good morning, mr miller!
[html]

OOC: Always a pleasure RP-ing with you! <3 300+

The meeting between her sister, herself and Naniko had not gone as planned. Brooklyn couldn't believe that her mother would refuse help in such a stubborn way. She had returned to Crimson Dreams empty-handed, her heart a tattered, broken mess. How could she not manage to make her mother see the truth? How could she simply refuse the love and care she would get among her pack and choose to stay in cold Halifax? The days were losing their golden touches, the clouds rolling in to pour their malice and anger over the lands. The girl had taken to staying inside the mansion, far away from Anu and Savina, brooding by a window, trying to find a way to bring her mother back. What could she offer her that no one else could? Probably very little. But she could try. Today was no different. She sat and watched as it rained on and on, a grey curtain falling over the lands, drowning it in a higher kind of sorrow. Brooklyn had decided that today she would do some exercise, patrol or hunt, anything to get her body moving.

She quietly descended the steps, listening for any kind of movement, but for now the manor was quiet. She gently pushed the door open, letting the sound and smell of the rain enter the house. It was overwhelming, seeing so much water, but as she leaned on the door to lose herself momentarily in the beauty, Brooklyn realised that soon, she would be a year old. Just a couple of months left and she will have been in the pack for a full year. Not a grown up, oh no, but close enough. It scared her. She had lost so much in the year, first her brothers, then her mother. She had gained experience, yes, but it did not dampen the feeling of loss in her heart. With a sigh, she went out on the porch and stared out across the lands. Hunting would be better than patrolling, that was for sure. But really, what was there to do if not provide something for the pack. It would be ideal to take her mind off things. Brooklyn looked over her shoulder, waiting for anyone to come out and join her. She didn't mind the company, but she didn't exactly crave it. Would anyone actually join her?

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... matatf.jpg); background-position: top center; padding-top: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

^=^~~ <3
300+

It was raining, and the clouds were angry again. Amata sat in the room by herself, staring out the same window she had looked through yesterday. Only today, she couldn’t see the bright sun-spot that made her squint. Today, the sky was dark and grey, and it was wet outside too, something that the clouds also made. The sound of the rain was nice and peaceful, that rhythmic and yet chaotic sound relaxing, lulling the young girl into a sleep. Eventually, Amata found herself on her stomach, her head resting on her paws as her hind legs sprawled out behind her. The floor was cool. It was nice to just lay there when it was not hot. It was when the creamy girl was about to fall asleep that she jumped up, a small yelp of surprise offered into the rain and silence. With a flash of lightning and a great boom of thunder, the clouds took up their angry argument once more. Amata was still afraid. Now that she was on her paws once more, she turned and ran out the room, ripping down the stairs. She didn’t really know where she was going, but being afraid made her want to run and run aimlessly.

She bumped into something. With a soft squeak, the girl plopped back down upon the ground, able now to regain her head. Looking up, the blue and green eyes found someone familiar. It was B’ook-lin! Her tail wagged behind her as she sat with her neck craned up at the older girl. "Sorwy, B’ook-lin! I was runnin’ from the clouds!" There was a little apprehension that was felt by the pup. After all, the last time Amata had seen B’ook-lin, B’ook-lin had ran out angrily from the pack meeting, and Mamma had done nothing except for look sad. Nevertheless, Amata was a friendly girl, and she offered up a smile. "What is you doin’ here, B’ook-lin?" Her head was cocked to the side as she pushed herself up, backing away a few steps so that she didn’t have to make her neck hurt. Everyone who walked with two feet was tall!

[/html]
[html]

OOC: I have a feeling I'll like these two together 300+

The rain showed no sign of relenting, but the white girl knew she would have to make a move. Waiting here would achieve nothing, but hunting would at least made her forget about everything else. The answer came quickly, when a small cream lump of fur bumped into her leg. The girl turned abruptly, ready to face the intruder, but all aggression melted away at the sight of Amata. Her features softened and she smiled slowly. For all that had happened, she still liked the pups, the most innocent of the lot. These were the future of the pack, the ones who would carry the name forward, like she and her siblings had been once. Brooklyn knelt before the small pup and stroked the fur gently. Hello, sweetheart. You don't have to be afraid of the clouds, I'll protect you. She might still have some qualms about the meeting, but she was not petty enough to take it out on the pups.

