when the wind blows (J)
[html]
character name seti tertius
character birthdate July 4th, 2007
regular wolf or luperci luperci
e-mail r1p_1t_up_09@hotmail.com
a secondary form of contact r1p_1t_up_09@hotmail.com (MSN)
how did you learn/hear about ‘souls? just browsing sites’ affiliates

Independence was a difficult concept to grasp for a pup of only four months. Seti was young and naïve still and the idea that he was entirely alone was a thought that he had not yet fully comprehended. Yet he could not shake the strange feeling that had come over him throughout the last few days. His father had hurt him, that much he knew, but such was not an infrequent occurrence. Seti had been bruised and battered since the beginning, leaving the pup shy and rather skittish around those he did not know. It was after one of these beating sessions, one in which had resulted in Seti’s nose bleeding an awful lot, his father had taken him far away. He’d been forced to walk, and walk, and walk until he thought he would collapse. Where he was, Seti did not know. What he did know, was that he was by a big river and there was a weird smell that would not leave his nostrils.

This oddly hypnotizing smell kept Seti from going too far, as though a magnet was rooting him to the spot. The under-nourished pup with curious blue eyes and a desire for something more still found a way to entertain himself, despite the feeling of loneliness that was slowly creeping over him. It was light out yet, which was fortunate, for Seti was horribly afraid of the dark and the light kept him good company while he was alone. A substance that was white and like ice, but softer, covered the ground, and Seti enjoyed great fun playing with it, tunneling through it, rolling around in it, molding it. He had only recently begun shifting, and was still awkward with his newfound ability at best.

As he sniffed around what he did not know to be Clouded Tears borders, Seti continued to play alone in the snow. All of his siblings had been stillborn, leaving him the only surviving pup of his litter, and still a might small for his age. His parents had not been the best cards he could have been dealt, his father an abusive drunk and his mother a submissive, frightened young woman, too afraid to go against her mate, forced to watch her only child beaten day after day. Little did Seti know that he was blessed now, to be left far from the poor family, his father keen on never having to face the little boy again. But until he could learn to accept what was, Seti would wonder when his father was coming back to get him, after all, his last words to his son had been to stay here and not leave.

[/html]
[html]
Hello and Welcome. Big Grin Pups usually don't shift until about 6 months old but, other than that, everything seems to be in order. :]

Jasper, the quiet being that he was, could often be found by himself. He was only a few months over a year old now but still he held those childish ways. Along behind him, as he made his way across the snow covered ground, was a nicely sized red wagon, which he pulled along by the bent and rusted handle. Every now and again, much to the dismay for the blonde wolf, he would have to stop and pick it up to keep things moving. Just like with sand, it was fairly hard to move the wagon about in the soft snow. The de le Poer boy wasn't just aimlessly pulling the wagon along though, no, he had a purpose.

The wagon, with his fishing pole nestled carefully inside of it, despite the fact it was still hanging over the edge, would make a good form of transportation when attempting to get the fish back to his tree house. The days were starting to grow more cold than they had been, which meant that soon enough the rivers would freeze over completely, taking away Jasper's only source of regular food. He already knew he wouldn't be able to get all he needed in one round but, after a few days of fishing, he was almost certain he could store enough to keep him fed for a few weeks.

Jasper had just about made it to the river when something else caught his attention. Two different colored eyes traced along the snow until the point that his gaze met the small form, which instantly took him by surprise. Why was a child so small out all alone? There were no prominent scents in the area, nor anything that might tell him that the child was from a nearby pack. "You lost?" He called out then, voice quiet and hesitant. Little did Jasper know, this child was very much like him.

[/html]
[html]
Yup, I know, Seti is six months. ^^

Seti was slowly becoming tired from the play. All this running and mucking around in the snow left him exhausted, his body already sore from what his father had done to him and not feeling any better with the constant jumping and landing and running. Strangely, despite all that Anton, his father, had done to him, Seti still found it in his heart to love the beast, and was wondering just when he would come back. So naïve, he was.

Still uncomfortable with the entire “shifting” concept, Seti had chosen to remain in his wolf form, at least until he got the hang of walking on two feet. And it was as he rested on his side in the snowbank just beside the river that another emerged, toting a little wagon that immediately caught Seti’s eye. Though shy and a bit sheepish, Seti was not unfriendly or cruel. And so when this newfound wolf with the pretty eyes inquired as to whether he was lost or not, Seti poked his head out from the bank and responded quietly, ”Uhno. I dun’ think. I mean, my papa leave me here, he say to stay, he say “Seti you stay here, be good boy,” He nodded slowly, as though reassuring himself, more than the unknown man. ”But dat was awhile ago, I dun’ know why he leave me here, I never been by ‘self so long,” he finished, looking around at his surroundings, the icy river nearby, and misty lands a little ways away.

