changing all the time, playing with your mind
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... /free1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
WC: 570

The proud canine flexed his fingers experimentally. No longer did the bruises swell his knuckles, making his solo hand stiff and painful to move. His hand had healed, including the scrapes that had marred his pristine white fur. A full moon ago, he had heard the tale of his Ruri meeting the would-be murderer from Dahlia de Mai at their borders. He had been upset enough to punch a hole through the cabin wall. His capricious mood had faded much faster than the fractured knuckles, though, and in a huff he had decided to spend some time abroad.

His sensitive nose quivered at the border, testing the scent markers that his followers had left. Something unsettled him, though. The dynamics of their collective scent had changed. New male musks were present, whereas the trusted females he had formed the pack with had all but vanished. Had his petite soleil Firefly left the coast without a word to her sailing buddy? "How crass," he thought aloud with a stormy frown, kicking a seashell violently against the rocky beach cliffs. The delicate construct shattered with a soft 'tinkle'. And Svara, who claimed to have fallen in love with him? Where had she vanished off to? Had Haku snuffed her life for good this time, or was she merely being as flighty as he was, and decided on a whim to leave their new homeland? Petulantly, the childish king planted his legs apart and sprayed his own scent atop the loosely-defined borders, emptying his full bladder to overpower the foreign trails.

With a contented grunt, the one-armed Optime shook the last few drops onto the sand and strode fearlessly into his territory. There were funny-looking tracks indenting the soft ground about him; like the swift footfalls of deer, only the hoofprints were not cloven. The collie-hybrid's obsidian eyes narrowed, glittering as he studied the deep scuffmarks. "I thought Monsieur Haven was the only one to have adopted one of these horse beasts," he remarked under his breath, tilting his head so that his fringed ears folded lopsidedly. Had the horseback riding trend caught on? Really, the hairy creatures looked like nothing more than rotund meals to the king, but he also had a habit of avoiding hunting, since it involved work. If his legions preferred to let shaggy deer carry them around rather than running, he could at least understand the sentiment.

The perplexed alpha continued padding along, moonlight shining upon his path. The sand gleamed white, the roiling waves of the ocean washed black by the night sky as the ghostly figure traipsed deeper into his kingdom, feeling out of place after his impromptu vacation. They had not been overrun in his absence, which was a good sign, but things had clearly taken an odd turn. A chill breeze chased down his lean spine, whirling the sparse dune grass before chiming a clear peal. Jacquez froze, listening to the sweet jumble of musical notes. There was a wind chime... it must be attached to the cabin where Ruri took residence. She could not have found such an artifact herself... she had received a gift. From an admirer, his suspicious mind assumed correctly. His thick glossy tail whipped back and forth in the night shadows, agitation curling his lip. Svara must have left after all. Otherwise, no male would be allowed that close to his blind companion. How much had changed after all?

[/html]
[html]

OOC... Do you mind if I join?

IC..

Ayita loved the night it made it slightly easier to hunt as long as you stayed down wind from that which you were hunting. Tonight wasn't her night though she hadn't thought clearly about what she was taking on. Not to mention the fact that she got distracted what an amateur mistake. She shrugged it off licking her sore forearm. She stood shaking off the dust and sighed alright she had to get something tonight she hadn't brought anything back to the house where she was staying.

Finally something to eat she noticed another dear but stopped short noticing it was a buck she had just been attacked by a buck and she was not in the mood to tango with another one. Stepping off away from it she yawned looking around ok she had to find something. She was now on mission impossible due to the fact she was in honesty in no mood to hunt anymore.

Shaking her head she sighed heading into the woods more. Maye she'd find some one out here to be with instead of roaming alone or maybe she should go back to the cabin that was missing one member. She shrugged once again as she heard steps whipping around she snarled getting into a attack position. That was when she noticed who it was she backed away looking at the ground. "Lord Jacquez, f.. forgive me."

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... /free1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Of course I don't mind! ^_^ I assumed Ayita was in her werewolf form? I can edit it if I was wrong.

