Can't keep my hands to myself.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... rtable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Lysander enters at the border between Arachnea’s Revenge and Halifax.

He knew he could get into trouble, that he was traipsing into enemy ground just now, but that didn’t stop him. Morning was just barely breaking but Lysander had been up for hours, stealing out of his cabin as soon as he had wakened and moving with a purpose. Too much time had passed since he had seen Conor and Emwe. Was big Oliver and little Jake okay? If Alexey saw him here, or one of the leaders, or the children’s real parents, there might be trouble. Might be. No one had come to him, said anything, and too much time had passed. No one in Phoenix Valley had scolded him, and no one from Dahlia de Mai had come knocking at his door either. Off the hook perhaps, and Lysander went under that assumption as he walked over the invisible border and let himself in.

Trees, trees and more trees. That was about all there was that Lysander could see. The big husky brute had no idea how to navigate the packlands, but he guessed it must be large. Conor and Emwe had talked about a human town, two of them in fact, that the packlands encompassed and that they lived there. Despite being in Dahlia de Mai territory, Lysander saw no town and certainly no sign of the boys. In his lupus form he did not grow tired so easily moving about, and so he decided, he had all day to figure out where his boys lived and to try to see them, or to seize what other adventures Dahlia de Mai had in store for him. He continued on, passing more trees, it seemed an endless forest that he had entered.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #258BA4 solid; font-size: 10px;">

ooc -

318 words.

ic -

The scent was foreign to her, reeking of another pack’s member traipsing right on into Dahlia’s territory. Princess had never been assigned to border duty, nor was she actually built to do so. All the same, she felt it was her place to go and say something to the nasty intruder. Who would be stupid enough to enter Dahlia de Mai’s territory without permission? Obviously, because this male did not smell of any of Dahlia’s members, he did not have permission. In her lupus form, she was small, but her short legs were capable of carrying her swiftly to the area that the stranger’s scent was coming from. Princess had been this way before, when she had escaped the pack lands to visit the strange place with the tall things, Halifax, and then once again, when she had run there to find the dress she had seen the first time. It was plausible that the strange male had entered from Halifax.

As she came closer at her brisk speed, Princess glared at the strangely colored male. He did have an interesting pattern in his fur, and for a moment, Princess just looked curiously. She had never seen someone who looked like that before. The forgotten anger was found quickly, and she looked at him irritably. “Hey, you! What do you think you’re doing here?” Princess barked, standing a few feet away from the male. Her goal was to stop the male from coming any further into the pack’s lands, although judging from his size compared to hers (an overwhelming difference), it was unlikely to happen if he was determined to enter the lands. Her mixed eyes settled on the male with a glare, as she had decided on an attempted look of loathing. He would surely know that she meant serious business when he saw the way she was looking at him; Princess was absolutely certain of that.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... rtable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

To come across someone, he had expected that eventually, for Dahlia de Mai’s pack lands were vast and to have so much land there had to be enough wolves to maintain them all. Protect them all. Yet he hadn’t thought the protector would be the little girl he came across then, barely an adult. Perhaps not even a full year yet. Still, despite the fact he could have easily brushed past her with his sheer size, he halted, as the voice has requested and for a long time he just stood, staring at the girl. He had seen her eyes, curious, wander over him before she remembered the task at hand and it had amused him, as it always did. His breed in these lands was an oddity, a minority, but it pleased him to be so. Shocking and confusing people were two of his favorite things, his appearance helped him to do both sometimes.

Steel eyes regarded her a moment longer and then slowly he broke into a grin. She was young enough that some might still consider her a child, he liked children, and also she was a girl, those were also something he was fond of. And she had spirit, thinking that a little thing such as herself could stop such a bulky brute like him. “Well now, little miss, are you the welcome wagon? Come to show me around town, huh?” Ignoring her question was the best option, he didn’t really want anyone to know what he was doing here, least word got back to the pack leaders that he had come looking for the boys. He also chose to ignore the menacing look she gave him, and he flaunted a friendly and goofy grin for her, he meant no harm. Really.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #258BA4 solid; font-size: 10px;">

ooc -

320 words.

ic -

Indignation flared up over the girl’s small face, and she glared at the male as hard as she could - which, honestly, wasn’t very menacing. “I am not a little miss! I am a big miss!” Princess was almost an adult. She wasn’t just some little kid, like she had been when she had come to Dahlia. Her body had grown, obviously, although she didn’t know how much more it was going to grow. It was entirely possible she might just stay petite for the rest of her life, since at eight months, almost nine months, her body was roughly the size of a six-month-old pup. Her features had matured, so she couldn’t easily be mistaken for being that much younger than she was, despite her small stature. Her voice had grown, and she had still not matured much, manner-wise. Regardless, she could hardly be considered a “little miss,” she thought. It wasn’t as if she was just a little pup, like Catalyst.

