the only answer at a time like this
[html]

"Of course we want you! Of course!" She blurted out rather suddenly, snapping her jaws shut with a tight click once she realized her sudden outburst. He couldn't expect her to not be excited, especially at the prospect of him coming to live in Storm, in the same pack that she was in. So many things had gone wrong, had twisted away from the path that she had expected them to take, but now the prospect of something grand happening was bringing her hopes back. Smiling wide, completely in a daze by the moments that had been granted with him, Phasma slid herself forward some, legs curled up near her body, which came to rest against the gray fur of her beloved Tsunami. She'd sit like that for as long as she could, for as long as he would allow her to, and she would speak to him of the things he asked about.

"Aremys.." It was Aremys when he was last with his family, wasn't it? "Shortly after you were washed away, we were attacked by Inferni. Kaena, she killed children, defenseless children, and they forced us from the lands. I called for retreat to the Moaning Wood and we decided it would be safer to stay there. Part of what was Syemv is now the coyote's home, including the house." It had been a sad turn of events, the start of all the horrible things that would come. "It was hard for us, not just the children and I, but for the people who'd been used to living in the house in Syemv. I decided, not to long after that, that I would take whoever wanted to come with me, we'd move to teh city and I would refound Syemv. Physe and a few others came to Storm, the rest followed me and we built ourselves a small community in the city." It was one of the better decisions that she'd ever made, everyone had been so happy there. "It was wonderful there, it really was, but it didn't last more than a few months. Eventually our numbers dropped to nothing and I was forced to disband those who were left behind."

It had been a painful decision but one that she had to make for the sake of those who were left. Phasma paused then, for a short moment, slate eyes washing across his face as she sat against him. "I found Ire's body only the day after and Willow has been missing ever since the day that I had to disband Syemv." She had a feeling that Willow had discovered Ire's body before she had, that it might have been the reason she would have run off. "Gibraltar left Storm some time ago, something about losing to many people to be able to stay. Phoenix, a friend of mine, took over. I came to see him and his mate, Iskata, they had pups, and Phoenix took me aside and invited me to Storm as his Gamma. I've been here ever since then." Of course, a story often brought about more questions, especially if the one listening knew some of the characters.

[/html]
[html]
PROZACS--

PROZACSThe lady's reaction to his suggestion of joining made him feel strangely happy for a brief second. The new alpha's scent was familiar, but it wasn't one Tsunami had ever known personally. It was a good thing, a clean slate, a reason for trying again. Tsunami wanted -- as usual -- everything to work out. Perfect, like the Earth itself, perfect, like his own view of the world. It was hope that fueled this view; long ago had he discarded the rose-coloured glasses. Yes, he would come home, and everything would start again. Come home and begin, he told himself. Come home. The wolf was simultaneously sad and happy, because it was possible to be both at the same time, and even the lady was silent. Home.

PROZACSAnd the story, the words that would quench Tsunami's thirst for knowledge further. Aremys, that was right; the house on the beach, the packlands the pirates had ruled over, Tsunami would always know of it as Syemv. The name was a stamp in his head, and his memory was fuzzy as a newborn puppy. The story wasn't very nice. His story regarding their wild-eyed son hadn't been very nice either, or so he'd thought... but this was worse. He had missed much and Phasma had shouldered a lot without him, and he couldn't shirk the fact he felt some responsibility. Again, a thousand times again -- I should have been there. There was always such pressure to do the right thing, but what was the right thing? When Ire came up again, the mention of his body, Tsunami briefly shut his one good eye as if hiding from the world. If he couldn't see it, it couldn't see him, surely. A child's innocence. It came and went in too short a time to measure. The dark angel had been through so much.

PROZACSIskata? Is she here? So she was still around; hopefully she was doing better than when he had known her. A slave to a monster. Any friend of his deserved better. Mated? That's good news, and he smiled for a second. There were questions pressing on his mind, slowly swelling in his skull until he could no longer avoid them. Phasma... what happened to Ire? How? How did he die? A delicate question, and he almost didn't want to ask. He almost didn't want to know. The truth would hurt a million times more than any truth he could have come up with himself.

[/html]
[html]

Had it not been for Phoenix pulling her aside that day, Phasma would likely still be wandering the lands in search of something meaningful. Had Iskata not encouraged her to stay, she wouldn't be living this stage of her life in such a secure place. Sadly, Iskata and Phoenix were the only two people that she had left to hang on to at that point. Things had taken a drastic change though, Tsunami was here with her now, telling her that he would stay and that he would be joining Storm. He was telling her that everything would finally be okay and that alone brought the life back to the dull lady. He was now here to pull her out of the terrible pit that she'd fallen in and she wouldn't ever be able to show him how thankful for that she was.

"She is here." Phasma answered softly, smiling at the life that her friend had made for herself. "She is the Alpha's mate, they had four children." Four beautiful children at that, and there was no doubt in the raven woman's mind that the two of them together would raise them well. All she could hope for was that they had better luck with their family than she had with her own. "Ire.." The name was spoken softly, drowned in sadness at just the thought of him. "I found him in the Yawrah. He'd been beaten up fairly badly and..eaten." The last part was the hardest for her, more-so because of the knowledge that she held inside of her. Laruku had eaten him, or whatever foul beast he claimed lived inside of him. Phasma still wasn't so sure about all of it, she hadn't seen him since that day.

