Luperci
bleachedstorm [at] gmail

[dot] com
bleachedstorm [aim]

style="margin-left: 25px;">
Preferably

anyone who knows and/or recently saw Segodi,

but anyone else is welcome to jump in, too Smile

It had been a foolish decision, but maybe it didn't even deserve the definition of a decision. He hadn't thought about it, gauged the possible repercussions, examined the details (which to him had been subsequent) or let anyone else know (but they would have stopped him). He had left the side of his mother, disappeared from the ranks of the siblings he now missed incredibly, and set off on his own, ridiculously confident that everything would work out in the end. But it hadn't, because Segodi was nowhere to be found and he was miles from home with no recognition of how to get back, and there was nothing in front of him to say that there was anything else out here. There was nothing that said he had to be logical, but from now on, he consciously decided that he should take sensible steps to guide him from this recklessness. If he didn't die out here on his own, he felt that he had learned his lesson.

Out here, all by himself, there was a sense of foreboding, but he also felt exhilarated, because there was no one to tell him he shouldn't do something or he should do something else. He was independent! However, there was a price to pay for independence, and he wasn't sure that he could yet afford the toll. He had to find his own shelter and scavenge what he could for food, and it was all tremendously mediocre. There was no one to talk to or comfort him when he felt like he was at a dead end, which he felt now. He could only afford the kind of independence that you couldn't depend on. Even the world pushed him and put him even more precariously against impossible odds. The land seemed endless as the skies he walked under. There was nowhere to go but on and on until something ended and he couldn't depend on that either. He would probably break before it ever came.

But he believed that the universe always balanced itself out in the end. As he trudged through fresh snow on weary legs, there was a scent, and it smelled to him like hope. A bridge across the river of raging rapids. The scent of more coyotes warmed his heart and raised his spirits. Maybe someone here had seen his father, or maybe his father could actually be here. To anyone else it might seem like a shot in the dark to have any expectations, but Jesile had them because he wanted to see Dad again, and with this hope he believed that he eventually would. When Segodi had not come back for his family, the young puppy had been determined to find him and bring him back to where he belonged, and still, he remained determined. Nothing of life could stand in his way of that love and young, foolish courage. He had yet to learn anything the hard way.

Inferni was his current hope. Dad was gone, but maybe someone knew where he had gone. Finding out was better than chasing ghosts. Maybe if he stood patiently on their doorstep like a good boy should, they would take pity and help him. It felt all right.

>[/html]
[html]
mall-caps;">Table by Hilli

<3 Isn't that good considering I am distracted. D:

It seemed Inferni once again was being overrun by puppies. Half of Kaena's litter, Asphyxia's entire litter of three and Empusa. Now, she was going to be giving birth to another litter. She was glad her mother would be around to help her out when she needed it. Faol was kind of unsure whether she could do it on her own or not. It was winter, what would happen if food supplies ran low? Could the puppies inside her die? Taking in a deep breath she pushed the door to the Inferni house open with her muzzle and slipped outside, closing the door with her paw.

The air was cool and with it brought a new scent from the border. This scent smelled of Segodi. It was faint though, could it be possible he was back here again? Did he regain his memory and return to Inferni and rejoin the ranks. The thoughts in her head drove her forth, she bounded through the snow her heart pounded in her chest, blood pulsing in her ears. She sniffed it out, but the figure she came upon was not the form of Segodi. Disappointed, she pouted and walked towards the border. The coyote was small, but Segodi's scent clung to it. Who was it?

"Hello? Can I help you?" she asked in her usual kind tone. Faolin was a little on edge out of fear for her first litter. With a weary glance she looked the stranger over. He was young, only a pup. Half a year maybe? Shrugging any negative thoughts from her mind she shook her head and greeted him with a friendly smile. He looked sort of distraught, were those the words? He was far from home, that's all she knew. Had Segodi found another mate and with her had children? "Sorry to be nosy, but you are looking for Segodi aren't you? Or, wait. He goes by Abel now I believe," confusion swept over her. Segodi had given his name as Abel and completely denied having anything to do with her or Inferni. So, which alias did this kid know him as?

[/html]
[html]
psh, that was good. <3

The appearance of the female coyote brought a smile to his lips through the discomfort he felt being so far from home and everyone he knew, and he thought about all the things that had happened between the moment Segodi had taken the family to safety to that moment where he now stood. Every event that had transpired was a conscious thought on his mind and as he looked at her, he was pummeled by a number of emotions that became a swirling vortex in his mind. Initially, he was unable to speak, and the mixed feelings that plagued him were probably evident in his features. In the same moment, his heart swelled with hope and he felt a tug on it that threatened to let it sink. What if Segodi was really here? But then, on the other hand, what if she had never seen him before at all? What if she had seen him but didn't know where he had gone? What if, what if, what if. The little boy with champagne eyes was a little stubborn though, and refused to allow himself to think the worst of things. He would find Segodi. He would bring him back to where he belonged.

