Dare to walk the line
[html]
The blonde boy had decided already that it would take more than one trip to get the sand that he needed, which would be used in conjunction with a homemade paste of sorts, to help keep the boards of his home together and the cracks filled. Continuing to gather the sand, Jasper only stopped when he hand a good pile going. He carefully lifted out the rabbit, using one hand to smooth out the sand in the bottom of the wagon and then placed the rabbit back upon the pile. He'd do what he could keep his stuffed friend free of debris but, for the most part, it was far to late to worry about it's hygiene. Turning back to his work in the sand, he was stopped short by the footsteps approaching. Two toned eyes lifted slowly to meet the form of the much larger male, who didn't look much like a wolf or a coyote at all.

"Getting sand." He stated simply, almost wondering whether or not the other male was blind. Of course, Jasper figured that he could easily see that, but it still seemed like a silly question to ask. "To put in a paste for the tree house I'm building." Not that he thought the other would understand, but at least it was more of an explanation than the obvious.
[/html]
[html]
Gabriel frowned a little, confused. Building? Humanizing themselves was an idea he wasn’t completely comfortable with. Vienna had told him most of what she had seen and learned, so he knew where things like that could go. It concerned him that one day this place might loose touch with themselves and go mad, as the apes had done.“Didn’t you notice the borders?” he asked calmly, keeping his eyes on the boy. “You aren’t supposed to be here.”
[/html]
[html]

Jasper had already been expecting odd reactions to the fact that he was building a house in a tree, especially after everything that Corona had explained to him about the place. It would've been easier to just go and claim one of the empty houses in the city but, for whatever odd reason, he felt the need to try and salvage whatever part of his family that he could, even if it was just knowing that he lived in the same pack as they did. "I noticed them." He said calmly, dropping another large scoop of sand into the wagon and then brushing his hands together to loosen what had gathered. "That's why I stopped here, it's a pain to get this thing through the sand or else I would've gone farther up." He really didn't think it would make a difference, especially from what his sister had told him. "Corona already said this place isn't friendly sometimes, so I'll move on if I'm being bothersome." The last thing that Jasper wanted was to start trouble.

[/html]
[html]
Clever boy. He knew better then to mouth off, and his reasoning was suitable. Of course, it didn’t change anything. That was, of course, until his sister’s name was dropped. A visible reaction crossed over Gabriel’s face, the slightest look of confusion, the recognition of the name. His right hand twitched slightly, as though reminding him of the ring he wore. She had the same one. “How do you know Corona?”
[/html]
[html]

Perhaps if he pressed the fact that he was new to the area and showed that he was more than willing to heed words of caution, it would get him out in one piece. Corona had made the place seem savage and vicious though, so it wouldn't have surprised the de le Poer boy if he was completely wrong about the whole thing. "Corona? She's my sister." Sister, half-sister, percentages hadn't ever really mattered to Jasper. "I followed my dad and my Aunt Misery here from across the sea, never knew Corona was here too." It made sense, now, that this old male might know her, since she said she'd lived here before. "The place I lived was very different so she's been tryin' to help me get used to this place, said she lived here a long time ago." Poor Jasper, he hadn't a clue he was talking to his own brother. "Jasper de le Poer."

[/html]
[html]
The words hit him hard. Sister. Father. So this was one of Ahren’s children after their brood—all coyote, clearly. From Europe, judging by his explanation. An odd, sort of manic smile appeared on Gabriel’s face and he shook his head, bringing his hands to his face. Christ, this was perfect. Another mark to the list of things that were all piling up. He dropped his hands, smiling still, and locked his gold-yellow eyes on the boy. Briefly, he thought of killing him then and there. It was shoved aside roughly. He could not afford to make mistakes at this point. “You know, that’s funny. de le Poer is my last name too. Bet your dad didn’t tell you about all of us, did he?”
[/html]
[html]

The blonde youngster wasn't sure if he should be scared and confused or just confused. The reaction from the older male was nothing like he was expecting and, for a moment, he was worried that this person might consider his sister an enemy. At the words that the older hybrid spoke, Jasper's face could have easily reflected the face of someone who had been literally scared to death. "Nuh-uh." He managed finally, giving a faint shake of his head. It wasn't like Jasper to automatically assume that he had other siblings though. "So you're my Uncle or somethin'?" Corona had mentioned having other siblings once, but he'd always assumed that they only shared the same mother, not the same father.

[/html]
[html]

indent Maybe he did look mad. It was just as well. Everyone here was mad or half-mad. Shattering one boy’s perception of the world was no different then anything else he had done. Murder, self-punishment, all of it remained part of the cycle of life they lived in. He kept smiling as Jasper stared at him, kept that odd grin on his face that was more Lykoi then he would have liked. “If you want to call it that. Technically, we’d be half-brothers.”

[/html]
[html]

Half-brother. He must have been Corona's brother then, at least, that was the only thing that made sense in his mind. "Oh." It was simple, confused, and perhaps even a bit sad. "I didn't know." He'd be like the rest of them then, they all hated Jasper, why wouldn't this one? "You didn't know about us?" How could he have known? It wasn't like they'd been around or their father had been around. "Draco, Tegan, Tailesin, Tobin, and Wicca. That's all of us. I'm the only one here, though." Not like he expected it to make his..brother...feel any better.

[/html]
[html]

indent His father was dead to him, so of course he didn’t know about these new children. All six of his new children, as Jasper pointed out. The boy gave information like he still trusted the world. He was young. When he grew up, he’d stop doing that. “Your father,” he said, making a point not to say ‘our’. “Has a habit of keeping himself in the dark.” Shrugging, his peculiar smile fading to a muted version of itself, he looked at the boy pointedly. “But like I said before, you aren’t supposed to be here. Finish up and get out of here. My clan doesn’t take kindly to trespassers.”

[/html]