The man looked funny, toting that wagon, with his two different-colored eyes. And a thought quickly occurred to Seti. ”Is you lost?” he questioned, cocking his head to the side. He did not yet trust the man to entirely reveal himself, or go any nearer, so instead he stayed where he was, protected by the snow, with only his little face standing out to speak to the man.

[/html]
[html]
XD! For some reason I had it in my head that he was only four months. X3

Jasper had no real experience with pups, aside from when he and his siblings were all much younger, so he was really at a loss for what to do. Shy and withdrawn, the young male wasn't really sure how to approach anyone really, but a pup? Lifting one hand to scratch idly at his ear, Jasper watched from afar, steps finally coming to a halt quite a few feet away from the smaller wolf. Confusion was apparent in his face as he stood there, simply staring. Dare he stick around and chance some angry parent coming along to accuse him of kidnapping? With Jasper's luck, that would be exactly what would happen.

One ear, the black one, lifted as the words of the smaller wolf took to the air, listening in silence and trying to decipher through the small bit of puppish talk that still lingered in his vocabulary. "Did the moon come and go since he told you to stay here?" Jasper asked suddenly, knowing that even just a few minutes could seem like forever to a pup. He was really just trying to get a good hold on the time frame, the father could have possibly just left. What would Jasper do if it had been longer than that, though? He honestly wasn't sure, maybe call Laruku to see what they could do?

"Nuh-uh." He answered, smoothing out his hair before letting his arm fall back to his side. He motioned with one hand toward the vast spread of land at his rear. "I live in those lands back there, in a pack called Clouded Tears." He explained, growing slightly more comfortable with the concept of conversing with a puppy. Really, though, this was one of the times that he'd gotten quite a bit of attention from anyone, even if the conversation was short thus far. "D'ya think yer Dad is comin' back?" My mom left and she hasn't come back. He almost added but held his tongue for the time.

[/html]
[html]
Haha, not a problem. (:

An icy wind poured through the area, sending a chill up the tiny male's spine. He shook his pelt quickly, removing the snow that coated it as he did, eyeing the male suspiciously. He seemed kind enough so far, but he could perhaps be just as cruel as the pup's father. In the presence of others, Anton often seemed friendly and loving, but when they were alone, a new side came out. He wondered how long it might be until his father came back, for in his mind, Seti was certain that he would. There was no way that his father could leave him here forever, right?

As the male spoke, Seti sat in silence, mulling over the question, trying to figure out just how long it had been since his father left. Why it mattered, Seti did not know. Finally deciding on an accurate response, the small boy shook his head, "Uhno. Papa and me we travel all night till we get here. By then the sun just did come up, now the sun almost did go down. That how long I been here, since sun come up and sun go down almost." He nodded, deciding that he was in fact correct in how long he had been among the snow and unfamiliarity.

As the male spoke again, Seti continued to eye the wagon in envy. He liked it already, and wondered if maybe this man would let him play in it. But of course, he wouldn't ask, that would be rude. Clouded Tears? A pack? Why would his father leave him at a pack, when he had always told Seti that packs were bad? Already a bit confuse, Seti chose to ignore the first part of the response and instead answered the second. "Iunno. But...I tell you a secret okay?" he whispered, leaning a bit farther over the snowbank, but still not getting much nearer to the male. "My papa he hurt me a lot. He hurt my nose and made it blood, that's when we left, when my nose went blood," Seti's father had made him swear to never tell another of the beatings, and why he was telling this guy who he didn't even know, Seti couldn't decide, all he knew was that it felt good to open up, even if just a little.

[/html]
[html]
Seti is far to adorable for his own good. X3

The cold was not something that Jasper could ignore, which was another cause for concern when it came to the pup. It was obvious by the tracks that were strewn about that the child had been playing in the snow, which meant that he was likely wet all over. That, hand in hand with the wind, meant that he could easily get ill. Frowning at this thought, Jasper dropped the handle of the wagon, letting it fall to the ground with a light thud. Still, though, he simply stood there and watched, somewhere between comfortable with the situation but still a bit uneasy.

"That seems like a really long time." He commented, another frown, which he quickly forced away. He didn't want to seem angry or unfriendly. "Aren't you hungry by now?" More questions, always questions. Honestly, since it had been so long, Jasper was almost certain that the father wouldn't be coming back. Either he'd left the pup or purpose or, perhaps, he'd gone off to hunt or something and gotten injured. Either way, Jasper knew he couldn't leave the child out in the cold. Not even his father would do such a thing and his father wasn't the most friendly of people around.