“I said, what are you doing here?” Her tone was sharper, exaggerated and annoyed. “You’re obviously trespassing, since you don’t smell like a Dahlia de Mai member. That means you have to answer my question!” The words had started out in an even tone, but the last part had come out as a shriek. In these parts, lands owned by the leaders of Dahlia de Mai, she outranked him, no matter what his rank was, wherever he was from. She couldn’t help but feel gleeful about this fact, because she liked to feel important. By outranking him, she was very important, wasn’t she? Advancing on the male until she was only a few inches in front of him, she once more steadied her legs underneath her body squarely. He would surely be afraid of her, now that he knew that she meant business. Whoever he was, he was going to be sorry for trespassing into Dahlia’s lands.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry this took so long, >.<

Lysander stared down at the girl, who tried her hardest to be threatening, and while all he wanted to do was smile and laugh at the small creature, he tucked his tail between his legs and laid his ears back rather sheepishly. Of course, it was all for her benefit, not his. He did not care what the Dahlians thought of him, he didn’t care if she called for help, but the young girl tried so hard to be adult, he couldn’t help but comply. Inside he was all giggles and good times, but outwardly he gave the appearance of submission to the tiny female before him. Lysander hoped it boosted her ego. “Of course, of course, I apologize miss. I’m…” He stared down at her, resisting the urge to smile, “only looking around. Really. No harm done.” His voice was gentle and warm, lulling. Despite his other gestures at submission he let his eyes make contact with her own, they were a goldy-blue.

Slowly he let his tail unfurl and wave behind him, his ears perked forward again. Standing on two legs it felt strange to engage in the body language of the lupus, at least for him. Sometimes he felt that the luperci were becoming too far removed from their roots, more human than canine. More and more their lives were becoming less about survival of the fittest and more political, more personal. Less wild and more domestic. Their were those who even went so far as to enslave other animals for their own means. When he stood on four legs he felt as if he could reject that all, return to his wild roots. Yet standing on two legs, he did feel more civilized, more justified in shaking hands than sniffing noses. Slowly he straightened himself out and peered down at the girl, his face still apologetic. “Would it really be so much trouble to let me have a look around? You can accompany me, make sure I don’t do anything…” It sounds like a fair proposal to him.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #0069B3 solid; font-size: 10px;">

ooc -

Now it's my turn to apologize. XD; But I'm back from my short break and vacation, so woo~ 378 words.

ic -

Swishing her tail smugly, the small girl looked up at the male, who was so obviously afraid of her. That was a very good thing; it meant that he was taking her seriously, like he should be, since she was more important than him, in this situation. Even if he was highly ranked in another pack, she outranked him completely here in Dahlia lands, so Princess was glad that he understood the severity of the situation, since he had trespassed and she had been the one to find him first. If he had tried to run, or smack her around a bit, she would have easily lost, and there was no way she could honestly think she could really beat him up if it came to that, but she had absolutely no problem with letting him think she could take him. It was all in the way you hold herself, she knew, and she usually held herself just a bit too big for her britches. Regardless, she still wrinkled her nose at the male, knowing that she wasn‘t supposed to let him look around for whatever he was looking for.

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea, because you’re not supposed to be here, and it so wouldn’t be worth getting into trouble just to let you look around, so I’m not going to accompany you in looking any, either,” she said, hoping that he would get the hint that he wouldn’t be allowed to look around and that it might just be best for him to scoot his little butt out of Dahlia lands. However, knowing this and trying to very hard to enforce the rules that she was probably making up as she went, Princess found herself growing curious about the male’s intentions. No one could really be dumb enough to just be looking around in the lands of another pack, so she could only assume he was looking for something in particular. “What are you looking for, anyway? Maybe I can help,” she amended, doubting her abilities to help even as she offered. She didn’t know many others in the pack, and didn’t know much about the pack itself, but she did so want to know what the strange trespassing male was looking for.

[/html]
[html]

Again he was rejected by the small female and Lysander’s face fell in disappointment. In truth he knew he could turn back the way he came, move a few miles up the borders and enter without trouble at another point, but what would be the fun in that? He was here now and he wouldn’t mind a bit of company, he was sure that there wasn’t too much plunder he wanted to loot from Dahlia de Mai anyway. And if there was, well he could always consider this a scouting mission, find out what was worth taking and come back to grab it. He hadn’t taken anything from Aniwaya, but the idea had crossed his mind and more and more stealing from the others packs seemed tempting. That hadn’t been his goal when he arrived here, but it might become so if the tiny border patrol before him forced him into exploring all on his lonesome, especially if he did not find Emwe or Conor.

