Live, I wanna live inspired
[html]

Maybe it was courage, or maybe it was something very different. There could be no explanation, though the male was sometimes eager to find one. But for the moment he was content, happy to just tie the thin line round the tall branch and listen to the soft sound of the instrument that it held. Gold eyes looked down, finding that the height of the tree did not bother him as he once thought if would. Once it was secure the male made his way slowly down the tree. Retrieving his bag he walked closer to the cabin, though his eyes were looking upwards instead of at the house. There were not many tall trees, but enough to serve his purpose.

The gold bell was light in his hand, and matching colored eyes looked at it was a smile. Maybe it was confidence, but he had like the idea since coming up with it. It had been the horses that made him think of it. The row of sleigh bells that he had placed around the blue roan mare that he constantly caught roaming around had inspired his current plan. If Lumière was out of sight while he worked in the large stables he was still able to hear her. The horse seemed to like to explore the tracks and fields of sweet grasses and clovers much more then even Heath.

He tagged the tree nearest to the cabin with the largest of the bells, and looking at it was sudden filled with a feeling of unease. He needed to loose the sensation of hesitation, for that was all he could describe it. But it wasn’t correct. It was eagerness, and a fear that rattled him the moment his eyes looked at the wooden door. The bag was still heavy, for he had one more gift and carrying it the shifted male walked slowly to the front of the house, his fingers clenching and unclenching in a sign of eagerness. Knocking on the door brought another fear, what if Svara was home, a witness to his fumbling and feelings. He did not show his other self just around anyone, and it was a weak and vulnerable part. It was only strong enough for her, and each time he saw her the stronger it grew. But no matter how powerful it became, somewhere something spoke, and it said that it would only be for her.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

The blind female had decided to take a nap on the old sofa inside the house. Curled up in her tiny lupus form she barely covered a single cushion on the couch. However, her slumber was destined to be broken as the familiar sound of a knock upon the door reached her ever-alert ears. Her pupil-less pale blue eyes flickered open and a gentle yawn escaped her mouth. Who could that be? she wondered, hopping down from the couch only to shift into her optime form. Her muscles, still stiff from her nap, the slate and ivory female gently stretched her arms before feeling her way to the door. She knew where it was, but she was still drowsy and her thoughts were slow. Her delicate fingers finally ran across the door knob which she opened slowly. "Hello?" she yawned, her free hand absentmindedly pushing her hair over her shoulder to hang down her back as it was supposed to. However, the girl was not groggy for long, as her sensitive nose immediately detected who was standing in front of her. With a stunned, but happy, look on her face the delicate border collie managed to stutter out a proper greeting. "Oh, Heath, I'm sorry, I just woke up from a nap. If I'd known it was you I would have...well...I would have come to the door faster," she stuttered, her useless eyes wandering randomly in Heath's direction. She had been about to say she would have made herself look better, but she really didn't know how she looked, so it would have made little sense. She could usually feel if she had dirt or some other unclean substance on her fur, but for the most part the only time she was ever sure of how she looked was when one of her friends told her.

Realizing that she was acting goofy, the fragile female immediately tried to recover the situation, even though it really didn't need recovering. "W-would you like to come inside or...I don't know...umm...is there something I could help you with?" she asked, her face reddening in embarrassment. In truth she would have been happy to simply throw her arms around the male. She had enjoyed the experience so much last time. However, now was not the time, so she restrained herself and quietly stood there, unsure as to what to do next. Hopefully Heath would save her from this awkward situation of her own creation.

[/html]
[html]

He stood before the door, a frown on his face as he thought deeply. In his mind the male concocted a plan for if someone other then the female he sought answered the door. He would ask if she was home, politely and as a gentleman. Jac would surely let her come to the door, at least he hoped. But the male’s scent was not as dominant here as Svara’s and of course Ruri’s. Heath sensed he wasn’t around, but that still left the Constable. Breathing calmly, the male waited, beginning to wonder if the cabin was empty. Heath would find it the most embarrassing, but also saw the humor in it. He smiled at his own antics, and was about to laugh at the foolishness when he heard a noise coming from within the cabin. Standing strait the shaggy looking male took a deep breath and watched the door open.