“Hello,” he replied warmly, hardly nervous at all. There was no room for nervousness when you had a goal, when your mind was so focused on one thing. However, when she nearly immediately recognized why he was there before he even had a chance to explain, he was startled. His eyes widened just a little and he hopped forward a step in excitement without a conscious effort on his part. “Yeah! I—” but he cut himself off. Wait. He what? “He...what?” he stupidly asked, repeating his thought aloud. The confusion he felt was like thick fog, but he still had enough sense to cut through it, realizing that he had been impolite with this abrupt outburst. “Sorry, I mean... I don't understand?” That in itself was worthy of being a question because he was not entirely sure what he had heard. Maybe he simply misunderstood her. It was likely enough for him to believe and patiently, he waited for her to repeat, explain, or elaborate. He had forgotten what he wanted to say.
[/html]
[html]

<3

The hope and happiness that had surged through his veins was strong enough to take over her own emotions and her smile broadened glad the young fellow before her was at ease in her presence. Her blood froze and the thick fog that he had so easily cut through had thickened inside her head, confusion swept over both of them, but she was able to shake it a bit. Well, this gave Faolin some sort of time frame as to when Segodi had lost his memory. Let's say this boy was about six or seven months, she had seen Segodi a little over a month ago. He would have been at least a month old to remember his father so well. So, what was the time span? Four months? She shook her head back and forth, the thick cloud of confusion making her feel a bit uneasy.

"I-I'm sorry. I am just as confused as you are. You see, I am Faolin Mogotsi, Segodi is my dad - well, sort of. He adopted my brother and I. He came around here about a month ago, but I think he lost his memory or something. I don't really know, he called himself Abel," she frowned, sighing and tried to regain her thoughts. It was nice, having even more family. The boy reminded her slightly of Tedros, maybe it was just because of the blood that ran through them both. Segodi's blood. Her tail swept back and forth behind her. "After I talked to him briefly he disappeared again, you are welcome to stay here. My mate is the leader of Inferni I can't see why he would reject you. You look like a fine boy," she smiled warmly. It would be nice to have more of her family come back. With all of the excitement there was a glimmer of hope that existed within her that Nyika or Tedros or anyone for that matter would return too. Asphyxia had, and that was the least expected.

She shivered, and watched the boy with keen interest, studying his moves, relaying his emotions through her head. It was strange, but in a way he greatly reminded her of her father. Inferni was even more interlaced with family bonds. Few were strangers within the pack and with Faolin's and Gabriel's bloodlines sealed by the puppies that she carried within her it would be one great big family. What would make it better would be if Segodi returned, she missed him more than ever. It hurt her to know that he was wandering around and could not remember any of his sons or daughters he had no memories or recollections of the past. She missed him greatly, and now there were two of them hoping and waiting for his return. Only if the pup would accept her offer in staying. "How about it, huh? Stay here for a while at least, get rested up. If Segodi does not show up within a couple weeks you can return to where you came from or if you'd rather, stay here with me?"

[/html]
[html]

Suddenly he didn't feel so alone. In the span of a few seconds it had become clear that she was just as confused as he was, which meant that she understood and if nothing else, knew who Segodi was, and had recently seen him. He still could not shake his confusion but the warmth within him spread from his heart to every extremity to create a kind of web of happiness. At the same moment that he was experiencing all of this, it finally hit him. He had another sister! Well, an adopted sister, but to him it was all the same and it meant the world. Somehow he had wandered far away from family he knew so well, but had managed to stride right into the life of more family, family he had no idea existed. It was a strange feeling to the boy. Everything had actually worked out in the end (even though he hadn't located his father) because he had found her, and she seemed just as anxious to find Segodi again as well. Now more than ever, he felt as though he was on the right path.

However, he still had no idea of what he should say. Things had seemed to progress in a fast-forward state, and he had barely had a chance to let it all sink in. Though he wanted to say a million things, he could barely elicit a response that anyone on the planet would be able to comprehend, and so kept his mouth shut. The smile on his face grew though, and it was implicit. He was incredibly grateful for all of this. Finding out he had another family member as close to immediate family as she was, hearing her welcome him into her home clan, and finally, most importantly, finding out that Segodi (or Abel, as he had apparently called himself, which was still a mystery) had been here and that he was still out here, still alive. It was all so overwhelming, but it was the most amazing sort of overwhelming information he could ever hope for.

