I wont falter nor fail
[html]
Man, I'm so sorry for the wait >_< (300+)

She was wondering if she should start to feed them, so that they would not completely wipe eachother out. Or was there another way?..

The Inferni girl moved slowly across the neutral lands, wondering if she would ever find another canine to run into. The sky had started to bleed red and pink. The girl did not see herself as a coward, but she did not feel very safe too far away from Inferni when the day turned into night. She did not know much about fighting, but it was a small comfort to feel the cool pressure of the gun in her pocket. The luperci was dangerously close to the Phoenix Valley pack though she had not noticed it until now. The girl narrowed her eyes as she looked into darkening forest. She had generally functioned alright with wolves in the past. A slight bit hostile, but that was only to be expected. Normally they had treated her like one of them unless she acted like the coyote she was. Again the girl praised herself lucky for the strong coyote appearance she had managed to get despite the majority of wolf in her.

Now, after what Kaena had told her, she felt more resentment for the generally larger canines and their packs. They seemed to think they were so far up there compared to the coyotes. Hell, no. Teeth grinded together when she thought of Kaena’s life. Wolves had taken so much from her for no obvious reason. It made the girl angry to think of it. She wanted to avenge her grandmother despite the fine fact that most of those probably already were dead. Most of them by Kaena’s own hands, she believed. Still, this was not good enough for the dark Lykoi. The youth was about to start her walk back to the clan lands when a sound reached her oversized ears, coming from the forest. Her sharp gaze turned in the direction of the sound.

[/html]
[html]

She had the thing in her mouth, but boy was it screaming. She had never heard a rabbit make this kind of a sound before, and she shook it a few times to try and make it stop. Addison was slowly but surely getting better at hunting, but occasionally one of the creatures that she caught surprised her. She'd almost dropped the young rabbit when it had started to scream, shocked, but she'd somehow managed to keep her hold on it.

The young member of Phoenix Valley was by herself tonight, practicing her night-time hunting. She had been very focused and had caught the hare all by herself...a great feat. She didn't know if Jefferson was waiting for her at home or not, figuring that he might be hanging out with Geneva. It was nice for him to have friends and for her to have friends...but when she was home and he wasn't she did pine for him a little. He always gave her the best advice and solved all of her problems for her with stern, gruff answers.

The girl fixed her blue and yellow eyes on the ground in front of her, squeezing with her jaws to cut off the animal's sounds. She dropped it, then, waiting for it to stop moving altogether before she began to dig in a little.

[/html]
[html]
The sound slowly drifted closer, and Halo quickly found that her feet were coaching her in that direction. She faintly recognized the sound as a prey now when the sound played off clearer in her oversized ears. A malicious grin formed on her lips, the need to create something similar from a larger prey stronger than ever. She could do this. She wanted to do this. The multicoloured hybrid would have to be very careful though, and she tiptoed across the borders to find the source. The sight that met her was a perfect one. It was not a puppy. Actually, the wolfish female seemed to be around Halo’s own age, but that did not have to be much of a disadvantage. Halo would perhaps be stronger than the girl at the moment, seeing that she was in her optime form. The sound was gone, and replaced by the gentle, low sound of digging. When Halo was close enough to hear this sound, she stopped: determined to at least attempt to lure the other a bit outside of the lands before she went ahead with the poorly planned plot of hers.

Hey there!” the light melody sang out to the pack wolf. Halo’s cruel grin had quickly changed into something smoother and gentler. Creamy hands folded easily behind her back, and the pose suggested that Halo was just an innocent little girl that was lost in a rather scary place. She gently flattened her oversized ears and added all the necessary features that made her seem so much less harmful than she truly was.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... able_2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Her coat was a mixture of darker shades, mostly grays, blacks, and browns, but she did have a few creams mixed in. At night she looked much darker, though, all of the dark parts seeming even deeper than before, near a black hue. She bit through the harder pieces of gristle, eating everything that she thought she could swallow but being mindful of bones. Addison was hungry, and she was going to get as much out of this hare as she could.

A voice made her start again, and she stopped eating to turn and look behind herself. "Um...hello. It's late at night--are ya lost?" She asked, frowning. These were her adopted father's lands. They were very near Phoenix Valley. But maybe Jefferson had said it was okay for the other to be here. Her nose was full of the scent of blood, distracted, and she wasn't thinking straight.