The young female walked into the light that poured through the doorway. It illuminated her face, making her pale features glow. Her water like eyes cast over him, and his gold watched them as the searched for his voice. “I didn’t mean to wake you.”, he apologized, with a light voice. He was sorry indeed, but the happiness of her presence overshadowed any guilt. He took the moment she spoke to watch her, his eyes remaining on her face, taking in her expression. She told so much just by the looks that played on her face, there was honesty and Heath believed she hid nothing from him. She seemed tired, but as her eyes blinked she wore a refreshed and even excited looked.

“Yes.” he answered immediately. He wanted to see where she lived, wanted to see everything. He would have been willing to watch over her if all she wished to do was return to her nap. He move slightly forward while she continued to speak and Heath felt the weight of the bag he held. “Oh, no.” He remembered the reason for his visit, not that he had needed one for his own sake. “Would you sit outside with me?” The male asked, placing his hand just beside hers in hopes of holding it and leading her to a place for them to sit. “I have something for you.”

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

The slate and ivory female was puzzled by Heath's indecision. One moment he had said yes to her offer to come inside, the next moment he had said no. And now, he was asking if she wanted to sit outside with him. Of course she was willing and when she sensed his hand close to hers, she immediately took it and let him lead her outside. The gentle breeze of the day immediately brought a distinct ringing sound to her ears, although it was metallic and seemed to come from the area around the cabin. "Do you hear something ringing? It sounds like bells," she noted, her half-folded ears perked in interest. However, she would have to investigate later.

She let him lead her to whichever spot he chose, and quietly sat down beside him her plumed tail wagging behind her contentedly. "If you wanted to see me, all you had to do was come to the house. You didn't have to bring anything," she explained, her soprano voice carrying a timid tone. To have someone besides Jac bring her anything was a new experience that she liked. Did he really like her enough to bring her something? If so that was wonderful and the expectation made her want to wiggle back and forth like an excited pup. Fortunately she had more self-control than a pup and was able to restrain herself. The fact that he had come to visit her again so soon logically also led her to believe that he enjoyed being around her which only made her blush more. What was this feeling that she felt. It was similar to what she felt for Jac, yet wonderfully unique. A special kind of affection that she was unsure how or when to express. She'd only known Heath for a short time, in comparison to how long she had been with Jacquez, but already this feeling was there in such a great quantity that supresssing it became harder and harder each time she thought about it. Still, she didn't want it to end. It felt so right, even as unfamiliar as it was.

[/html]
[html]

He walked slowly, his paw attached to hers. He held it with a gentle pressure, feeling that emotion rise from deep in his chest, the one he couldn’t explain. Eyes remained on her, leading her to a small patch of grass so that they could sit. It was just beneath the sloped roof, a few feet from the door. Heath settled on the ground, smiling as she spoke. “I think I do.” He remarked, grinning at the sound of his work being touched by the breeze. He wanted her to like this, so much so that holding the bag in front of him he began to get nervous once more. Releasing her paw the male opened the soft fabric bag, looking at the gift inside. His nervousness turned to excitement as he reached inside to retrieve it. “I know, but I still wanted to give you something.” His deep voice spoke.

Tail wagged gently against the soft grass, and he brought out what he had retrieved from the city. It looked hand made, but not by the hand of a wolf. There was metal mixed with a thick glass. It clinked as he took it out, the chimes singing as they hit each other. It wasn’t the most pleasant of sounds, not until he held it up and the pieces fell into their proper place. The sound was musical, though Heath knew that nothing would match the beauty of her voice. “I… I thought I could hang it from the roof.” Heath began to explain. Honey orbs looked at her face. The excitement gone and left with nothing but insecurity Heath tried to explain further. “Then you would know where the cabin was, you could just listen…” he trailed off watching her for a reaction.

