Without work you thirst 'til you die [j] LEADER
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/ ... 1247095913); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:10px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:298px;">
1. Molochai de Odi Lykoi
2. August 30th 2005
3. Luperci Orctus
4. 62.5% Canis lupus ortus, 25% Canis latrans ortus, 12.5% Canis familiaris ortus
5. Male
6. MSN: obi_15@hotmail.com AIM: tattered fiend

It had taken almost two full weeks of constant searching to find the scent trail that eventually led him back. He had abandoned the thought of these lands since he had left - no fled - to find sanctuary elsewhere. The sanctuary had been a comfortable den away from the packs, vermin wolves and memories that seemed to flood him. Yet even after he figured he was safe he couldn't escape the nightmares that plagued him whenever he shut his golden eyes. Wolves dying, which was fine, and then fires and hellish screams that sounded so close to home. The smoke suffocated him whenever he tried to take a breath and those dreams always ended with the wolves that he had taught the pups to torment, turning into the pups themselves. Freud would have been happy to take the creature as a patient. His life had become a simple one, devoid of everything but the basic needs to kill and eat and to sleep to rest for the next days hunt. Often he came home with nothing, those were long days when even the most sluggish vole escaped his jaws. Those days were penance for things he did that he didn't believe were wrong. His subconscious apparently had another idea.

One of those many months was marked by a fall, and even now as he traced his beloved mother's scent to the place where Inferni now lay its borders he limped. The limp was gone as a fully-shifted Optime, relegated to his left arm but his strength was weak enough that shifting often took everything he had. When you were by yourself you couldn't afford to be showy and weak, he knew that well from his days training the youngsters that now as adults bore the Lykoi name. What would Mother think of him? Why was he tracing her scent when he had been a coward for so long? Moonlight colored fur bristled slightly at the wolf skulls bordering Inferni lines, the darkness and shadows playing havoc on his eyes. No, it was just a skull, another trophy to show the world the coyote would always triumph over wolf. Scarred muzzle and limbs tensed momentarily as the clouds cast the moonlight on another and he pondered again what he was doing here. "Let this make the nightmares end." He quietly spoke, barely a hush amongst the sounds of night and darkness.

His leg tired and still slightly sore where the bone had been reset, he laid down and waited. It seemed Molochai did a lot of waiting in a life that was supposed to be his own.

[/html]
ooc- hope this is a private joining.. >.<

The dusty gold male had been left alone with his thoughts far too often in the clan's lands and every time it seemed that it evolved into an utter mess. He had watched his siblings rise in the ranks, Jael who didn't even want to be part of the clan and who in no right deserved the promotion he'd been issued.. and of course Halo, who in every sense he knew would be a perfect edition to the ways of the Lykoi-de le Poer lead clan. Enigma was still struggling to piece together his own puzzle as the world around him turned and like he was slow in doing everything there was a reason and a purpose to his ways. In time he would find his place and things would dawn clear but for now he brooded over the distaste of knowing he was from the stock of a traitor.

The slim mutt wouldn't have even realized the other was there if he hadn't felt the prick of bramble upon his paw and had to resort to digging out the deeply embedded thorn. When he'd lifted his foot to examine the predicament he'd landed himself in he caught the mutterings of the other so close by. Ignoring the thorn for a moment he limped on three legs into the shadows, the scent of the intruder growing stronger as he approached. "What brings you here..." he asked, his voice soft though the warning threat of the fact that the lands were obviously claimed lingering in his tone as he placed the thorn pricked paw back to earth, waiting to see what had been tossed upon the borders this night.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/ ... 1247095913); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:10px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:298px;">
If it is a private joining I didn't know. Smile I just had Molo looking for Kaena's scent since she means the world to him.

The scent that approached him wasn't his mothers' but it was a scent that mimicked the marked borders. Clearly this creature before him already belonged to Inferni, just like he had once upon a time. Casting his gaze to the moon he struggled to remember any social skills he possessed that didn't involve him tackling the male and ripping him to shreds. Offhand none sprung immediately to mind. Struggling forward a bit he glanced to the side, sneering at whatever was in front of him rather than the mutt that held power, somehow over him. His dreams would have his Mother come to the borders, all anger and hatred and spring upon him and kill him. He stopped calling them nightmares at times since they were so frequent, at times he had begun to believe them reality. Silence can cause a creature to go mad, lack of social connection and communication in even the most hermetic of creatures can cause the world to seem to twist and orient itself against them. Paranoia had a whole new definition now.

