Listen to the rain
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

Oh, why had she done this? What could have possibly possessed her to go out on a rainy day? The fragile, petite blind girl did not know. All she knew, was that it hadn't been raining when she had started her small trek, but it certainly was raining now. She had set out towards the cave where Jac had called for the pack celebration, wondering if he had spent the past few, rainy days there brewing booze and waiting out the storm. He hadn't returned to the house to check on her, and in turn the loyal sidekick was beginning to worry. Perhaps, she had been a little bored today, but the past few days hadn't been boring. Heath had come to visit her, which she had found to be an immensely enjoyable experience. However, he had been the only one. Everyone else seemed to be away, likely avoiding the rain, as she should have been doing.

The slate and ivory border collie hadn't intended to be gone long, but the wet, slippery ground had made her trip to the cave slow. She hadn't even made it halfway before the rain had begun to pour again. Now, she was soaked, her relatively thin coat soaking up the water far faster than the coat of a wolf. Dogs were not as well suited to the elements as their pointy-eared cousins. This, Ruri was uncomfortably aware of as she struggled to make her way back to her cabin. However, the slender optime somehow managed to stray from one of her memorized routes. It was likely the torrent around her that had disoriented the she-dog, but now she was heading towards a completely different abode, one that she was not familiar with.

Her unfamiliarity with the structure became immediately apparent when she felt for the porch, only to discover that there wasn't one, only a single door sheltered by an overhanging portion of the roof. With her soft, white furred hands, Ruri did her best to jiggle open the doorknob and rush inside. Her sensitive nose immediately recognized the dusty smell of the home's interior, as well as the lack of familiar scents. "W-where am-m I?" she questioned, her whole body shivering and soaked with the cold rain. Immediately she scolded herself for having ventured out of the nice warm house to go look for Jac in the middle of a rainstorm. Now, she was in an unfamiliar house, soaking wet, without anything to keep her warm. She did her best to shake herself to rid herself of the excess water, although this was difficult to do in her bipedal form. Still, she was cold, wet, and confused. The blind duchess did not like this situation one bit

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... rtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Walking with a fast trot Faler's ears were pinned to her skull as the water beat down on her sandy body, contrasting eyes searched for something anything to get her out of this rain. Rain, rain, rain. Faler was starting to get very tried of rain. Moving her once fluffy bouncy coat was now a wet mess heavy with water as it stuck to her skin, the tanned coat darkened as most of it pulled down.

Faler wasn't a vain creature, ok maybe she can be but mainly she liked to look her best. Not this, though she usually likes the rain today she isn't in the damn mood for it. Paw splashed into a puddle as she came to a quick stop, head lowered as her gaze settled on a cabin ahead of her. Well that seems to be my only option. Moving forward she was much slower as her tail was slightly raised, Faler was a tad bit nervous about running full on into a house. In another packlands. This happens she she goes out exploring, great.

"Fucking rain.." Her eyes looked bright as the tanned female moved closer to the closed door, slowly putting her paw up her nose pushed the door fully open. Who ever is here didn't seem to shut it all the way. Faler sniffed the air as she moved, stopping in the open door way with water droplets falling onto the wooden floor. With one quick strong shack Faler threw most of the water out of her coat, sending it scattering into the room. Blinking her gaze moved to the strange thing in the room, she is like that man she meet. The idea of wolves with to legs still was strange to her as she sniffed loudly as she watched the other, not moving or speaking the thunder outside was very loud.
Profile & Postlog [/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

The blind female heard the sound of someone else entering the cabin. Her sensitive nose told her that it was not someone she knew and the slate and ivory girl immediately turned in the direction of the stranger. A loud clap of thunder came from outside, leaving her sensitive ears ringing for a moment. Her whole body still shivered from the large amount of water clinging to her feathery fur. So, she resigned herself to shifting down to her lupus form. She normally would not do this in the presence of a stranger, but she was so cold and wet she didn't really care how small she was in her quadrupedal form. Once shifted down, the petite border collie shook her fur to remove the water from it. Her long, flowing fur hung down in long, stringy, damp strands. While she wasn't warm, at least she wasn't as wet as she had been a moment ago.

Now that she was no longer soaked, the blind girl again turned her attention to the stranger that had entered the home. "Wh-who are you?" She stammered, her teeth chattering as she spoke. She really didn't like this current situation. She was in a strange house, with a strange person, cold, without anything to keep her warm. She cursed herself inwardly for being so foolish. This had been the same way Haku had found her. She'd gotten bored, gone out exploring, and gotten lost. She had specifically told herself she would never do that again and yet, here she was. The petite border collie was having a run of bad luck it seemed.

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... rtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Faler stood still just listening to the sounds around her, eyes locked onto the other wolf or dog in the room that had changed it's shape. Faler wasn't sure what she should do. Ears pinned on her wet skull her tail hung dead still behind her, the water dropping onto the floor was over shadowed by the rain outside. The tan female narrowed her eyes on the other female as she spoke, Faler could see her fairly well but it was clear that the girl was cold. Glancing down she didn't even notice her own paw shivering. It might only be the slightly but Faler knew she was cold as well.