The wind flowed around them, sending the chime into its song. The bells could be heard in the distance, calling to both of them. He watched, and he found that his breathing was gaining speed and that his heart felt tight and erratic. Maybe it was a stupid idea, or maybe she would hate it for pointing out her obvious lack of sight. “The bells too” His voice whispered, the small ringing dieing as the breeze fell.

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

Her hand came to her mouth in speechless surprise when Heath pulled out the windchimes, holding them up so that they could sing their unique melody as the breeze whistled through them. The tones the chimes created tickled her ears pleasantly and her lips curved in a grateful smile. Then she turned her head to listen to the bells which she could tell were in the trees surrounding the house. He had done all this for her? She didn't know what to say. Now she wouldn't have to worry about getting lost, at least when their was the chance of a breeze. When the wind finally died down, the slate and ivory female fixed her hair, some of which had blown into her face, although she was mostly using it as a device to buy time while she thought of something to say. "H-Heath...that's so sweet. I...I love it, thank you," she stammered, her soprano voice speaking in a quiet, timid tone. Then, without really thinking, the delicate girl threw her arms around the male in another hug. She hoped that this gesture would show her gratitude for his perfectly wonderful gift to her. However, she would not deny that she had been wanting to hug him since his arrival. It felt so good to have her arms around him, touching his fur, inhaling his scent, listening to his heartbeat and breathing. It was a complete sensory experience for the blind duchess of Cour des Miracles.

She did not understand why hugging Heath felt so different compared to hugging Jac. It felt good to hug Jac too, because she was so close to him, but hugging Heath was a completely unique experience and she didn't want to let go. However, she did manage to eventually loosen her grip until she was just holding his hand once more. "I really mean it Heath. Thank you, so much. I wish I could really show you how much easier this will make it for me. I won't have to spend so much time memorizing every step I take, or every rock I pass so that I know how to get back home. I'll have something I can listen to to help me find my way back." It really was a great solution to a problem. The slate and ivory femme hadn't minded memorizing places to get familiar with the area; but it would be such a relief to not have to worry about getting out of familiar territory and being unable to get back to the house. This would give her so much more freedom.

[/html]
[html]

The male carefully watched her face, taking the response that the wind chimes might get give. He looked nervously, worried that she would hate it. The corners of her mouth twitched, and curved upwards into a smile. Still, Ruri did not say anything but Heath felt a smiled form to his face. She liked it, he could tell even though she stayed silent. That would have been enough for him, the quiet acknowledgment and the obvious enjoyment. Gold eyes peered through the veil her long hair created, his smile gentle but still present. Her words seemed forced, but he could hear the honesty in them, and spoke of the things her smiled had given away.

She moved forward and Heath braced himself. Small arms wrapped themselves around his form. He was ready for her, unlike the last time they had seen each other. He had been taken by surprise and was unprepared for the action, had been stiff and could not move for many moments afterwards. Heath wasn’t one for physical contact, unless it brought him or sought to bring others pain and yet he felt comfortable with her arms around him. This was so different, and as he felt her chest come in contact with his Heath took her in his own arms. For the brief moment the male held her back with his wide spread palm, let his head rest gently next to hers and his nose find that he scent was even sweeter the closer he got to her.

Heath hid his reluctance to let the small canine go and allowed her to move away, though her hand was still placed in his. It took a moment for him to recover, but a smile was unknowingly worn on his face. It wasn’t until she began to speak that he found that he was grinning foolishly. Not that it mattered much, Heath composed himself and let only a soft smile grace his maw. Others might be watching, he did not want them to think he was ogling her. He couldn’t fore himself to look away, to see if any had caught the quick affectionate contact and found that he wasn’t bothered by it.

Nothing seemed to truly change about the female since the very day they had met. It was only her emotions that had brightened Leaving her as genuine and wonderful as she always had been. Heath felt that he had become someone completely different, someone that hoped that she would hug him again, someone that wished for her happiness and wanted to give her everything he could provide. Still such things would never be enough, and it made him strive him to be more, do more and find more from within to give. Small bells, a wind chime and speaking the truth were a small price to pay for the indescribable things she had given to him.