The silvery moonlight illuminated feminine curves as a lupine figure flitted through the trees. Jacquez raised an eyebrow, bold and unafraid. A startled snarl emitted from her curled lips before the werewolf recognized the absentee leader of the pack. Immediately her demeanor grew humbled, and Jacquez smiled appreciatively, striding closer to greet her personally. It was the young woman he had been introduced to at the bonfire last month, the shy girl with the crystal-blue eyes and flowing black mane. The name eluded him, although her scent was familiar and therefore a comfort. Not everything was different since he had wandered away.

"No need for forgiveness, mademoiselle - on a night such as this, the moon plays tricks on us all..." His black lips curled into a smile, his foul mood evaporating at the sight of a pretty girl. The trick never failed. The tall king sidled the last few paces, his plumed tail waving a slow tempo to keep him in step. Had she been hunting? he mused, noting her slightly disheveled appearance, that she was a touch out-of-breath, that she carried the aroma of branches and grass and stag.

"A little ambitious, don't you think? For one lone woman to try to hunt a deer all by herself..." he added teasingly, looking her over head to tail. Most wolf hunters at least needed a partner, to herd the deer into an ambush... not that he would know. He was the sort of monarch that let others do the hunting for him. During his travels, he subsisted on the contents of birds' nests and whatever he could throw a rock at. Alcohol was what kept him going, anyway... and he had plenty of that.

[/html]
\ Sorry my mind stopped
[html]

Ayita stood changing fully. She went over to the tree and grabbed her clothes she left there. "I'm a fairly good hunter but the buck of the herd was around. I was foolish to take him on." She gave a smile as she ran her hand through her hair. She stepped back over towards him and she smiled at him.

She pulled her sore and minorly injured arm behind her back. "So your majesty how have you been?" She found it odd he hadn't used her name. It was ok if he forgot it she was just a member. "May I say you look like you haven't been resting well." She said. Ayita looked at him with her crystal blue eyes hoping to find something. Maybe she could be a friend one she could sit and chat with.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 446

The tall dog watched impassively as the werewolf rose fluidly onto her hind legs, collecting the garments she had stowed nearby. He had yet to find any clothes that interested him enough to try on - he firmly believed that the beauty in his appearance would shine the greatest on its own, stark and naked. Let others stare. He enjoyed the attention. It therefore amused him to see his followers develop attachments to raiments such as Haven's coat or even his Ruri's sweater. Unless the inclement weather posed a threat, there was no reason powerful enough to validate concealing the raw attractiveness of his own body. Or so his thoughts ran.

Jacquez noted the stiff way she carried her forearm, and quirked his lips into a knowing smile. "Indeed, wild animals can be dangerous... You must be more careful, ma jolie fille. I lost my arm to a wild animal, you know. A mighty bear ambushed me, frothing and rabid. I was caught unawares, and threw my arms up to protect myself - hhrrah!" He snarled for effect, teeth flashing in the moonlight as he motioned an attack with his long claws. Would it impress her, the shy flower? "One swipe sent my arm flying, a gruesome and merciless injury. I was forced to flee for my life, knowing that the mad bear's bite could give me the madness as well. I still regret that I did not avenge my loss, though. Always be on your guard when you wander by yourself, especially in the quiet of the night." He concluded with an appraising smile, dark eyes gleaming with anticipation. He loved his stories. Of course they were completely false - he told a different "arm" tale to everyone he met. Even he didn't know which one was true anymore.

A timid, probing question was voiced, and Jac frowned comically, folded ears flopping forward. "I do not appear at my full radiance? How cruel, mademoiselle! I assure you, I have been sleeping as much as ever. That is to say, not much. I do not require the sustenance of dreams - merely the ambient warmth of the sun is enough to power me for days..." He flourished dramatically, finding himself quite close to her. The werewolf's clear blue eyes shone brightly in the nighttime gloom, framed by the dark waves of her mane. His drink-addled memory could recall a blurry image of her on the beach, with the rest of the pack, at the bonfire... She had been pretty then, too. Her name started with an "ahh" sound... Alma... Antoinette... Ayaka... Amanda... He tried not to crinkle his muzzle with the effort. Alcoholics had poor memory.