"I took him to Ames de la Mort." She said slowly, her voice cracking and threatening to break with quiet sobs. "I buried him on the hill." The very same hill that Tsunami had found her on that day.

[/html]
[html]
PROZACS--

PROZACSLikewise, as the dark lady explained Iskata's situation to him, he found himself knowing -- hoping -- that they'd do a better job than he had. Sometimes things were out of your control, but Tsunami hadn't been able to save his adopted kids, his nieces and his nephew, and he hadn't even been able to really help the sister who gave birth to them. Watching one of your children die before your eyes was a haunting experience, and Tsunami would still have given his life to bring Hazel and Muse back. And like Willow, he had no idea where the others were, whether they were still alive either. So many things had vanished into the sinking sands of time, but he knew now there was fuck-all nothing he could do about it. Brooding never brought anyone back. But Iskata, from the sound of it, had to have been doing a lot better. Phasma had excellent judgement, and if there was no sign of concern for the white Sadira, then surely things were going well. Tsunami was glad; he had considered Iskata a good friend, and regretted having left her as well without any hint or sign of where he was going.

PROZACSThe sturdy gray wolf had to know. Whatever had happened to Ire, it was his right to know, but even so, he felt a pang of regret for bringing it up again. How he hated to see that sadness in her eyes and hear it in her voice; it hurt him by proxy, and in his mind he reached out to lift the suffocating weight from her shoulders. To no avail; this was something only time would be able to fix, and even then, it would never be perfect. But the boy hadn't just died. Beaten up? He had been murdered, and buried on the hill. Tsunami knew exactly which one she was talking about; the one on which he had learnt his brother was a rapist. The yellow-eyed werewolf buried the knowledge in the back of his mind with the resolve to go see the gravesite later. His face, normally so expressive, seemed placid but steadfast. Determined. He had to know. And yet there, still, was a hint of an apology in his voice. Who did it? If she knew, he would know, and after knowing, he would decide what would be done. you gotta do what you gotta do. At least someone was smiling.

[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the wait on this, I had to go on Absentee rather unexpectedly. Short so I can try and catch everything up. ;;

The raven lady had yet to find the words to explain who had killed her beloved son, she hadn't even figured out how to explain it herself. Laruku had seemed so upset that day, so broken at the talk of Ire. Something else was inside him, he'd said, and Phasma wanted so badly to believe that it had to be the truth, that it was the only way that he would ever do such a thing. Still, though, the trembling mother hadn't known what to believe. Hell, he'd even told Phasma to kill him and, perhaps, for a short time she'd considered it. Phasma couldn't kill though, even if the beast had taken her child.

Confused, even a bit hesitant, her eyes searched the face of the gray scale male for a moment, completely unsure. She hadn't told anyone, couldn't bring herself to admit that it was Laruku and he was just trying to make excuses to get away with it. This situation was different though, Tsunami wasn't just people who randomly asked when they found out, this was their father. "Laruku said that there is something inside of him and it was that thing who did it." It sounded completely crazy to her and it was apparent in her voice how little she seemed to believe it. Tsunami knew the hybrid Alpha much better than she though, perhaps he'd think there was some truth there.

[/html]
[html]

it's all good :]

cradle me in your crooked heart
So what had happened to all those promises? The naive yellow-eyed wolf had believed, he had held faith in that which he loved, he had thrown himself into the fire. Blind and deaf and dumb, he had believed. On that crisp autumn day when the sun had smiled on the earth, and the leaves blew in lifeless trails on the ground around his feet, on that beautiful afternoon as the Earth still turned and the Mother Moon waited her turn to reign over the helpless planet's creatures, Tsunami had left something behind. But he had still believed, because true love was forever. He believed, because he was smart but not wise, cynical but not jaded. He believed because he had to, so thoroughly that without it he would have become nothing without it.

He remembered meeting Laruku later on. The hybrid had smiled a toothy grin that simply shone with malice. And it would have belied his once-beautiful red eyes if they had not altogether become someone else's. There had been someone else pulling the puppet strings that day and Tsunami had known it -- he was crazy, and the insane always knew these things. That smile, those eyes, they had threatened to eat his children and Tsunami had promised that if that happened, he would die. What had happened to the forevers? What had happened to all those times he'd said he'd never leave? All those times when everything clicked in his head, when everything made sense, when the words flowed from his tongue like he read directly from a poetry book? Love songs and words of courtship. I'll change the world, just for you.

He didn't believe anymore.

On the outside, Tsunami looked calm. He was in the eye of the storm, the dead center, safe from Mother Nature's wrath. He wanted to change the world for the beautiful woman kneeling before him. He'd always been the romantic type and that had not changed in the least. Perhaps it really wasn't that he didn't believe anymore. Because ultimately, nothing had changed. Maybe he just didn't believe in the past. Things that had gone by. They were long dead, the mismatched pair. Long dead, and now so was his son. Eaten. That was what had happened to the promises: most had been thrown by the wayside. That one had been kept.

He smiled at Phasma. He wanted to stay and hold her, tell her that everything would be fine, remind her that she was loved and chase that despair from her eyes, but he knew what he needed to do. When he came back, there would be time for that. I'll come back, he told her in a soft whisper. I promise. He hugged her then, holding her tightly for a brief second. Then he stood and left. The determination in his eye, the detachment, maybe gave away his intentions. She knew him like few others did. But he would return to her: that he did believe.

[/html]