give me some placebos, I want to feel good
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leboat.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

ooc -

All welcome. ^^

WotD:

"ebullient" - high-spirited

June 20th, 2009

ic -

The man had only been in the pack for two days, but he was already beginning to wonder who there was around here. Vigilante knew that there was a kind with an eye for flair, and there was a very angry small female. The rest of the pack was just a vague idea to him, a group of misfits it seemed, judging by the description Jacquez had originally given about beggars and cripples. He stood, stretching his arms above his head as he stared at the horizon and the dropping sun. There would still be maybe an hour of daylight, though it was fading rapidly. His second day (second full day, that is) was coming to an end, and he still had yet to meet anyone else. The pack was small, he could only assume from the lingering scents, but surely he should have been able to meet someone else by now. Despite this, he was feeling rather ebullient, and he was determined that today would be the day that he met someone new.

His hands fell to his side, brushing the muscles beneath the fur of his unclad legs. Occasionally, he opted to wear clothing, but it was not something he chose to do frequently. Vigilante preferred the feeling of being completely free in this form. Standing tall, he felt as if he could see forever, and his body was toned to the point that he felt as if he could run forever if he chose, to be completely and utterly free. Jacquez had been shifted when they had met, and it had left the malamute-mix wondering if everyone in the pack stayed shifted, or if it had just been a coincidence that he had been greeted by someone shifted when he, himself, had not been shifted. And to think that he had been afraid that he would be greeted by someone who didn't shift, so if he had been shifted, it would have been awkward.

[/html]
[html]

The hybrid walked around the border area of Cour des Miracles. He padded along happily, as he enjoyed being in a new pack that he liked. The king, Jacquez Trouillefou, seemed like a nice guy. He had the properties of being king, or leader of this pack. Talon would be honoured to join under him and do what he can to help the pack's growth. The hybrid was determned to lend a hand in it. Hopefully, he could meet some of the other pack members that were scattered around the place. Though scattered, they would eventually be found. From what the golden hybrid knows, no matter where you hide, you'll be found, eventually.

He, as always, carried his bow and quiver. It was habit to take it anywhere he goes, since that all he did before he joined Cour des Miracles. Come to think of it, why was it called Cour des Miracles? It was an odd, but good name to call a pack, but what did it mean? He knew it was French, but he wasn't a French understanding hybrid. Maybe next time he sees Jacquez, he would have to ask him about it. Maybe it meant a place where a miracles can happen or something similar that had something to do with Miracles.

He then came upon the scent of another. It had Cour des Miracles on it. Another member maybe? Had to be. It was faint, but easily noticeable. He wondered off his path to find another wolf there. A dog mix looking. It wasn't like a normal wolf he saw. It wasn't a bother. This would be an oppurtune time to interact with another packmember. Approaching the other canine, he gave a smile. "Hello there."

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leboat.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

ooc -

Hi there. =D

ic -

He was standing without reason, but it was nice to know that he existed within the pack as an important (he liked to think so, and hoped he eventually would be) part of the pack. The voice that appeared out of nowehere belonged to a man with a bow and quiver, which seemed like a strange thing to carry around, but then, what did he know? Vigilante carried a dagger usually, although he had left it in the small house he had found near the edges of the pack lands. The scent there had been light, and it seemed unclaimed, so he had tucked his few belongings into the house for storing. He would have to explore the pack lands further, but as long as no one lived in the tiny, broken, run-down house, then he thought it might be a pleasant place to live by himself. Perhaps he could fix it up a bit, even.

"Hello," he replied, offering the male a smile. Behind him, his curled tail wagged in the way a dog's tail always wags when he is feeling friendly; it was a natural response from his body. "I'm Vigilante Haskel, and I just joined the pack two days ago. Have you been here long, sir. . . ?" He left the question open as a way of asking who the stranger was, as always asking "And who are you?" tended to grow tedious. The former vigilante had heard those words far too many times, often being asked by his victims before her made them suffer for whatever they had done to deserve suffering. Vigilante did not want to ask the same question to someone he hoped could be a friend, or at least an acquaintance within the growing pack.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: So, so sorry for the wait. I forgot.

Talon seemed pleased when he received a warm and good welcome. He was hoping that this wolf was somewhat of a friendly one. He would be having a hard time if it wasn't a good one. He it was good to meet new members that are friendly instead of those that spend all day ripping and hurting other wolves. He always wondered why some wolves are sometimes murderous while others are good and friendly. Maybe it's what makes the world unique in every way. "Nice to meet ya, Vigilante. I'm Talon. Talon "Eagle Eye" Gallu, but you can call me Talon or "Eagle Eye", either way."

