thread title missing
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... Xtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Xeris, in optime form, was lying on her back, watching the clouds. She'd picked a large green hill to recline upon. She was wearing a set of new clothes that she'd made herself; they were rather crudely made but they were good enough, she supposed. Her golden eyes watched as the grey and white clouds, the color of her fur, moved slowly across the sky, with the sun peeking out through them in one small area. It was rather peaceful, or it would have been if Xeris hadn't had so much on her mind.

Most of all, Xeris was tired. She'd had several late and long nights lately; what with puma attacks and rescuing friends, as well as just sitting up late thinking. The white wolf had been thinking about all kinds of things, from her family back home to her new family in Phoenix Valley. One day she'd go back to her birthplace, but now was not the time for that.

She eventually began to feel her eyelids growing heavy, but she fought off sleep for now. Looking up at the clouds, she hoped that it wouldn't rain on her. A little bit of rain was okay, but she didn't want to get soaked. And besides, she was enjoying the relative quiet and relaxation of just lying around. She wondered what the others were doing; she hadn't seen her friends today...
[/html]
[html]
The gray woman was glad to have a break in the rain. It had been several weeks since she had felt the sun warming her shoulders. There was still a blanket of cloud cover blocking the sun, but Geneva was grateful for the respite from the rain. She could still feel moisture in the air, and so she figured that it might possibly rain later, but for now she could concentrate on the moderate warmth of the atmosphere and enjoy everything.

In the last few weeks, the gray woman had spent most of her personal time indoors. Unless she was otherwise engaged in pack duties, the woman enjoyed sitting in the Three Moons Ranch, reading or writing or just thinking. Geneva was a soft-spoken soul, an introvert for the most part.

In optime form, the woman trekked through Phoenix Valley without much of a destination in mind. She hoped that she would encounter one of her pack mates, but she was content to just travel with her thoughts as companions too. She smiled when she saw a somewhat familiar white form reclining on the ground. Geneva approached and sat down a few feet away. "Hello," she said. "I believe I saw you at the pack meeting."
[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... Xtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Xeris was rather surprised to hear a voice addressing her. She sat up and looked toward the gray female, realizing that she was someone only slightly familiar. "Oh yes, I do believe I remember seeing you," she replied, "But I didn't get your name. I'm Xeris, by the way. I haven't been in Phoenix Valley for that long, but I really do like it here." The white wolf was rather pleased that someone had shown up; of all the people who would come to see her she expected a member of her group of close friends, but a new face was always equally welcomed.

Thinking about this, it had been a few days since Xeris had met anyone new. She remembered her promise to DaVinci, to make Phoenix Valley into a tighter, closer community; meeting others would be good for that cause. And besides, she could never have too many friends. Xeris waited patiently and politely for the other to respond, curious as to who she was and what kind of things she had to say.

[/html]
Ty was resting underneath a tree nearby the two other wolves, when a crow flew down to him. This crow was actually a smaller crow, most likely a young adult, and it apparently had a bit of a curious side to it. Hopping around Ty, it's head darted up an down the body, seeing his chest rise and fall. The once great wounds and gashed Ty had recived from the mountain lion were now scars, or gone entirely, except his paw still had a bandage on it. the crow probably smelled the blood, which is why it came to investigate. Seeing that Ty wasn't actively defending himself, the little bird hopped closer and pecked him in the side, waking Ty.

Ty's eye popped open to find the black bird pecking at his ribs, either trying to wake him up or trying to eat him, either way, Ty was amused by the bird. Nevertheless, he said to the crow "Go 'way, I'm not dead yet." the crow either didn't hear him, didn't understand, or didn't care, most likely the latter, because it looked at Ty's face, squawked at him, then pecked his side again. Now annoyed, Ty frowned and got to his feet, prompting the bird to hop backwards. "Okay, that's annoying little bird...stoppit." He warned, but he didn't know what was up with this bird. Most creatures would have fled by now, but this crow was nothing more then persistent, it wouldn't leave. It made a light caw and poked at his leg, as if it wanted to play. Ty took that as it's message and prepared to pounce on it. "Oh...so that's how you want to play huh? Have at you then!" Ty said with a grin as he leaped at the black bird, who managed to fly away to a nearby spot on the ground. Now that the bird had Ty all riled up, he leaped again at it, to which it flew a few feet away, another pounce, another dodge. This kept going until the bird was fed up and flew up to a tree.

"Hey, no fair hiding in a tree! You're cheating!" Ty said with a laugh as he stood at the base. "I can't climb those unless I change to lupreci form!" However, Ty stopped his shouting to turn to the other wolves in the area, Geneva and Xeris. Quickly, with a bit of an embarrassed chuckle, he waved to the two of them with his front paw and called out "Geneva! Xeris! A pleasure to see you two here!"
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... Tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #D8FF00 solid; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">
"Xeris," the Nuncio said, trying out her name. It was a strange name, but it had its own charm. She tried to figure out how she might spell that. Her mouth moved silently as she tried to spell it out. X-E-R-I-S? She nodded once, satisfied with her hypothesis. She would ask Xeris at a different time, if she knew how to spell her name. Not all wolves knew how to read and write. It was just that the word was something Geneva loved dearly.

The woman looked up suddenly, because before she could respond to the white wolfess, a familiar voice penetrated her thoughts. The gray woman smiled when she saw Ty nearby, underneath a tree. He seemed to be everywhere recently, but the woman did not mind. He was becoming a friend to her. It took a while for Geneva to become comfortable with someone, but Ty was definitely getting there.