Focus Molochai, focus. He had to mentally bring himself back and he sharply glanced up, arm throbbing in this four-legged form. The other creature was limping too, perhaps he was mocking him... The idea was cut short as the male posed a question and Molochai struggled to answer it. On the outside he seemed cool and confident, even tired, inside he was a bundle of raw, exposed nerves. "Looking for my Mother. You might have heard of her, Kaena Lykoi? I used to live here and I want to come back." That didn't identify him, he was one of a thousand - and yet a lot of the devil spawn owed their tactics and lives to the nearing four year old hybrid. He wouldn't give his name unless this one asked, for all he knew this was his nephew. Even he chuckled at that idea but remained silent on the outside. Perhaps even the grass was related to him.

[/html]
Enigma silently stood there poised, studying the male before him as he waited for an answer, those twilight sable orbs, near identical to Vitium's, the traitor of a father, his constant reminder of what he was watched the creature before him as finally an answer of sorts came. The mention of his grandmother's name made Enigma's heckles rise slightly, not knowing if he could trust the figure before him who claimed to have left the clan. He growled softly as he asked. "What reason was there to leave Inferni, so important to leave your family and kin." Still he realized that he had not been given a name and the prick of that knowledge at the back of his mind made the boy even more distrusting of the soul before him.

Enigma took a step towards the male as his dark eyes seemed to flash as he asked. "Who are you.." The bold spark that gave him courage to stand before the weary traveler and deny him passage to the lands came from knowing he belonged here. This strange beast before him had given no real claim but a name that was known of legend. He could be looking for at the end of his ropes and looking for death, taking the chance that claiming false lineage could bring salvation at the end of the road. He watched the creature as he waited, knowing that in time he'd get answers, perhaps not the ones he sought, but answers none the less.
[html]

The mutt was a rather demanding creature wasn't he? His tone and his attitude and everything reminded Molochai of any one of the creatures that bore Lykoi or de le Poer as their surname and yet he limped, almost mockingly when he approached him. That was most likely a trick of his mind, and he blinked his golden eyes rapidly to clear them. He had forgotten what joining Inferni was like, especially when the creature before you didn't know who you were. Part of Molo' would have even been happy to just waltz in, find his mother and talk to her and then leave... She would have been ashamed to see her son wanting to leave Inferni again. Images of the nightmarish Kaena flashed like hot iron in his mind and he shivered, barely perceptible to the mutt standing over him, demanding question. He stayed calm on the outside, and as though it was just casual conversation he answered quietly and efficiently. It was a rather personal question and one that he didn't want to answer but creatures on the borders had that right.

"I have never lived for myself. I have helped raise the pups that now populate this pack and have done everything to teach them to kill those wolves that stand in their way. My mind began to create nightmares and I ran since I didn't want to be a burden on the clan. I only come back because life on my own is driving me mad. The nightmares won't stop unless I'm with my kin." It was as honest an answer as he could give and yet he felt dirty to let this, creature, even if it was most likely his relative, know. He let his head fall to his paws as he lay on the rather wet terrain, watching the paws of the creature as he took a step towards him and demand another answer. He was hungry and tired but he gathered his strength together and stood, still maintaining a non-violent stance towards the Inferni clan member he simply said,

"I'm Molochai de Odi Lykoi. Son of Kaena Lykoi and Ahren de le Poer." Said that way he almost sounded like royalty.

[/html]
There was little that Enigma could actually say against the male's answer to his question, after all he had come to the clan with woven fabrications of being the son of a once well respected clan member, the son of their Aquila and with the impression that he would be welcome with open arms. Instead as the tables had turned he lost his cocky attitude quickly, realizing he was the scion of a traitor and was only welcome because the blood he shared with the rest of the clan. Enigma grunted and settled down on his haunches as he watched the male from the corner of his eye, raising his pawpad to his maw as he gave a couple rasps across the soft flesh, trying to coax the thorn to the surface as he thought back on his own reasons for seeking the clan and comparing them to this creature before him. Though there was little likeness in their tales they had both ended up on the cusp of the lands with little more than a name and a desire.

