Night stock to Aisle 4
[html]

.......out of character

Ever since she'd found her brother while wandering around Crimson Dreams, the young girl had been interested in going to other places. Jefferson had gotten it stuck into her head that she should stay around Phoenix Valley and that bad things would happen to her if she left the packlands...but she was discovering otherwise. So far most of the trouble she had gotten into had happened inside PV anyway! She wanted to explore more, to do more than she had when she was younger. Now she was a full adult member of the pack, and she could do what she wanted whether Jefferson liked it or not.

So that was what she was doing today. The short-furred wolf gave a light yawn as she looked up at the morning sky, the sun just peeking over the horizon. It had taken a little while to get to this territory, and she'd had to wake up early, but she was prepared for it. She'd wanted the whole entire day to do whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted. And right now what she wanted to do was visit the pack that claimed so much of the lands to the northwest of them.

Blue and yellow eyes widened as she neared the border area, taking in the many strong scents. They had three leaders here? They probably needed three, to keep the lands maintained...but still. The leaders' scents were very strong, and instinct made her stop before she crossed into their territory. She sat down patiently to wait, the strange new smells filling her head. This pack smelled different than Phoenix Valley, but it was a smell that she could get used to. It was kind of nice. The brown-and-cream wolf looked about, waiting to see if someone might chance upon her.

[/html]
[html]
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/libri/hakuban.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
(500)

The man was starting to direct those unasked questions to himself and himself alone. There was a reason why things were as they were despite his need to push every fragment of blame over to someone else. He had always preferred the darkness and the slowed down atmosphere after the sun had exited the horizon and left the lands in that darkness that magnified danger in a weak individual’s eyes. The Lilium had usually spent his days being most active, but his sleeping pattern was slowly changing; granting him late hours when the rest of the world was asleep. He knew that demonic beauty with the pitch black coat lived her life now. He felt a dull ache in a body, barely noticeable. He had been empty, but he had not lacked much overall except for that blood that nurtured his damaged mind. Now the chocolate man was slowly realizing that he did want something more, but was far from certain of what exactly he ached for. He just knew that it had something to do with her.

His body dragged itself along the borders despite the heavy after match of sleep circulating slowly through his veins. It was too early to be up and about in his opinion. Perhaps he should feel uneasy patrolling the borders now when he was aware that another group of canines wanted him punished for his evil deeds, but Haku had forgotten what fear was before he had turned one year of age. Although he strived for the future, Haku was a beast living in the presence, and everything would be dealt with as it popped up. If death came upon him then that would be alright too. He did not fear death. He was the bringer of chaos and knew well where he would go when his soul parted with the vessel. He accepted what he was and what would become of him in the afterlife. He was the devil’s spawn and would return down once his work was done here. Lillith was a sign. Perhaps it would soon be over.

The scent of Phoenix Valley caused no alarms to ring off in his head. It was the secui’s half brother that was leading those lands now, along with that nosy bastard, Davinci or something like that. Of course Haku had to be related to everyone. People seemed to find it important. Young Jael had seemed to judge his mother’s side of the family because Haku carried her blood and her name. The blue eyed demon found this amusing. He only hoped Colibri Soul was still alive so that she could witness that new betrayal of her youngest with her own, silvery eyes. The Lilium of Dahlia de Mai slowed down when he closed in on the young female, his general stance clearly showing off dominance, although he was far from hostile. ”What do you need?” the male wondered silently when he was close enough. He slowed down to a halt and let his brilliant gaze wash over her. She was not ugly on the eye.

[/html]
[html]

.......out of character

The spirited young adult watched the area around her with sharp eyes, waiting for some kind of movement. A brown hare lept from the brush and ran for its hole, but Addison was sitting on top of it. The animal's eyes got a bit wider when it realized that and it darted to go around her to the other entrance to its den. She watched it with interest, taking the sight at something that she could use to pass the time. She looked about for other wildlife, noting the wide variety of animals that this territory hosted. And this was only its border.

Addison stood up as another wolf came into view. So far she had been unable to shift. She didn't see much of an advantage to that form yet. At least, that's what she told herself to keep from getting angry about it. It was useless to get upset because she hadn't learned it yet. So for now she had decided that shifting was stupid and that she didn't want to take part in it.

