Dahlia de Mai Holiday Poll
[html]So July's submissions for the challenge are in! There are six choices and you can vote for three each! The three holidays with the most votes will become Dahlian holidays. To vote you can either post in this thread with your three choices or if you prefer you can PM the Dahlia de Mai account with your choices. Voting is for Dahlian members only please! Voting ends August 3!

Remembrance Day
mid-August, a year after the Dahlian war ended, celebrating a year of peace and good relations with other packs, mourning those who had lost their lives in the Dahlian War and in any other violent causes since then.

The First Full Moon

The mythical bond between the full moon and a wolf is a mystery to most, but it is an established fact that once a month a shifter can feel a certain tug in their chest. The sun's blue brother is a symbol of what we are, shifter or not, and one of the greatest gifts we have been given as a race. This celebration takes place during the first full moon of the year, in January.

The New Generation

This holiday is dedicated to the new contributions to the pack ranks, the children. The celebration takes place whenever a pack-born pup is two months old. The litter is brought to the harbor with their family (and those of the pack who want to go as spectators) to take a dip in the salty water. This act symbolizes their journey into life, and marks them as a shared responsibility of the whole pack, not just their parents'.

Festival of Humanity
Bi-annually: September 1st and March 1st. If the pack wishes to celebrate (depending on the weather and general state of the pack, the leaders may opt out of either festival, or either day of celebration), Dahlia de Mai goes down to Berwick in the spring, Wolfville in the fall. The celebration occurs over two days. On the morning of the first, a careful, thorough examination is made of a couple buildings, and any resources that may be beneficial to the pack are uncovered and distributed to those who need them (this part could be NPC'd). In the afternoon, anyone who has particular things they need - be they books on obscure, particular lore, or arts and crafts supplies, or anything, may put in a request. Then it becomes like a scavenger hunt, with everyone helping everyone else find the human items that they need (this could be done in a series of threads, with members of the pack interested in participating being paired up and given a few items to find). On the second day, the leaders of Dahlia figure out which of the buildings are in the worst state of repair, and a general effort is made to fix up the place - patching holes in the roofs, gathering stray bits of wood to rebuild crumbling steps, etc (this could be done in a pack thread, perhaps).

Hibernal and Aestival

(one submission since the holidays go together)

Hibernal occurs at the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. To celebrate survival through winter in times when food was much harder to come by the pack hunts the old way, as a lupus with no weapons and no making use of stored food. While the celebration is somewhat somber and serious (those who catch nothing during the day normally do not eat during the night), most wolves enjoy the hunt and the fest, poking fun at those who did not catch anything. Hunting is done normally in pairs or alone and wolves have from the time they wake until when the sun sets to catch something. Once the sun is set a pack leader or the priest/priestess lights a bonfire, and everyone shares the food they have hunted that day. A somber pack howl usually closes out the night.

Aestival occurs at the summer solstice and is the counterpart of Hibernal. Aestival is a celebration of easy living, no one is permitted to hunt within the pack boundaries for the whole day and most wolves take the day off from other duties, though one or two wolves are spared for border patrol. Stored food is feasted upon and often fresh killed game from the previous day is roasted. Aestival is a day of indulgences and a blind eye is turned when anyone goes a little too over board. In the evening a pack gathering is held, during which lower ranking wolves can assume the persona of a leader the remainder of the evening, the true leaders acting as subordinates, often this is used to poke fun at the ways of the leaders. Much joking and jesting often goes on throughout the day, with pranks being pulled by puppies common.

Commemoration of all Faithful Departed (Commemoratio omnium Fidelium Defunctorum.)

This Holiday, stemming from Christianity, is also known as the Feast of all Souls. Once a year, on November 2nd, Dahlians make their way down to the cemetery where they spend the day reminiscing and praising former friends and family who have left the realm of the living.
As dusk befalls Dahlia de Mai, the pack members become one; joining together in song, guiding lost souls through the night.

[/html]
AHAHA. I POSTED WITH MY HONORÉ ACCOUNT, AND IT IS NON-DAHLIAN. That's what you get for insulting me, Kris!

1- The First Full Moon
2- Hibernal & Aestival
3- Commemoration of all Faithful Departed

Over and out. :3
oyeah? well I can break my own rule too. I'm posting with an account I don't even USE anymore, SO THERE JESS.

1.Remembrance Day.
2.The New Generation
3.Hibernal and Aestival
MooooooooooooooOOOoooooOOOOooooo!one!!!1!

Translation:
1- The First Full Moon
2- Hibernal & Aestival
3- Commemoration of all Faithful Departed

edit; FREEDOM FOR CREATURES! LET THEM VOTE TOO!
1. Remembrance Day
2. Hibernal and Aestival
3. Commemoration of all Faithful Departed
1. Commemoratio omnium Fidelium Defunctorum (Yay for really cool names! =D)
2. The New Generation
3. Hibernal and Aestival
1- The First Full Moon
2- Hibernal & Aestival
3- New Generation

Although I kinda like all of them. Smile
1. Festival of Humanity
2. The New Generation
3. Remembrance Day
1. Remembrance Day
2. The New Generation
3. The First Full Moon