“Your welcome.” It was all he could say, unsure how he could explain what had truly driven him to think of such a thing, why had had felt so much enjoyment doing it and such fulfillment knowing it would help her. He fought with them, and then knowing the silence would likely kill him before he could eve find the answer Heath let the words come in a dim whisper. “I never want to loose you.” Such a thought strangled his heart, and if the words became truth the noose would never loosen. He didn’t think that she would wonder off and never find her way back, she was intelligent and strong and he had confidence in her. But it was only way to describe how he felt, Heath feared loosing her by his own doing.

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

ooc: Sorry for the short reply, it was a bit rushed

The petite female caught her breathe when Heath told her that he didn't want to lose her. He liked her, maybe even loved her! She could have jumped up and squealed for joy, but her timidity kept her seated next to him. "Y-you won't...you won't lose me, because I won't lose you. I don't want to lose you either," she stuttered, her soprano voice muted and quiet, scarcely above a whisper. After speaking, the ivory and merle femme could only sit and take in Heath's presence. This was one of the moment she would have given anything to have eyesight. She wanted to be able to see Heath. The way he spoke, his scent, the way his fur felt...she already had a sensory picture of him in her mind, but she wished she had a visual image to put all of his wonderful attributes to him. "Heath...I've never felt this way before. I don't know what to do. It's strange...but I like it," she stuttered, unable to keep her words back as she reached her free hand to trace over the surface of Heath's much larger hand nervously. The breeze blew again, blowing her long, straight hair over her shoulder and carrying the sound of the bells to her once more filling her with a renewed sense of gratitude and happiness. Everytime she would hear those bells from this day forward she would think of Heath. The thought excited her.

[/html]
[html]

He waited and watched in silence, and he even found that he was holding his breath. Gold eyes took in the small motions her ears made, knowing that she heard the words he spoke. He thought maybe he was more frightened then the day he almost lost his life. But then his life had meant little. As he sat beside her ,she gave his purpose, and the pack they belonged too a place and group to serve. Face holding a stoic and motionless look he waited, and when he heard her words the male couldn’t help but let his features soften with warmth. They were so quiet that the male had to lean in to hear. They mimicked his, and made his hand flinch in her grasp. How such a beautiful creature, pure inside and out could want to hold onto him Heath did not know. But she did, and Heath couldn’t believe that his small gifts were the only things that could have such an effect on her.

Again and again he felt that he was misleading her. This was not how he had been, and the change felt sudden to the male. He had scars that told of his fool misdeeds. But she could not see them, and Heath feared that without the truth that they spoke she would never know who he had been. And it felt like a lie. To lie to her was inconceivable, even when he would have spout any words to another for his own amusement. Not anymore. And when she spoke again, competing with the silence that his inner thoughts had kept alive Heath smiled. The mere thought that she felt the same indescribable emotion coursing through her veins at first brought him happiness. One that made him smile and made his dark hand cover hers that traced his lighter paw. It held her fingers, but once he could think again he became cold under her touch.

“I have never wanted to be worth something, not until I began to know you, Ruri.” He took her paw lightly, and moved it gently to the scar that hugged his side. It was large and fresh enough that he could still feel the dull ache that dwelled beneath it.
“I don’t want to hide what I have done, the meaningless fights and childishness.” He wasn’t sure why he was telling her this, but he was growing warm again, and no longer felt tense under her paw and he could only hope that she would understand that the words needed to be said for him to truly become the wolf he was when with her.
“But I belong here now, and” He paused, unease lingering behind his words. Eyes never left her and his fought to control his voice. Finally it returned,
“I would never do anything to hurt you.”

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

As Heath moved her hand to feel one of his scars, Ruri's eyes widened in surprise. Who had done this to him? How had it happened? Then he spoke again about not wanting to hide anything from her. Her heart fluttered in her chest when he finished by telling her he never wanted to hurt her. "Oh, Heath, you don't have to worry. You aren't that kind of person anymore. You're sweet, considerate, and understanding. You couldn't hurt me," she replied, her face glowing with sincerity as her lips curved in an understanding smile. She ran her hand across the scar on his side before slowly withdrawing her hand.