I was going to go for a quick hunt. You guys are growing up so fast and the pack could always use a few more rabbits, you know? Have you ever gone hunting, Amata? Brooklyn was not her sister. Mati was good with children, hadn't Mati taken care of Cambria? Mati was bigger and much stronger than her sister, she was the better protector, she had the patience and understanding that Brooklyn mostly lacked. The white girl was far too impatient, far too quick to anger, to be able to deal with children for very long. But the least she could do was teach them something, right? Brooklyn looked back over the rainy landscape. Her coat would only prove to be a hindrance. Shrugging it off her shoulders, she carefully packed it up and set it aside before starting to shift. The bones melded and folded as she willed herself into four legs. The world grew smaller and then expanded, sensory perception changed somewhat and after a few minutes, Brooklyn stood on four legs beside Amata. I thought it might be easier to follow me on four legs, she added, nudging the cream puppy, her tail wagging.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... matatf.jpg); background-position: top center; padding-top: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

Amata found that she had been holding her breath, and not discretely either. Her cheeks puffed out a bit as she looked up at B’ook-lin. It wasn’t as if the young girl were afraid that the older wolf would hurt her, but the nervousness that came with the memory of the angry departure at the pack meeting caused her to hold her breath. And so, as B’ook-lin knelt and Amata realized that she had been holding her breath, a little sigh was released as she smiled at the older girl. The soft petting that she was given was soft and nice, and she liked that it was not angry but happy and kind. "Thanks, B’ook-lin!" she exclaimed, her little tail wagging to epmphasize her relief. "They was very, very scary!" The blue and green eyes turned to look past the other and out into the rainy world, and she considered the dark clouds with an almost comical solemn. After she had looked at the angry clouds, the creamy pup turned back to B’ook-lin. "I’s feels better nows," she affirmed with a smile. It was better to have someone to protect you than to be scared by yourself. That was always better.

"Hunting!" she exclaimed. Amata had been practicing her quiet-walk ever since she had found out that Air-es could hunt. And even though Air-es was mean and hurt her (although her shoulder felt much better now), she was still amazed, and so she practiced. But, "Nos, I’s never gone hunting afores." Well, she had gone chasing after rabbits, but all of them had gotten away. Maybe it was because Amata had not really taken her hunting attempts seriously, seeking only to play even with the rabbits. It was fun to run as fast as one could and feel the wind rushing through her ears and pushing on her nose and feel the grass tickle her sides and tummy. And the little girl was concerned only with having fun. For now, she was content with still relying upon the adults to hunt for her. But she still wanted to learn. If mean Air-es could do it, then she could do it to.

As B’ook-lin suddenly began to shift, Amata watched with silent awe, her little mouth making a little ‘o’. She wanted to know how to do that too, but to shift, she would have to be older, she heard. Amata wondered if this was fun too, and she wondered what it felt like. But the greatest thing that she looked forward to was to learn how to catch butterflies with Mamma. She had been looking forward to that for a long time now. Nevertheless, this process of shifting that occurred before her eyes was amazing too, and so the white pup watched in silence. Once the shift was done, B’ook-lin looked like her: walking on four legs. The Sadira pup giggled quietly when she was nudged, and she looked up at the older wolf. "Is I’s going hunting with yous?" she asked excitedly. That would be fun—maybe she could catch something!

[/html]
[html]

OOC: 400+

The sincerity in the puppy's voice made her heart twist and for a moment, she imagined Amata'a sister, Cambria, overcome by the effects of drugs. She had never taken any, except for that drinking binge with Haven, which had left her dry-heaving halfway through the morning, but from the way the meeting had gone, she understood enough to draw her own conclusions. The meeting with her mother had only reinforced those ideas: Naniko was a shell, a ghost of who she had been before. The damage to Cambria's young mind could only be imagined and she felt sad to think of the child that way. It's okay, Amata. I'm bigger than you and your sister and brother. If... If they need protecting, I can be there for you, don't worry. She was happy to see herself handling this so maturely. Brooklyn wanted to feel less torn about her loyalties: on the one hand, she loved Naniko still and wanted her to come back, but on the other hand, Crimson Dreams was her home and Mati was right that the puppies were the responsibility of the entire pack, not just their parents.

