A house, a home
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... able-1.png); width: 500px; height: 412px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; right: 90px; top: 95px; width: 260px; height: 280px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

TJ got accepted quickly, so his thread will be coming soon.
Word count: 257, worth no points.

Let me show you the wonders of life

After doing some last looking around, Hanna made her decision. AniWaya was the place for her. It seemed right; seemed like a place that Hanna would enjoy calling home. Everyone had their place, had their duties, and that was what the woman needed. A place to call her own that allowed her to use all of her talents to better everyone else. A down-home earthy place that, while it embraced the help that shifting brought, also cherished the old ways and the old things. Yes, AniWaya was this place, and hopefully she would soon call it home.

She made her way into the Serena Reserve, startling a small herd of wapiti that were standing nearby, but today she was not in the mood to hunt. She was on a mission. Over the plains, through stands of trees, and right up to the edge of borders Hanna went. She couldn't be certain who would answer her call, but she held onto the hope that it would be the leader. Her head tilted back, satchels that were filled with all her earthly belongings set away from her a bit, Hanna let loose a brilliant soprano call to the surroundings.

When the last echoes had died away, Hanna's chin dipped and her head swiveled around to make sure everything was in order. She didn't want to be fiddling with things when her greeter came, no matter what their rank was, so she made quick work of it and then sat down upon a convenient stump just ahead of her satchels.

[/html]
[html]
HAI Wink slight ramble from me, sorry
Word Count: 401

It could be the season. Or the weather. Or maybe the fact that winter was not so far away anymore, and with that realization came the need to be part of a collective effort to stay alive. He wasn't certain, but around these days and for a few months more, the tribe had always had a little wave of newcomers to their ranks. He liked to think of it as fresh blood, although every member in his AniWayan tribe could be described as just that, since his daughter and himself were the only true Aniwayans left now. Quickly, he fastened his belt around his waist and stepped out of the small hut that was his den, and headed in the direction of the howl. It would be interesting to see who this joiner was. If it wasn't a joiner he would be surprised, but he never ruled out the possibility that it could be a representative from another pack that wished to see him. Other cases was nearly always handled by the scouts.

Heading north, the route took him through his village and onto the working fields. Passing a few horses he hurried along, not wanting to let the stranger wait. It was some distance to cover, but his lanky legs helped him along, and after not too long he could spot an unevenness in the horizon, one that wasn't always there. Coming closer, it confirmed his assumption: Sitting on something in the distance was a dark-pelted female. Greeting her with a friendly wave of his arm, he covered the distance between them. The view was undisturbed, but the distance seemed shorter. It was the flatness of the working fields that made it so. Soon, he was finally close enough to speak to her, standing a few feet away, and he gave her his usual greeting. Something between a nod and a bow, eyes closed and face downwards. Lifting his face and gaze up again, he sought eye contact and introduced himself. It was how he always did it, without exception. "Hello. My name is Dawali Amara, I'm the chief of the tribe whose borders you are standing on, AniWaya." Pausing, he glanced at the scars on her muzzle, they weren't that old. He would know, he knew what there was to know about scarring. His own were not yet fully healed. Smiling politely, he continued. "How can I help you?"

By James!
[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... able-1.png); width: 500px; height: 412px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; right: 90px; top: 95px; width: 260px; height: 280px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

*beats on the slow-ass connection, then looks up* Good morning, Marit! Big Grin My brain just died, so this is total ramble.
Word count: 286, worth no points.

It was a short time Hanna had to her thoughts before she was joined by a lanky reddish-furred wolf. He wore a belt much like the one fastened about her waist, though hers was for her knives alone, not for pouches and such. Mentally, Hanna slapped a hand to her forehead. She'd forgotten to disarm herself so he didn't think she might be a homicidal maniac. Well, it was too late now. Her greeter had arrived.

And he wasn't just any old pack member, either; she had had the good fortune to catch the attention of the chief himself. The man bowed slightly, Hanna dipped her body a bit lower. His yellow eyes caught her mismatched ones, she gave her gaze over to the reddish wolf, smiling softly, politely.

Despite going days at a time without seeing another soul, Hanna had developed a sort of story-teller's method to her speech, some small lilt to her words that sought to draw the listener in. "Greetings, Chief. My name is Hanna. For several months now I've been a wanderer, and I'm looking for a place to call home, a place where I can find shelter and companionship."