The ivory and merle female was unsure about what she was going to do next however, it seemed like the right thing to do in order to emphasize her point. "Hold still, please," her voice was very quiet, and not commanding at all. It was a simply request for him to hold still. He didn't have to comply. However, it would likely be in his best interest or she might injure him unintentionally. After she had made her request, Ruri released Heath's hand, instead allowing her fingers to travel up his arm to his shoulder before finally arriving close to his face. Then, as gently as possible, she ran her fingers over the features of his face feeling the scars, as well as the deeper details such as the way his eyes were set compared to his nose, or the how far apart they were. She ran her fingers over the length of his muzzle running them across his lips and moving to feel where his ears were set atop his head. This was all to give her the most distinctive mental picture she could manage. The only other person she had ever done this to was, of course, Jac and she had done it as soon as she had been gained the ability to shift to know the face of the one who cared for her. Now she did it for Heath. "Your face tells a lot about you Heath. It shows the wounds it has received and in some cases the way in which they were received. It shows what your capable of..." she trailed off to fold her hands in her lap before continuing. "You're eyes are evenly set, and they've seen a lot haven't they? Both good things and bad things. Your lips...tell the things you are capable of saying. Sometimes you've let your words get the better of you, but other times they do not. You're a person who says what he feels, and that's important. Your whole face tells so much about you Heath, and the good far outweighs the bad. Don't worry about what has happened in the past, just worry about who you are now and who you want to be. Okay?" the slate and ivory female smiled warmly as she finished speaking, her blind eyes staring straight ahead of her, for she knew where Heath's eyes were at the moment. She had felt where they were. She hoped he understood what she had meant by feeling his face. It had been an attempt to show him that there were more important things than what he had done, more important things than what he had said. She wanted to show him how she saw him and that it was not as much of an illusion as he had first thought.

[/html]
[html]

He was fearful, and it ran into his features. Frown hard set on his mouth and eyes filled with sadness. Even though she had just spoken the words, he was scared that he would loose her before even really having her. She was his friend, that he was certain, but something spoke to him and told that she was destined for far more then that. Her hand rested against the scar the nameless female had given, rightfully so, and Heath could hear the pounding of his heart in his ears as he felt her touch. The male needed to concentrate in order to hear the words she spoke over his pulse. Her face grew soft, and he saw the understanding in her features. Ruri’s words would have seemed like far away things, ideas that he could never believe in, if they had been said by any other. But her voice carried a truth and made them close to reality. He could believe them as she spoke, but it was still hard to do so. When he felt her hand gliding across the scar on his side Heath was sure he had done something wrong, and the words became harder to believe without her contact.

Before he could respond, if words could have been possible for the unsure hybrid, she asked him to stay in place. Gold eyes showed his confusion, but he did as she asked, sitting before her as still as stone. He watched her face, as she brought her hands upwards and to his face. Fingers as soft as velvet moved to the sides of his face, exploring each feature with a delicate but observant touch and Heath warmed beneath them. His own eyes closed as she ran them along the scar along his jaw line, but when she sought the golden orbs he opened them and watched her face. He smiled at the sight of her face in front of his; almost forgetting that he had held any insecurity.

When she spoke Heath listened in silence. He had never thought that she would ever know so much about him, and by touch alone. Hands were removed from his face, and he remained as still as he had been, awaiting what she would say next. When she spoke of his lips, he smiled, how she knew that they had gotten him in trouble he would never know. But it was very true. He remained quiet, and she reassured him that what he did in the past would stay there. He wanted it too, the male wanted nothing more. Sky colored eyes looked into his, and for once he felt that she saw him. With sightless eyes she looked into him like no one ever had. “Okay.” was all he could manage as they watched each other. He willed his eyes to looked as deeply as she did. She stripped him of fur and skin, and Heath felt as if only his soul remained for her examination. He gladly let her.

He reached for her face, knowing that she would not be ready for it but wishing all the same. Light colored fingers touched the pure hued fur of her cheek, “You’ve seen more of me then anyone else.” He spoke, voice soft but holding the rise of emotions that welled with in.

