Please let it disappear
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

Jac first, then Svara and then...well we can work it out from there ^_^

There she was, pacing back and forth on the front porch of the house. She knew Jac would be home soon, and then she'd have to tell him what had happened...what she had done. Oh how she wished she wished she'd never strayed away from the house out of boredom and talked with Cour des Miracles' number one enemy. Granted, it hadn't been her plan to run into the male, but she still had spoken with him and answered his questions. Fortunately he had revealed his identity prior to her answering his questions, otherwise the naive young girl might have given away every piece of valuable pack information that she knew without a second thought. However, she had been able to withold certain pieces in her answers. The fragile female had answered every question, but not completely. She had been fortunate that the male had not pressed her for more information than he had. He hadn't seemed interested in causing a stir of any kind at the time, just seeking information, but Ruri had been the unfortunate victim of his curiosity. Now she was forced to endure the shame of telling her dearest friend, her king, what she had done.

The petite border collie folded her arms in front of her, her soft hands rubbing the wisps of feather white fur that ran down the undersides of her forearms nervously. It was night-time, and Jac was due home any minute. How was she supposed to tell him? She wanted to burst into tears right now and he wasn't even here yet. Surely there was no way she would be able to get through the entire explanation without sobbing. Certainly she had managed to tell Svara, but Svara had sort of forced it out of her. The constable had ordered her to do what she was waiting to do now. Oh how she wished the woman was here now, if not to tell Jac herself but to be emotional support for her, and to help her if she should become too distraught. The fragile optime tucked her plumed tail between her slender legs as she continued to pace back and forth, her ears waiting to catch the sound of her king returning from his day's adventures.

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: This is set before the party, right? Smile

It had been a long and content day of wandering. He had spent the last week traipsing around the unclaimed territories, searching for treasures and tools and unfamiliar faces. He had stumbled across the majestic and poisonous Kaena Lykoi, and her scars and stories delighted him. Still on that high, he had hiked up to the borders of Inferni, viewing the wicked skulls upon pikes that sprang up from the edges of their land. A forbidden land of mystery... The sun had been on its way down, then, and he had a long walk back to his kingdom. The dog snacked on the contents of a bird's nest he had confiscated, the unfortunate robin hatchlings becoming a quick and crunchy meal. Satiated such, the tireless man strolled through hill and vale, marveling at the vast openness of this northern land until his long legs brought him back to the sandy shores of his new home.

Night had fallen completely as he edged into the heart of his kingdom, the familiar scents flooding his olfactory senses. He paused to add to the scent border - he hadn't emptied his bladder all day, so it was about time - and then ambled along the cliff walls, cooling sands shifting beneath his footpaws. He wasn't ready for sleep, but without having seen anyone this whole time, there was nothing to do. How boring. The excitement of his exploration withered as he was faced with a familiar conundrum - what to do now. "Ruri!" he exclaimed abruptly, slapping his hand against his thigh. He would go talk to Ruri, even if she had already laid down to bed. It was her duty to keep him entertained, regardless of the hour. Energy revitalized him, and the tall Optime bounded across the wide beach, moonlight glowing silver atop his dark mane.

He could tell something was wrong as soon as he approached the house - he could see the pale outline of his Ruri, pacing back and forth as a haunting ghost. Was she simply worried about him, being out late? It would not be the first time, but she seemed more distressed than usual, tail tucked low even as an Optime. "Ahoy, Ruri ma petite, I have returned," he called loudly without breaking stride. She wasn't hurt, was she? And no one had abandoned her, so what seemed to be the problem? His dark eyes were concerned as he drew up onto the porch beside her, fingers absent-mindedly brushing her hair to let her know where he was.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... r/blue.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
"We are so much alike"

She was inside the house attempting to cook. With the cook books she had stole from Hanna some long months ago. Eggs....what the hell? Did it mean robin eggs, Swan eggs, or Raven eggs? Svara stared at the rather easy text but was lost as to most of the items it wanted. Flour.....Did it want daisies or Roses? Couldn't the book be a little more specific? She had wanted to try after remembering Haku cooking that one time. If he could do it so could she right? He had also said the books would help, but Svara hadn't figured that he might know what all these things were before hand. A grumble escaped her as she looked over the blood ridden counter with random things from outside spewed across the counter tops.

'Take two eggs and beat them four 1 minute.' Beat the eggs? "What the hell..." Svara mumbled as she turned the book over to look at the cover and make sure it was for cooking and not torture. She was an herbalist, and healer shouldn't she know most of these things!? 'Put meat in pan and let sit for 5 minutes.' Svara looked at the pan and then grabbed the unskinned rabbit and slapped it in the pan. For five minutes the constable stared at the rabbit sitting in the pan. Was this supposed to be a tharapy session for the dead? She flipped through the book confused.

