Crossing the Rubicon
[html]

Ayita

The bucket of water was dragging him down. His black furred paw held the metal hand and screamed in a silent pain. The stream water sloshed as he walked, and he cursed that he would be left with half of his original haul. Heath had debated on whether or not he would just let the horses roam and find their way to the stream but in the end he had chosen to bring the water to them. What would be left of his bucket.

Heath settled the bucket at the entrance of the stables, and walked down to where his mare rested. Unlatching the stable door the horse moved out and down towards the pasture. Lumière was familiar with the morning routine, even though it had only been little over a week since settling down in the pack lands. The blue roan moved to a trot, and the male called after her, “Ralentir”, Slow down. His tone low but not as hard as he had intended. He spoke only his native tongue with the horse, for some unknown reason. It felt right, easy and the words flowed with an assertive calm.

There was no need to rush to the sweet grasses and cool fresh water that he had collected for her. But still she walked with haste and with his poor placement knocked the bucket right over. Gold eyes closed in frustration, he it took everything in him to not chase the horse down and out of his life forever. He didn’t want that of course, but it was challenge to control the anger that dwelled inside. Thoughts went to Ruri, and Heath began to follow the mare with a lessening rage.

Picking the bucket up as he left the stables that coyote mix walked outside and into the morning air.

[/html]
[html]

She had been at the stream she wanted to get clean and she figured it'd be the best way. She pulled her shirt over her head as she looked around. She had one new piece of clothing due to the fact her make shift skirt ripped. Now she had a real skirt she found it in some crumbled pile of rocks. She smiled looking at her shirt boy it was getting old too.

She smiled running a hand through her hair. She smiled ok with the way she looked for now. Maybe she could learn how to make clothes or something. She looked around trying to find something more to do. Ayita started walking as she spotted a building she hadn't noticed before.

She looked around seeing a male with a horse. She didn't know much about horses she wondered more how the horse wasn't scared. She leaned against a tree near so not to scare anyone or anything.

[/html]
[html]

hi!

The black gloved man walked into the haze of the morning, thick with moisture the air was heavy and spoke of rain. Gold eyes looked to the horse that lead the way and he smiled at the dark eyed mare. A long whistle escaped his mouth, high and then low, watching only her ears turn to acknowledge him. She was a large horse, thought lean and stream line. For many days he had thought of what it would feel like to ride her, but he hadn’t gathered the courage. A blanket to start, on the calm roam mare’s back, to help get her used to the presence.

A noise, or smell changed the horses course. Heath watched her, and noticed what had caught her eye. A she wolf stood in the distance, her scent changed by the presence of the river water but clearly she belonged to the pack. His friend trotted towards her, blocking his view and half heartedly threatening to charge. The male strode to her side and instead of pushing her away, her rest a calm hand on her side. “A friend.” He said to the dark faced mare, speaking in their common tongue so that the woman would know that he wished to ease the tension was had been built.

“Hello.” He called, though he had yet to smile.

[/html]
[html]

Ayita had been watching the pair from what she thought was a safe distance. She was unsure of the male and his companion. What startled her was when the horse caught her scent and came at her with anger. She looked at it as the male stopped the horse say she was a friend.

Ayita stepped away from the tree walking slowly towards them. "Hello." Ayita said lightly as she stopped with still some space between them how odd it was to see a what breed was he? She was actually unsure but what was even odder was the fact he was with a horse.

Where she came from horse meat was a nice meal for the high ranks. She went to say something but stopped as she smiled. "My name is Ayita." She said with a wide smile and a look of wonder.

[/html]
[html]

Heath had met a few from the pack before even thinking of joining it, both leaders and Haven he had known before they even formed. Of course there was Ruri, sightless and strangely in his heart and mind when ever thoughts seemed to run away from him. He had known them, befriended them and still it wasn’t until the mare that blocked his path had led him to the borders that Heath decided that one place, a home was what he needed. It would be nice to meet more that called this land home, and he was eager to know her. Even if he didn’t outright show it.

