the world is a vampire
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leboat.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

ooc -

Private for Ade. :3 I hope the little town of Berwick is close enough to DdM for her? I left the form up to you, so you can decide on whether he is in lupus form or optime form, depending on what she prefers.

ic -

The orchard that he stood in no longer bore the beautiful fruits it once did, having been overrun by other plants and weeds over the years, but Vigilante could almost imagine how it would look and smell. He walked between the trees, dodging the dragging limbs like the fingers of death. Some had grown thorns, and others had become ridden with bugs; neither thing was particularly pleasing to the malamute-shepherd mix. He was, admittedly, a little rough around the edges, and by far was he not dainty, but he still did not enjoy certain things. Painful plants and squirming bugs were among the things he preferred to avoid completely.

His thoughts travelled to the fiery little female he'd sort-of met the first day he had arrived in the territory he now called home. She had left before introducing herself, and he and Jacquez had then parted ways. There was something about her that made him wonder more. He supposed it would probably be because of her appearance and attitude, and that made the most sense. Vigilante had been trained to study others, and while he no longer used those skills for hunting them, he couldn't shake the observation habits. The man hoped to find her again soon; perhaps they could get to know each other. His muddy eyes blinked against the shrouded sun as he decided that he might seek her out soon enough. Vigilante would have liked to, at least, know the little spitfire's name.

Once more, Vigilante brought his face closer to the tree he was standing near. His nose was twitching as he inhaled deeply, taking in the sour - and yet strangely sweet - scent of old fruit. What kind of fruit would have hung here, when it was tended to? Surely the tree could still produce fruit; it just needed to be taken care of properly. He considered his own hands in their shifted form. He had the delicate touch that had been required to switfly end lives. Perhaps he could use those deft hands to create life, rather than end it.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... lecopy.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Yeah, the majority of Berwick is actually in DdM lands XD. Lupus is generally better for Ade too. Sorry it took me so long!!! You can tar and feather me.

A strange sort of peace had come over Adelaida. It hadn’t occurred from any revelation or overcoming of her hardships as it ought of, but rather it was as if all the bad luck had run out. For too long she had been the universe’s punching bag, confronted with everything she feared and hated. Not just confronted, but submerged into a world in which she had never belonged. For so long she had fought and struggled with it, fought and struggled against it, she was exhausted. Mentally, physically, spiritually, exhausted. Beat, wiped out, burnt out, spent, empty, exhausted. Even if her bad luck hadn’t run out, Adelaida didn’t have it in her to fight anymore. Instead, for once, the chocolate and mocha female was just letting life happen.

Freely, for the first time since coming to Dahlia de Mai, she moved through their pack lands, her pack lands. Unafraid of her own pack mates. They couldn’t touch her, she knew that now. Even if she never saw eye to eye with them, she belonged there. Her travels took her all over Whisper Beach, through Wolfville, through Berwick and out the other end of the pack, to where some of the orchards just outside of their claim were. It was here that she had another first: her first meeting with a stranger where she felt one hundred percent confident. He was male even, but she did not hesitate, and maybe (though he showed it not now) he was a Luperci. For once, and Adelaida couldn’t explain it, this did not phased her.

On four legs, though she knew now she could shift and it wouldn’t irreversibly damage her, body or spirit, she strode up to him. Her pelt smelt heavily of Dahlia de Mai for she actually had stayed in her own pack for the past days, slept there even. When she spoke to him it was as if her voice wasn’t even her own. It did not shake or shudder, and Adelaida realized what a pretty voice she actually did have. "What are you doing?" Her up-front approach surprised her, but for once she didn’t immediate revert to her timid self. Adelaida smiled at the canine, or perhaps smiled to herself, and she wondered just how long this freedom from herself would last.
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leboat.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

ooc -

No worries! I hadn't realized you were out of town. XD Sorry for pestering you with that PM. ^^; And lupus it is!

ic -

The voice startled him, but he couldn't help but grin at her when he saw her, taking in the color of her fur and the general happiness that seemed to surround her. She was very pretty, with an interesting fur pattern; it was one he had never seen before, such a rich mixture of browns. Usually, brown wolves had creams, tans, whites, and blacks mixed in as well, but her fur was a lovely and deep brown, the dog-mutt noted. Her face was darker than the fur around it, making it very distinct, and very likely memorable. Her eyes were vibrant, and she didn't appear to be angry with him for anything, so that was, indeed, a plus. He did have a small fear that he may be treading too closely to another pack's territory.

