We are children with chemicals
There’s something to be said for starving: it’s more brutal than most people are willing to dissect. The body doesn’t simply harbor nutrition for later use but rather consumes it as quickly as possible and drives one for an even greater hunger within days. The stomach is a curious organ in that the less attention it’s given, the less it asks for, and indeed over the period of a week the stomach simply ceases to function within the body. Digestive fluids are burped up and sloshed about the mouth and tongue, creating an acidic forth which erodes teeth and causes the eyes to water, and the intestines and kidneys begin to digest the juices around them: namely blood and unused urine. Starving is a painful, horribly slow process in which one is rendered completely helpless and yet completely alive.

I should know; I practice this refined art constantly.

Were it not for the stubbornness of my species that channels one to constantly search for life despite the most desperate of situations, I’d have died years ago. I can hardly hunt, my body is never under my full control, and I ache from skin, to balls, to bones. Surely this life is a walking study in decomposition and I, its eager student.

How then, Professor, do you intend to teach me next? If only I truly had someone so stable and concrete to talk to. Hell, if only I had anyone to talk to. The great swelling breast of earth that is Wilderness is terrible for conversation, despite how pretty her face is. I’d been alone in the laboratory of the Wild for nearly three months by the time I encountered the tribal region of Nova Scotia. Their population was legendary; hundreds upon hundreds of primitive beasts, all collectively raping and feasting upon each other. Conversation, at last. People, at last.

Food, at last.

A strange expression overtook my face as my jaw fell open in Optime form, thin legs straining heavily under the erect weight of my body. I stood, hands clinging sharply to the ribs of a tree as bark peeled between my fingertips and songbirds took swift flight, their calls echoing their full distaste at being chased away by some hungry savage. I could hear my lungs boiling within me, half full of liquid from malnutrition, half full of saliva from the sheer hunger which drowned my ability to focus on anything but slaking that urge. I could no longer smell the pleasantries of the forest - beetle dung and plant matter – but instead classified all of my attention on how painfully famished I’d become. Each breath produced a row of swords which speared from my tan pelt – ribs, the lot of them – and with this came the involuntary whine which fell from my open mouth. Laboriously, one hand fell from the tree and cupped my thin body with forearm and palm. Again I whined, uncaring of how pathetic such sounds would outwardly appear.

For a moment I paused like this, my eyes sightlessly observing the dark stain of healthy earth beneath me. “…Fuck…” How I’d ever let myself become so nervously withered, I was unsure.

Without grace I collapsed in a sitting position, one arm still wrapped fully across my stomach while the other held upright the tall figure whose spine was trembling in an effort to support itself. There is a strangeness to monotonous pain that I’ve never fully understood. It is to me the way insects view the world—backwards from the rest of us; thousands of repetitious images which fold across each other in a wave of colorless breath. They know it blindly the way I know the feelings of hunger and loneliness. They were a moth’s vision to me—mothlight, if you will. If white were black and black were white, a moth would see as I did from birth to death.
[html]

It's so amusing how the wolf is, they have that inbreed urge that rest in their very flesh to be in a pack. To protect the pack and all that is within it, that same urge can get many in trouble as wellin this new day of demons. Yes, Faler would call them demons and oddly they appeal to her so much, and in the same moment her body tells her to fight. It is not normal so it is hard to understand, though gods and demons always somthing Faler enjoyed reading.

Red and blue eyes looked around at the small birds that was seated up in the trees, singing their little songs all day long and flying about without a care. Give me a damn break. Watching a small blue bird on a branch the sandy colored woman turned her ears slightly, small thigns alway got on Faler's nerves one way or other. It never failed. Pushing her brows together his black lips parted in a annoyed snarl, flashing her fangs lazly at the bird Faler turned away with a loud snort.

Glancing down at her healing leg Faler's ears pushed on her skull again before fanned forward, ignoreing the wound the tan woman will finish her scouting. So what of she is not in packlands? Faler felt like walking and thats what she is going to fucking do. A small whip of her fluffy tail and she was back in motion, Faler's long legs moving with smooth movement, though a slight limp from the noticeable injury. Paws pushing into the damp ground that left behind her only traces, soon enough another rain would wash away her scent from here as well.
What Faler stummbled upon made her stop, standing between two large trees her red and blue eyes looked at the large wolf like thing before her. This one is much large then the others and she never got to see them for long, hair on end Faler locked onto the male before her that was in pain. That wasn't her problem.

