Beyond What I Know
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... matatf.jpg); background-position: top center; padding-top: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Amata has met Ember before, right? ^=^;;;
500+

Amata, having woken early as she was accustom to doing, had decided that it was time to venture to the pack of An’-Waya. She had met Oh-say-ann and No-war, and they had both come from that pack that was not Crimson Dreams. And she had told Oh-say-ann that she would come to visit them and meet there siblings and play. And Amata was very excited to finally fulfill this promise. Quietly, so as to not wake the others in the mansion, Amata used the same quiet-walk that she used when she hunted. And she slipped quietly through the house, her claws only barely scraping across the hard surface of the floor. It was a relief, she could admit, when she had finally gotten out of the house and could walk normally. Amata didn’t like to walk with such stealth—it made her feel like she wanted to take something from someone. Of course, it was different when she was practicing her hunting, but normally, she would rather be heard and noticed. Who knew what friends could be made?

Her little paws carried her happily through the familiar territories of Crimson Dreams. Along the way, she had found a nice stick, and so she had cheerfully picked it up, holding it firmly in her mouth. It was much more fun to walk in that way, to carry something along the way. And the creamy girl swung her head and hummed a tune that was louder than what the birds and the bugs were singing. Occasionally, her dual coloured eyes turned to watch the singular leaf upon the stick as it bobbed with her movements, but she had to give that up because she kept veering from her path. With her cheerful mood and quick pace, it was not long before she reached the far boarders of her pack. The young girl paused, turning about to face her homelands. "Goo’ ‘ye," the girl called through her stick. Good-bye! And then she was off to An’-Waya.

The forests were friendly and nice during the day, keeping most of the soft sprinkling mist from completely soaking her coat. But when it became dark—and it did—the forest was much scarier. And it was because she was unfamiliar with these forests, and she was beginning to think that she was lost. But maybe if she got lost, a guardiangel would come to her rescue, a guardiangel like Char’n. But then, the little pup did not think so. Eventually, the little girl began to run, still holding the stick in her mouth like a lifeline to her pack. Her wide eyes were filled with a nervousness as the sky grew faintly golden and dark, much darker than it would have if the clouds had not been so insistently angry. Once she tripped, and her stick went flying from her mouth as she fell to the ground. A soft whimper and an, "Oh nos," could be heard. How could she continue without her stick friend? A mouse scurried by, causing her to jump, but, once she realized what it had been, she said, "Ohs, hi’s," with an absent voice. Taking several steps, a strong smell came to her nose. She sniffed loudly. It was the smell that had been on Oh-say-ann and No-war. She had made it!

"Oh-say-ann!" she called loudly, her voice filled with relief and a need to find someone before it got so dark that she wouldn’t be able to see anymore. "No-war! I camed to sees yous!"

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... rtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
We can play that they've met--she visited them while they were still NPC's and Amata has probably been told about her ^_^ And did I read that it was getting to be night time in your post? sorry if I'm mistaken ^^;;

The clouds overhead gave the woman a feeling of impending doom, as they swirled and curled back and forth in the sky. It was already getting close to evening time, sunset slowly overtaking the heavens, but the clouds made it seem much later at night than it actually was. She was on patrol today on Bayard, her stallion, her long black wool cloak over her back and jewel-crusted sword at her side. Ever since Dawali had come back with all of his wounds she had been patrolling more often, determined to keep all negative forces out of the tribelands. She wanted to protect the pups of the pack, having not been there for them before when they had been attacked.

Bayard shivered as a raindrop hit his back, the cool droplet making his skin twitch a little. Now that it was getting darker it was getting a little cooler, which he wasn't used to yet. "It's ok, boy, we'll head back in a minute. I just have one more stretch to check." He nodded in agreement to Ember's words, a few more small droplets hitting his brown and white specked back. Some good oats and a nice dry stable filled with hay...it was all a horse could ask for.

The medium-sized wolf kept her hands in his mane as he walked, listening carefully for anything that was out of the ordinary. A small voice reached her ear and she sat back in the saddle to look more closely at the brush. She hadn't expected anyone to be out and about at this time, really, especially not a young one. "Hello?" She called. Maybe she couldn't see the thing because it was so short. Short little puppy legs.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... matatf.jpg); background-position: top center; padding-top: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Okay, yeah, ^=^ And yes, it is nighttime, ^=^500+

Suddenly, a voice called out from the darkness. It sounded friendly, but before the girl could answer in return, a gargantuan, shadowy shape materialized from the nighttime landscape. Amata gasped in surprise, her front legs pushing herself backwards but her back legs had refusing to respond. And when she realized that her body wasn’t going to go any farther back, the little girl simply froze, her eyes growing wide. Whats iss that? And why was it coming to get her. Fear seemed to explode in the pup’s mind, and she forgot about the stick that she had dropped that was now lying somewhere ahead. But she couldn’t retrieve it now—the huge shadow monster was probably stepping on it right now. And that thought brought dismay and sadness to the creamy pup. In the back of her mind where rational thought still occurred, she told herself that she could find another stick to run with—but that had been a very good stick. With the loss of her stick and the fear of the shadow monster having suddenly appeared, the Sadira pup emitted a whimper.