Hanna extended her left arm, a signal to Tobias to join her. They'd been working more on signs recently because spoken words were not always convenient, especially on a hunt. The red-tailed hawk circled down, almost lazily riding the wind, and settled himself on the extended limb, carefully avoiding hurting the fragile body of his friend. She'd helped him when he needed it, and so he stayed with her, assisting her, often whether she needed it or not. He preened slightly as they both waited for a reply from the Kalona.

[/html]
[html]
Hehe, thanks, you too Wink
Word Count: 380

She gave him a greeting in return, and he stood still as he listened to her proposal. As he had thought - and he liked being right. Not in the arrogant, smug way, just slightly satisfied with himself. He didn't believe in not encouraging oneself, anyway. As the femme spoke, he studied her further, and found knives in her belt, and an odd pair of irises. They were not the same. He had seen those with eyes such as hers before, but he had never lived with one or interacted with one. Most of those he had seen had been highly ranked, and in the past, when he was a lowly member of the old AniWayan tribe. He had not been allowed to approach them. Secretly he believed they had been revered to those ranks simply because of their eyes, as if they held a spiritual meaning, because more often than not they had had no particular skills, as the rest of the Masters did. This person, however, was the same as everyone else, it seemed, and as a bird flew down and sat itself on her outstretched arm he became certain: she'd fit nicely in the tribe, if she could just pass the test.

Maintaining his smile, Dawali nodded before he replied, his voice warm. There was no doubt that he held an amount of authority, however. His feathered mane moved as a current of air moved past his head, and the sudden sensation of claws in his shoulder reached his brain. What, Gvihita was jealous now? She'd gotten much attention since she started showing herself to everyone, a powerful eagle as she were, but to behave like this? Well, she was female. Perhaps she wanted to establish some form of authority over the bird, but she should know better than anyone that the bird did not recognize her as a bird. Because she was not. With a puzzled look he glanced at the brown eagle, before looking to Hanna and continuing, his smile again in place. "I see. I can see you have knives, there, so I assume you know how to wield them. Do you have other skills that might contribute to our tribe? These are just standard questions, I ask every joiner about these same issues."

By James!
[/html]
[html]

*plays WoW and loses track of time* I was gonna ask, does this thread count for points, too?
Word count: 389, worth 2 points

Hanna's face lit up when Ghivita joined Dawali. She thought nothing more of the pairing than she did herself and Tobias' relationship. It was doubtless one of friendship, and likely sprouted from something one did to help the other. In Hanna's case, she'd found Tobias hurt, and between herself and Pilot, they'd gotten the bird to let her repair his wing. She'd helped him regain his flight, and in return he helped her by herding larger, sick prey to her or even hunting small prey alongside her or at her command. She provided shelter, he helped provide sustenance. And he'd never once left her side, save when she'd send him.

Toby, on the other hand, seemed to take great offense to the larger bird's presence, his talons gripping perhaps tighter than normal. He saw right through the guise of the eagle, and let her know it too, screeching and flapping his wings, unintentionally braining Hanna a couple times. He also slanted her a very disgruntled look when she scowled at him and told him under her breath to hush, as if to say, Can't you tell she's not normal? Then, to her great surprise, took off to circle above her head some distance up. She watched him as she listened to Dawali's questionnaire, and then shrugged a little and turned her full attention back to him.

"I do have other skills. Being a lone wolf has created of me a jack-of-all-trades, if you will. Medicine is my first love; I use both the humans' modern compounds and older, herbal techniques. I can build a fair little cottage, courtesy of needing to repair the place I lived most recently, and I also tan animal skins to make clothing and furs to sleep in. Probably my most useful skill, though, is fire-making." She rolled her left shoulder forward, exposing the tattoo half-hidden by her fur. "My brother's pack elder decreed I was a Firebringer according to his pack's standards because while learning there, I caught onto the techniques of the flint and steel quicker than the others of my age." There was no arrogance in her voice, but a reverence, hidden somewhat. She didn't know it, but she'd lost the respect she carried for the flame when first she received the tattoo. It was a powerful and important thing to lose.