Poking the rabbit to see if it was doing what it was supposed to she wasn't surprised when she heard Jac's voice from the porch. Since Ruri lived here now, with Her, Leroy and the newest member Ayita; She was sure Ruri was waiting for Jac so she could speak about matters. The constable left her mess moving to the porch covered in blood, white stuff, flower pelts, and a mistory smell that she had optained in the process. Opening the door her long mane flowed down her shoulders in straight liquid. She had stopped putting it up hoping it would make her have a more female quality. She really was trying to hard. Seeing them both she went as if ignoring them and sat down on the border of the porch. Ruri would have to tell Jac, and still deep down Svara had been hurt by her actions. Pain was not the issue now, learning to cook was on the other hand...

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

Oh no...he was here. Now what? The blind girl stepped backwards, bumping against the wall of the house. Normally she would have welcomed his touch, as she had every other time. It was his way of telling her where he was, even though she could figure it out based upon the sound of his voice and his scent. Today, however, his touch on her long bangs meant that he was really here, not just some figment her distressed imagination had conjured up. The ivory and merle female shook slightly, as if chilled from within, her arms to folded in front of her nervously. "J-Jac...I...I have to tell you something," she stuttered, her soprano voice quivering with each word. At that moment she heard the door of the house open and a familiar scent exitted, mingled with numerous other strange smells. Svara was here now. The Constable was no doubt going to listen and make sure she did not disobey her orders. Ruri would never dream of such a thing, especially after what she had just done so recently.

Swallowing the lump that had lodged itself in her throat the collie girl continued. "Earlier t-today...I left the cabin...and got lost. You have to understand...I was bored, and I didn't mean to go so far, but I ended up near the borders and..." the distressed girl paused to calm herself for she was almost in hysterics again. Tears had started trickling down her face the moment she had begun to tell Jac what had occurred that day, and they were only bound to increase as she continued,"...I met someone...at the borders. I-it....it was...Haku Soul. He said he wanted to ask me some questions and...I answered them. I know I wasn't supposed to talk to him, and I should have called for help. Svara already told me that. I'm really sorry, please don't be mad at me," the slate gray and white female was now hunched over on the porch, sobbing hysterically. She'd done what Svara had ordered her to do, and she had hated every second of it. Now all she had to do was wait for Jac's verdict. No doubt she'd be punished, although how she didn't care to speculate. It was doubtful the punishment would be too severe, as Jac was always fair and Ruri was so close to him. However, from the way Ruri was crying it was obvious that telling him had been a serious punishment for her actions already. Now on her knees, the girl continued to sob, her petite frame shaking with each of the hiccups she had given herself.

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: Svara's cooking makes me lawl. ^_^ I guess this is my only post, so I'll try to make it conclusive...?

Svara emerged, silent for once, drifting to the edge of the porch in a cloud of white flour and rabbit fur. Jacquez gaped for a moment, unsure whether to tease her about having her hair down, being a complete mess, or both; but there was a strangely vibrant tension in the air. Ruri flinched away from his touch, backing up until she unseeingly bumped into the rough wall of the house. "All right, what's going on?" the Frenchman growled suspiciously, dark eyes studying Ruri's nervous countenance, than Svara's deliberate impassiveness, and then back to Ruri. The distressed border collie quavered from stress, her tremulous voice struggling to explain the situation. He had never seen her quite so upset before - she hated to disappoint, and often fell to pieces when she felt she had let him down, but this was a new low.

Her hysteric, sobbing words finally choked out the whole story, and in a flash Jacquez Trouillefou became dangerous. Fiery fur rose along his spine like a fuse alighting, and a ferocious snarl erupted from his flashing jaws as he flexed a fist, slamming a punch into the wall of the beach cabin. An unfortunate "crunch" followed, the wood buckling under the unadulterated strength of his right arm. He had punched a hole into the wall...

Breathing heavily, the collie-dog extricated his now-puffy knuckles, expressionlessly examining the blood leaking from where they split open. It would take a few days for the bruising to heal. He knew from experience. "Ruri," he said softly, glancing down with a shade of guilt at the way she cowered on her knees before him. "I'm not angry at you. You have a right to explore. None of us expected him to come back." His voice was flat. He was angry, but not at her. This Haku Soul showed up again? Wanted to see if he could finish the job on Svara, eh? Wanted to measure his strength against the new pack? If he harmed one hair on Ruri's head, the bastard would be dead, dead so many times over that no one would recognize what pieces of the corpse they found! "But if this Haku bastard, putain de merde! Bouffe ma queue calisse de fag! Brûlez dans l'enfer! If he returns here again, you call me right away and run, and I will take care of him." A slow smile spread across his muzzle, a wicked smile with many sharp teeth and cruel intentions. It was well enough that the little Duchess could not see, for she would surely be frightened. The King was very possessive of his people, and he already owed Haku a beating for how he had mauled Svara.

