Return of innocence
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table6.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Buttface! (300)

The boy had spent the night over, and the new day looked bright and colourful, even in his usually pessimistic eyes. It was time to go home, because Lexey had to be very worried about her favourite man. Yes, this was true. His heart fluttered lightly at the thought, that she was only his. The boy knew that a man had been with her for a while, but he had not been there when Conor had moved in with her, and it was just them two. His life had turned completely the moment he had moved in with her, and for once, his happiness seemed like something less fragile and longer lasting. Conor was slowly growing up. He had started to understand more about his own situation. He had been foolish to attempt to follow in his father’s footsteps. It had not been many attempts before the boy had realized that it had not helped being cruel to others. The mere fact that he had tried to.. it made him sad. Things were going okayish now though. He could soon breathe safely.

The little boy had started following his own trail from the day before when Cambria had found him. It was a bit weak, but his nose was well developed, and he was quite certain that he would find his way back without getting lost. There was pride beating in his heart. Conor Soul had managed to do something on his own. He had gone all the way to Dreams pack to say sorry to pretty Cambria, and now he would go back. Maybe he was not as pathetic as he always had thought. There was definitely improvement here. It was a relief not to feel the sadness eat him away, although there was a bit of worry in his heart. His father was always overshadowing his life, but there was also something else. A little creature that now lived in his room. The little fox that he had saved from his dad’s claws.

[/html]
[html]
Conor's table is so pretty. :O. 529 words.

A light breeze drifted across the land, teasing Ares' already somewhat mussed up fur. He was trotting along a somewhat worn trail near the northern border, but a particular scent carried in the wind stopped the youth dead in his tracks. It was the scent of the pack his mother belonged to. A terrified handful of milliseconds determined that no, it was not her (she wasn't allowed here anyway, forbidden from the land, he was safe, safe). A hopeful few more also eliminated his sister, Princess. No, it was a stranger. A stranger.. from his mother's pack. Goosebumps tickled his skin as he crept slowly, slowly towards the scent. Was he allowed to chase strangers off? I mean, it made sense that the leaders could, but did Ares wasn't one, he was a Basic Officer. And while he wasn't sure precisely where in the ranks that stood, he figured by his age and tenure that it wasn't very high.

Well, maybe he'd question the stranger. If he didn't have a good reason for being here, then he was just a dirty trespasser, and Ares would probably not get in trouble for asking him to make him leave. Because honestly his presence made him sorta uncomfortable. Of course because it dredged up memories of Tokyo. But most importantly, at the moment, his discomfort came from recalled feelings of shame, disgust, and self-loathing when he had had to turn away, when he was too scared to cross over into those lands and find his mother.

The stranger came into sight. Oh. Weird. It was just a kid - smaller than Ares himself. When did Ares grow so big? He didn't ever remember anyone being smaller than him. Even Princess had been bigger, if only slightly (and probably then because she was perpetually better fed). The fierce questions he had been planning slipped out of his mental grasp, and he was forced to quickly re-evaluate the situation. "You're from the same pack as my mother, I don't know what it's called, but you smell like it." Bluntly, matter-of-fact. The other boy was brown. Ares didn't remember what Tokyo's thoughts on that color were, so he wasn't sure if his mother would have been nice to him or not. If it turned out the stranger knew her..

Oh God, what if word got back to her that her son was living in these lands? What if she came to get him? The thought was terrifying, and he regretted his admission of belonging to the blood of a woman from that strange pack. How big was the pack? Would the kid be able to figure it out by process of elimination? Well, Ares wouldn't give away his last name. Wouldn't name his mother. He'd be okay. He'd be safe. Tokyo wasn't allowed here. "Except I'm not going to tell you who my mother is, I don't want her to know I'm here." Just to make things clear. To head off the inevitable follow-up question. Ares hoped the stranger would at least fill him in on the name of his mother's pack, so he could have a more clear and direct process of thoughts about that area.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table6.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Thank you! I was wondering if it is a bit too 'girly' though? (300)

The boy felt light and content, still jumping from cloud to cloud, his relief and the good feeling it gave granting him temporary wings. The copper and cream tail waved proudly behind him, a very rare sight. It felt like his newfound courage and contentment was plain and obvious to the whole rest of the world. Yes, that was right, Conor Soul was not a very mean little boy. He was not a smaller copy of his horrible, horrible father. No, the boy had decided to take distance to everything that his father was. Alexey still knew close to nothing about what the small boy had endured while living at his father’s, and the lilac eyed child intended to let it stay that way. He was afraid that she would get angry, and when she got angry it did not matter much who that rage was directed at. It would be Conor’s fault that she got angry or upset, and he did not wish for such a thing. She was his sun and moon, and he was determined that he would not hurt her in any way again. At least not if he could help it.

