a one man's soul [J.]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leboat.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

ooc -

Vigilante's hoping to jooooin. ^^

Vigilante Haskel

February 3rd, 2009

Luperci by birth

Alaskan Malamute x German Shepherd Dog mix

Male

(AIM) HuggleSquishGirl

ic -

Padding forward, Vigilante tilted his head curiously. These lands were completely foreign to him, but all he wanted was to find somewhere to feel at home and completely at ease. The smell of a pack lingered where he had stopped, and though he couldn't tell how many members it had or what it was like, the male was willing to risk all to find a home. His past was behind him, but he wanted to bury it. The peaceful face of his dying sister as she gave her life for the good of her pack and family would haunt him forever, and to know that he had been the one to kill someone so peaceful and so selfless was so incredibly, tremendously painful. The fact that he did not have much choice in the matter did not do much to help; there was always a choice, and there was never a happy outcome.

His ears fell back as he thought of Martyr. It had been months since he had left his pack behind, but he lived in a constant state of fear that he would be hunted down and killed for leaving, or worse, for what he had done to Martyr. But it wasn't my choice. . . They told me I had to. He shook his head to clear the thoughts. Vigilante had left his pack in hopes of putting it behind him, not letting it haunt him for the rest of his life. All he wanted now was to have a normal life, or at least a life that had a relative resemblance to normal. Joining a pack was the first step, wasn't it? Arching his back to stretch his forelegs, he wagged his tail absent-mindedly. It was an automatic response, to wag his curled tail when stretching. As he stood, he stopped. He didn't want to make himself happy. Lifting his muzzle, he let a short howl out into the early morning sun, hoping someone would be close to the border that he stood at.

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: Whoo, welcome to the cool club! =D

Early morning sunlight crept slowly along the pale sands of the beach, tendrils of light filtering into the caves of the Pirata Grotto. The extensive network of caves spread through the beachside cliffs, but for now, one slumbered peacefully right in the entranceway. The lean collie-dog lay sprawled on his back, one arm resting lightly on his whipcord-muscled stomach, feathered fur strewn along the cool stone floor. His fringed ears twitched, whiskers bristling in a silent dream, one he never seemed to remember. It was a rare sight, to see the charismatic leader so vulnerable - and just like the delicate sunrise, it was not to last very long.

A loud plaintive wail sounded, echoing in the chambers of the grotto, reverberating in his sensitive ears until the light sleeper started awake. His dark eyes blinked, adjusting to the breaking of the dawn as he sat up abruptly. Moments later, his drowsy mind clicked into action - it was a dog's howl at their borders, much like Leroy's melodic husky voice. A wicked grin lit upon his noble muzzle. Excitement already! Normally he would be irate that his nap was disturbed, but it was worth it to meet a new playmate. Or could it be one of his dogs, lost at sea? Rising with fluid grace, the multi-hued Optime padded onto the sand, jogging to where he pinpointed the cry.

The pale light made his fur glow like dull fire, the tawny-gold melting seamlessly into the terracotta-red and ivory-cream. His dark mane was drawn back into a ponytail as usual, bobbing behind him as he craned his neck to see the new arrival. Surprisingly, the newcomer was not shifted, and it was the first time Jac had seen someone approach him as such since he had arrived on these shores. Curious dark eyes glittered as they drank in the sight of the shaggy male before him, earthen brown and tar-black with muddy green eyes. It was no one he had seen before, which was fine, because the influx of new members made him ecstatic to begin with.

"Ahoy there, monsieur! You have reached the borders of the Cour des Miracles, the street of miracles where the beggars are wanted and cripples find purpose, and loyalty is valued above all! I am the ruler of this kingdom, Jacquez Trouillefou," he crowed, bridling with unfettered pride to announce his glorious possession. The one-armed man tilted his head coyly as he drew nearer, his booming voice still echoing around them. How would the muddy husky react to such a grand entrance? It was not often one was presented with a trueblood king!

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leboat.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

ooc -

I'm guessing he is shifted right now? ^^;

ic -

His eyes lifted to the man's face with the booming voice, and already Vigilante was having doubts. The man spoke like a leader, and said he was the leader, and though Vigilante was not a good judge of such things, he did not look like any leader the mutt had seen before. Beggars, and cripples? Well, he didn't think he was much of either, although he supposed he was, technically, begging for a home and a normal life. But I'm better than that, he thought, the idea upsetting. I'm not a beggar. Clearing his throat, the mutt nodded slowly. "Hello, Jacquez Trouillefou. I do apologize for waking you so early, but I thought it a better, and more appropriate, idea than to stand at your borders for hours." Again, he looked up at the sky, where the sun was only beginning to poke through the nighttime clouds. Yes, it was rather early for anyone to have to be awake.