“Thank you!” he exclaimed finally when she had made her incredible proposition. They would find him. They had to. “I would like to stay. Here. With you!” Partly because he didn't know how to get back, which was embarrassing and a poor display of his skills (or lack thereof), and so he would not tell her that. But he also had a feeling that he would be reunited with his father if he was only patient enough. Maybe he would regain his memory, and come looking for him! It was a long shot, he acknowledged, but he couldn't help hoping. Someday he would find his family again, and not just his father, but his mother and brother and sister, too. Being away from them for a little while would be okay, he knew, now that he had discovered even more family. “I'm Jesile,” he said with a grin, already looking up at her with a foundation of fondness. She was family, after all.
[/html]
[html]

<3

Her heart raced with excitement and her blood surged with hope. Segodi had two different familes, two more reasons to return to Inferni. Would more of this pup's family follow? Segodi's mate, siblings perhaps? If he had any living relatives that was. She did not want to probe into his life and would let him come around eventually. It was a lot to comprehend, even for her. Everything just seemed too surreal at the moment, but it was a nice feeling. A feeling she did not want to destroy. Faol did not want to rush things with the little boy, her... brother? Looking at him before her, she felt kind of overwhelmed with all the new emotions and information that was being relayed.

"That's good! We'll have plenty of time to tell each other many stories I'm sure," she grinned, and gave a curt nod before turning and facing the lands of Inferni. She let out a long coyote yip, tinged with the sound of a wolf's howl. It had only been about two weeks ago that Asphyxia had returned, Gabriel would probably be wondering about all the family that was coming and joining Inferni. It was all kind of funny really, she had expected many new comers with the winter season and cold weather, but none of them to be mostly related to her in some way. Dropping her muzzle back down she turned to the boy.

"Gabriel is the the Aquila here or alpha, we have a different ranking system, but I'll explain it all to you later. You don't really have to worry about it for a couple months. There are others around your age, although I'd watch out for Andrezej, he is... different, he does not take to others I guess." To put it simply, he liked nobody. Well, maybe he liked Hybrid, but those two would be two peas in a pod. Along with Samael. Faolin sighed inwardly, and watched the boy with great amusement. "We have a house that a few of us stay in, I sleep their with my mate and I am not really sure if anyone else has taken up residence. You are welcome to take your own room there, it's nice and cozy especially with the winter weather. I'll probably be around there. If you'd like I could give you a quick tour of the lands after Gabriel has come and accepted you!" Her tail wagged back and forth behind her excited to have a new brother, something to fill that void she had been missing since Tedros left and Hybrid.. well, just became Hybrid.
[/html]
[html]
He listened intently as she explained the ins and outs of their clan, and he smiled a little more with every detail. The boy was a quick learner, and loved gaining new knowledge of absolutely anything, and so he was more than happy to sit and just listen to others speak, archiving the new with the things he had already absorbed and noted. For instance, it was interesting to him that they had a different ranking system, because the clan he had come from had a different system, too. "Aquila", however, was a completely new word to him, and generally, he associated the Greek alphabet as wolf hierarchy, simply because he had not heard of anything otherwise. Not having to worry about any of this for a few months as she had said was a bit of a relief. If they had an entirely different system to what he was used to, he knew he would have to become accustomed to something else.

Jesile also paid critical attention to her description of other members in the clan. Gabriel was both Faolin's mate and the clan leader, yes? He was also pleased to hear that there were others his age, though, she had noted Andrezej as "different". Later perhaps, he might have a different outlook on what exactly "different" meant, but for now, he merely wondered why he ought to watch out for the male, and decided that he would find out himself in time. All in all, he was rather content for the moment, pondering the things he had been told thus far, and the focus on his father was lifted for the moment. While Faolin was hoping that with Jesile here, Segodi would have another reason to return, Jesile was considering the exact same thing. If Dad had other family here, maybe he would come back all on his own. Then, if his mother, Sipho and Tshepiso came, he would be able to live among his family without any worries of how they were doing or how they would possibly be together again. It was a nice thought.

“Yes, please,” he agreed with an even bigger smile. He had now become anxious to meet her own half of the family. To him, it just seemed to grow by the moment, because family in his eyes was not limited to blood connections. He was also excited to begin exploring and with a tour from Faolin who likely knew the land so well, it would be a jump-start. At the mention of a house and the possibility of choosing a room for his own after being on his own and frantically searching for shelter when the bad weather began, he was elated that much more. Here, he would be safe, and if Segodi did not show up, he would be able to set out to look for him again when he had adequate skills to track and navigate, with the reassurance that he had a home here to return to.
[/html]
In order to move this along, say that Gabriel howled back and basically told Faolin to do what she wanted. You guys can continue, and I'll get you titled shortly. Big Grin

[html]
Welcome to Bleeding Souls!

Hey, welcome to Bleeding Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:

___1. Make your first IC post within five days.

___2. Update the postlog at the very bottom of your profile according to the threads you're in.

You can also start saving up Word of the Day points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]