Once the sound of the deep, heavy walking had ceased, the girl, who suddenly found herself cringing with her eyes closed, found the courage—and curiosity too—to slowly open her bi-coloured eyes and look up, her head craning back with the great height. The shadow monster’s hooves were practically upon her, but it seemed that it had stopped just short. Perhaps the shadow monster was looking at her now. But as Amata continued to look, she couldn’t decide where the head was—there seemed to be two!

And then her eyes adjusted to the dark shapes that were darker than the darkened sky. The light-hued pup was able to see that there were two heads, but now that her eyes had adjusted for the darker darkness of the shapes, she could perceive the depth. And she definitely recognized the second head. A loud sigh of relief was breathed nosily from the young girl, and her body gradually relaxed. She gave a silly smile as she was able to stand, backing up several steps to better see that familiar shape. "Aunt Em-bur!" she exclaimed, and the relief was once again visible in her voice. A soft giggle, laced with a bit of nervousness, rose up through the darkness. "Yous scarded mes!" The small tail wagged nervously as she turned her bi-coloured gaze from her Aunt to the strange big, dark animal. "What iss that thing that yous are sittin’ on?" It certainly didn’t smell like a deer, and to make sure, she sniffed in that loud way. Nopes.

"I’s camed heres to sees Oh-say-ann and No-war!" Her explanation was given automatically and cheerfully. "We’s friends and bestest friends in the world!" Maybe if she explained herself, Aunt Em-bur would know where to find them. But finding Aunt Em-bur was very exciting too. Suddenly, a different sound entered the conversation, and the sound had come from her stomach. With a soft gasp and a quiet giggle, Amata looked down at her stomach and urged it to be quiet with a loud and urgent, "Shhh!" Returning her wide-eyed gaze to the adult that was sitting on the big shadow monster, Amata said, "I’s hungry, I’s guess." And she was. She hadn’t really eaten anything all day, and for a puppy, that was a very long time to go without food. Getting to An’-Waya had taken much longer than she had thought.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... rtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She never knew what she would find in the border, some nights. Ember had been on many patrols that hadn't led anywhere before, or where she had met no one. It was a surprise when she did see somebody out there. A sudden cry of "Aunt Ember!!" from below made her take a second look at the patch of shrubbery she'd glanced over before. There was something there after all, a small creamy ball of fur that she recognized as Amata, her brother's child. She dismounted, standing beside the horse with one hand resting over his neck. She didn't want to scare the girl any more than she already was, and thought that it would be best to get to a slightly lower level to speak to her.

"This is my horse, Bayard. He's nice--he won't step on you now that he knows you're there. He's a smart horse." She nodded at Amata's explanation for being there--she hadn't known that she was friends with the Aniwayan pups, but the more the merrier. She was glad that Oceane and Noir had found a friend in her niece. All of them were good pups. "I haven't seen Oceane lately, but it's getting a little late now...I bet they are in bed already. Does your mother know you came here, sweetie?" She asked, crouching down.

With the coming rain and the girl's hunger as factors, she made a quick decision. "Do you want to stay the night with me tonight, and find Oceane and Noir tomorrow? You could get some food. I think a storm is coming, too--it's rained almost every night here lately" She spoke to the youngster as she would to an adult; she could remember how much she had been babied when she was young, and didn't want to put the other through something like that.

[/html]
[html]

500+

The little girl looked up as Aunt Em-bur jumped suddenly onto the ground. Amata’s child eyes went from her aunt’s shadowy form to the shadow form of the big monster and noticed the empty place in the monster’s shape that must have been her aunt. Turning back to Aunt Em-bur, the girl concentrated on looking through the shadows to the recognizable and friendly features. Smiling brightly, the girl got up, her tail wagging with that utter relief and happiness at having found someone familiar and friendly, not mean and scary like a shadow monster. Nots at alls! Her neck was craned back to look at her aunt, but it wasn’t so bad as trying to look at her when she was riding up on the monster.