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

The ivory and slate female jumped slightly as she felt Heath's hand touch her cheek, and yet she did not shy away from his touch. She instead smiled and responded to his statement. "I hope it didn't bother you. Touching something is the only way for me to really see anything," she replied, her soprano voice barely above a whisper. That strange feeling had surged up within her when Heath had touched her cheek, and now she had seemingly lost control of her voice. What was this thing that could make someone so lost within their own body? It felt so good that at times she forgot where she was, or what she was doing. The entire situation was so confusing that if the young duchess hadn't been enjoying it so much it might have frightened her with its strangeness.

As the two lupercis sat there, on the grass covered patch of ground, the bells in the trees were the only sounds that broke the silence. Normally Ruri would have desperately tried to fill the silence with something to keep the conversation going, but at the moment she felt no need. She simply liked being with Heath, that was enough for her. She wasn't afraid of whether he would leave or not, because if he did he was bound to be back soon. There was no more fear of being unable to see him for a long period of time. He was here to stay. The only thing that could have made Ruri's day more perfect would have been Jac. As this thought entered the blind girl's mind her countenance drooped for a moment before brightening once again with an idea. "Heath, would you be willing to do a favor for me? I don't want to impose upon you, or anything like that. You see...Jacquez hasn't been by here in awhile. It's been raining a lot, so at first I thought that was the only thing keeping him from coming back, but it hasn't rained in a couple of days and he still hasn't come back. I'm worried about him. He doesn't usually leave for this long without telling me where he was going or when he would be back. Could you keep an eye out for him? I'd really appreciate it." There, she had made her request. It didn't seem like too much to ask. After all, Heath was a bit of a wanderer. It wouldn't be too hard for him to keep an eye out for Jac while he was wandering around the packlands and the surrounding territories. Would it?

[/html]
[html]

He felt her surprise as he let his fingers brush against her face. He had expected it, and found no insult. The young woman did not shy away, and it was in that, that Heath found courage. Smiling softy, his voice was no louder then hers he spoke in response. “No, I don’t mind. I want you to see me” The male didn’t mind at all and felt as if he would melt the moment her fingers brushed against his fur. It was weakening feeling, a loss of stability and yet he felt content and right as she did so. Most of all he wanted her to see him, and if her eyes would never take in the image of him, Heath was willing to allow her to reach for the features of his face and trace that scars that lined it.

A silence overcame them, with only the call of her bells and the wind the aroused their music filled their ears. Heath attempted to take the moment to figure the arrangements of his emotions. He wanted to understand and to know what the feeling she evoked from within his chest was. Never the sort of beast to grow attached to others he was beginning to realize that he was not just drawn to the folded eared female, but also found that he was reluctant to leave her. The male could only fight to keep his breath steady as he sat in her presence, there was no true use trying to understand it.

Gold eyes saw the change in her appearance, as she began to speak Heath watched with interest. Her words brought the retraction of his gentle hand, and his smile faded. It was not in anger or unhappiness but in pure concentration. His mind was glad for the distraction, having grown weary from attempting to understand the emotions of his heart. Jacquez had gone missing? Heath could not imagine the King being taken hostage or more horribly, killed. Voice stayed silent, not wanting to worry the merle woman. She had given him a task, and Heath would rise to the challenge. “I’ll go look for him.” Heath paused, and then remembered that he had yet to even tell her of his pledge of loyalty to their pack. He suddenly wished she had been there, but at that moment he had been beaten and his wounds not yet healed fully.

“And if I find him, I’ll bring him home.” He couldn’t imagine what was keeping the King away, and Heath would drag him back to her. And there, as Heath’s mind was graced with the thought a sharp pain hit him. The male couldn't help but believe that he would be bringing her his replacement. Rising beyond the insecure thought Heath spoke again. “We can’t have our King missing. “ His voice was lighter with a determination and confidence. She could count on him, he thought as his hand moved to hold hers.