He was silent for a moment, trying to consider what he should say. "My name is Vigilante Haskel, and I'm hoping to join this pack. . . Is it normal, without ridiculous legends and elders who instruct you to do things you are loathe to do? Are you able to hold ranks and have a family, without fearing what will come next?" he inquired, his words eager, almost the opposite of what he had thought before about not being a beggar. There was no logical reason that he would be turned away from this Cours des Miracles, as Jacquez had so called it. Vigilante was an able-bodied man, young and not dependant. He could take care of himself, and then some, and knew he would do his best to help his future pack. He would do anything - anything possible in this wretched world - to make up for what he had done in the past, to try and make it right. Anything, that is, but go back.

He coughed, feeling as though he shouldn't have said what he had with such feeling. "I apologize for my outburst. It's been a long few months that I've just wanted a normal pack and a normal life. Will I. . . Find that here?" It was not certain, but he did so hope, so very much. His muddy gaze settled on the tall man's face, and for the first time since Jacquez arrived, Vigilante felt a little foolish for not having shifted before arriving. He was more than comfortable in either form, but he knew there were normal wolves all around - those being the ones unfortunate enough to not be able to shift - so he had been wary of what kind he would be coming upon. Evidently, the ones in this area (or at least one) were like him.

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: Yes, he's always shifted! ^-^ Easier to be missing an arm, than to run around on three legs... This post is a little short, to get ya joined sooner!

The foreign dog regarded him calmly, radiating politeness and dignity. Jac met his gaze with a curious tilt to his head, letting his mahogany-hued ears flop forward. This husky fellow was not their usual brand of rebel or amputee... but that did not make him unwanted. In fact, something about the noble sadness behind his muddy eyes reminded him strongly of their own Sir Haven, the youthful knight trying to right his sire's wrongs. Not every beggar fit the "weak and desperate" stereotype. Some begged for peace, atonement, some last vestige of goodness to cling to in a world of darkness. And they could always use more good guys here.

"No need for apology, mon ami, it is my pleasure to meet you. Vigilante Haskel, is it? We live without fear here. We support each other - to threaten one of us is to threaten us all, and we look after our own. Your responsibilities are those you choose to take on, not what we tell you to. Does that answer your question...?" White fangs gleamed in a self-satisfied grin. His kingdom was always open to those tired of oppression. And he loved being right, knowing that there were so many that would flock beneath his banner, shedding their chains of tradition.

[/html]
[html]

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... ound-1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Svara had been looking for Jacquez all day. She didn't know why she wanted to see the kings to bad today, but it was an urge none the less. Ever since admitting Haven to let Siobhan into the pack, Svara couldn't stop looking into the passing puddles for her reflection. It wasn't as if she hated herself, but she couldn't seem to get over an inner hatred for her scars. They were her mistakes, and every one who looked at them knew about all that she had failed. Not everyone could be beautiful, some had to forfeit their beauty for others to be considered so.

Turning the bed Svara found the king finally. His broad back and missing arm letting her know her one eye did not deceive her. Walking up she saw the other male quick enough and gave him one glance before ignoring him. "You are becoming a pain to find Jacquez." The constable muttered temper flaring in her husky voice. Giving the loner another glance from her yellow eyes, only one seeing him she didn't look long before looking away at Jac. "Guess I know why." She was still in a pissy mood, and she knew she should leave. Maybe her self esteem had sought out the king, hoping to repair it's brokenness.

[/html]
[html]

ooc -

Makes sense. :3 And cool. ^^

ic -

Nodding in response to the slight question of his name, Vigilante thought over the words the leader spoke. “It does answer my questions, Jacquez. Thank you. I appreciate the idea that I could be. . . Comfortable here. And I need not do what is not wanted, you‘re certain?” That idea was the most appealing out of everything the male had said. To think, that he might be able to live peacefully, without being told to kill everyone he deemed unworthy of the gift of life. He did not think him to be better than everyone else, and he hated himself, just a bit, for how many lives he had taken. It must have been hundreds, since he at been at his profession for two years, and he never went more than a week in between killings. Often the killings were done in larger groups, sometimes up to groups of twenty, if they were separated slightly or asleep.