[/html]
There was a strange stillness about the air that collected in secret the sounds which should have been present about the beating flushed cheeks of the woodland. Insects weren’t mating, the leaves stood tired and restful across the nude fingers of their parent branches, and a distant wind had been choked into silence by his seductive ecdysiast. I felt each hair upon my body move in this strange stillness and could hear the eye gout push and crust across my lashes with every blink. It was no surprise then when the sounds of something swimming through the vegetation caught my attention with sharp urgency. Immediately I looked up, ears cupping back in distaste of further bother until I noted the intruder to be kin, however distantly. With great effort my chest dropped and buckled across itself, a sign pushing the pelt across my chest in a parted sea of earthy colors. Gently I tried to smile, and sourly pressed my back against the tree trunk so that I’d be sitting properly.

It wasn’t until I’d positioned myself in line with my guest that I noticed he was not what I’d first expected. He was a she.

This complicates things…

For a moment I paused with stilled breath, my chest expanding so that I appeared either startled or aggressive as I took in her smaller but more imposing form. Her face looked expressionless from my hunkered position, and in this I felt myself recoil for fear of indifferent abandonment. It was my distaste of loneliness that pulled my thoughts from the shyness and timidity which usually blister my conscience when encountering new faces, and in a sudden eager movement I pulled myself to my feet and locked eyes with the woman. My legs shook beneath me, so fatigued for want of my moment’s rest and I had to cling to the tree truck with both hands to keep from collapsing. My gaze shook with need in front of her curiously colored eyes, and as I stared at her I tried to flash her a smile from beneath my weary face.

“You wouldn’t…” I paused as I swallowed to wet my tongue. It stuck strangely to the rear of my teeth with a thick tearing noise. “…happen to know where I could get something to eat, would you?” I tried not to appear overly pleading to her indifference, yet the weight of her lop-colored stare made my innards twist with inadequacy. Mindlessly I felt my tail fall between my legs, pressing against the cliff of my stomach to nearly touch the bottom of my chin. My neck folded, ears cupping back in submission as I closed my mouth and tried to breathe soundlessly despite my hungry panting. Her smaller size mattered nothing against the contest of our wills, and hers won without question as my timid nature was flattened by mental and physical drain. Again, a tremor flew through my lower body as I clung to the tree’s flesh with claws erect and strained, eyes briefly jamming shut in this moment of struggle to remain standing.
[html]

Everything seemed very slow to her, every seemed so quite now as she stood still before the much larger wolf ahead of her. Every second seemed to be a minutes, every minute felt like hours as the two stood still. Each breath moved her chest silently beneath her soft, tanny, coat that covered every inch of her. Though in the stillness of the forest her lungs filled with the scent of the stranger, as well the chill of the threating rain that hid behind the clouds above them. 'this is awkard..'

Watching the male seemed to buckle whenever he noticed her, though he was large he seemed more defensless then her. Though the tanned woman never views herself as defenseless, as long as she can use her jaws she has her weapons. For a small moment Faler was confused when he tried to give her a small smile, she simple looked pass that as her bi-colored eyes looked him over. It wasn't that hard tp see his problem. Food, he was as weak as a twig and his body showed it when he moved to lean against the tree.

Time seemed to get back to normal. Faler's tanned body moved a few feet forward before stopping, her fluffy tail moved for a moment behind her while her long lashes blinked slowly. Though the slight interest that was building in her was put aside when he rose, her sandy head pulled back slightly at the man's movements. What is she to do now? Faler has no ties to him so why the in hell is she still standing here for? Simple, because he is different and strange an strange things are interesting. When you learn about strange things you know what to do.