Smiling crookedly, she looked back to Xeris. "Like Ty said, I am Geneva. I have been here a while, and I like it here very much." That was putting it mildly. She very much loved Phoenix Valley. She thought that it was a wonderful place, and she was glad that others felt the same way.
[/html]
[html]

Xeris looked up at the sound of Ty's voice; she turned to him and smiled. "Hello Ty," she said. "Good to see you too." The white wolf looked back over to her new acquaintance. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Geneva. I'm always happy to meet someone new." The white female's golden eyes looked the other woman over; by appearance alone Geneva seemed to be the closest wolf to Xeris' age that she'd met so far. It was always interesting to her, meeting others. Xeris always found that every single wolf she met had a distinct and interesting personality.

"So," she said, looking to both Geneva and Ty, "What brings the two of you here?" Xeris herself had only come to this spot on a whim; it seemed that there wasn't much for her to do today. She supposed it was a good day for just sitting around and talking. She beckoned for the two others to come sit down beside her. As she looked to Ty again, she noticed that his wounds were healing. This made Xeris rather happy; perhaps it was one step closer to removing thoughts of the events on that fateful night from her mind entirely. She sat and waited politely for the others to speak.

[/html]
"Well..." Ty began as he caught up to the two females "I was taking a rather peaceful nap, when out of nowhere that crow--" He pointed to the black bird sitting in the trees as he spoke. "--decided it would wake my sorry butt up." He chuckled. "Well...it's a good thing he did, or I wouldn't have been able to see the two of you. How are you two anyway?" He turned to xeris. "Especially you, how are you after the...incident?"

Ty was reluctant to talk to her after the incident,or even about it at all, but he had to get it off his chest. He knew everyone who was involved with that incident was scarred, mentally if not physically. However, it was important to make sure everyone was alright, he didn't want anyone retaining suppressed memories from this. He ploppled his butt down on the ground when he was in close enough proximity of the two ladies to wait for Xeris response, his concern was shown fairly clear on his face, he did care for Xeris, like anyone else in the pack.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... Tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #D8FF00 solid; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">
Geneva had been unaware of some sort of issue going on. Ty kept his wording vague, and that piqued the gray wolfess' interest. But she did not say anything. It was in her nature to be curious, but she would not pry. She would assess Xeris' reaction to Ty's words first. As the second highest ranked member of the pack, she would gather important information. IF someone had been hurt, then she would most definitely make it her concern.

The woman decided to maintain her silence and turned her eyes to the white wolfess. She would wait for the other woman to speak before she would decide what else to do. It might be that the matter was personal and private, but Geneva had an inkling that there was more to this situation than there seemed.
[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Xeris turned to look at Ty when he brought up the events of the other night. She was still feeling a bit rattled, but it seemed that Ty was doing all right and she hadn't heard anything bad about Rendall, so the white female felt a bit better. "Well, I think I'm doing a bit better," she said after a short pause. "What about you? How are you feeling?" She noticed that the tan colored male was recovering from his wounds, and was thankful to see that only the bandage on his paw remained.

It was then that the white she-wolf remembered that Geneva didn't know what had happened. She turned to her new friend and began to explain. "Sorry, I guess you didn't hear," she said a bit apologetically. "There was a cougar," the white wolfess continued slowly. "Everybody's fine now. At least they are physically." She turned to Ty, knowing that he would probably be better able to explain what had happened; she was beginning to feel tense just talking about it.

[/html]
Ty huffed cheerfully as she responded with general optimism, it eased Ty to know that Xeris was doing alright, and hopefully, so were the others. The incident had worried them all, most likely Ty the least of it, but still it had affected his thoughts in some form or fashion. To the others, it was probably concern for the pup, Rendall, and how they should keep a better eye on her, even Ty considered shadowing her a few times to keep her out of trouble. But what filled his mind was that puma, that creature, the one he killed, the one he fought to the death, the battle...it was invigorating, Ty was concerned with that feeling of energy and adrenaline he enjoyed so much when fighting that mountain lion. Was it right to enjoy the fight? Was it right to savor that killing blow like he did? He didn't want to kill the puma, but at the same time, he would do it all over again. Was war really that embedded into his mind that he really still enjoyed the fight so much?

Ty snapped out of it when he realized that Geneva would be confused. Seeing Xeris wanting him to elaborate, Ty sighed lightly as he turned to Geneva, not really knowing how she would take this information. He exhaled slowly, talking in a smooth, calm, but serious fashion. "Yes, she's right, there was a mountain lion in the territory." He began, pausing to think up how to tell the story. "Apparently it must have slipped down into the valley because food was scarce or something...I'm not totally sure...but it found Rendall first." He scratched his head as he continued. 'It attacked her, biting her leg and attempting to kill her...lucky for her I was there." He then looked into Geneva's eyes with the spirit of a warrior, emitting the ferocity and confidence that trembled deep beneath Ty's surface, but he still spoke coolly and calmly, "I distracted the beast while Anya, Pendzez, and Xeris took Rendall away, and I killed that mountain lion, seeing no other option."

Taking another deep breath, Ty flashed his trademark charismatic grin. "But now everyone is alright, the threat is diminished and my wounds, along with Rendall's, have healed over. Though the puma definitely left me with some scars, but this was all weeks ago. We're all fine now, as Xeris said."
[html]
Geneva was relieved to hear that all of her pack mates were all right. But she was also upset that she had not known about the danger to them. Her brows furrowed and her dismay was clearly displayed across her delicate features. She did not say anything, and her eyes traced from one of her pack mates to the other. Then the woman just sighed and shrugged her shoulders.

"I am glad that you are all all right," the wolfess said. Her eyes came to rest on Ty. "And I am glad that the pack as an able protector, like you. But next time, any danger - even just the glimmer of danger, should be reported." She was not scolding her pack mates. On the contrary, her concern was evident in her voice. She was a soft spoken woman.

[/html]