She was startled by Lumière’s stance, the reaction that the mare was looking for. Heath could tell she was smiling inside, pleased that she might have kept the female at bay. Heath frowned, whispering his native tongue in her ear, a warning and a plea to calm and be nice. He walked past her, knowing nothing would come from her threats and approached as the blue eyed female. “Heath.” He spoke simply, and then with he let his voice become sincere. “I apologize, she can be protective over her property.” he gave a small laugh. He had never wanted to be owned by anything, but the mare seemed to think otherwise.

[/html]
\ Sorry my mind stopped
[html]

Ayita looked at him she wasn't too sure what to make of him but then again she didn't really know him. Ayita was rather surprised to be around a horse and to be talking with another at the moment. "Heath that's an interesting name." She said with a smile. She wondered about what his story was and what brought him so close to his four legged companion.

Property that was rather amusing she gave a light chuckle at the thought of being owned. At least being owned by something that could easily be made a meal. "Well at least she thinks that she can protect you." She said. "For I'd fear she would be the one needing it." Ayita was smart but right now she was a tad lost she had no knowledge about horses and in honesty what they were capable of. "So what is her purpose to you?" She asked. She kinda wanted to know and kinda wanted to know about the beast.

[/html]
[html]

If she didn’t know what to make of him, Heath was certainly lost with what to make of her. Ayita seemed nice enough, her words soft spoken and light hearted. He could see in her eyes that she was uneasy with the roan mare, but it was smart to be cautious when around such large animals. Heath had little control over her in truth, but he felt that if she wanted to go, she would. The dark faced horse had never been aggressive towards him, nor any other. Outside of a hollow threat. “Just as interesting as Ayita.”. He tested her name on his tongue, and gave a small smile.

His smile widened as she laughed softly. “Everyone seems to be passive towards them.” Eye wandered to the pasture, where Haven’s stallion roamed. He didn’t want to think of what might happen if a canine found them as easy prey. But when he imagined Lumière giving in without a fight. She was a slender horse, but did not lack the power to trample any two or four legged beast. Her next question surprised him, and he lost his smile in thought. She had found him, wounded and alone. He had given her the name of ‘light’ for that was how he saw her. “Companionship, I guess.” His smile returning, “I have not ridden her yet. If she’ll allow it.” Curiosity blossomed as he spoke of his own life. “Have you lived here long? I’m sort of new.”

[/html]
Sorry for the wait dear. I was really outta muse for the thread for a bit.

[html]
Atira walked fairly closer to where the horse was she wanted to learn she was ready too learn many new skills and make her life worth living. "oh well not long." She said looking at him. Though in honesty How long had it been she really wasn't sure she was pretty sure it was close to two months or so. She shrugged looking at the mighty horse. "So do you ri..ride thats what they call it right? Riding."She said pushing her hair out of her face.

She wondered what other things were unique about this place maybe she could have a pet? that made her mentally laugh though it didn't seem like such a bad idea. A little kitty or a big bear. Re focusing she looked at him. "Could you teach me? Or maybe just teach me about horses they slightly scare me." She said. Her eyes light up with excitement of doing something.

[/html]
[html]

oh, i hope that'll change :]

He watched as she stood with a slight discomfort. Not all wolves were comfortable with horses, being so large. Heath himself had welcomed them into his life during a time of change. It was easy to accept them while he had been shattered and in need of rebuild. As he placed the pieces together, starting with joining the pack, the horse was a species that was becoming as close as the two kinds that had created him. The coy-wolf nodded, it seemed like they were both new. A smile crossed his face, “I have not mastered riding yet. But she will allow me to sit on her back.” Gold eyes looked to the female, his tail stirring and wagging softly.

“Here…” The male spoke, his light tones hand asking her to come forward. “An introduction, to start.” He looked at the mare, and then back to Ayita, “This is Lumière.” He petted the long nose of the horse, “No need to fear her." Heath beckoned her closer to pet the horse herself.