Feeling the catch of the thorn against his tongue the young dusky gold de le Poer bit into his pad, catching hold of the briar as he spat the sharp bit of plant to the ground between them. He looked down at the male who seemed so pathetic in that stance, as though Enigma actually had some sort of power over him. He sighed softly as he grumbled. "Get up, you look a fool.." His words silly enough for the male had already come to his feet before they were finished as he gave the real answer that Enigma was searching for. Just who he really was. The younger bloodkin straightened as those dark pools sought the golden orbs of his relative as he responded. "I'm Enigma.. you're my uncle." he said finally, not giving away who his father was but if the male took a moment he wouldn't have to give away those words from his own maw. Even now after a moon to brood and bask in the truth he still refused to come to terms with the truth, with what he really was.
[html]
Wow I missed RPing. I'm particularly dense when it comes to colors but Enigma has the same color eyes as Vitium right?

He could only watch out of the corner of his golden eye as the yet unnamed male raised his paw to his mouth and began to lick it. That was the paw he was avoiding, was there actually something wrong with it? He had hoped his mind had been playing tricks on him, like the shadows of the skulls masquerading as full wolves. During the silence while the mutt dealt with his paw the black-backed male thought of his mother, his family and wondered again why he was even considering this, would the nightmares stop? Flashes of fire, smoke, burning, screaming and he shuddered. He would seek out his mother once this joining process was over with and speak with her. Only a demon could chase away the demons in his mind and the one eyed demon he called his beloved Mother would be his first choice. He just worried who ruled Inferni now, was it still Gabe? Then with a bite and a swish the thorn flew to the ground and Molochai moved away from it. No wonder the creature was limping. He muttered for Molochai to get up and golden eyes narrowed and looked from ground to him rather confused - he already was up.

That was when the male told him his name, Enigma and followed it up with his relation. Molochai was an uncle. Which brother or sister brought this creature into the world? He looked him over for any tell-tale signs and noticed the eyes. Those eyes, those were Vitium's eyes transplanted into another body and somewhere in him something shivered. He didn't know who of his family lay in those borders and what spawn they had brought about into the world but he knew he wanted to know. "Hello then Enigma, nephew." He would say nothing of his parents, if Enigma didn't present the information then Molochai had no reason to ask, he would have done the same if he wasn't so deeply proud of his own heritage. Family shouldn't stand in the way though and he straightened, turning his attention to this whole matter of joining Inferni and finding his mother. "Does Gabriel still hold throne over Inferni? I need to speak with a leader if I'm to join my family again." And find Mother... but he said nothing of that. Polite but to the point, no need to be nasty to nephew, he seemed to have a rough enough life as it was. Then again, didn't all those with the Lykoi/de le Poer bloodline?

[/html]
ooc- yeah, that's about the only thing that relates him to Vitium. :p

The two seemed to be playing a never ending game, each studying the other, silently waiting for the truth to come forth, or lies in place to believe. Enigma had no clue what in the world he was really doing besides baring the path to Inferni from this male, though it was becoming more and more obvious that indeed this was a creature from the clan's past. He grunted slightly as he came to accept the facts and let the man be. He wasn't for certain if he trusted the male even if they were related, there seemed to be something twisted with the fellow that wasn't made exceptionally clear and these terrors he had made the male wonder if perhaps oneday he would turn on another. He pushed the grave thoughts to the back of his mind quickly though as the breath he'd held for the past few moments slowly hissed between his teeth.

Enigma realized that the other was studying him once again and when those golden orbs met his walnut hued eyes he cast his eyes to the side but he could already realize that his uncle had realized who had spawned him. With those haunted eyes it was hard for anyone not to know. He merely nodded his head as Molochai greeted him, keeping his eyes lowered until the male asked for one of the leaders to reclaim his rightful place in the clan. Enigma finally raised those eyes to meet Molochai's as he spoke, "Gabriel still leads the clan.." but he didn't say if he was going to call for the male or not, instead he turned away a distance, slinking into the shadows as though he was going to leave.