Lysander did not smile when she relented, growing curious as to his purpose. Perhaps he shouldn’t say so, but she was young and probably not too informed on the politics of the pack. Or had Dahlia de Mai warned their members of him and his puppy stealing ways? In the end he settled for a half truth. “I’m looking for Conor and Emwe, my name is Leland and I’m good friends with their mother and uncle. Somewhat of a godfather if you will.” His voice softened, as was his opinion all women were soft, bleeding hearts. Hopefully she would take pity on him and his story. “I’d just like to know they are okay… I haven’t heard news of them in a while. You know those two?” He smiled at her, his tail behind him wagged appeasing, which he always thought looked funny in his luperci form but his doggish manners never completely disappeared.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #0069B3 solid; font-size: 10px;">

308 words.

The drama behind Conor and Emwe and their parents was unknown to Princess, but she was not as happy for them as one might expect from a puppy. So they got parents, and a godfather? Well, weren't they lucky; she barely even had one parent, let alone two and someone else that cared about her. She didn't even have her own brother anymore! Jealousy flared behind her eyes as she considered what she was supposed to tell this man, since she did not know either puppy, or their parents. All she knew of Conor and Emwe was what she had heard from others in the pack, and that was namely that there were puppies in the pack named Conor and Emwe, along with the other puppies that Alexey had mentioned.

What other information she knew about Conor, Princess had learned from Catalyst, and the knowledge was not good information. In fact, according to her little puppy friend, Conor was down right mean and awful. "I don't know them. All I know is that Conor was really mean to my friend Cat. and if you're so close to them, how come you're sneaking around?" Princess was not normally perceptive, but she was very stubborn. The fact that he claimed to be close to them but was sneaking into the pack lands (in her untrained eyes) was very, very strange, and the intrusion was most certainly not welcomed by the young girl. Of course, she held no authority in the pack, but since she had already told him he was not allowed to enter. . . She was not about to go back on her word and let him into the pack lands. Stupid male who wouldn't take no for an answer! It was very obvious that she meant business, and she really didn't care if he liked her now or not.

[/html]
[html]

“Who said I was sneaking?” Lysander perhaps hadn’t gone out of his way to announce his arrival, as was proper pack procedures, but he wasn’t sneaking. He wasn’t tiptoeing about, looking to the left and right to make sure he was unnoticed. Quite casually, as if he belonged there or at least wasn’t unwelcome, he had strolled in. It only happened that Princess had intercepted him and she assumed he was sneaking because he wasn’t allowed. Most unwelcome guest would be sneaking, but no, Lysander was just obnoxiously wandering where he didn’t belong. “I certainly wasn’t sneaking, not like you anyway. Coming up upon visitors unexpected, interrogating them. Not a very warm welcome I must say.” He clicked his tongue and wagged his finger at the girl, playfully. Testing the waters again. She seemed to have relented a little, still he would defer to her. If only because she was young and it was probably true that few adults deferred to her.

Lysander scratched his chin thoughtfully, Conor was alive and well, teasing little girls just as little boys ought to do. Internally Lysander was proud of the kid, externally he shook his head. “That’s not my Conor. He’d never be mean to a girl, we raised him better than that. You think there are two Conors running around here?”His tone was serious as he peered at the girl, tilting his head quizzically. “Help me find him and we can give him a stern talking to, you and me. He can’t treat Cat like that, no sir. Err, no m’am.” Yeah, they’d give him a through thrashing, if only the girl would let him go a little further into the pack lands.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #0069B3 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height:12px;">

300+ words.

######And it seemed that they were back to square one, because she certainly was not happy with him again. Obviously, he had been sneaking around, and anyway, that meant that he did not deserve a "warm welcome." She would give a warm welcome to those who waited at the borders if they wanted something, not those who just waltzed in like they owned the place. He was a dirty old trespasser, plain and simple, and did not deserve to tell her off like he seemed to be trying to do. No longer was she feeling like she should help him, since he had obviously just annoyed her again. "You'll only get a warm welcome when you follow the rules and wait at the borders if you want something and stuff," she said through tight lips, trying to sound firm and important once more.

######It was not likely that there were two Conors running around, as far as she could tell. It was a very rare occurance to meet two people with the same name, it seemed. There were so many names in the world, it was practically impossible. But she did not want to give Conor a stern talking to at all; what she wanted was to find something to do that was more worth her time than standing here, making small talk with a trespassing silly face like the one standing in front of her. This man obviously wasn't worth her time. Thinking back to it. . . The girl really was not sure of his name. How rude was that? He had trespassed and tried to get past her, and she didn't even know his name. "What's your name, anyway? It's not very nice to trespass and not even tell the one who finds you first. Unless you're scared," she added, hoping he would willingly tell her just to prove he wasn't afraid of a pup.

[/html]
[html]

We can wrapped this up whenever, you probably want to get all your Princess threads in DdM over with.