[/html]
[html]
Atira walked to Heath and smiled the horse really wasn't that scary. She watched him touch her she smiled. "no it doesn't seem that bad after all." She said looking at the horse. Lumière what a nice sounding name she rolled it around her mind a few time smiling. Learning was the key to everything was it not?

"So you have yet to ride her but have you ridden any other horses or is she your one and only?" She asked trying to keep her focus. She reached up slowly to place her hand with Heaths drawing back slowly she sighed. She could possibly kill the horse if it attacked right? Maybe maybe not. Ayita had learned one thing though the horse flies tended to like to be around stables and in the heat they were horrid.

[/html]
[html]

The dark faced horse watched closely, eyes on the strange female. Heath stood beside the mare, one hand on her neck to keep her calm. Ayita closed the gap, her hand moving tentatively towards the horse's nose. She seemed to loose her courage, her hand withdrawing. "She is quite friendly." Heath reassured her. He could tell by the relaxation that filtered through the beast standing beside him that she had accepted his packmate as one of her own.

Offering a smile he shook his head, "No." He said, slightly embarrassed by the talents he couldn't say he had. He wanted to ride any horse, no matter the bond they had. But Heath was finding that turning standing in place to a walk and then a trot to a gallop was far harder then he had expected. But he read every day, worked with the roan mare and made slow progress. "I'm not exactly a cowboy." Her remarked, with a coy grin. "It takes small steps, need to be able to walk before we can run."

[/html]
[html]

Finally ayita took a deep breath and gentally stroked the mares nose. She was very careful of her claws as to not hurt the very nice horse. "She is very nice. Ayita said looking at the horse with a kind smile she stopped and went back to talking with Heath. "Well your learning and learning is the key to life." She said with a grin.

Everyday here was a new lesson from learning about horses to the type of prey to how those here lived. No mater where you were or what you were doing you should always take the chance and try and learn something. She looked back at the horse. "Maybe someday after you learn and train her maybe you could show and teach me." She said. "I think it would be loads of fun to learn to ride someday when I'm used to horses."

[/html]
[html]

The wolfess took the step and placed her hand on the mare's nose. Lumiere stood still and accepted the wolf, allowing the petting and as Heath watched the dark eyes of the horse he could tell she was content. Her words did not go unnoticed, and Heath brought his face back to the woman's and spoke in response, "Learn something new ever day." A quote from an elder in is last pack. The old wolf's name slipped his mind, but lessons were more important then their teachers.

"Once I have mastered it, I would be happy to show you how." He was not far from gaining this new skill. Soon enough he would be able to ride and tame any horse, he only needed the experience. The mare raised her nose, having noticed that there was no creature scratching her snout. A whinny, and then the beast turned to return to the pasture's gate. Heath picked up then bucket that had been discarded and looked to Ayita, "Have you explored much of the packlands? I have yet to see most of it..." He spoke with a softer tone, wondering if she knew of anything grand that their pack owned.

[/html]
[html]

Ayita smiled she was glad that she was making friends but right now she was ready to move on and explore. She smiled as he offer to teach her and then asked her if she had been out exploring much.That was actually what she was out doing on this lovely day. "Ya thats why I'm out here today. I'm actually going to get going so much ground to cover." She said smiling.

Ayita looked at heath. "It was so nice to meet you heath. I really do look forward to those lessons." She said her eyes glowing with joy. That was the one thing she loved about her eyes was the fact you could tell how she was feeling if you were paying enough attention. "Good bye for now."

[/html]
[html]

Heath had felt like he had only seen so much of the lands he called home. The time he had spent wandering left his legs prime for travel and it seemed that the moment he had a spot to rest he hadn't gotten off his behind. The horses kept him active, but the stables were his home, and the only other place he seemed to venture to was Ruri's cabin. The conversation bought that to light, and made him want to see what else was out there. It seemed like this was her chance to find the unknown, and Heath wasn't about to stop her. A soft smile, a gentle nod and a small reply, "See you around.", ended their meeting. Perhaps they would meet again, and he would have something to teach her. The gold eyed male watched her walk away, as when she was out of sight he continued to the stream with the bucket in hand.

[/html]