He tipped his head in a slow nod at the pup, confirming he would hear the secret and as the boy leaned in, he did so also, only a bit. The words caught him by serious surprise and for a moment his eyes widened. He could still plainly remember the sting of his father's hand against his face. Shifting his weight suddenly, Jasper brought himself to kneel. "I'll tell ya a secret too." His voice was quiet. "My Papa hit me once, right here." He pointed at the side of his muzzle then. "It didn't bleed but it hurt." Now, even if the father did come back, Jasper wasn't sure he'd let the boy go. "Since we don't know when yer dad might come back, y'wanna come with me to the pack? I can get ya somethin' to eat and a warm place to stay an' nobody'll hit ya. I won't let 'em." And that last part was a promise.

[/html]
[html]
Aww, Jasper's a sweetie.

Seti couldn't quite place what it was about this man that made him so comfortable, but he was. Seti liked how he talked and asked questions, like he actually cared about what the boy had to say. Seti dared to venture a few steps closer, but still not within reaching distance. Despite the liking that was growing for this man, the pup still wasn't sure what to do. After all, he was young and hardly capable of making appropriate decisions. He watched as the wagon's handle fell to the ground and as a frown formed upon the unnamed creature's face. Did he do something wrong?

But the thought was dismissed as more words came forth, and the comment brought a nod to Seti. "Uhya." he said rather plainly, not sure what else needed to be said on the subject. At the next question, Seti had to think. Hunger had not really come to him yet, for Seti was used to having little to eat. But now that he thought of it, he really wouldn't mind a warm meal. "I guess so, I di'n't eat for long time," he said, reasoning with himself.

When the man offered to tell Seti a secret as well, a soft smile broke out on the little boy's face. Moving forward eagerly, he tipped his head to hear the words. He hadn't realized how close he'd gotten until he was already face to face with the older male. "Oh...I'm sowry." What else to say? He knew how it felt, he'd been hit there as well, plenty of times. Only some spots bled, like his nose and mouth, the rest just hurt real bad. As the offer to come to the pack arose, Seti hesitated a bit, unsure of whether or not he should agree. It was really the last part that sold him. A promise for no more hurt was hard to walk away from, and finally, Seti nodded. "Uhkay. Will I stay with you?" he asked hopefully. Opening up to this one was already hard enough, and he wasn't sure that he was comfortable enough to be around a lot of others just yet, at least, not without the help of the male.

"Wha's yur name, anyway?" he asked, then realized he hadn't even given his own. "Mine is Seti Tertius. But you can jus' call me Seti." He smiled now, looking up eagerly at what he considered to be his first real friend.

[/html]
[html]
I'll go ahead and accept you now. Laruku, the Alpha person is on a road trip at the moment. X3

What a crazy world it was. Jasper, who could hardly take care of himself as it was, found himself considering taking on the responsibility of another living and breathing creature, one even younger than himself. Of course, his father had helped out with a way to get food, helping him find a fishing rod and such, which meant that getting food would be much easier now. As for protection? When it came to fight or flight, Jasper was often the flight type, avoiding any sort of confrontation in whatever way he could. So what would happen if the father did come back around and Jasper refused to let the boy go? Well.. He'd have to fight.

With suspicions of hunger confirmed, Jasper nodded his head and began planning things out in his head. There were quite a few fish already stored up in his home, along with bits of deer and rabbit that he'd saved from previous kills. The boy had to like at least one of them. Whether to cook it or not would have to be decided later on.

"Well, if ya want to you can." He answered then, his voice more calm than the random thoughts that were ravaging his brain. It was a frightening prospect, being in charge of the care of another life, but he couldn't just leave him there. Sure, someone else might come along and find him, but could Jasper ensure that he would be safe? The only way to do that was to take in the pup himself. "I live in a house in a tree, just by the lake here, built it when I got here. Y'gotta climb a ladder to get up to it but it ain't that hard." He was sure the steps would be wide enough for him to get up and, if not, then he'd make them wider."

"Jasper de le Poer, but you can call me Jasper." And for once, even though very faint, Jasper smiled. The only other dilemma that he could foresee was with Rusalki. It was be hard to explain to Rusalki and even harder to explain to Seti, if ever the time came. Rusalki was a ghost, after all, and he didn't want to fright the boy. "Y'can ride in my wagon if ya want 'n I can take ya back to where I live."

[/html]
[html]
Mmk, thanks!

Seti couldn't deny the fact that he was excited. His place back home was nothing grand at all, and he was perfectly content with the possibility of living in a tree. Afterall, he loved to climb and swing from the branches of the trees where he'd once lived and thought that it would be all the better to actually exist in one. "Cool!" he exclaimed, grinning excitedly. "I like trees," he added, nodding quickly.

The man's name was Jasper de le Poer, Seti soon learned and he decided that he'd go with Jasper, for the rest was quite a mouthful. "Ohkay Jathper!" he said, finding his mouth forming oddly around the unfamiliar name.