"Oh, I was just looking at the old trees," he answered, looking over at the plants once more. They had long since been unattended, and he did wonder if they could be reformed. "I was just wondering if these could be tamed, and used to grow fruit once more." If he had known more about plants and herbs of various kinds, he might have been able to know that these trees once had grown the vibrant and delicious red apples, but unfortunately, Vigilante was not well versed in plants. "What is such a pretty girl doing out here?" the malamute mix asked her, turning his attention to the female of chocolate shades that had joined him.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... lecopy.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

His answer was kind and pleasant and the smile on her face grew brighter. The male wasn’t a wolf, nor a coyote, and Adelaida knew that he was a sort of dog, though what type she didn’t know. Adelaida hadn’t the names for all the different breeds they called themselves, really in the end they were all the same species, same as a wolf, so what did it matter? The markings of dogs usually differed more than those found on their more wild brethren and this male was no exception. His face was covered in splotches of darker patches, designs that only came from dogs. It was nice to see someone a little different every once in a while.

"The trees?" Adelaida glanced up at them, thinking of the orchards that were just on the other side of the borders. "They could produce fruit again, we have some that do, though no one has ever taken a serious interest in it." Adelaida had seen the trees with their fruit, she knew that occasionally, when bored, some members of Dahlia tended to them, but with the large store of wine and fruit preserves no one seemed to care too much. Certainly Adelaida wouldn’t pick up the job, as it would require her to shift, something that though capable of she still wasn’t comfortable doing.

When asked what she was doing the masked female glanced behind her, and then back again. "You’re not far from Dahlia de Mai. I live there, with my brother and sister. I was just out for a walk." For once it was the truth, she didn’t have to stutter some half true excuse about what she was doing or why. No sneaking around, no spying, no trying to escape, just out for a walk. And already she knew what this male was doing, so she needn’t ask that. "My name’s Adelaida, what’s your’s?"
[/html]
[html]

Glancing up at the tangle of branches for the last time, he nodded slowly, taking in the information. Maybe he could do something useful with himself, either here or somewhere in the pack lands. Briefly he wondered if there were any old fruit-bearing trees in the pack lands, and if so, if anyone would mind terribly if he tended to them. It would be nice to have a goal, or something interesting to do with his time. Unfortunately, the mutt didn't have much to work for, and it did bother him now, though it hadn't upon first joining his new pack. He didn't want a job like his last, but it would have been lovely to have something to do with his time.

At her mentioning of a pack, his ears perked up as he glanced about curiously. Vigilante had not realized that he was close to a pack's territory, and he was glad she had come across him before he had wandered in unknowingly. He would have smelled it shortly after entering, but Vigilante couldn't be sure if he would have noticed the smell before crossing the borders, with how interested he was in his surroundings. "I hadn't realized that I had wandered so far away from Cour des Miracles," he mused, turning his attention back to the chocolate female. She did not seem at all aggressive about his being close to her pack's lands, though, so he wasn't worried about that.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Adelaida. And might I say, you have a very lovely name? It suits you; very unique, like the pretty coloring of your fur," he complimented, hoping she would not take it in a bad light. He was merely flirting, or trying to, as he had come to find that wolves were a little different than dogs in their nature. It was still like testing out new waters, being in this area, and he was curious to know how different the wolves varied between packs. "I'm Vigilante, but Vigi will do just fine, if you prefer it." There were those that were uncomfortable with his name, and they were generally the gentle ones. Adelaida seemed to be gentle in nature, so he thought she might prefer something less openly. . . Violent in meaning.

[/html]