It's a place I cannot go
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... iobhan.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Set at night time, hehe. Dated to June 22

She visited it in her dreams. Siobhan knew fully that she wouldn't be welcomed back in Inferni if she tried to return there, but she was allowed to cross the border into the lands when she was sleeping. Her mind took her back to the skulls on pikes, to the ocean that she had sat beside day after day after day. Back then she'd only had one thing on her mind and in her dreams, Haven, but now that she lived with him she didn't dream about him as much any more. Now she dreamed of Inferni.

Sometimes the dreams were alright, peaceful, but other times they weren't. Ezekiel had shouted at her to leave, to get out, had said horrible things to her. In the dream, his words helped to change the lands into a sort of place that sickened her to look at. At the start of the dream she would be inside the territory...but then everything would start to turn black and die. Did it mean something?

She was asleep, but her legs were moving without her. Eyes closed, the coyote wandered the house aimlessly, caught up in the dream that she was having. If she bumped into a wall she would turn around and head in the opposite direction like nothing had happened. She had knocked a few things over but still hadn't reacted, the sounds unable to awaken her.

[/html]
[html]

The young Aatte was soundly asleep in his bed. He laid on his back, sheets covering his lower half and his arms sprawled out in interesting angles. The hybrid too was dreaming, though his dream was much more pleasant than the one that was playing through his girlfriend's mind. Coppery wings sliced through the sky as his large scaled body soared around the clouds. It was like when he had pretended to be a dragon with Brooklyn, but the dreamworld was so much more vivid. He could almost feel the cool air rushing against his skin. The dragon design on his wrist began to get that burning itch that had been there when it was bleached into his fur.

But suddenly the bright sky and his leathery wings were gone, the illusion shattered by the sound of bumping and falling object outside his door. Haven sat straight up in his bed, his ears twitching at the noises. What was going on? Had someone come into their house and was messing around in the living area? He threw back the covers and opened his door, ready to throttle whatever stranger had dared to trespass, but instead he was met with the sight of Siobhan bumping around.

His head cocked to the side in confusion. What was she doing? She was moving around but her eyes were closed. That was...very strange. Was she alright? "Si? Are you okay?" his voice called to her softly.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... iobhan.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Inferni had seemed bleak compared to this place. So far, from what Haven had brought home and what she had observed herself, Cour des Miracles had a lot of animals in it that could be eaten for food. Her hunting skills were mediocre, but she had managed to get by before and she would do it again. She didn't want to rely on anyone for food any more. She did accept the occasional meal from her orange companion, however. She didn't know the terrain as well as he did, so her hunting was off to a rocky start.

The sound of things falling hadn't woken her up but his voice did, snapping her out of the dream-world. She had been in bed before...why was she out in the living room? She frowned, trying to figure this out, then cleared her throat to answer. "Siobhan is ok. Just...confused." How had she gotten all the way out here? "This has happened before, her walking in her sleep. She almost walked into the ocean once. Eh...She is sorry for waking you, Haven"

[/html]
[html]

He didn't want to touch her. Somehow instinctively he knew that touching someone when they were in a sort of trance like this was not a good idea. Hopefully his voice would be enough to wake her up, because otherwise he didn't know what he would do. He couldn't very well just leave her to stumbled around the rest of the night, she could end up hurting herself somehow. But it seemed talking had down the trick as her eyes sleepily opened and she appeared to come to her senses, even though that only disoriented her more. Well, she was okay, that was good. Haven had never been around anyone who had had the problem of sleep walking before, so this was entirely different for him.

Her words of her almost having walked into the ocean once made his eyes grow wide and quiet fear seize him. She could have died! Drowned! The house didn't lay that far from the ocean, the sand of the beach was right before their front porch. Perhaps that hadn't been such a great idea after all. Thank the heavens that her banging around had woken him up. "No, you don't have to be sorry, it's alright. I'm glad you woke me up. I don't want you trying to walk into the sea again," he said, a tired smile pulling up the corners of his mouth.

[/html]
[html]

She was trying not to miss Ezekiel too much, but that was hard too. Siobhan had been his friend for a long time, and he'd helped partially raise her. She couldn't just cut him out of her life the way that he had tried to cut her out of his. She still thought about him, even if she wasn't trying to, about how he was doing and if his injuries were all the way healed yet. He'd helped her in ways that she didn't know yet by teaching her how to fight and dealing with her many complaints about having to learn such a thing.