Sniffing at the air again her ears fanned foward when he finally spoke, his shakey voice made Faler's brow push together for a moment. Well she was not surpirsed that he was hungry, though when she was about to make up her mind to leave her eyes locked on his body movement. Everything that he showed snapped into her mind the way things were before, when she ran her father's pack. Those were the feelings that was hardest for her to deny. Stepping forward Faler scanned him over quickly then looked straight into his own eyes, why she was doing this she had no fucking idea."you need to get to shelter first, rain is coming."Pausing Faler's strong but smooth voice left her throat as she finally glanced to the woods before back to the male. "come on, food is after that".

[/html]
The entirety of my body complained as I straightened my spine along the tree’s fleshy bark, peeling my mouth open once more in want to breath. The air did smell denser; condensation licked across my eyes and along my lips so that these exposed bits of musty flesh became thick with a foul scented secretion. My head fell back against the tree with a soft thud, eyes closing in an effort to recognize the task ahead of me. Without looking at the female wolf, my deep voice growled from the cage of my chest, slowly falling against the waves of distant thunder.

“How far is it?”

The spell-like link of calm to the place had been disturbed several miles off as rain began to blot the trees’ scalps with dark shades of ink. Birds called in a disjointed manner, scattering to dryer lands while their chicks and prey hide themselves as best they could. The rain would touch us in ten minutes, if not sooner. Had there not been a lady with me I’d have stuck out the storm curled under a tree, but the idea of her suffering for my weariness was a peccadillo I could not commit. For a moment longer I paused braced against my body’s sling, my chest expanding rhythmically in steady breathing. I chanced a look at the tanned woman, her engaging stare rendering mine locked to hers and before I’d taken my eyes from her once more I paused, drawing in breath so that I might speak once more.

“I’m Estafilade, by the way. Est, if you have trouble pronouncing it.”

At these words the subtle trill of a foreign accent flowed about the pronunciation of my words—French, if one was to trace my lineage back to Quebec. I continued to drink in the female’s glowing image before giving her another soft smile and turning my head back to the darkening sky. I considered my options for only another moment before pushing off the breast of the tree with both hands and clutching at a nearby branch for stability. With that movement I nearly fell, and both wobbly legs had to web out beneath my weight to keep me upright. Although my mouth now hung open, tongue falling unceremoniously to one side, I glanced at my unknown companion and shifted my ears forward, signaling my willingness to follow her.
[html]

Things were in motion now, though inwardly Faler was attacking herself. She wasn't a alpha anymore, she doesn't help people. Normally she wouldn't for the simplefact they are not pack, but when that pack urge returns it is hard to fight. Of all luck her, Faler Cerber and injuried former alpha runs into this, well shity looking guy who might not makeit through the next hour. Yup god hates me, then again they are demons after all so why should she be a angel?

Ignoring her thoughts and own annyonce Faler's body went into her old mode, head high with her tail following suit behind her. She was ready to move, now. Rain was coming and with all they have been getting she might get caught in another flood. Sandy female turned her head slightly, gazeing back the way she had came as her mind went over everything she had seen. Searching she found the little, battered building she passed by without a care. His word made Faler's eyes pull back to him as her lips pulled back in a aggravated display of her fangs, a quick but small rumble growl rattled her throat when she spoke."Are you complaining?

The handsome face of the tanned woman wasn't blocked by the annoyed face that she made, quickly her snarl was gone with a deep breath. Her voice was rough and sharp but thing again is was just as smooth. Some might find it rude of her, but why complain when someone is offering help. With a slightly more softened face Faler left her tail fall. "Estafilade-" His name danced off her tounge with the same smooth silk-like tones. " it's not too far so we must move or risk flooding. Its Faler, Faler Cerber" Turning slightly the path she had just taken, the sandy toned woman let her eyes look over the way they must go as she awaited Est to get moving.

[/html]
If a person stands to watch another’s expression, there’s a lot he can learn from it. This Faler, aggressive as she seemed to be, withheld a certain quality of control, oppressive and tyrannical though it might have been. Although her body language tore dominance from mine, her face was gentler—pretty, in an alien sort of way. Her strength of character and situation had an increasingly calming effect on my lethargy. I stared at her consistently as she spoke, my tongue lightly moving across itself in thought as I did so. Only when a growl rippled through her sandy throat did I withdraw from my previous study of her and return to my own thoughts. She was not to be flattered upon, clearly.

