Aftermath
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... /raven.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; border:1px solid black;">
Back-dated to the 20th? Word Count: 395

The horse could not stay still, and it seemed to the male as if a projection of his own unease. Still every joint in his body ached, and he should not really be standing where he was standing. Duty called, however. Such a casual sentence to describe what he was doing, something which wasn't casual at all. His gaze was kept straight ahead, refusing to recognize what was behind him, in a crude woven bag across the horse's back. He had retrieved the bag's contents after a nauseating trip through Halifax, every step reliving the event which seemed hazy and blurred in his mind. Though the city looked better in sunlight, the room in which they had fought did not, and he had thrown up several times at the sight which met him. The taste was sore in his throat, and his back and chest still stung, but he paid no more attention to the pains than what was needed. He'd spent hours in the river later the same day, feeling the water rush by him and wanting it to cleanse him, although there was no such possible thing as that. Fresh herbs applied to the wounds and numerous scratches after the long bath hadn't made the matters better in terms of pain, although he knew it was good for the healing process. The pain would be endured, and there would be no drinking of teas or mixtures to ease him along the process. He would not allow himself ease.

Opening his mouth only the slightest, the male let out a howl, demanding the attention of someone in charge. Thinking back, he remembered the personality of Jefferson, the one-eyed scarred patriarch which had greeted him last time. He seemed sensible enough not to question the events which had preceded this one too much, and if whoever greeted him did question him, they would find he did not want to speak. Gvihita, however, did, but that was another matter. The great bird sat, now, in a tree close by - the male had stopped right outside the borders, and was awaiting someone to address him, still sitting on the horse. Blank-faced, he waited there, and when this matter had been settled, he would travel to find Cwmfen. Then, if he still had strength, he would return home and sleep again. If he could sleep, that is.

[/html]
DaVinci had been sitting on the hill overlooking the small graveyard that had been started when the pack began. So many lives already resided in the small valley and it was heartbreaking to know that he could have saved one of them atleast. His eyes had been closed when the call had reached his ears and the male lifted his head slowly, wondering just who was calling for business at this hour. He sighed and with one final look turned away from the graveyard and went to search out the visitor on the borders.

The trip wasn't long but DaVinci was in little mood to socialize either and he hoped the conversation would go quickly and he could get back to brooding and wishing the world would just disappear. When he reached the male sitting on horseback as he leaned against one of the trees along the side of the trail. "Yes?" he asked as he stared up at the male. He smelled of the new tribe that had settled down in the winter but he wasn't for certain who the fellow was. He hadn't been present between Jefferson's and Iskata's exchange with the leader.
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... /raven.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; border:1px solid black;">
Word Count: 308

Some time passed, and eventually he could see the person approaching - whoever it was - as he came closer, another male. Was it someone in leadership? Dawali didn't know. He didn't want to bring this message to a member of the pack, he wanted leadership in particular. His face changed for a second as he remembered what he was there for, and then he jumped off his horse, standing beside it. My name is Dawali Amara, I lead the tribe of luperci further to the southwest. He paused, gaze flickering to the bag on the back of his horse. Gvihita cooed gently, for only his ears to hear, and otherwise sat there as a normal trained bird would - an illusion. It was as if she had changed the past month, but he knew she had not, even if her choices had. Now, the eagle was visible to everyone, but behaved also simply as an eagle. At least for the time being. He supposed it was some form of punishment. I came here some moons ago, and met with a patriarch named Jefferson. We pledged an alliance, to aid each other's groups should one need it. Again he paused, because he would in reality talk as little as possible, did not want to give the news. I trust that you, too, are part of the leadership of this pack? First he would make sure this was someone he could trust - not because he was suspicious but because this delivery should not reach the wrong hands or ears. Then, when this person had given his name, he could tell the story. But he wished it was Jefferson that stood in front of him, because he would not have needed to tell the story, then, and every time he repeated it the words grew more and more painful.

[/html]
DaVinci knew that he was in no shape to act like a leader but it seemed that it was what he had to do now. His eyes passed over to the bag that sat in a lump before his eyes turned back to Dawali. He frowned slightly as the other spoke of Jefferson and the leadership of the pack. DaVinci shifted his weight slightly as he watched the other quietly before finally answering him. "My mother was the founder of this pack.. I assist Jefferson in leading yes." His voice was gruff as he asked. "but what can I do to help you.." Normally he would have been a bit more helpful but his life had not been the nicest to him as of lately.

He let his eyes trail over the tribemember, not actually caring for once of the strange appearance of the male as he waited for a reply. His temper was short lately and his heart heavy. He really wished he had left these wishes to the leader but as late as he'd appeared if Jefferson hadn't already been there he probably would have never shown up. DaVinci had no clue what sort of engagements Jefferson kept and he didn't think he wanted to really learn anytime soon, it just wasn't in the steele hued male to care right now.