The male before her smelled like the borders of the land--was he a leader? He looked very regal, his coat of earthen hues and eyes as deep as the ocean itself. He had to be a leader. She cowered before him as was expected of a wolf in her position, tail tucked between her legs, ears back. "'scuse me, Sir. But I just came here to see what this pack was all about. My grandma lives here, I think. Deuce? I thought she might show me around. My adopted dad, Jefferson, he told me not to wander around...but I want to see what there is to see. Sir." She added as an afterthought.

[/html]
[html]
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/libri/hakuban.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
(300)

Haku had eventually found his preferred form after spending a few years between those three. He had in the end found the Halfling form to his liking, inspired by Gabriel in the holy house of his God. It happened that the blue eyed murderer chose two legs instead four. It was either or. The plain wolf form had been abandoned for good, though not by choice. He was unable to go back that that original size and shape. He had never expected such a block to arise, but he knew why this was. Although bi-coloured eyes were far from unheard of, there were not too many of those that had it around, although more than the statistical average. These lands and their inhabitants had never been a part of what was seen as average though. These souls liked to bleed.

No sign of recognition was revealed when the girl’s grandmother was mentioned. The teenage girl seemed to be rather outdated. It was a while since Deuce’s treacherous scent had lingered in the air. He knew not what had become of the pale woman, and he was not certain if he cared. Once, they had managed to forge an odd yet pleasant friendship. Once, they had been lovers. Once, he had been the father of her youngest child. Once upon a time and in another reality. His feelings had run dry long before the pale woman disappeared. The child was long gone as well; he had never been given the chance to get to know Willow properly. Truth be told, it was for the best. The second name mentioned in her speech was also recognized, but that recognition did not reach the surface of his cool features either.

Along with the seconds came the silence. The Lilium remained still for a few moments after her voice had faded before he raised his own voice in reply. ”Deuce Rhiannon is no longer here.” was the simple reply from the large secui. He was not sure if he understood what the girl meant when she had said that she had come to see what the Dahlia de Mai pack was all about. He wondered if he should simply ask, but decided to skip it, at least for time being. ”If Jefferson is your adopted father, then I suppose I am your adopted uncle. Jefferson is my half brother.” Why he bothered to share such information, he did not know. Perhaps he wanted to see her reaction.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... able_1.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She had no religion and no rules, really. She went in and out of Phoenix Valley as she pleased, for the most part. She had scars from where Halo's rats had bitten her flesh and torn her ear, but it wouldn't stop her from continuing to explore. The girl had taken her bandages off only the day before, her wounds covered by fresh pink skin. Addison took care of her personal hygiene and made sure that her cuts had been clean so that they could heal right, but she had never done much else to change her outward appearance. She was who she was, and didn't mind whether people thought that she looked pretty or plain. Unless it would benifit her in some way, anyway. So far she hadn't come across a situation that had required her to look anything other than normal.

"Oh. Well, I guess you'll do." She said, shrugging. And he was her...what? Adopted Uncle? She gave him a good look-over. They weren't blood related, so she didn't feel bad about just looking at him. His eyes were interesting, that color of blue. She looked at them once more before taking a few steps toward Dahlia. "Well, then...uncle. You gonna show me around? I don't even know your first name. Dad never said he had any family, other than the kids that came here looking for him. One was in our pack, even, but she ran off I guess."
[/html]
[html]
(300)

She guessed he would do? The male’s hackles rose ever so slightly at those words as they were filtered through his ears. Did she have any idea of who he was? He stared at her as she looked him over like some kind of thing that she should have no reason to fear. Oh, if only she knew. He was oblivious to the small injuries that could be found with keen eyes, because he simply did not bother to look her over. He just took in her whole figure at once, and she was pretty, young and fresh. She stepped slightly closer towards the lands, but the male did not tense. She was a child for fuck’s sake, so he was far from worried about keeping her out. If she was the adopted child of Jefferson, then it would be wise to not treat her like a bag of dirt. Haku had been known to behave poorly at the borders, but he saw that as a privilege and right. As long as the other leaders were not too informed about the horrible impressions he made, then everything was sunshine and daisies.