Claws clicked on the floor as Faler turned back to the door, using her shoulder and her head she pushed it shut with a click. Now the rain wasn't as loud but the thunder wasn't dulled by it. Breathing Faler could feel the girls uneasiness, she was nervous or maybe uncomfortable, slowly her ears turned as she though to herself about the other person. Faler's voice was smooth but it might have been dark but she doesn't care, speaking she moved to the couch that was a ways from the other female. But she won't turn her back on her. "I got caught in the storm so relax, this packlands isn't my home but I'm guessing it's yours." Pausing Faler looked over her wondering why the girl looked odd."Faler, Faler Cerber is my name." Ears back again she stared at the other one intensely.
Profile & Postlog [/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

Ruri listened to the woman's claws clicking on the floor as she walked around. When she announced that she wasn't from Cour des Miracles, Ruri's head turned to the side in mild curiosity. Where was she from then? That would have to wait, however, as the woman introduced herself as Faler Cerber. Doing her best to stop her teeth from chattering, Ruri replied, "M-my n-name's R-Ruri Aceline, D-duchess of C-cour des M-Miracles. N-nice to m-meet you, Faler." Despite her best efforts, the ivory and slate hued border collie couldn't keep her shivering from stuttering her speech. Even though she wasn't dripping with water anymore, the dampness combined with the cooler temperatures, odd as they were for a summer day, were chilling the slender female to the bone. However, Ruri did her best to be polite, after all this woman was a stranger in the packlands and Ruri was the duchess. It was only right that she be hospitable. "W-what brings you h-here?" she inquired, doing her best to smile through her chattering teeth, her pale-blue, useless eyes wandering randomly in the general direction of Faler's voice. Why would anyone venture out in the rain, into strange packlands? Ruri at least had stayed within Cour des Miracles, although that really didn't diminish the questionable nature of her actions. At least asking about Faler's reasons might end up being a good conversation starter.

[/html]
[html]

Faler didn't like this much, the feeling in the cold cabin was not great but now her tan bouncy coat was thick and wet an is now starting to make her body colder then ever. Looking around the cabin Faler was getting used to these old human homes, but the strange demons she was not so easily with. She does believe every land has its own god, and with each god in turn has their demons and monsters. So monsters were real after all. Her shining bi-colored eyes snapped back to Ruri as she spoke, her chattering teeth made Faler notice her own body trying to fight the chill. Paws and legs shaking as her jaw chattered and her muscles twitched, yes everything was cooled now

Shifting her weight Faler's claws clicked on the ground as she moved slightly forward, listening to her words and taking everything in. This was indeed a packland, and one she isn't found of at that. Faler was surprised to her voice, at first it was shakey but then it roughened."Ruri.." Locking her jaw seemed to help the shacking but she couldn't help but inhale sharply. This is a great day indeed as a growl of frustration rattled her chest, lowering her hind legs to a sit she made more noise as she legs start to move more and more agaisnt her will.."I was j-just..looking around at the neighbours. Not like I w-willing invade"

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

ooc: Sorry, short post. My brain does not want to work this morning

Ruri listened to Faler expressing her frustration over the current situation. Admittedly the delicate collie girl didn't like it much either, but she would attempt to make the best of things. As such, the slate and ivory girl did her best to force her jaws to stop chattering so that she could speak clearly. "We w-welcome visitors in our lands...s-so long as they treat the inhabitants with r-respect. I-I'm sorry your visit was on a day with such p-poor weather." The lautari did her best to show that she was deeply sorry for the circumstances of Faler's visit. These packlands were a truly wondrous place to explore, even for a blind girl, when they were not soaking wet with rain. Hopefully Faler's impression of these lands would not be tainted by this ill weather. That would be most unfortunate.

Feeling that the silence might only serve to hurt the situation further, Ruri quickly thought up of some sort of conversational topic to keep the talking going. "Where are you from Faler? Is your pack nearby?" she questioned, doing her best to sit up straight and look in the woman's general direction. Hopefully a good conversation would take both of their minds off of the chilly, wet atmosphere. At least, that had been part of the idea anyway.

[/html]
[html]

Looking at the other girl Faler couldn't stop her legs from shaking from the chill that filled the house, rain pouring down an the thunder outside didn't help her feel any better either. Her went ear pulled back on her tanned skull at the voice of the strange woman, though her colors are interesting in her contrasting eyes. Ruri's words made he chuckle in a slightly ironic way. "I h-haven't done n-nothing wrong. My l-luck that it'll f-f-fucking p-pour." Faler's normal smooth voice was a mess as her teeth clicked together from the cold that seemed to stick to her body.

Watching the female it started to dawn on her that something was up with the mutts sight, by the way she was looking at her as well the way her eye itself looked. During the few moments of silent the tanned wolf leaned forward slightly with her bright eyes examing the other girl, panting in even breaths Faler finally got it. She was blind. "Pack, oh i-im from P-phoenix Valley Taking in a deep breath Faler spoke out to her. "does this happen often to-to you? Getting s-stuck in a d-down pour that is?"

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

Ruri listened and smiled as Faler made a joke about the rain. Hopefully the storm would pass soon enough. She wanted to get home and get warm. However, as a loud clap of thunder shook the house, Ruri began to doubt that she and Faler would be getting out of this house anytime soon. The slate and ivory girl continued to shiver. Fortunately, her fur was beginning to dry now that she was out of the rain. That was a good sign. "Ph-Phoenix V-valley? N-never heard of it...b-but that d-doesn't mean m-much. I've n-never left...th-these lands s-since I got here," she stuttered, doing her best to keep smiling. She was willing to bet that by now Faler had figured out she was blind. It didn't take people very long to make that discovery. "T-to be p-perfectly honest...n-no it d-doesn't. I...w-was t-trying to find m-my friend. I th-though he was st-staying in a c-cave n-nearby. H-he w-wasn't there. I g-got lost t-trying to g-get back home. I-I'm usually a lot b-better at g-getting around than this," she confessed, her half-folded ears falling back embarrassedly. Still, despite her shivering, Ruri was doing her best to keep smiling and being her normal friendly self. Faler was a visitor, and therefore a guest, so it was Ruri's job as the only present member of the royal court to make the woman feel welcome.
[/html]