[/html]
[html]
The other girl was dark, but Halo was darker, majorly because of the dark clothes that covered up the hybrid’s lighter underside. It was the few highlights of cream and copper that gave the other girl away mostly, and the Inferni female found those light areas of fur relieving. She liked being able to keep an eye on her targets. The blood scented air made Halo’s teeth run in water, and she wondered if the taste of the girl’s blood would taste or smell much different to that of a simple prey? The ruby eyed youth disguised her excitement well. More than anything, Halo seemed lost and slightly confused. When the other girl turned around to look at her, Halo let her gaze fall to the ground in light shame while her hand clutched her own arms, allowing her shoulders to narrow slightly in a rather frail matter.

”Yes, I am..” the optime girl slowly revealed with regret and tension in her voice. She knew how horrible it could be to be lost in another territory, and she openly played her part out well, drawing her inspiration from the past when just the same had happened to the dark Lykoi child for real when she had been half a year or so. ”Could you help me?” she suddenly dared to plead, allowing that misery to drip from her own voice. She seemed close to desperation, and she was. It was dark and dark was always believed to hide the nastiest of monsters in the black shadows.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... able_2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

It was good to help people out...wasn't it? She often got help from others when she was in a fix. The young adult nodded her head as she spoke. "Yeah, I'll help!" How could she help her? What could she do? "But what could I do?" She questioned, unsure. She was only one wolf, after all. She did know her way around Phoenix Valley but this was the only place she'd really been in a while...she didn't know much about the surrounding areas.

"Where were you trying to get to?" She asked. That would be an important thing to know.

[/html]
[html]
Halo’s worried face exploded into a smile the instant the request of help had received its positive response. Although Halo did not at all match a wolf’s size in her optime, she was relatively strong; her appearance in optime made the Inferni girl look far more fragile and weak than what she was. Under the layer of fur and skin, there were hard and well trained muscles. The adolescent’s bushy tail moved contently behind her now when she would not have to walk aimlessly around more. ”I live in a building to the north, but I’m not fond of the dark, and I’m not entirely sure of where I am at the moment. Am I trespassing on claimed lands?” the light voice rang with possible regret of the possibility that she was guilty in walking on pack lands. Ah, the Lykoi girl loved this game. Halo had picked a lonely building, so that her possible victim would have an idea of where it was. If Halo had been able to describe and point her way ‘home’ too well, then she could easily have been caught. It was not a house, but a large building that once had served as a lonely factory. It fitted Halo’s requirements perfectly. Her small pets were waiting, and she hoped they had not started to kill each other in big number again because soon a feast would be served.
[/html]
[html]
feel free to pp them getting to the city and stuff ^^

She had never really been the immediately-trusting type, but there was something about this girl that really caught her heart. Maybe coyotes were good after all, despite what she'd heard. Her tail wagged as she thought about the journey there--to the north? There were only a couple of buildings to the north that she knew of in that portion of the city...but then, she hadn't explored a lot of the city yet.

"Oh, no! Not at all. This is just the border...anyone's allowed out here, I think. Just as long as you didn't get too far inside. I don't think dad minds, anyway..." Hmm. She needed to ask about the border rules again, just to be sure. It was allowed, for wolves to be out here, yes? But this wasn't a wolf, it was a coyote. She'd ask about coyote. "North is this way--follow me!"

[/html]
[html]
Oh, how bright Halo’s world was now when a kind local would follow her home. The Lykoi offspring attempted to fool herself just like she was currently fooling this wolf. One could not be Master of Arts all of a sudden. Halo had many well developed skills, but she had never attempted to pull of such a stunt before. In order to keep her face and body true and sincere, she played along, imagining she actually was lost and all that shit. It helped. She felt grateful for the girl’s kindness, both because she already had agreed to help the hybrid out, and because she would not be scolded for roaming so close to a wolf pack. Despite all this, it did not even once touch Halo’s mind that this could be a proof of that wolves too could be kind creatures, which was the total opposite of the Inferni girl’s beliefs. Things just did not work that way for the youth. Wolves had a history and had to be punished no matter what. It was not truly Halo’s fight though. If she had wished to, she would instantly have been welcomed into a wolf pack because of the good wolf percentage in her blood, but she’d rather drop dead before such a thing happened.

”I’m glad to hear, I don’t want to cause any trouble..” the girl breathed out with relief, walking alongside of the lupus. She just had to keep her mind calm, that was all. Although Halo had not plotted all this in details, she knew what to do. Not all individuals knew what a gun was, but it was useful for a lot of things, especially if the individual knew exactly how much harm a bullet could do. Halo had realized a flaw with her choice of weapon though. She was using normal bullets. She would have loved to get something heavier and some hunting ammunition. Almost regardless of where such a bullet would hit the body, the victim would almost certainly die, because such ammunition had been developed to do extra damage, and cause large bleeding in order to shorting the animal’s suffering. Hah. Things went much faster than she had expected, and her line of thought died when she realized that they were at the building. Ruby eyes turned to the young wolf and contently observed the mud and dirt that covered her nose. It was obvious by scent that this was no home, but without the perfect ability to smell this; this would not be discovered before it was too late.