The girl’s next shower of words did not really surprise him. Maluki had not seemed to take a particular liking to Haku when they had randomly met in the neutral territories. However, that his big brother had kids, now that was somewhat interesting. Or, it could have been interesting. Haku decided that he did not care. ”Well, perhaps it’s just that he does not like his family.” the large secui shrugged, not really caring why Jefferson had never mentioned the giant family of his. ”I guess I can show you around though.” Suddenly, Haku smiled, slightly revealing those same fangs that had extinguished a life very recently. The blood and guts were gone, but the memories remained. Such beautiful memories of fulfilled desires. It was a shame that Lillith insisted to keep her freedom. Dahlia would have been much more pleasant with Lillith around.

”I’m Uncle Haku.” the man merrily added as he turned around and started walking into Dahlia, not bothering to check if she followed.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... able_2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He did have a rather nice rear end. Addison followed behind him, eyeing him for a moment before she caught up and walked alongside him. She had simply shrugged at his other words, about Jefferson not liking his family. It could be true. Addison didn't know how much she liked her own family, how much she really cared about Dierdre and Cerulean and Sirius. They hadn't even come to find her after she'd run off all those months ago...so why should she? "Do I have any other family here? I'm blood related to some...Crimson Dreams wolf, I think. A D'angelo. But it'd be nice to learn about this side. We're a good lookin' family."

She looked to the side, at the scenery of Dahlia. So far it was nice--very interesting. There were some types of plants and small animals here that she had never seen before, which intrigued her. She had thought that what they had in Phoenix Valley was the same as what everyone else had. "Dad's been hanging around with another wolf...she's nice, and all, but it's kind of annoying. She's always with him."

[/html]
[html]
(300)

His tail waved contently and confidently behind him, and he was aware of those few extra seconds the girl lingered behind before she came up to pad alongside him. Blue pools sought her face again as she asked if there was any other family around. A chocolate ear flickered quickly in thought before he shook his head. ”No one here, but there’s a Naniko D’angelo in Crimson Dreams, yes.” He only knew this because she was the leader of that pack. He did not give a damn about the many subordinates. The number of wolves mattered, but not the different individuals. Not really. However, the part where she revealed that she thought the Soul side of the family was good looking made him chuckle under his breath, though well loud enough for her to hear. Was that a sort of compliment meant for Haku? Those blue eyes studied her, knowing that yes, he was very good looking. It had never been an issue to find women, but these last months had been depressingly silent. He had forced females in the past, but had not done so lately except for with Svara. That satisfaction had lasted for a while now. It had been beautiful.

Haku did not notice the scenery at all as they walked. He never did. His eyes rested on her, though he made sure to let the gaze wander away from her from time to time so that she would not get too uncomfortable by his glowing gaze. He often did that. Her next lines sounded like proper teenage stuff though. ”Good thing, maybe he won’t be such a grumpy git if he gets laid.” the man bluntly said, not at all taking the female’s feelings into consideration. Haku could be quite direct and seldom added filters that usually were seen as necessary. It had been strange meeting Maluki, and Haku had thought the gimp’s body was too ruined to be loved by anyone. Well, he was the head of Phoenix Valley, and there were always people that sucked up to those in power. ”Bedding one’s leader seems to be a good way to climb high in the hierarchy though.” he added, of course assuming that this was the truth.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... able_2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
haha.

It was kind of nice to get out of the packlands every once in a while and see something else. Addison was into exploring, yes, but she ended up getting injured many of the times that she went out. Her experience with Halo had been horrifying--she almost hadn't gone back out again after that. She did like going new places and meeting new people, most of the time. She just had to learn to not be quite so trusting. Addi couldn't help but trust Haku, as she was on his territory...and she hoped that he would build trust with her too, over time. She could certainly be back to see him again.

"Yeah...that must be her. My real dad's a D'angelo." They walked alongside each other in relative silence. There didn't seem to be too much going on in the territory on this day, the lands appearing to be very quiet. Maybe it was going to rain, and that's why everything was so silent...she looked up toward the sky. There were some darker clouds gathering, but she estimated that it wouldn't rain until later in the day, probably while she was walking home. Fantastic.

The mid-toned wolf glanced up at Haku when he spoke next, brows knitting together a little. If Jefferson got what? He'd never explained such things to her before, and the girl hadn't had a real mother-figure in her life to help her out in that area either. What did it mean to "get laid"? To lay down? Perhaps Jeff would feel better if he took some time off and laid down every once in a while. "Everyone could benifit from a little of that." She replied.