Well, I reckon you're old enough to start learning. Before you know it, you'll be shifting and you need to know how to hunt! Brooklyn said with a smile. She could remember how quickly time had gone by, how once she had been a wide-eyed child bugging Dawali for feathers and asking about weaving and now she was an adult, or close to it, assuming responsibilities. Taking care of puppies. Showing them how to hunt. She smiled even broader at Amata's look of surprise. She'd been like that about shifting, even if now she considered it second-nature. It looks cool, doesn't it? And yes, you're coming hunting with me. We'll start with small things, like rabbits. I know a place where it's easier to catch them. Amata, have you ever seen an animal being killed? Brooklyn didn't want to be the bearer of horrible sights. Some puppies might not like killing bunnies, because in her mind, she would be the one to drive the animal towards Amata and the cream pup would deal the final blow.

With a jump, she was off the porch and into the rain, where she let the water soak into her coat. It was chilly, but welcoming to feel. With a wag of her tail, Brooklyn turned towards Amata. If the girl decided to stay behind, she would not insist. Hunting small game could be easily achieved alone, but she would never force anyone to do something against their will.

[/html]
[html]

500+

"Thanks yous, B’ook-lin!" Amata exclaimed, truly thankful for the older girl’s offer. Jumping up, a pink tongue stuck up to lick B’ook-lin on the chin. But Amata didn’t know if they would need so much protection—people weren’t mean, were they? And if they were mean, Mamma took care of them. But what if there were other mean people, mean people like Tok-yo Chance? Well, then Amata would like to have someone to help her, because she didn’t think that being mean in return would do much good. Nopes, she thought to herself.

"Yeahs," she answered, her voice still quiet with awe. Several nods ensued to further emphasize her thoughts. How longs untils I’s changes likes that, toos? How long indeed. Her tail began to wag happily as B’ook-lin continued. "Reallys? I gets to goes with yous?" The light-hued pup began to bounce around, forgetting that the clouds had ever been scary, yipping twice with her excitement. "Thanks yous for takin’ me!" And she wanted to know where this place was. Then maybe she could go by herself occasionally and practice. "Nos," the girl replied matter-of-factly, "I’s not sees aminals bes killed." Such a thing had never really occurred to the little wolf. She knew that the adult wolves went hunting and that they returned with the dead food that tasted good. The freshly dead food never made the little girl queasy—she still thought that they were cute and had soft fur. And those lupine instincts that were still very strong in the young mind did not think that it was gross or sad. Even now, having answered the question and even with her mind addressing the issue of actually killing the prey, the little girl did not worry. But the fact that she had never caught her own prey still stood to be tested.

As B’ook-lin jumped into the rain and off the porch, Amata quickly followed. Her little claws forgot about being quiet and scraped against the wood. With a wild leap, the girl flew from the porch, but she simply fell on the ground, splashing in the rain water and the mud. The creamy girl let out a soft squeak and got up, shaking herself off. The blue and green eyes looked down at her dirty paws, and her dirty fur for that matter, before looking up to B’ook-lin and smiling. Giggling, she ran off after the older girl. "I felled downs," she explained with a laugh. "I’’s really excited to learn hunting," she continued with endless chatter. "One boy, him names was Air-es Chance, and he is mean and pushed and bit me, so mamma told him no. But he are cool and can hunts, so I’s wants to learns hows to hunts toos." Content with her explanation, the little girl began to prance alongside the older girl, swinging her head from side to side as she began to sing one of her tuneless songs.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: iRamble o_O 600+

The puppy's visible enthusiasm was doing nothing to make Brooklyn feel mature and in control. The lick on her chin sent her tail into a wagging frenzy and she knew that unless she managed to control herself, she might as well call a proper adult for all the good it would do her. She'd only ever gone hunting with the adults around, so having someone so small around made her somewhat awkward. She glanced back towards the house, thinking of calling Mati to join them and really keep an eye on Amata, but that would only show she couldn't manage anything. Ever since meeting her mother in Halifax, Brooklyn had found it more and more difficult not to run to her and beg her to come back. It was so damn hard, knowing she was out there and she was here safe, even enjoying herself, running around with the puppies. Amata was not guilty of anything, she told herself, looking away briefly, as if searching the lands for prey. Shaking her head once, she turned back to the puppy with a smile, I need help catching those quick rabbits, so yep, you'll be coming with me.