Lysander sighed as the girl turned cold on him again. His ears dropped and his tail fell flat, regret showing on his face. “I mean no harm, really.” His voice was still gentle and lulling, the voice of a truth teller, though he was by no means a honest man. At least he knew how to play the part well. “I’ll do whatever you ask, you want me to leave, just say so, I’ll go. Okay?” The husky mix smiled again at the girl, trying to be patient, but the game was losing it’s charm. Before he was ready to just leave and come in another way, skirting the tiny border patrol but now he was losing interest. Even Conor and Emwe weren’t worth this.

“I told you already, my name’s Leland.” And he had, said that, though of course it wasn’t his given name. Yet if anyone asked around… Leland? You mean that weird husky? He almost fit the description, and he had used the name of his brother before. It was a good alias he thought. “But you never gave me yours.” His voice was still soft and warm, but it held a note. Maybe she was the one being difficult and contrary, yes that was it. How would her leaders like to know how she treated guests at the borders, huh? Lysander smirked then, his steel eyes sizing her up, unsure if he was going to turn around or just push on through her or give the little lady a piece of his mind. So many options and he never knew just what he would do until it was half way done.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #0069B3 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height:12px;">

300+ words. Sounds good to me. <3 Whenever you want.

#####Evidently, she had missed it the first time he had given his name, but she chose not to make that obvious. Huffing in all of her young girl might, Princess glared up at him. "I just wanted to make sure it really was your name," she lied effortlessly, playing it off as if he had somehow passed a test, but that it would not matter in the slightest. In truth, she had forgotten that he had given her his name. Leland was a very strange name, she decided, just as this man was very strange. What she wanted was for him to just go away now, because she was growing very bored with the situation, and all she wanted was to go. . . Somewhere else. It didn't matter where she went, or what she did, but she was really bored and annoyed by this strange guy. Her mother wouldn't be proud of her if she didn't manage to chase this Leland guy away, she guessed, and that had become her goal.

#####"Since you asked so rudely," she announced, saying the words very precisely with narrowed eyes, "I'm going to tell you anyway, because I am better than that. I'm Princess Chance, and yeah, I think you should be leaving," she added, hoping he would do so without a fight. Thus far, he had succeeded in taking down her guard long enough to get her talking, but she refused to let him past her and into the pack lands. If Conor and Emwe and their family wanted to see Leland, they could have arranged a time to see him or meet him at the borders, and this whole thing could have easily been avoided. Jealousy was still flaring up within her at Conor and Emwe's apparent relation to someone else, too. They had family members and a godfather, and she couldn't say it didn't bother her that she didn't have those things. Most of all, they had each other, those lucky little twits.

[/html]
[html]

ooc-ness

Lysander scoffed at the girl, her own attempts to be snide. In time surely she would perfect the art of rude boarder patrol, which was a common method in trying to wean out the weaklings that came to one’s pack. For now though, she was too soft, too young. Life would, hopefully (Lysander hoped at least), beat that out of her. Normally pups were his favorite, but this one wasn’t exactly a child. She was too grown up, but not grown up enough to be an object desire yet. Basically he had no use for the girl not yet adult but not really child either. Once she had been hardened and brutalized by the injustices of life, perhaps he would give her another call.

“Oh fine, fine. I get the hint. I’m leaving.” Lysander smiled gingerly at the girl before he turned tail, his heavy paws carrying him quickly away. Judging by the daylight, he had spent more time with her than he had intended and though he still hadn’t found Conor or Emwe he would have to put off his search for another day, the joy had been sucked from his adventure. Waiting at home for him was a nice full bottle of brandy, which after being promptly consumed a nap would take place. Far more entertaining than anything Dahlia de Mai had to offer him.

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

#####Lifting her nose to the air, Princess huffed a noise of impatience as she watched him leave, glad that he had been so compliant after his initial attempts at trying to get around her completely amazing post near Dahlia's borders. It was doubtful that anything she had said or done would deter him from returning later, if he was so intent on finding the two boys, but she was proud that she had made him leave this time, at least. She felt accomplished, since she was so young and he wasn't quite young, and still, he had left when she had told him to. His appearance within the lands had given her something to do for the time being, so she was a little glad that he had been so stupid as to trespass into the pack's territory, but now that he was gone, she didn't know what she was supposed to do with herself.

#####"Good! And don't let me catch you here again!" she called after him for good measure, though she did not think he would be able to hear her, regardless. It was always good to be threatening and mean and scary and loud after the other individual involved was far enough away, because then, you always got the last word in, and at no risk to your health. Princess liked to have the last word, and likely would have chased after this Leland fellow if he had tried to give her any sass in response to her, well, sass. That was why she was so glad that she had waited until after his retreating form had grown smaller to yell after him, and she did hope that he had heard her. . . She just didn't hope for that enough to try and follow him to make sure. Now, all she needed to do was find something useful to do with her time. There had to be something interesting and potentially useful she could do.

[/html]