The boy almost jumped when the older boy’s voice sounded. His mind must have been miles away, because the teenager was very close. His hackles rose as if his little body was struck by lightning. What if it had been the badger that had wanted to eat him when he was very little? Conor knew nothing of any mother or pack or smell. Frankly, the young Soul offspring had no idea of what the other male was talking about. Did the larger wolf want to hurt him? The Dreams pack was supposed to be nice to him because he had family here. Conor grimaced slightly as he sniffed the air. Dreams smell was on the boy, which made him a member of this large family like group pack thing. The boy’s tail found its usual place between his legs. Had he done anything wrong since the much larger boy had not even said hi to him?

The next words that sounded were even more confusing, and the brown boy took a step backwards, a little bit scared of the boy that talked about things that the young Dahlian puppy knew nothing about. Had this boy’s mother left him too? If he was sad because of that and perhaps a bit angry and confused, Conor could understand. ”Did yours mommy leave you too? Is okay, my mommy did too, but she said she still loves I.” the little boy pressed out, trying to sound understanding.

[/html]
[html]
Naww, I don't think it's too girly. It's definitely more reddish than pink~ 375 words.

Maybe Ares had still spoken too harshly to the kid. When his words first spilled out, the young brown boy's hackles rose and his tail tucked beneath his belly. He looked.. terrified. No, like he'd been hit. The second his mind made that connection, the adolescent felt ashamed. His own dominant, aggressive posture wilted, and he sighed, fixing his yellow eyes on the ground, too embarrassed to look at the kid as he managed to sputter out some words. Why had Ares felt the need to be so mean? It wasn't like the other boy had any choice about what pack he was born into, and he was young enough that it was probable he was a native of his mother's pack.

So his mother left him? Both of them motherless, although the child seemed not pleased b that particular twist of fate. Ares shook his head. "Nah, my mommy doesn't love me. So I left her." He boasted proudly. The puppy spoke a little weird, but it was probably just cause he was so little. It was weird to think that he himself had talked like that - for longer than average, even, because Tokyo never bothered to explain any of the grammatical concepts and Princess wasn't a good teacher, she got frustrated too easily. No, Ares hadn't figured out most of the finer details of the speaking thing until Star taught him.

"But my daddy left me." Ares added helpfully, daring to glance up from the ground once, shyly eying the other boy. "Before I was even born. I dunno if he loves me, I didn't ever meet him even once. I look like him, though." Proudly spoken, again. He had defensively wrestled the mark of shame that had made his mother hate him so much into something to be proud of. It was the only way he could justify hating her for her actions - if it really was a bad thing to look like Raphael, then she must have been right. And she couldn't have been right nothing that she had done could have been right, so it must be an amazing thing to look like his father. Ares' black and white mottled fur must be beautiful, amazing. It had to be.
[/html]
[html]
Btwbtw, I sent a pm to your Ares account before my brain could tell me to pm your tokyo account. Please take a look! (500)

The child completely failed to understand the youth’s point. Folded ears slowly started to lift from the Dahlian puppy’s skull. A moment passes while the older boy’s aggressive and dominant stance seemed to falter slightly. Haku was the first violent adult Conor had seen, and he still had a hard time trying to stop fearing that every other adult was the same. He had been afraid of the gray boy. Maybe he was just upset. Conor had been very upset and he had managed to make pretty Catalyst very sad, so perhaps this boy had tried exactly the same. The Soul child could offer understanding and support then, if that was a case. He knew everything about broken family, having lived in the ruins for quite some time before Alexey had taken him away and made him king of her cottage. He liked that; living together with Alexey.