"You could lock Siobhan in her room" She suggested. But was that really a good idea? "But maybe not. Zeke told Siobhan to leave...but he did not ever say he would not come looking for her. If he got in, she would not be able to get away" She frowned. She hoped it wouldn't come to something like that. This was bad enough, having told Haven about the horrible things the hybrid had said to her. "We can sit down somewhere? Siobhan..my legs are a little shaky"

[/html]
[html]

Haven was mostly ignorant of the darker circumstances of her leaving the clan. The two of them had talked about wanting to live in the same place, and it was clear that he would not be allowed into Inferni. He knew there was some coyote blood in his mix, but he wasn't "pure" enough for their likes. And honestly, if they were so elitist about it and so against wolves then it didn't sound like the type of place he wanted to say anyway. It sounded like they had treated Siobhan well, but he had heard his fair share of rumors about the more sinister dealings of the clan.

Immediately he didn't like the idea of locking her in her room at night. What if she needed to get out for some reason? That and it felt too much like keeping her someplace against her will. Though it seemed she had some of the same apprehensions of that idea as well. "He told you to leave?" The boy had not been aware of that. He didn't like the thought of the male coming after one little bit either. Haven was about to voice some questions when she asked to sit. "Yeah, of course." He took her by the hand and lead her to the couch to sit down.

"You really think he might come after you? Is he angry? Would he try to hurt you?" If there was a possible risk to her and the pack's safety, then as their protector he needed to be aware of it. "You know I won't let him or anyone else hurt you or take you someplace you don't want to go." He would take up arms for her in a heartbeat.

[/html]
[html]

She settled onto her couch cushion, pulling her knees up to her chest as she listened. She didn't think that Ezekiel would come all the way out here to find her, but he had seemed very angry when she'd left. Who knew what could happen. The coyotes there in Inferni were a little crazy, she knew. Most of the ones that she had been around hadn't been bad, but she knew that it was a matter of time. One of them would get a crazy idea and the others would all follow it. She had been told about their many wars against the wolves. It didn't make any sense.

"Zeke taught me how to fight...but I doesn't want to fight anyone" Haven could fight--it was his job, as a protector. She would if the pack really needed her, but she preferred not to. "Thank you. I would not want to go with him if he came here."

Siobhan relaxed a little, sinking back into the cushions. She felt genuinely safe in Cour des Miracles, especially here inside the house. She hadn't left the house very much, she liked it that much. Just whenever she wanted to eat or get a little fresh air. Haven spent a lot of time in the house, and she wanted to be around him...so she stayed in, too. It was nice, getting to see him each day. She voiced the thought aloud. "Haven, it is nice to see you every day. After not seeing you for a while. We have to make up for the time we missed" She scooted a little closer to him so that she might lean against him a bit. It was a small movement, coming closer, but even that made her heart start beating faster.

[/html]
[html]

Haven watched her with concern in his eyes as she pulled her legs up to her chest. Whatever she had been dreaming it really had unsettled her. He wished that he could chase those bad thoughts away and leave her in peace. But he couldn't protect her from her own mind. He knew that better than anyone, considering he had been a prisoner of his own for over a month. What she told him shocked him. They had taught her how to fight? Self defense was good to know, but Siobhan was not a fighter. She was not a warrior. It wasn't that he thought she was in any way weak or incapable, he just knew that that was not the type of person that she was. "Well you don't have to worry about having to fight here. No one here will ever make you fight." At first he hadn't thought the clan was so bad, but his opinions were quickly changing.

"If he does come here I will make him leave. I won't ever let him take you." That protective urge that he felt for his family went nearly double for Siobhan. He would do whatever was necessary to keep her safe and deep inside he knew that he was beginning to fall in love with her. As she scooted closer to lean against him he moved closer to her as well. One copper arm wrapped around her shoulders and he planted a soft kiss on the top of her head. "It's so nice to see you every day too. I'm so glad you decided to come her Siobhan. I can't imagine not having you here now." She had truly made this place home for him.

[/html]
[html]

There was one thing that she could think of that might help her out at night time, and that was a dream catcher. She had seen a picture of one in one of the books in the house, and apparently the thing was supposed to catch all of the bad dreams and only let the good ones get through. She could hang it above her bed if she could find one. Or maybe she would be able to make one.

Siobhan fit herself into the crook of his arm, putting her head against his chest now that his arm was around her. She could hear his heartbeat too, as steady and strong as her own. "Ok. I am glad. I want to live here for a long time, with these wolves. Or..at least, wherever you are." She said. "You want that too? This is a good place to live...if you like it then it must be a good place."

[/html]
[html]

Cour des Miracles may have been pretty nontraditional as far as packs went and sometimes he missed the structure, but if there was one thing that was true, it was that they would never make any member do something that they didn't want to. Siobhan would never be forced to fight. She wouldn't have to train like she was some kind of solider. She would be free to live her life as she wanted and do the things that made her happy. Having her settle in against him made his smile widen and his stomach filled with butterflies. Being close to her like this just felt so right. Like he never wanted to be with anyone else.