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

The slate and ivory female beamed with happiness when Heath agreed to her request. "Thank you Heath. I'm just worried about him. I know he can take care of himself...for the most part...but I just want to know that he's okay more than anything," she replied, folding her arms in mild frustration over Jac's disappearance. He knew she hated it when he ran off for long periods of time and yet he did it anyway. Did he enjoy making her upset? She would have to give him a stern talking-to when he returned. As the collie girl sat there briefly mulling over her frustration, Heath's last sentence finally registered in her mind. Had he said 'our king?' That would mean..."Heath, you're part of Cour des Miracles now?! Is that what you meant when you said that Jac was our king? That's great!" she giggled in gleeful reply.

In a spur of the moment action, the delicate female flung her arms around Heath's neck and rested her head on his shoulder. He'd joined the pack, and now she wouldn't have to worry about waiting for a long period of time just to see him. He would be only a howl's distance away. Her hug was brief, as she quickly realized that she had practically flung herself at him, a gesture which she hadn't really meant to do. However, she highly doubted that he disliked it. In fact, if he enjoyed the physical contact half as much as she did then it was pretty much assured that hugging was an okay thing. She hadn't been able to help it, though. She now had her two best friends living in the same pack, one of whom was quickly becoming something more to her.

[/html]
[html]

Posting from work, sorry for the poor quality

It was something that he hoped he could do, and if she wanted Jac to return (as Heath did himself) Then the male would go and look for him. Ideas of where the male might be hiding filled his mind’s eye, bars and liquor stores were the first to come and then he imagined that the King might have lost time and days in a hole somewhere. Heath could understand how and why. He hoped that the leader only lavished on the plenty’s of summer instead of cling to a shadow of depression.

“Yeah, I belong here now.” His voice was full of the happiness that he felt over the fact and yet he was able to curve his enthusiasm to keep his composure around her. Never had he been so delicate with his actions, and yet never had he felt so right with each one he made. With a light voice he spoke, “It seemed fitting, and I needed to home.” Just as he was beginning to believe that he needed her. His decision had not rested on the small collie hybrid, but she never left his thoughts, no matter how hard he willed her away. That was if he even wanted to fight it.

She hugged him suddenly, and before he could realize that she was, Ruri unwrapped her arms and sat backwards. The gold eyed male smiled, surprised and flattered that she felt comfortable with such contact. Though she was quite outright with her actions Heath felt a reserve wash over him. Though it wasn’t only the surprise she showed that kept Heath at bay, he still felt as if he was pushing the boundaries each time his fingers brushed against her fur. Eyes watched her, and a silence surrounded them and Heath let it as he felt the rise of his pulse.

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

ooc: The end?

Everything would be fine now. That's what the slate and ivory furred femme told herself as she sat there next to Heath. He was part of Cour des Miracles now. He was going to look for Jac. He'd hung bells from the trees and a windchime from the roof so that she wouldn't get lost. He'd done so much for her. What had she done for him? She'd sang. That was alright, but it wasn't anything with real, lasting meaning was it? She would have to do something for Heath, like the stuff she did for Jac. She couldn't remember what the last thing she'd done for Jac was, either, so perhaps she'd have to do something for both of them when Jac was back. Yes, that's exactly what she would do. "I agree, you belong here. Welcome home Heath," she replied, smiling sweetly as she spoke. The delicate border collie could only smile. She'd already hugged him enough times for this one meeting. She certainly wouldn't have minded hugging him again, to show how happy she was that he was a pack member, but that might make it seem like she had no self-control. This would be a bad thing. So, she would exercise self-restraint and simply be there, smiling and enjoying his presence. That was fine wasn't it? Heath wouldn't mind, would he? She doubted it, but the question was still there. She could think of nothing else to say, or do. This had happened the last time they had met, and it had resulted in the end of their little conversation. She hadn't wanted it to end, but it had ended. Now, she still didn't want it to end, but she didn't have that fear that she might not see Heath again for a long time. These lands were his home now too. She'd see him again soon, and hopefully with Jac in tow. That would be perfect.

[/html]