The older boy spoke, and the younger boy formed a small o with his lips. Did not love so he left his mommy? How did he do that? He did not love his own mother either then? It had to be a misunderstanding. Firefly had disappeared from Conor’s life, but when he finally had found her before she disappeared from the lands for good she had told her son that she still loved him very much, but just could not be with him anymore. He did still not completely understand why that was, but she had said she loved him. Perhaps if this boy went and found his mother then she would cry and say that she loved him and missed him a lot? Conor did not know. He did not know any mother without children in Dahlia de Mai. Frankly, he did not know many at all, because he was very shy and preferred to watch people instead of engaging them. He was getting better, but he was still slightly antisocial.

It was sad to hear that daddy left, and even before he was born. Whoa, that sounded really weird. This time Conor waited patiently until the other boy had finished speaking before he replied, tail slowly recovering from its sanctuary against his light belly. Or, he had planned to reply. A thought struck the copperish brown child. The other wolf said that his mommy did not love him. Conor’s daddy did not love him, so perhaps this boy’s mommy was a bit like his daddy? Then he could understand. However, talking about daddy Haku was still much of a taboo for the child, although it would be easy to slip some forbidden sentences about his father because this could be a similar soul with similar family problems. ”Ohkay.” the lilac eyed boy said, wondering if he was supposed to say something smart now.

”Do you want to be my friend?” the boy dared ask, quickly sliding his gaze away from the older boy. If anything, Conor really needed friends, because he had discovered that even though he did not really like going around and socialize it actually made him feel better afterwards when he tried to analyze his own mood. Maybe this boy needed a friend too. ”I has a baby fox in my house. It doesnent have any teeths” the child added, quite certain that this was a very useful fact that would make the older boy say yes to be his friend.

[/html]
[html]
267 words, sorry for short D:

The other boy had pretty cool colored eyes. They were purple-ish, which wasn't something Ares had ever really seen before. A smile split the older's boy face as the younger one asked if he wanted to be friends. Ares had read a lot of books; that wasn't really the way adults made friends, and he was basically an adult now. Nine months? Yeah, adult. Besides, he had an adult rank in the pack he was in. He was a Basic Officer. But in some of the books he had read, children would ask questions like that. And what the hell, Ares could use a friend. Even if this wasn't the way you were supposed to do it. He still felt overly-apologetic about his initial attitude, too, and wanted to make it up to the other boy.

"Yeah, sure kid. My name's Ares Chance. What's yours, friend?" The next statement sorta surprised the mottled gray adolescent. A baby fox? Ares' mind flitted back towards picture books of animals he had read. He'd never really ran into many foxes, maybe encountered one or two in his time in the area. There hadn't been many in the area he was born. Or maybe they just weren't around, cause of the winter weather? Whatever, it didn't matter. But.. no teeth. Now, that was weird. The boy in front of him did not look anything like the sort of wolf that would be able to be so cruel to a little baby fox. So of course, the next natural question was: "Oh wow, how'd he lose his teeth? Does he have a name?"
[/html]
[html]
I'm so slow I embarass myself (500)

It was unknown where Conor’s unique eye colour had come from. Perhaps there was a senior member from Colibri Soul’s side of the family that had red eyes and that this gene had managed to weakly mix in with the commonly blue and thus granting Conor’s eyes the colour of lilac. Conor had looked at his reflection in the mirror and found his own eyes very special. Quite a few individuals had commented on it too, so luckily the Soul boy was not all ugly and stupid. At least he had unique and pretty eyes. Cercelee said that he was smart too, but he was not all too sure about that as of yet. It was not something he wanted to deal with yet, although he always felt the need to prove himself. He did not feel particularly smart, but he assumed that would come with age since he was merely a puppy and the smart people usually were adults way older than him. Yes. It had to be that way. Cercelee meant that he would be a very smart adult. He hoped so.

The copperish puppy’s tail started a fulltime wag when it was acknowledged that they were now friends. The older boy even gave Conor a name, and the boy smiled at the other, not at all recognizing the Chance surname. The two Chance members had yet to run into the little child, and still there was always the possibility that he would have forgotten all about them anyway if that had been the case. ”I am Conor Soul!” the younger boy squeaked merrily out to the gray toned youth. About how the fox had lost its teeth? Well, that was not something the boy really wanted to get into. The wagging tail quickly found its safe spot clutched against his belly, and the boy folded his ears miserably. It had been ewwy to witness the scene where the boy had found the little fox. Haku had found new ways of dealing with his demons, and that included torturing and killing the lesser animals.