There was nothing but silence for a moment until the hybrid lifted his maw and called for the authority figures in the clan. He didn't know who would come running but he almost expected Gabriel over the other. He'd never spied the subleader since he'd arrived but he'd heard she had a daughter that tended to keep her a mite busy. He turned his eyes back to the stranger who was also family, not knowing if the male could even see him but Enigma could see the outline of the older fellow behind him. He would wait, though he felt like just disappearing into the darkness where no one could find him, greeting the stranger at the border brought up memories of his own first greeting on these lands.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/temp/gabetop.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:216px; padding-left:9px; padding-right:9px; padding-bottom:9px;">

The call pulled the doggish Aquila from his night-patrol, and sent him due east of his original course. It surprised him to hear Enigma’s voice on the wind, in part because the boy had not yet shown the initiative his sister and brother had—indeed, Gabriel had not seen much of the golden hybrid since he had joined. Even though Jael was the most obvious hybrid of the trio, there was potential in that vision, much as he saw with Anselm. Should Inferni one day look nothing like coyotes it would be peculiar, but the wolf blood gave them power, like it or not.
     What startled Gabriel was not that his nephew was hiding off in the bushes nearby (his smell betrayed him), but that his golden brother was waiting at the borders. He approached without hesitation, studying Molochai with his mother’s imposing eyes, and knew that something had happened. It was blatantly obvious, even though he had not seen his brother since directly after the fire. “I should have expected you would have come back after she did,” he said lowly, tone neither surprised nor chiding. “I take it you met our nephew,” he added, and shot a glance towards the shadows where the boy lingered.

[/html]
[html]

Enigma answered his question and then called for Gabriel or whoever else helped lead Inferni. Molochai began to feel nervous and he couldn't quite understand why the feeling was settling in his stomach over the thought of his brother coming to meet him. What would the de le Poer leader say or think of his long absence from Inferni and then asking to be taken back in again? Part of him thought that it simply didn't matter, he had to find his mother and speak with her and after the fire he had decided to live for himself; for his needs and wants. Gold eyes were cast toward where Enigma had gone to call and he let out a deep breath he hadn't realized he was holding. He hated having plans that hinged upon others' reactions.

It didn't take long for Gabriel to arrive and Molochai lowered his head in greeting of his brother. His posture shifted slightly, respect even for a blood relative was still respect and couldn't help but chuckle at Gabe's words. Was he that predictable? Did Gabriel think him so pathetic that he would come running back simply because his Mother had returned? That was partially true but he didn't want to divulge the nightmares and the terror he felt at times to his more powerful sibling. Instead he looked at where Enigma was to consider his thoughts and then, gently wagging his tail he sighed. "Am I that predictable Gabriel? I suppose I have come back to see her again but also to be with my kin again." His brother had more scars than he had before and that didn't surprise Molochai in the least.

Conversation turned to his nephew and he nodded again. "Yes, Enigma's been rather helpful if a bit demanding, no surprise he lives here or of his bloodline." He paused to consider his words, he wanted to be eloquent without begging but found no other way but to ask directly. "Can you accept me back brother? I've had enough of the loner life to last me a lifetime." He shifted his weight off the previously broken limb and wondered how his Mother was doing now.

[/html]
Enigma really had no clue what to think of the golden male that was now to be called his uncle. He had heard the name along with the rest of Vitium's litter once upon a time but he had never stood out like Gabriel had. Enigma's mind was set to puzzling away the news that he was taking in while the sound of the Aquila's paws catch his ears. He was silent for there was nothing he could say or needed to say. Molochai there on the borders said it all. He just turned and followed Gabriel back to where his brother stood waiting and listened to the two exchanging their words.

He couldn't help but pin his ears back when Gabriel spoke of him as he stopped short of where the two were finally, knowing that he was being rude lurking out of sight but unlike Gabriel who in his eyes had a steady hold on his life Enigma's had taken a turn and now he was stuck at a fork in the road with no idea which way to turn. His dark orbs raised to look up at Molochai as he spoke about him in turn, a soft grunt at him speaking of his bloodlines, the younger male assuming he meant his father.. but not wanting to snap out about his dislike for the sire who was no good to him now. Instead he just turned to look towards Gabriel to see what the verdict would be.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/temp/gabetop.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:216px; padding-left:9px; padding-right:9px; padding-bottom:9px;">

Just as Gabriel had gained further scars, Molochai had lost much of his former mass. At one point, the golden son had been able to contend with his sable-brushed brother in weight and build. Now, though, the time on the road had managed to wear him down. Still, the bone structure of his brother remained the same—with some time, food, and work, he would be returned to his former strength. The thought of this pleased Gabriel, who smiled at it—though his timing coincided with Molochai’s response.
     Indeed he should have expected his brother to return. After all, Molochai would have followed Kaena to the ends of the earth. At least, that was what Gabriel believed he would do. A low exhale from his nose came at the mention of Enigma. “Certainly,” he replied, smiling in that peculiar fashion. “Inferni could do well to have you back.”

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.