Hearing her say that she wanted to be wherever he was made the hybrid's heart skip a beat. "Yes, I want that too." Haven's voice was soft, but filled with warmth. "Yeah, I think this is a good place to live. Some of the members have their issues, but everyone does. But we all care for each other and we'll all help and protect one another. That's what's important. We'll always be welcome here." They might not be able to say that of many places, but here it was true.

[/html]
[html]

He was the one that she had known the longest besides Ezekiel. She hadn't known much when she'd first met him, about the world or or anything else, but now she felt like she knew a lot more. She had been through a lot since then, living in Inferni with the coyotes. She was one of them, but she hadn't felt like it at times. She felt more at home with wolves; they seemed more accepting of her.

"Siobhan must learn her place in the pack...I must learn my place in the pack." She said, correcting herself. "I must so that I can help the pack. In exchange for letting me stay here in these protected lands." She wanted to be of use. "There is a job that comes with my rank?" Maybe Haven would know more about it. "But you must do your duties too, Haven. You must leave the house every once in a while to check the borders and do other things. I will be ok"

[/html]
[html]

He had never paid much mind to the way she spoke. Referring to herself by her name instead of "I". It was cute. At least he thought so. Though he had noticed she was trying to correct herself more as they grew older. He didn't know if other people cared too much about stuff like that. She could talk however she wanted as far as he was concerned. Whatever made her happy. She could call herself Queen of the Mice and it wouldn't make a lick of difference to him. He would always see her the same way and feel the same way about her. "You're so cute, did you know that?" he said as he rubbed his nose against the top of her head.

"With your rank? No, it's just the starting out rank. Once you've been here for a little while they'll give you a higher rank that has duties though. They'll probably encourage you to take a co-rank as well. I think the co-ranks are almost more important here. Like my friend Ruri. She's blind so she can't do much as far as hunting or anything like that goes, but she has a beautiful singing voice so she has the Bard co-rank. Maybe that's what you could focus on, something like that." He didn't know what she would consider her specialty to be, but he trusted her to have a good idea of it.

Haven couldn't help but laugh a little as she reminded him of his own responsibilities he had been somewhat ignoring. "I know I do, I know. I just...finally having you here. Being able to see you everyday. I don't want to miss a moment." The Knight wanted her to feel safe here, to feel like she belonged. He wanted her to be comfortable before he started resuming his duties in earnest.

[/html]
[html]

Things seemed much more laid back in this pack, way more than they had been back in Inferni. There each person had known their duty to the clan and what sort of things they had to do for each of their ranks. All of the ranks were very tied into serving the clan, and they were encouraged to learn how to fight and how to defend themselves. She had learned this, as a member there...but now she felt that she might not need the knowledge. He'd said she wouldn't have to fight...so Siobhan would try and forget all of it.

"No, she did not know it" She replied, taking his question seriously. He thought that she was cute? She liked things about him, too, not just his personality. There was more to it. His voice, his gestures and words...everything about Haven made her so very happy. She listened to him talk, nodding. "Siobhan...she might be good at watching puppies. They are so cute. She would have fun watching them play and trying to teach them" Pups would be creatures that would know even less about the world than she did, and that was a plus as well.

[/html]
[html]
close here or with your next post?

He smiled with his nose against her fur. "Well you are. Incredibly cute. And beautiful. And nice." Haven loved to shower her with compliments and affection. She had gotten so little of that when she had really needed it. Her mother should have been pouring love onto her when all she had done was be mean and traumatize the poor girl. It still didn't make any sense how a parent could treat their child so badly. Especially one like Siobhan who was as far as could be from deserving that kind of treatment. She was so gentle and kind. And gentle and kind was how she deserved to be treated in return.

The image of her watching over puppies was one of the cutest things he could imagine. She would be great at something like that. "I think you'd be just great with puppies." Haven couldn't help but let the thought of the two of them having their own pups one day slip into his mind. He pushed it away quickly though. They were far too young to be considering anything of that nature. He was still nearly half a child himself! The hybrid's mouth opened wide in a yawn as sleepiness descended back over him. "Hey, you wanna try to go back to sleep?" He hoped this time she wouldn't be plagued by bad dreams and could rest.

[/html]
[html]

Puppies were cute indeed--she had only met one or two in her entire life other than her own brother, but she was so interested in them! They were cute and fluffy and small...three things that she really liked. And their little noses and tongues...she was already smiling just thinking about it. She didn't know when someone in the pack would actually have pups, when she would be able to watch them, but she would try and find some in another pack that she could be around, perhaps, to get experience.

Haven's words made her feel warmer and she leaned over, giving his cheek a soft lick. She felt a lot better now that he'd spoken with her, and she was ready to go back to bed. "Yes." She replied, giving him a quick squeeze before she slid off of the couch and headed for her room.

[/html]