There was one solid rule in Conor’s life: Avoid Haku Soul. This also included conversations and all chit chat. Conor’s life had been utterly miserable, and he knew better than to tell anyone what his father really was. The little boy imagined horrible consequences. Fear was something he experienced daily, but he did not think he had witnessed Haku Soul’s absolutely worst side yet. It was better to let the truth lie in the dark. He would just have to stay away from his chocolate coated father and attempt to find and then live his own life. That was the only liveable option the boy possessed, and he clung to this with all his might. ”Some mean man took them out and made it cry.” he eventually revealed, but determined that this was all the info that his new friend would get. What if Ares knew his father? The boy did not dare to take the chance, although it would have been a good thing to have someone to confide in and share those dark truths with.

[/html]
[html]
do not be embarassed! suchhh a cute av, btw. 373 words

Conor Soul. It was a good, strong name - Ares liked it. It was.. Irish, he thought? He had read some story about some Irishman named Conor, although he couldn't remember for the life of him what the story's name was, or even anything that had occurred in the course of its progression. The visible happiness on the puppy at the simple word of friend made Ares glad he had specifically included it, and somewhat less guilty about his earlier actions. The fox, though, seemed to be a sore subject, as Conor basically wilted at Ares' question. He had thought that maybe the younger boy would have liked to talk about it, as it was something he had brought up, but apparently Conor had either changed his mind or Ares had asked the wrong question.

For a brief moment, Ares irrationally wondered if it was his mother that had performed the action. It was an irrational consideration because it wasn't something Tokyo would do. Not because of the reasons that would stop any sane person - she wouldn't care about the poor creature's suffering, not one iota. She just wouldn't have any reason to take out the teeth. It wasn't like they were pretty enough for her to want to own them. Tokyo didn't ever seem to feel any guilt, but she wasn't casually cruel. Even when he had hurt Ares, she had always claimed some reason, feeble as they might have seemed to the poor tortured puppy. He had played with Princess' toys without permission. He had been talking too much. Or he had been too silent, and was obviously plotting some evil because of it.

But no; it wasn't her anyway. Conor confirmed that it had been a man who had performed the cruel deed. Despite the fact that this looked like a sore subject.. The younger boy was still speaking about it. And Ares was so terribly curious, curious what sort of villains Tokyo had befriended, what sort of evil people she had allied with, what sort of barriers he would have to avoid or preemptively take down to get to her... "Who did it?" Ares whispered, conspiratorially, keeping his voice low so that Conor could more easily reply in turn.
[/html]
[html]
Short!

The boy had an idea of that friends could be trusted. Those emotional lavender eyes stayed on his new friend for what seemed to be a long while, thinking what kind of reply he could create to avoid the question. He had never told Alexey who had done it. He had not seen the guilty creature in action, but Conor knew his father’s scent too well. It was indeed a sore object, but Conor was investigating and experiencing what it was to be a normal person. Trust was something too that should be worked on. Friends told each other, did they not? Ares Chance did not seem to have the most awesome parents in the world either, so this classified information could be safe in his hands. Right? The boy swallowed loudly, and decided to let Ares in on the secret. “It was my daddy that did it. My daddy is not a nice persons and he are hurting small things.” Small things included little Conor. He, more than anyone else in the pack, had gotten to experience Haku’s cruelty, both mentally and a bit physically, though he had never bled heavily from Haku’s hits.
[/html]
[html]
ooh, at some point ares should trespass on dahlian lands to try and get tokyo and run into haku maybe haha. XD. 232 words, i do short too!