[/html]
[html]
My reply stinks but that's the best I can do >_>
Word Count: 351

The bird on the femme's shoulder reacted with either fear or anger at Gvihita's appearance, and he knew she liked it. She couldn't smile because of her beak, but it was almost as if smugness radiated from her. It did not decrease when the mortal bird took off and circled above instead. The male glanced upwards before he looked at the female again, waiting until she was finished talking. He was glad to see that she was not afraid of him, and her skills spoke of learning to be on one's own. It was all good and well to have the members of the tribe respect you and thus be somewhat uncertain about how to behave around him, but it was refreshing to meet someone with a decent amount of confidence, too. Nodding as she finished her summary, as it seemed to be, he smiled again, but paused a moment before responding. So, she was good at handling fire, eh? They had no fire tenders as per yet in the tribe, and they did need one. Right now, Dawali was burdened with performing all the tasks of the Masters, because none here had yet risen to become a Master in anything. It would be a relief to know that at least there was one active person in all the needed skills around the tribe, and this femme could fit into several of them. "From what you're telling me I'm sure you'd be fit in well among our ranks. We have a need for someone to tend the many smaller fires around here, and also particularly that big ceremonial fire you can probably see at a distance as we head on into town. If you want, I can teach you what such a position would mean - culturally and spiritually - for us. That is if you'd be interested in it - we have several other spots open as well, which you seem to be able to fill." Smiling openly at his new-found tribe member, he waited for her response, his tail moving behind him in an ever so slow wagging motion.

By James!
[/html]
[html]

Slightly rambly but not too bad. If you like, you could do one more post that sets them going toward town and then I'll put another thread up concerning her decision. Smile
Word count: 308, worth 2 points

Hanna's eyes turned toward the sky once more, tracking what was now a reddish-brown dot high above her, as her bird reacted apparently out of fear. As he circled, Hanna could hear a steady stream of mutterings coming from Tobias. She'd never heard her companion being so vocal, especially not about the same topic, in this case whether Hanna was stupid or just could not tell that the bird called Ghivita was "not right" -- whatever that meant. Then as the leader spoke, Hanna let her eyes wander toward the horizon, sending a short stream of thought to the red-tail that amounted to 'Shut up.'

Now that Dawali mentioned it, she could indeed see the pillar of smoke that rose into the blue sky from where they were standing. A ceremonial fire? This she wanted to see. Was there anything different or special about the ceremonial fire, or was it just a huge blaze? Her curiosity piqued, Hanna's tail copied Dawali's movements, and she nodded at him. Yes, sir, I think I'd like to learn more about that job, and any others that I'd fit into. I'd like to know more about the culture, too. Will you teach me?

There was a glint in Hanna's eyes that, over any other quality, betrayed her love of learning. The icy blue and bright green orbs had always been the portal to Hanna's thoughts, no matter how much she attempted to hide this fact, and now she wasn't trying to hide it at all. She held a love for AniWaya already, a love she'd not held for any other place. Perhaps she'd not been kidding herself when she convinced herself that a change of location was what she needed. Whether she was or was not, Hanna's demeanor held a very childlike quality; she was truly excited to be joining this pack.

[/html]
[html]

LOOK NEW TABLE Big Grin And I liked your ramble ^_^ Last post of this thread by mine now then Smile
Word Count: 318

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

Dawali smiled and nodded at her words. In fact, he was delighted at this encounter and the fruits his tribe might bear from it. Hanna seemed to be a knowledgeable person, and he admired that. Dawali was, unknowingly, much like this female in front of him, for he - too - valued the want for knowledge and experience very highly. Experience and knowledge could help turn a situation completely, and it gained you respect from the people around you. It made your life easier, and so he didn't quite understand why most people wouldn't want to seek more of it. He was, himself, ever seeking more knowledge, but he was hesitant to touch the human secrets. Their spirits haunted him in human cities, laden with pain and sorrow. It was, to him, a dark and troubling thing.

However, his positive surprise was not limited to this first thought - because Hanna wanted to know about their culture. There were only so many conversation subjects that got Dawali talking, and their collective culture was among them. Only him and his daughter were left of those who truly knew the traditions and cycles, but he wanted to spread it here, as much as it could. It was a soft and caring environment, and children would benefit from having such a rich world to grow up in. Though most of his members here gained some knowledge on their culture indirectly or directly by talking and experiencing, he found that there were not that many who actively sought to learn more about it. Hannah did, and for that he was positively surprised, and delighted. Smiling, his arm gestured they walk in the direction of the village while they talked. She wouldn't believe all the things he had to tell her.

"I'll gladly teach you! Anything you want to know, just ask away. We can start walking into the village as we talk."

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.