[/html]
\ Sorry my mind stopped
[html]

Ayita was always the type that enjoyed the company others would share with her and the chance she'd have to get to know those she lived around. Though she wanted a chance to find romance, maybe love or just mutual feelings she wanted a chance at starting a new.She brushed her hair aside a bit looking at him. By now he had gotten rather close to her.

"I meant nothing ill of it I swear" Ayita said smiling. She wondered if he'd mind her flirting or maybe.. She stopped the thought she left that world behind and all the thoughts like that should be as well. "You must be right the sun is enough for you. Though in this moon light I fear it only shows half of how handsome you are." She teased lightly. The last thing she wanted was to be labeled a pack whore or what not.

Ayita looked into his eyes how odd for one not to greet the other even for a king. What was he thinking though they had not met but once she had hopped. "You haven't forgotten my name have you?" She asked "Mon nom est ayita votre majesté." She said with a whisper. A smiled laced her lips as she made a light kissing sound by his cheek as a slight tease. She leaned back to a normal stance.

[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the wait, love, and the short reply! ^^; You can now hover over his French if you need the translation.

The dark-haired werewolf laughed off his concerns, and he smiled in return, pleased by her flippant reaction to his accusations. She was humble, but she knew how to take a joke. A good balance. Jacquez was surprised he hadn't seen more of her around his kingdom; he might not have stayed away for as long, had his short attention span held onto the idea that such a lady lived here alongside him. Her flattery went a long way. The delusional monarch would never tire of hearing about himself.

His dark eyes gleamed with wicked delight when she replied in his own tongue, her coquettish voice a breathy whisper near his ear. "Ayita... Je suis désolé, mon cherie, l'alcool me fait oublier..." She offered him a teasing ghost of a kiss, and he leaned over her, gaze lingering on her slender figure. He did like a tease... but he liked a bed warmer even more, and it had been too long since anyone had brightened up his chilly nights. It wasn't fair to only play the pre-game, and then run off before the show began. The little Lykoi with the red eyes had done that, and it was simply unsportsmanlike. He could have offered her so much...

[/html]
Hover for translation
[html]

Ayita looked at him as he came closer to her. She could feel his breath and something about this made her feel excited. She placed a hand on his chest. She could feel his heart beat and she got a chuckle. He was very handsome and he was the leader but she didn't want to be the pack smut. She wanted to make her place like anyone else.

"Je... Your majesty, is there anything you'd want from me?" She asked She wanted a relationship she wanted something but she wasn't sure if being used was it. the thought tumbled through her head. She ran her other hand down his arm. "Que cherchez-vous ? Sont vous comptant constatez qu'un copain ou vous avez-ils besoin juste d'un bon ami ? Ou avez-vous besoin juste d'un copain de lit ?" She asked smiling. She had the erge and had to take it for that one moment she smiled. None of the presure of the past was on her and it was nice.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 300

Her smile was pretty, flashing in the moonlight, framed by her long dark hair. Her small hand was warm against his hard chest, a gentle gesture of affection. But if she had to ask, then she was not what he was looking for. Disappointment crossed his expressive dark eyes, and he leaned back, setting his one hand firmly on his hip. "I'm not sure," he admitted simply, tilting his head so that his rich-brown mane fell across one shoulder. Sometimes it was true, he did not know exactly what it was he searched so boldly for. It was hard to put into words, but he'd know it if he saw it. Definitely not a relationship, though. He only loved one person, and that was the blind girl he raised from puphood, Ruri Aceline. Everyone else existed solely for his amusement as their monarch - and if they trusted him, they knew exactly what to expect of his selfish ways.

"Je voudrais que tu te couches ce soir," he murmured simply, silver light dancing in his obsidian-black eyes. "It's too late for a lady to be wandering around. There are dangerous things in the woods." He winked teasingly, but his short attention span was already elsewhere. He needed to find out how much his beloved kingdom had changed without its king. When Firefly and Svara had both lost interest and deserted him, had anyone else? It was good that Heath had sought him out when he did, or else others might begin to leave too... and that would not do. The kingdom of the Cour des Miracles was not one to be taken lightly! Holding his chiseled muzzle at a proud angle, the one-armed Optime nodded respectfully to Ayita Catori, before stalking off into the forest. There were dangerous things in those woods.

[/html]