Yet despite her words of shaking seriousness, I caught myself forcibly trying not to chuckle. It felt strange being told by a creature so much physically smaller than me how to behave. My expression softened visibly, and I could feel the folds of furred skin ruffle in a childish sort of way across my face; merriment was surely lighting my eyes. She had a spirit of hardened intensity that normally would have frightened me. The fact that I was able to look at her at all (however shyly and with noted struggle) was uplifting.

And her retort of my complaining—bemusing! How strangely simple she’d put it.

“I am,” I replied slowly to her, my voice gentle despite its deepness. “Although, in light of the situation, I feel I’m justified.” With the last of my comment my ears fell in willing submission, nose dove toward my chest and I withdrew my hold on the hanging tree branch. Despite this, I felt myself smiling. “And it’s good to meet you, Miss Cerber. I’m sorry you had to see me like this; I’m sure I’m not much to look at.” The smile which had peeled across my face split wide into a sort of uncomfortable grin and I winked at her, feeling the playful jest roll from my tongue into the condensing air. In this moment of quick flirtation, I’d almost forgotten the fast approaching storm.

The distant thunder progressed curiously across the outreaching sky, shadowing most of the trees and ground in an alien grey that contrasted strangely with Faler’s bright fur. Cautiously I glanced skyward, my lips pulling back to reveal yellowing teeth that opened in a silent snarl. There was a certain miserliness in that heaven-bound expression; how dare Divinity try to shake from me the serenity that runs with simple conversation. I nearly physically threatened the approaching tempest until recalling my place in front of my guest. Manners run repressed for the physically distressed, and for an instant I’d forgotten my civility in the presence of a lady. Again, both ears flicked back in an unspoken apology, and I turned back to Faler in a greater seriousness.

“You’re right though.” I took and uneasy step forward, both arms wrapped firmly across my waist in an attempt to quiet the splitting pain resounding within my ribs. “Lead, and I’ll be right behind you.”
[html]

The low rumble of the coming rain made Faler's dark nose wrinkle at the thought of it, the usually relaxing rain has became an annoying downpour that has been alot of flooding. This place is much different from her 'home' that she has left behind, there the rain was light and sweet like a cooling wind. Here it comes down so heavily that it feels like winter again, flooding along the ground as the earth seems to always be muddy and wet. That just don't work when one has a nice, soft coat that is well taken care of.Besides that the most noticeable thing about souls' is these strange kind of wolves, these demons conflict her. Their power interest her as well the simple fact that are different, two legs instead of four an those weird front paws that grab. Interesting as it maybe but her instincts are against this strangeness, her built in need to fight it rises. Strange place all right.

Letting a breath of air pass through her lips the tanned female's brow pushed together for a moment as the time around seemed to be moving at a annoying speed. Moving with smooth movements, Faler turned slightly to look back at the male an to her surpise his eyes lingered on her for a moment. The sandy woman didn't let her slight surpise rise to attention at all as her ears turned with his words. Even as weird as he was the male was slightly amuseing. "Well..at least your honest, though your current condition-" Pausing for a slight moment she let her bi-colored eyes look over his sad body through her long lashes, handsome as she is her body was impatince to move with a sway of her tail."some level of complaining is justified" Smooth, flawless tones dance off her lips as her mind caught the way he submitted. Damn that urging need to lead.

Oddly enough Estafilade's next words were like that of a gentalmen, though his wink and small ask of filrting with her made her brow rise for a moment. Ears moved shifted forward as her words were laced with amusement, though his coat was nice indeed his body was in a sad state. "Nice to meet you. Im sure everyone is allowed her moment Estafilade" Soon enough the unsteady male made it to his feet and spoke that he was ready, that was enough for Faler to hear as she turned back to the trail before her. Legs slowly started moveing towards the house, paws pressing into the wet ground as the sound of rain made her ears twitch. Within a quick 8 minutes the sad building came into view, green plants climbed up the sides of the building. It would appear that the forest attemped to eat it.

[/html]