She wanted to ask how Cambria was doing, if the cocaine had had any side effects. She wanted to know how Savina was feeling, if the black female had seen her mother at all. There were so many unanswered questions, but Amata could not be the one to answer them. In a sense, she was far too innocent to be burdened by this idea. On the other hand, Brooklyn had promised to teach her how to hunt, so she would keep her word before anything else. The white girl let out a sigh she didn't know she was holding in, one of relief, for if Amata didn't feel phased by what this hunt would lead to (a dead bunny, hopefully), then she had nothing to worry about. I'm glad you're so excited and if you get tired or you don't want to catch any bunnies, just let me know, okay? Brooklyn would consider it a failure on her part that she had not managed to make the puppy comfortable enough to try hunting, but she wouldn't force her to anything. Seeing her fall in the mud brought forth a giggle, but the wagging tail would show that the intent was certainly not malicious. She listened to the explanation about Ai-res, whoever that-- her mind filled in some blanks. The grey boy from the meeting? The name was unfamiliar enough to suggest a new member and although she had not been formally introduced to him, she was smart enough to figure him out. What does he look like, Amata? And why did he try and hurt you? To hear that Savina had spoken to him was a good sign, though Brooklyn wouldn't have liked to be in his shoes during that conversation.

Brooklyn walked in silence for a while, trying to figure out how to approach the rabbit warren. The rain would mask their scent, but they would also be harder to spot. Well, no harm in trying. She sat down and scanned the area, hoping that movement would catch her eye. For now, everything was silent. Turning to Amata, the white female decided to share her plan. We stand and look out for bunnies. When we see one, we split up. You go and hide in one of those bushes over there and I chase it towards you. When I tell you to, you jump out and kill it. Now, let's see who can find the bunny first, she finished with a smile and a wag of her tail. If nothing else, she would make it all interesting and fun. Like a game.

[/html]
[html]

500+

"I’s will helps yous," Amata assured the older girl, smiling brightly at her. It always made the creamy pup feel happy when she could be useful and helpful, especially helpful. But then, the little puppy paused, those blue and green eyes widening. "But... B’ook-lin?" There was a little pause. "I’s never caughted anything afore," she revealed. The Sadira pup didn’t want B’ook-lin to be disappointed if she wasn’t very helpful, because that had the opposite effect of being useful: uselessness made Amata feel sad. Her tail wagged once behind her as if to confirm what she had said, and she looked up expectantly at the other. "But I’s can tries to be helpful," came the compromise. At least she could try, she supposed. Trying was better than nothing.

As Amata, her fur coloured darkly by the wet mud, caught up to B’ook-lin, she giggled, encouraged into her mirth by the friendly wag of the older girl’s tail. And the pup wasn’t sad that she had fallen and gotten dirty because falling and getting dirty was fun. "Okays," she responded cheerfully as she began to prance and sing along the older girl. When B’ook-lin asked what Air-es looked like, Amata’s singing paused as she tried to remember. "Him was...him was grey and black, with pretty yellow eyes like a flowers!" He had had nice pretty eyes like sun flowers and buttercups. "I don’ know whys," she continued. "Air-es saided I should bes careful with other people’s things—but I was playin with hims!" That was the strangest part, and that had been the most hurtful thing to Amata. The push and bite had hurt too, but his meanness when she was trying to play with him had hurt her feelings.

Amata grew quiet as B’ook-lin grew quiet, intent upon not scaring away the rabbits that might be there. She scanned the land along with the white girl, but the creamy pup was much shorter, and it was more difficult to see. Never-the-less, Amata looked. It was like a game, and she liked games very much.

The little girl focused intently upon the large world around her. "I founded ones!" she whispered loudly, but then she paused, giggling. "Never minds; iss jusst a leafs!" The rainwater had hit a fallen leaf, causing it to move and resulting in the excited pup’s harmless mistake. With a apologetic smile and a brief shrug, the girl turned back to watching the landscape. She saw something moving again—but then it stopped. Iss that a bunny? But the girl was quiet this time. Her previous error had made her little more thoughtful before she spoke, and so the next few minutes were spent intently watching the had-been-moving-but-now-still thing. The young eyes saw a black dot-- Waits! Thas not a black dots! Iss an eye ball! "I founded ones! For reals this times!" Her short, puppy muzzle pointed insistently and repeatedly at the bunny that she had found with the black dot for an eye ball. Immediately, Amata ran to the bush where B’ook-lin had told her to hide, and, having reached it, the small puppy crouched under there. The wide eyes, filled with excitement, glittered excitedly. With her ears laid back, she almost looked like a bunny herself.

[/html]