"Bay-yawd?" Amata repeated the name, considering the strange thing again. "This iss what a horsey looks likes?" Her head was cocked in an extreme angle, scrunching her nose up at the large creature that was apparently a horsey. It wasn’t a deer, she concluded, so she supposed that this was really what a horse must look like. But she couldn’t see it very well because there was so much night around them, and she was very curious about what the animal would look like in the light. She wondered if it were anything like the pictures in the books. "Iss yous sures him smart?" the girl asked, her blue and green eyes turning back to the adult. "Deers aren’t smart," she explained, and she did not think that they were smart because wolves hunted them and killed them, and so they must not be smart.

As Aunt Ember explained that her friends may already be in bed, Amata responded with a little, "Aww." But she wasn’t too sad because she knew that it was dark. Even she was getting a little tired, and to emphasize that, a little yawn came noisily from her little maw. "Thas okays," she said after her yawn had been yawned. At the question, however, Amata paused. "I dons thinks so," the little girl admitted with a sheepish smile, her head lowering and her tail also. It was not good to not tell Mamma, and what if Mamma was worrying? "I’s didn’ knows that coming here taked so longs!" Hopefully this was a good explanation, because it was the truth. "I’s hopes Mamma’s not sad..." And with a little frown, the girl turned to look back in the way that she had come—or at least in the way that she thought that she had come.

"I’s likes to spend the night!" the girl replied excitedly, turning back to look at her aunt, her posture straightening and her tail wagging once more. "I’s would likes food, toos, please," she added, because she was very hungry now, and her tummy was saying so. But at the mention of a storm, Amata ran over, pressing herself against Aunt Em-bur’s legs. "Yeahs... Iss too lates to goes back homes now, and a storm iss not goods for travelin’." And Amata didn’t like it when the clouds were sad and yelled. "Cans... cans I’s rides Bay-yawd with yous?" It would be safer up high, but it would also be fun to ride a horse.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: Is it ok that she picks Amata up? ^^ And you can PP them heading back to Ember's den, if you'd like. That time is passing and stuff ^^

She hadn't realized that with her dark clothing and dark fur she might be hard to recognize in the fading light of the day. Bayard was a deep color as well, a dark brown with white splotches along his hindquarters, so he probably looked pretty odd to the youngster as well. She hadn't been around pups in a while, Tayui's having grown to the point where they were off doing their own things, and Amata's small reactions and speech put a smile on her usually serious face. She hadn't liked children much before, but it seemed that she was growing used to them as time went on. She wasn't considering any children for herself in the immediate future (she was a warrior and did not think that it would be a very smart choice just yet) but she would think about it.

"Yes, this is a horse. Do you have any horses in Crimson Dreams?" She asked. Bayard eyed the child with interest now that it was speaking more, looking back to Ember a few times before extending his neck downward, his head going toward the child to give her a good sniff. Once satisfied he brought his head back up to its normal position. To him, the little girl probably smelled odd. They didn't often go outside of Aniwaya and he probably didn't recognize her strange scent.

"He's very smart. I can talk to him, too. Maybe once we get back to my den I can teach you about it--about speaking to the animals. I can call a few animals over, so you can try and talk to them, if you want. Do you think it's a good idea?" She had a few hares in her den that she had been saving from yesterday to give to Dawali, but one puppy probably wouldn't eat all three of the hares. There would still be some left for Dawali.

When the pup stood up against her legs she leaned down to pick her up, then put one foot into the stirrup. To her it didn't seem so high, but to Amata it probably did. Puppies' legs were much shorter...they were closer to the ground. Ember pushed herself back in the saddle a little, placing the pup in front of her in the seat. "Sounds good to me. You like rabbit, right, Amata?"

[/html]
[html]

Yeah, that’s fine with me, ^=^. And I’m not sure where Ember’s den is or what it looks like, so I just left it vague in the description at the end of my post... >__>
Also, sorry for the wait and the quality... I’m still sad about my wisdom teeth, OnO
500+

The young girl nodded solemly, intently studying the strange beast. Her head craned up to observe its strangely shaped face—it was a lot rounder than a deer’s, she decided. And as Aunt Ember continued, there was a little pause before the little girl made an intake of breath to speak. But she stopped, her body growing quite still, and her eyes growing quite wide. The shadow monster that was now known to be a horsey named Bay-yawd lowered his giant face. At first, the little girl was afraid: wass he doin—iss he gonna eats me? But then the sure sound of sniffing became apparent by the blasts of wind that warmed her fur. Amata giggled. "Yous smells funny," she replied quietly to the horse. Wolf breath didn’t smell—it was strange that this horsey breath smelled. Slowly, as if still convinced that the horse was still a monster, she reached out her nose and sniffed noisily back. But then the horsey had already gone away. "I don’s thinks we has horseys in Crimson Dreams," the girl replied truthfully, her face, still surprised, turning to look at her aunt.