At the chance to finally ride in the wagon he'd been envying during the entire meeting, Seti grinned from ear to ear, nodding furiously. Bypassing Jasper, the small boy made a beeline for the wagon and with a flying leap landed inside. "Le's go!" he shouted, imagining himself as a king, being carried away to his castle. And indeed, that was just how he felt.

[/html]
[html]

And thus, with but a few very simple words, it was final. Jasper had a roommate, or whatever the younger male could be referred to as. It might have been simple in the way that is suddenly just 'was', he'd come and stay in the tree house, Jasper would help take care of him, but in the mind of the blonde male it was so much more complicated. Another bed would have to be made, blankets and pillows and all of those things that he used to keep himself comfortable, and then he'd have to actually find a place to put it. Of course, Jasper didn't have quite as much stuff as he liked to think, but all the same he would have to rearrange to make room for Seti.

Jasper, the boy who's family had up and wandered off one day, leaving him to follow behind and try to find them, the boy whose only friend was a ghost, now had an actual breathing friend. It was warming in a way, comforting really, but frightening in so many others. Even the way that the younger male said his name made him smile. Watching in silence as the boy darted for the wagon, Jasper reached forward to grab hold of the handle once more, pushing himself to stand at his full height. "Alright! Lets go!" And off he went, turning himself and the wagon back toward the pack lands. The fish would have to wait.

"I'll take ya to the old city sometime, we can find ya some stuff there, like toys or somethin', so you can have your own stuff too." He offered as they went along, but the calm of their trip wouldn't last for very long. For a very brief moment Jasper grinned to himself. "Hold on!" He shouted suddenly, picking up speed at a gradual pace. He didn't want Seti to go flying out of the wagon, after all. He kept this up until he was at a decent pace, pulling the wagon and his new friend through the snow.

[/html]
[html]
Seti had never been exposed to any real friendships. His parents had sheltered him in their small home, kept him away from large groups of wolves, fo a reason that even Seti could not imagine. They'd warned him of the cruelty of packs, though so far, Jasper had been the kindest man he'd ever met. Though of course, that was not saying much, as he was being compared to Seti's father.

Seti was thrilled that he'd be getting real toys. The only things he'd had to play with before were sticks and rocks and other things he picked off the ground. "Awh thanks Jathper, I'm real happy," he said honestly, with the innocence that only a puppy could have. If Seti were to ever have another father, Jasper would be the kind he'd want. But living with him was just as good, he reasoned.

At the command, Seti braced himself for whatever was to come. As the wagon began to pick up speed, Seti giggled and grinned, rolling around inside. "Fasther, fasther!" he shouted, giddy with excitement. Indeed, this was the most fun the boy had ever had. And it was only just beginning.

[/html]
[html]

It was quite the rare thing for Jasper to smile, but playing and laughing was something that was beyond odd for him. It felt good though, he couldn't deny that, and it only made the smile that stretched across his face now to go even wider. He was happy that the boy was happy and happy that Seti made him happy also, if that really made any sense. His heart was racing now, pounding so hard that he could hear it in his own ears, drowning out the sound of his own laughter. He could barely hear Seti giggling behind him, though the encouragement to speed up was very clear. He did just that to, only to the point that he knew it would still be safe for the younger male.

At their speed, of course, it didn't take them very long to make it a good ways into the lands. Just ahead of him, Jasper could see the vast lake, the bridge that had been built so they could walk across the narrowest part of the river that it broke off into, and finally the tree house. The blonde male didn't stop when they made it there though, instead he circled the tree, once, twice, three times, slowing down each time as they went around. Finally, Jasper slowed enough to bring them to a stop, dropping the handle and panting quietly. "We're here!" He motioned to the tree house, which really wasn't all that far from the ground. "Do ya wanna go up there now an' get something to eat or do ya wanna look around the lands some?"

[/html]
[html]
blah, sorry it is late.
The young male's heart raced, his body pulsing eagerly with the wind in his face and that lovely whooshing sound in his ears. If the pup had never experienced a true sense of joy, he was experiencing it now. He grinned at the sight of the water, pretty to his young eyes. But soon, his blue eyes ran to the tree, where he figured his home would exist from here on out. It was a beautiful home, unique and exciting all at once. Perfect for a little boy.

"Okay Jathper!" he called, clambering out of the little wagon, stumbling slightly to be back on his feet. At the question, Seti contemplated what he should do. He was quite hungry and in need of a rest, but his excited mind was eager to explore the territory. "Do ya think we could rest fa a liddle 'n eat? And den la'er you take me around?" he asked sheepishly, turning his attention to the tree house once again. Seti was not used to getting what he wanted, so he wouldn't be hurt if the answer was no.

[/html]