I can cut you to pieces
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... otable.jpg); background-color:#90577A; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:239px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">

"I've only come to Inferni a handful of times...and never to cause trouble" She stated. Most of those trips had either already been planned or had been strategic, to form a truce with the coyotes. She was a pacifist if anything, not enjoying fighting or drama that was unnecessary. Drama just caused bad things to happen...she was proof of that. And fighting never got anyone anywhere. "I don't know that anything has happened recently between Phoenix Valley and Inferni, but you're right. I don't want to cause them any trouble, if they let me join them. Wolves defend their borders just as coyotes do...and any disrespect on either side would be bad, even if it was unintentional"

The lands between their two territories would be good, then. Too far outside of Inferni and too far outside of Phoenix Valley to be a threat to either one. They could do whatever they wanted. Hunt together, maybe. Kaena was older and more experienced, probably a better hunter than her. "I'm sure we'll run into each other eventually. I really would like of those tattoo things, after some time has passed. I can look for books of designs in the library, maybe. I can speak a few languages, so maybe I will get something in another language on me. Human words."
[/html]
[html]
Once more each, and then finito?

The hybrid woman smiled, glad to hear that her new friend held no harsh feelings for coyotes. There were many wolves who held grudges toward coyotes, and even Kaena had learned to look past the fur and into the creature beneath. She was a strange creature, motivated by vengeance and violence rather often than anything else, and though she could hardly hide her derision for most pack wolves and the lifestyle they had chosen, she no longer violently sought them out simply for their life choices. More often than not, the coyote hybrid's violent acts were in defense of herself or her clan, or as a deterrent to trespassers—for certainly the more bleeding, yelping canines she sent from Inferni's claimed lands, the better. Maybe then they'd get the goddamn message.

The silver coyote shrugged her shoulders. "As far as I know, my clan and your potential pack have been unfriendly for some time now. Some of the more healed wounds on my body, they are from a white wolf by the name of Xeris. She trespassed onto Inferni territory and I forcibly removed her," the coyote said. There had been clear warning before she'd attacked, a snarl should have been enough for the wolf to turn right around and start running. Kaena would have chased her, yes, but only to the edge of the territory, and so long as the wolf did not falter or dawdle inside of coyote territory, she would have left unharmed. Her decision to stay and fight had cost her a limb for a while, and she was lucky to have escaped with only that. The coyotes could be far harsher on trespassers if the occasion called for it.

"I am not really one to incite riots—not anymore, anyway," the hybrid grinned. "You stay on your side, I'll stay on mine sort of deal with me," she added. It was good to divulge the general feeling of Inferni when it came to everything—leave the coyotes the hell alone, they leave you the hell alone. Very simple, in the hybrid woman's mind. They were not outright averse to contact with the outside world, but they sure didn't take kindly to troublemakers, that was for certain. The coyote woman grinned at her companion. She enjoyed bodily modification, though the scar tissue marring her features was certainly not voluntary.

"I am sure there are libraries here somewhere. Haven't found one myself, but they're here, I'll bet," the coyote said, certain of that. "You ought to bring a book when you turn in with your children," the coyote suggested. After she gave birth, Naniko could shift again, and she could use her Optime hands to flip through the pages of the book while still nursing her children to strength, keeping her mind entertained and sharp. The hybrid wished she'd had that luxury with Gabriel's litter, which had remained in the den for longer than all of the others, but there were far too many children to give anything but her undivided attention.

Thanks to Akumu for the table!
[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... otable.jpg); background-color:#90577A; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:239px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Yes :33 <33

It was bad that they couldn't come to each others' homes because of what had happened between the people who lived there. She didn't want Xeris to feel uncomfortable having Kaena there, but at the same time the female shouldn't have been stupid enough to wander into the coyote's territory without being invited there or without intent to speak to the leader about some important matter. What reason did anyone have for going there unless they had a friend there or wanted to speak with the leader?

"Haha, yeah. We could always meet up on the neutral territory between our packs--there's that strip there where we can run around through the flowers, dance and be merry" The idea about the books was a good one. She could read to them! She was wanting to pick up a musical instrument, too, but she didn't know what kind. And she'd have to find a shop. Maybe once she did that she could play for the pups, too. "That's a good idea. Thanks."
[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Hooray! You archive this after you read it, if you want! <3

The hybrid woman laughed aloud at the idea of dancing in the flowers and being merry. What the fuck would Gabriel think if he saw her frolicking with a white wolf around the Dampwoods? He'd think she'd finally gone and lost it, that's what he'd think—still, it was good to know she had a friend in the Valley pack. Perhaps she would voice to them that the coyotes just weren't so bad after all, and maybe she'd knock some sense into Xeris, while she was there. Kaena smirked at the thought of the two white wolves locking fangs. "Well, if you wanna frolic around we might have to go a bit further away from Inferni. Most 'em would think I'd lost my mind for good this time," she said, laughing her gravelly laugh again. The possibility was all too real for the silvery hybrid; her sanity often seemed questionable even in her most lucid moments.

The coyote stood, and stretched her arms widely. "I ought to get back home," she ventured. It was growing late and she'd spent some time here with this genuinely nice wolf. Kaena was quite glad to have run into Naniko here, she had come away with a hell of a lot of useful objects, and she'd shared some old stories with someone who had been around for the land before, the time that seemed so far away in her old head now. She smiled wistfully. "I'm sure we'll see each other soon. I like to hang around in the woods near Inferni, and we'll be close sooner or later," she said with a grin. "Best luck with your kids," the hybrid said with a nod, awkwardly extending one of her hands to pat the pale wolf's side before skittering out the door, some of that old social anxiety returning to the hybrid for a brief moment.

[/html]