Conor seemed very worried and hesitant, but Ares knew he was going to tell him. And then he did! That was good, the older boy didn't want to be annoying but he was desperately curious at this point. He frowned, though. Poor Conor. It seemed like having a Daddy was not necessarily such a good thing. Ares couldn't help but persist in believing, though, that his Dad would have been a good guy. Or at least better than Tokyo. There was no way he could be as bad as she had sad, no way she could have been anywhere near justified for the actions she took upon him for his unlucky resemblance. Instead of being content with even that shred of information, Ares pushed for a little more: "What's his name? What's he look like?" He tilted his head. This was important. If there were more dangerous people in his mother's pack, he had to know who to avoid. But Conor deserved an explanation: "My.. My mom was like that, too, sorta. She didn't really hurt most small things but she did hurt me." Very solemn, but then excitement and a courage he didn't quite feel crept into his tone. "I'm gonna go to your pack and fight her some time, to get back at her! And if you tell me what your dad looks like, I can keep away from him."
[/html]
[html]
300+

What if Ares would tell everyone and Haku would find out and know that it was Conor that had revealed this? The lilac eyed boy was quite certain that his father knew who it was that had discovered and stolen the fox. The fox was living together with Conor and Alexey after all, so it was not hard to figure out. Conor had also left a trace of scent behind, and his father was far from a fool despite being very mean and evil and angry. His daddy was a lot of things, but most mean things and not so many nice things. It was sad, because Cambria had a fun father (Conor had slept over and met the family, it was a good family). He wanted a good and kind family like his cousins had. It was sad. ”My daddy is Haku Soul, and I am Conor Soul, but I am not mean like he is.” the boy squeaked, giving Ares his name a second time. ”Please don’t tell, because if my daddy finds out he will eat me, and I don’t want to die.” the boy added sadly, all of a sudden on the verge of tears. He really did not want to die.

The older boy talked about his mommy, and Conor curled into a ball in pure fear. This mommy of Ares lived in Dahlia and now Dahlia was so much scarier because there was a mean woman there too. He wanted Ares to fight his mother and chase her away so that he would never have to meet her at all! ”He is hases blues eyes and looks like me, but not all like me, just a bit bigger. And he is very larger and has scary things on him.” His father was nearly always in his secui form lately, and he was more scarred than any other wolf that Conor had ever seen. A scary man!

[/html]
[html]

end soon maybes? 237 words~

Conor Soul, and his father was Haku Soul. Haku was a weird name, unlike anything Ares had heard of before, so it shouldn't be too hard to remember. Anyway, it didn't matter too much because he intended to be very very careful when moving against Tokyo in any way, and should hopefully never actually have to encounter this newly revealed secondary terror of Dahlia de Mai. What sort of person would remove a baby fox's teeth? What was the point of it anyway? "I won't tell." Ares said solemnly, promising. He wasn't quite sure that Haku would actually eat Conor, but as he didn't really know one way or the other it was better to err on the safe side. And the younger boy looked super scared, too. Maybe the sort of demon who would pull teeth from a baby fox really would eat his own son. Tokyo had certainly not hesitated in killing half of her own litter. Anyway, Conor and him were friends! Trust and stuff were important. He wouldn't break Conor's trust, not ever.

He had blue eyes, looked like Conor, scary things on his face. Scars, or tattoos maybe. "Thank you for telling me, though, friend. I'll remember. Maybe I'll get your dad, after I get my mom." Ares grinned, trying to look braver than he really was. It was easy, when neither of the antagonists he was speaking boldly about were actually present.
[/html]
[html]
yesh.

A relieved smile dominated the boy’s face when it was certain that the secret would stay safe and sound with his newly made friend. Although he was unable to trust anyone completely except for Alexey, this would be a good test and terrific practise at just that: trust. The fear of disposure, however, could not fade. The fear of his father was too deep for that. One day he would rise above his father and manage to push back the nightmares of a blue eyed monster, but right now Conor Soul was a mere child and so, so very small. Conor merely nodded when Ares-friend said that he would maybe get his dad after he had taken his own mother down. Conor did not want to meet this mother of his. She seemed just like a female dad version. He hoped Ares would get his dad. One day, but not today. Alexey protected him though, so he wouldn’t be that scared, really. Yes. Home. ”Thank you friend Ares, but now I has to go home because Alexey does not known where I are.” he had not revealed to her where he had been going the day before today, and he was certain she was worrying sick. She would not be happy with him, but he loved her anyway and would gladly take the scolding because he knew it was well deserved for disappearing like that. ”Goodbye I visit soon.” the boy said and started to head off in the direction of Dahlia de Mai.
[/html]