Standing straighter, Vigilante smiled ruefully up at his new leader - or who he thought was his new leader. It did not seem like Jacquez would turn anyone away, and the mutt male thought he would be a worthy pack member. “So. . . Am I in, or do I need to tell you about my past, and any abilities that I might glorify just to seem more appealing as a pack member?” The last bit was a joke about how frequently loners might exaggerate on their usefulness to a pack, just to be accepted. Considering what Jacquez had said about responsibilities, he didn’t think he would need to explain how useful he would be to the pack. He would do what he could in the pack, of course, but he wasn’t going to glorify himself just to be accepted. All he wanted was a home, and a normal life. Startled by the newcomer, Vigilante blinked at the female, then offered her a smile. "Hello. I'm Vigilante Haskel. And you. . . ?"

[/html]
[html]

"I am the king! What I say is law, and I say that I am never going to order you to go against your will. What sort of royalty would I be if I did such a thing? Monsieur Haskel, once you have lived here for some time and grown comfortable with our laid-back lives, you can choose to take a job, one that suits you. But it is entirely up to you." His loud voice reverberated in the still air between them, bold with its conviction. He was a creature that did not know the meaning of doubt. Thankfully, his charismatic airs and playful disposition made him a generally beloved leader, rather than a tyrannical despot. He was not the only leader, though - he was joined then by his Constable, the rough youth that shared a measure of his power.

"Well, it's early," he grumbled under his breath, never surprised by the impromptu visits of his second-in-command. She was learning how to find him faster than Ruri had - ah, sightless women and their charms. Although to be fair, Svara just had poor vision, she wasn't fully blind. "I wouldn't expect you to be seeking me at this hour." He raised an eyebrow, dark eyes glancing curiously at the battered face. She was more bitter than usual - she hadn't even mocked the newcomer yet, as was her habit. What did she want him for? So far, single life didn't seem to be suiting her very well... He reached out his hand to ruffle her shaggy red mane, knowing that it would bother her to be touched without permission, before returning his easily-diverted attention back to Vigilante.

The collie-dog returned the smile, pleased by how the meeting had transpired. "I don't care where you came from or what you can do - as long as you'll pledge allegiance to us, to me, and you have no intentions of hurting or betraying your packmates, you're in." He drew himself up proudly, plumed tail waving a lazy rhythm. He had gained another ally, a powerful one at that. Today would be a good day.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[html]

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... ound-1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Svara stood there not really there because of the joiner. She was in to foul a mood to care about a joiner. Weather she liked it or not her ego liked Jac, it was probably the only reason she tolerated Leroy. Svara hated to be to close in fear she might disspoint, she loved her family, but every day she feared she would fail them. Better they already hate her right? Jac's words made her bare her teeth, not threatening but challenging. "Kiss my ass Jac." Her ears lay flat on her skull with her irritation.

His hand came down on her head, a part of her liked the action, another hated how he was treating her like a child. Grabbing the hand she threw it from her head. Her yellow eyes seething. "Why the fuck did I come looking for you? Your so usless! What ever!" Looking at the other male Svara nodded a good bye before stomping away. Her pride no less healed then it had been. She didn't want to go to Leroy for it either, she didn't know why but she didn't.

[/html]
[html]

ooc -

Should we be done with this thread, perhaps, or keep going?

ic -

Vigilante bowed graciously to his new king, deciding that this male would likely appreciate such a gesture. Jacquez did so seem to have an affinity for the flair, and the mutt found himself liking his one-armed leader. "Thank you, again, King Jacquez," he said with a nod of finality. It seemed like he was going to fit in well here, although he did have to say that he hoped not everyone was as angry-looking as the small female that had joined them. At least he could say that she didn't seem angry with him, so it didn't seem likely that he had pissed anyone off just yet. Surely, it would happen, as Vigilante just wasn't used to the regular pack life. He just hoped it wouldn't happen too soon.

As the female stomped off, he looked up at the king once more. "She seemed none-too-pleased. Is she always like that?" the male inquired, cocking his head curiously. He had dealt with many unhappy wolves and shifters himself, but he hoped that she wasn't angry all the time. Everyone deserved to be happy for a little while; that was what he was seeking for himself, after all. The apparent relationship between Jacquez and the female was curious, at the very least. The leader was correct - it was very early, and yet, the female had been looking for him. . . With very visible anger. What sort of relationship did they have?

[/html]