Talon listened politely as the other male said how long he's been in the pack and asked Talon how long. It was only recent actually, some couple of days. Jaquez was such a friendly wolf to accept Talon. The Gallu male knew that his skills and abilities would be useful when it comes to needing them. "I'm only a couple days as well. Was it Jaquez that accepted you?"

[/html]
[html]

ooc -

It's cool. Sorry for the wait from me, now. XD

ic -

The dog man smiled in response, happy enough that Talon was friendly, with quite a bit to say about his name, it seemed. "It's nice to meet you, too, Talon." Vigilante chose to use the man's name, rather than his nickname, purely because of the length of time they had known each other, which was very close to no time at all, indeed. Things such as nicknames were not used freely for him, as he felt he needed to know someone first, before using it, however, he had no problem with giving his nickname instead of his real name, on occasion. There were times when he just didn't want someone to know his name, as the word itself raised questions. Then, he chose to use Vigi, instead.

He nodded his agreement. "Jacquez accepted me, although there was someone else there, for only a moment. . . A little scarred female. Do you know who she is? She did not give her name, and our king did not say anything further after she had left." Vigilante was still curious as to who the female was; it had been rather impolite to arrive and leave without introducing herself, but it seemed as though she had been upset or angry. He cocked his head at the wolfish man, hoping that Talon could enlighten him as to who the firey woman had been. "How are you liking it here so far?" He didn't know what he thought of it, but it seemed nice enough. It was very different from the pack he had been raised in, that was for sure. As for whether he really liked it, well, he would need to wait and see.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry again.

Talon considered if he should call this male by his first name in full, or just the first four letters. Vigi, short for Vigilante? The male Haskel seemed to not mind being called Vigi for short. If that was the case, then Talon can call him that. It suited the male anyway. "Doesn't matter about the name, just call me Talon." The hybrid Gallu wasn't really much of making nicknames,or short names. He preferred to be either called by his First name in full or just his nickname. Either was the same to Talon.

Talon gave a small smile as Vigi mentioned Jaquez, but about a scarred female was new to the hybrid. He hasn't met any female here in Cour des Miracles who, so far, didn't fit the male Haskel's description. "Sorry, don't know anyone like that." Maybe in time, they'll meet her, who ever she is. "Oh, it's going good so far. What about you?" Talon found this place because it semed quiet, not to mention it had Medieval nobility ranks. What did the Haskel find about this place that was interesting to him?

[/html]
[html]

ooc -

Sorry. . . Again. ^^; Back from vacation now, though. :3

ic -

He considered it, for a moment, and decided that he would call the man Talon. After all, that's what he had said was a good name for him. "Alright," he said, keeping his tone simple. There were times when he could be very prolix, and at other times, he kept his words short for lack of something to say. In this case, there didn't seem to be much to say in response, aside from agreeing to the suggestion. He wouldn't have known what other name to call him by, anyway, so Talon worked out well as a suggestion.

"It's been kind of boring since I joined, truth be told, but I did only just join," he answered, considering the past few days. He hadn't met anyone other than Jacquez, the nameless girl with the scars, and now Talon. "I suppose I haven't quite given it a fair chance yet, though," he added. "It's better than it was before I joined, though." That was the truth. He hadn't enjoyed being a loner all that much, because he was one of those that required knowledge of others around him. It didn't matter if they were close to him, but he needed to know he wasn't completely alone.

[/html]
Talon gave a little laugh. It was difficult whether to call the hybrid Talon, or "Eagle Eye". However, some chose to call him Talon because it was much easier that way. The hybrid didn't mind that, as long he was called by one of his names that he familiar with. He was hoping now that himself and tis male, Vigi, would be good friends because Talon only as neutral relationships with people he just met, apart from the king. "I'll just call ya Vigi. It's sounds easier that way."

Talon stood idle as he politely listened to the male about his time in the pack so far. Though that Vigi wasn't having much fun so far, he was going ok. Talon could say the same. "Same, but I'm always looking for things to do."
[html]

ooc -

I'm going to end this here, with a really short, crappy post. I apologize but this thread is so old. Maybe some time we can have a new one? You can reply, or just ask it to be archived like this, whatever you want.

ic -

Glancing around him, Vigilante realized he was quickly becoming uncomfortable with the awkward meeting he was enduring. This was not something he was particularly used to having to deal with. . . This thing called being social. While Talon did not seem too affected by the short conversation, Vigilante was itching to leave, although he kept himself poised, his urge to wander kept hidden. He did not want to be rude to a fellow pack mate, but all he wanted to do was be alone now.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, but I think I'm going to look around a little, and perhaps find somewhere to take a nap. I'm sure I will be seeing you around, but for now, I'm going to get going." He gave a small smile, friendly and polite, before turning with a small wave. The mixed man did not know what he was actually going to do with his time alone, but it would certainly be less stressful than making small talk with the first person to have come across him.

[/html]