He reached out and patted Ruri on the head, ignoring his protesting knuckles. His capricious mood swing had faded. He would save that dark rage for when he finally met the blue-eyed demon face to face. Had they met on good terms, the two men might have been good friends - but it was not to be. He looked to Svara, seeing her scars gleam in the moonlight. "Thank you, both of you. You have done the right thing, mes jolies. We are fortunate that cette salope did not choose to attack." He nodded firmly. "And, eh... I will ask Leroy to patch your wall...?" he added sheepishly, winking in his charming way. It would simply be a little drafty for a few days, yes?

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... r/blue.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
"We are so much alike"

She sat and watched them both. Svara wasn't here to say anything on the matter, only to make sure Ruri did what she needed to. Nothing should be held back from Jacquez, he had every right to know. The blind girl should also learn that there was just about nothing that could make this man hate her. The girls hystarical crying made Svara want to scold her and tell her to suck it up and just take whatever was to come with pride. That of course wasn't the way it worked for most females, something Svara really hadn't learned in her life time. A part of her was curious as to how Jac would react. If he showed no problem with it the constables heart would surely be broken. Not that what had happened had been really Haku's fault. She shouldn't have provoked him. She had known it would lead into the affray, and still she had done it.

The sound of Jacquez hand going through her wall made the she wolf stand and take a step towards him. Part of it was to defend the girl, she had little trust in men, or anybody for that matter and she didn't even let rational thought cross her mind. The rational being that this male would never hurt Ruri Aceline, not intentionally that is. The blood slipped down like rain from his split knuckles. It made Svara sigh in irritation before taking a few more steps closer. The wound would need to be bandages weather he liked it or not. Then when he was finished he would help Leroy fix the bloody hole in her wall. An angry twitch formed under the constables eye.

He spoke and Svara only just stood there as he directed his attention to Ruri. The girl really had been scared of dissapointing him, Svara knew the feeling. Her long red hair moved from a sudden breeze and she gave an irritated grumble, why had she let it down to begin with? Shaking her head she focused and the two again. So that was that, and Ruri could stop having stress attacks over the whole thing. The constable felt when he looked over her scars and it made her her look away from them both. The imperfections were just a walking reminder of what shit she got herself into. Finally he directed his attention to her and spoke about the wall, already in a bad mood the she wolf just gave him a seething look. "Don't bother." She said as she moved off the porch and away from the house. She didn't want to be around people right now, it wasn't their fault, it was just........what was it really? The constable shifted to her wolf form and started running, her long legs carrying her through the verdant woods. She had to figure out what was wrong and soon or it would surely swallow her up whole.

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

The girl was startled by the anger she felt emanating from Jac, followed by a sickening crunch as he punched the wall of the house. The sobbing girl would have flinched in fear if it hadn't been Jac who had thrown the punch. Then he told her that he wasn't angry at her, and her countenance brightened slightly. She hadn't disappointed him? She was about to sob out her thanks when Jac continued, growling something in French before issuing orders similar to the ones Svara had instructed her with. If she ever came into contact with Haku Soul again she would certainly call Jac, although she still wasn't sure that Haku would give her the chance if they met again. "I-I will Jac..." she stuttered in reply. Much of her crying had ceased at this point, but she still shook with the hiccups she always seemed to give herself when she sobbed. Then he patted her on the head, and Ruri smiled, relieved greatly that Jac had seen fit to forgive her actions. She still hated herself for being so easily taken advantage of, and so helpless but that wasn't for Jac or Svara to see. That was her own personal battle. Jac had said her job was to help the other pack members be happy not concerned about her own inward conflicts. So, she would keep her issues hidden as best she could for now.

What ensued next surprised the slate and ivory, blind girl. Svara was angry. Had she done something wrong? Had Jac done something wrong? He had just offered to have Leroy fix the wall, but Svara had refused angrily and run off. What was wrong? "Svara wait!" The blind girl called, rising to her feet to listen in the direction she heard the woman's padfalls trailing off in. Still unsure what was happening, the blue merle border collie turned in the direction of her best friend. "Did I say something wrong?" she asked innocently, wanting to immediately rectify the situation if she could. If she had said something to upset Svara she would immediately go apologize to try and make the situation better. That was part of her job, right?

[/html]