Addison was a little jealous of Geneva, but she knew that the woman wasn't seeking to be a leader in their pack. Not actively, anyway. She did like Addi's father...but it was in a nice way and there wasn't any power involved. Geneva was a really good, friendly wolf. That was what made it so hard to dislike her. "Nah...Geneva's nice enough. I just don't want her around -all- the time, you know? I don't get any time with my dad any more, it feels like. Unless I'm hurt or in trouble. You get into much trouble here, Haku?"

[/html]
[html]
(300)

He did not give a damn about who the girl’s father was. He knew no D’angelo and was not interested at all in such an insignificant family line. Haku cared about few things, not even his own family. Not his children, and if he now had been given the information about his hidden litter of four together with Tayui, then he would simply have shrugged and walked away. Haku was probably one of the worst fathers there were around here. It was only natural. He had tried and failed. He never wanted any more bloody kids running about. It seemed that it was actually expected that a present father was going to take care of his kids, though he did not understand why this was. Parents left their children every day, but just because he did not flee the lands it did not necessarily mean that he wanted anything to do with his offspring. They would probably be better off without him anyway. He would definitely be better off without them.

A short and harsh laugh escaped his lips when the girl replied that everyone should benefit from getting laid. What the fuck, what did a girl like her know about such things? He looked at her, wondering if she was trying to pull of a joke or something in that direction. ”You think so?” he questioned her, interested in what she knew and thought about such things. It was through though. A good fuck could do well. ”Well, seems like he has a new woman in his life now. You’ll have to learn to share.” he said when the youth complained about this Geneva woman being around. He actually did know the wolf in question here, but he did not know her name. Unfortunately, Haku had saved her when she had been drowning in a river. The green eyed wolfess had seemingly fallen through the ice. Well stupid.

”As the leader of the pack, I leave it to Dahlia’s members to get into trouble.” This was not completely true though. Haku was the one getting both him and the rest of the pack into trouble, though he did not see it as such. ”Now and then perhaps, what about you, little Addison?”

[/html]
[html]
Table by Alli.

She should have known better than to act like she knew something when she really didn't. Addison kept her mouth quiet as she waited for his response, still unsure of what he had meant. He gave her an odd glance and she looked back, then away. Whoever Jefferson had in his life now...she was his child and she deserved attention too. She wanted a lot more attention than he was willing to give right now. She would go to other places to seek this sort of attention if she had to. A girl had to get by somehow, right?

Addison was interested in trouble--she liked seeing wolves get into trouble for things they'd done. And she liked causing trouble if she could, to those she didn't like. If he left it up to Dahlia's wolves to get into trouble, then she would do well to come here more often. "Trouble can be fun...if it's the right kind. I don't want to get injured...but it's funny if it's someone else."

[/html]
[html]
Pretty Addison table!

The man seemed to hesitate when her words sounded in the summer air. An ignorant girl, it seemed, quite unaware of the lurking danger that trouble often could bring. Or: it could be ignorance or something else. Haku did not believe in judging individuals harshly and quickly, yet he knew he did so alarmingly often. It did not bother him much though, because he was way above the usual trash that populated these lands. ”So what you say is that you actually enjoy when people get hurt?” he wondered with accusation going strong in his voice. Of course, Haku loved the direction his life was going in. There was blood, death and devoured souls. The demon seemed to reach a new level of bliss for every soul that was eaten. Haku full heartedly believed that he was taking the souls of the creatures he killed. Lesser creatures had no souls, but canines did. He would soon be invincible just as he already was immortal.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Hurt? What kind of a wolf did he think she was? She was barely an adult...she didn't want to hurt anyone, not after she'd gotten hurt. She just thought it was fun to get others into small amounts of trouble every once in a while. Play tricks on them, make them look bad...that was really fun. "Not hurt them physically...if that's what you mean. Just mess with them a little. Mess with their heads."

She didn't think that she could hurt someone else physically, at least not on purpose. She just liked having a good laugh at someone elses' expense, that was all.

[/html]
[html]
Haku had known quite a lot of corrupted youths in his days. Hell, he had been one himself. Messing with people’s heads, as she put it, was merely the first step towards that same road he had walked on for years. He nodded, pretending to understand her. Perhaps she could bloom into something more. There would be no expectations though, because Haku had lost all hope in his fellow canines. There would be no more chances given to others. If they wanted to prove themselves, they had to play the game alone. He was done with the lowly beings around here. His mask and his trickery was all that he had left now.
[/html]