”Come in, I want to show you something before you go, as a little token of my appreciation.” the soft melody of the Lykoi announced, without any hint of the cruelty that was to come. Halo, wanted to show the girl her pets. Once inside of the building, it was revealed that it was slightly emptier than what could have been expected. There were a few crates in one of the corners, together with ropes and some metal cages that barely could be detected behind a large crate. It was not unnatural to keep pets, so Halo doubted that fact alone would freak out the girl accompanying her. However, Addison would have to go around the crate to be able to see Halo’s pets’ true nature. Coagulated blood on the cage floors, probably a few dead rats. They had not been fed since they had been captured, which was months ago. They had lived off each other, and were hungrier than ever now, because Halo had started to remove the corpses of the most unfortunate and weak rodents instantly. They were in perfect shape. ”Go see, say what you think!” Halo sang out brightly, genuinely excited to see the girl’s reaction when she finally was to notice that she would die in this building. Halo walked along with the girl, but slowing down to eventually walk behind the wolf, for no other reason than apparently wanting to let Addison see this sight first.

[/html]
[html]

She was glad to hear that the other didn't want to cause any trouble with her pack. Addison was protected by this pack, and felt safe within its boundaries. Someone might come out if there was trouble, even though they were only in the border. She wasn't sure, though, because of the time of night. But she did want to get out and start doing some things for herself. She wanted to be more like an adult!

The walk to the city seemed short, the girl leading the way with Halo walking nearby. She hadn't been attacked by the coyote, so Addison figured that she was nice and that she was truthful. She never would have guessed about the other girls' evil intentions.

Addison didn't understand why the girl thought that she would want to see a bunch of rats, though. She didn't like rats much...she'd heard of them biting wolves in the past. How had Halo managed to catch so many? Upon further inspection she discovered their living conditions, and she pulled back and away from the cages. It was disgusting! How could she catch wild animals and them keep them like this? "Um...I don't like rats much, thanks. Now that you're home, I think I'll head back to the Valley."

[/html]
[html]

A cruel smile delicately stretched across the teenager’s face now when the wolf saw her beloved darlings. Halo was about to purr out about how magnificent they were when the wolf started to pull back and away from the blood stained cages. Halo stepped back along with Addison, determined that she would at all time block the exit and keep a few feet of distance between the two. The pack wolf better not attempt to do anything foolish. ”How do you know, you barely looked at them.” Halo's melody accused sadly. The moment was too close for the hybrid to be able to control the heat beneath her skin. Playtime was over. Controlled and quickly, the hybrid drew her gun and held it with both hands as she pointed it at Addison. ”You know what this is?” Few of young age did, but Halo was far ahead of the general population of mentally gifted creatures on that road. ”This is a gun, if you move I will pull the trigger and send a bullet through your brain.” Oh fuck, such an adrenaline kick now. ”Turn around with your face towards the cage and sit down straight.” Her strangely soft melody hissed out to the wolf that was soon to die.
[/html]
[html]
ooc

She was bigger than this girl, stronger. At least, she thought that she would be stronger than a little coyote. She could leave if she wanted to, go back home to the Valley and to Jefferson and the others. She wished he was here right now--she just wanted to leave and go home. The coyote was blocking the exit so that she couldn't get out and Addison wondered why in the moments before the creature pulled out its gun. She had never seen one of these things before, just heard of them in human books...they looked deadly, steel twisted around, an opening for a bullet to come out at the very end of it. They were deadly things.

The explanation of the gun furthered to unnerve her and she did as she was told quickly, taking the position that her captor had asked of her. She had one fleeting thought about running away, trying to get away, but that would be no use. She had the gun very close to her--if she did hit Addison with a bullet it would probably cause a lot of damage. And she would be almost sure to hit, with them being so near.

"Why are you doing this? I helped you! You should let me go home to the Valley--my father is the leader there, and I know I'll be missed--he'll catch you and all of Inferni." She threatened, trying to play one last card.

[/html]
[html]
Powerplaying to get it going! Hope that's alright. 300+

The feeling of power pulsed thickly through her veins, and the grin on the dark girl’s face was wicked and dark. Her hands did not tremble as she held the gun. The wolf did as the coyote said, and it was almost funny that she was doing as she was told, because death was the only thing that was waiting for her. Truth be told, a bullet through the head would have been painless, so to speak. The threat was met with an unpleasant laughter from the ruby eyed youth. She slowly took another step closer to the wolf, grinning at the empty words. ”I don’t think so. There will be nothing left of you to find. He will just think you ran away.” Before the wolf had a chance to reply, Halo lurched forward like a snake, bringing the gun’s handle to the girl’s head with the strength needed to make the girl’s world turn temporarily black. When Halo’s hand rose again to look at the deadly human instrument, she realized that she had forgotten to load it. Hah, how could she have forgotten..

With the girl unconscious, it was an easy task to tie her up tightly. And Halo then double checked the knots, making sure the girl would have absolutely no freedom to move any part of her body. Halo stepped back to admire her own work. The girl went around the large box to retrieve the noisy cage filled up by starved rodents. She hesitated for a moment before putting it down and walking over to the unconscious girl again. A hand blessed with talons darted down and broke through skin several places on the wolf’s body. The scent of blood started to soak the air now, and the increased, wild sound from the cage was no illusion.

Patience was not something Halo owned a lot of, but she managed to wait until she saw the wolf’s eyelids flutter slightly as the other girl slowly seemed to wake up from the hit to the head. Very well then. There was nothing more to say. Halo lifted the cage again and took a step forward to execute the distance between the two girls. In another world they could even have been friends. Then the cage was opened and starved rats fell down on the girl’s body, instantly registering the sudden overflow of fresh, bloody meat. A few of the rodents took off and ran away from the scene instantly, but the absolute majority instantly started to feed. Halo stepped back and smiled. ”Eat, my darlings..”

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... famans.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

It was a father's sense that told him something was wrong; there was no other explanation. No amount of magic nor whimsical dreaming could put that bitter feeling in the pit of his stomach. The cyclops had been tending the ranch animals one second, yards away the next. Addison. He'd had episodes that had possessed him to suddenly locate her similar to this before; in his own head he guessed it was the same as before, dashing like hell's worst convict escaping the terrible fires that licked his heels. As his two legs took him, Jefferson knew that in the end he might find her hunting rabbits or dawdling in one of the ponds. As the stench of Inferni mixed with that of his daughter's scent near the pack's borderlines, his feet only ripped up the earth deeper as the great, one-armed cyclops bounded across Phoenix Valley territory like he was running a marathon. The only exception was, of course, the feral ferocity that lurked within his glowing green eye.

He was led clear out of the packlands and towards the north; the general area grew into something he had sparsely explored before, only furthering his steeping worries. A building? It was nothing to Jefferson; the door was nearly thrown off its hinges upon his forceful entry. The cyclops took hardly a second to breathe in scent-trailing air before walking heavily across the floor, bad arm slipping out of the sling across his chest as he went. He heard no words as he reached the room, scanning it in an instant: Addison unconscious, rats, Inferni. A snarl ripped through his throat as he dived forward, first retrieving his unconscious daughter from the floor and shaking her free of a few straggling, desperate rats. When they went for his own feet, Jefferson snorted and easily crushed a skull with his heel. Whether or not the rest backed off he cared little; his eye turned to the hybrid girl that had led his daughter to some attempted hell. "Scum," he hissed through his teeth, double her size and seemingly unhindered by his one-armed handicap when it came to maintaining his daughter's safety. "How quickly do you want to die?"

[/html]
[html]
I thought we were waiting for James to reply. Sorry for lateness.

The girl had stepped back and stood wide eyed and watched the rodents tear the wolf’s flesh with hungry mouths and deadly appetite. Reality knocked out imagination easily, and the girl’s pulse beat quickly with the bliss of finally have made one of her odd and disturbed dreams come through. She loved her rats. Unfortunately this beautiful moment was not meant to last, because a large male had found the factory opening and was rushing to the other girl’s rescue. For a moment the hybrid wondered if she would have any chance if she went for the cripple, but she was no larger than an average coyote in her optime form, and the girl did not have much of any fighting skills. She stepped back and started to head for the factory exit while the man retrieved the foolish wolf girl. Disappointment would hit her with its full force when she had reached safe grounds. Oversized ears twitched at the word scum, but she continued to move away, more swiftly now. Although fear could be registered (this was a large and older male wolf after all) she could not stop the grin from blooming on her face and a thrilling giggle to escape her lips before she reached the exit and spurted away with all the speed her muscles could provide her with.

[/html]