"You talks to him toos?" the girl asked in disbelief. And then she wondered again why the horsey was her aunt’s friend. The horsey was like a deer, so shouldn’t the wolves eat them? But then, Amata decided that it must be like the yewling, and that it must be like Leafy the cat-pill. So Aunt Em-bur must like Bay-yawd enough to not eat him, just like Char’n said. Amata nodded thoughtfully to herself, but she did not share her thoughts with her aunt. "Oh, yes! I wants to learns too!" She exclaimed, truly excited. Perhaps she would be able to talk to the animals and like one enough to not eat it. Her tail wagged happily to emphasize her delight. "Cans yous talks to the butterflies toos?" Her head cocked curiously. It would be even more amazing if they could talk to the butterflies. I’s wonders what theys says.

The blue and green eyes looked up at Aunt Em-bur as she was picked up, her tail wagging happily. She was glad that Aunt Em-bur was letting her ride the horsey, and so she said, "Thank yous, Aunt Embur, for lettings me rides the horsey with yous," in a very polite and sincere manner, just like Mamma had taught her. As the creamy pup was sat upon the saddle, she adjusted herself slowly and carefully so that she would not fall. "I’s loves rabbits," she confirmed excitedly, and with that the horsey was moving, which, in turn, elicited a surprised, "Oh!" from the little girl. But as the trio continued, Amata grew accustom to the strange feeling of riding and to the strange rhythm of Bay-yawd’s stride. She giggled occasionally during the journey, but she didn’t speak because she was concentrating on not falling off. Even though she knew that Aunt Em-bur would not let anything bad happen to her, Amata could not shake that feeling. And it was with her concentration that the journey had suddenly ended. The creamy puppy, having noticed that the horsey had stopped, looked up from the saddle. "We’s here, Aunt Em-bur, we’s here!" Slowly, Amata turned her head to look at the adult. "Can wes eats now?" And even though she was very hungry, Amata didn’t whine because she knew that it was rude to whine.

[/html]
[html]
ooc:

The scenery passed at a rather slow rate, but she wasn't worried about how fast they got there. She wanted the pup to be safe, and the horse did too, so they kept to a mild to moderate pace. Bayard never ran, but he didn't walk too slowly either. Occasionally the horse would look back at Ember and the pup, to make sure that they were both still on and that they were both still stable, as they neared the Aniwayan town.

After they were through the town Bayard turned directions slightly, heading toward Ember's den. The dark lady was very glad that Amata did want to learn; it would be interesting to teach a lesson to one so young. It would give her valuable experience, for the next time that she might have to teach someone of a younger age. "I'm not sure if I can talk to the butterflies--I've never tried them. But I bet that you could, if you tried really hard and listened very carefully. They're small creatures, so their voices would be hard to hear"

She smiled and nodded to Amata when the girl said thank you. Her brother's children were very polite, it seemed, and she wondered if they had learned it from him or Savina. She hadn't expected Kansas to become a parent before she did, her kind and considerate sibling, but was glad for it. She wasn't quite ready yet for that kind of a responsibility on top of her tribal duties. "Thank you for coming. I'm glad that I found you, so you weren't wandering around at night. It could be dangerous" Her lessons in low-speech would help the pup with that, too. If Amata could convince an owl to keep a watch for her or another animal to accompany her on her trips, then she would be a lot safer.

They arrived at Ember's den and she dismounted, helping the pup to the ground. Bayard stayed near the entrance, too large to fit inside, poking his head into the dimly lit hole. The den was very spacious on the inside, lined with rocks on the sides for stability. A small hole in the top of the den let smoke out, as a small fire still burned in the fire-circle inside. She had been considering moving into the town-part of the tribelands for a while, but enjoyed this type of simplistic living. Near the back lay two piles of meat sitting on top of skin that laid fur-side-down, the adult having skinned and prepared them earlier that day. She sat down near the fire and fed it a few more pieces of wood, stirring it back to life. "You can pick which one you want--both are about the same size" She said, pointing toward the rabbit meat.

[/html]
[html]

500+

"Aww," the girl said, voicing her disappointment. "Thas okays, though." She and the butterflies got along perfectly fine without speaking—well, Amata spoke to them regularly, but they were all still friends. "Is will tries to listen carefullies, thoughs," she continued as she struggled to retain the safe position on the horse. "Maybes wes will hear thems!" That would be wonderful, and she tried to imagine what their voices would sound like. Amata smiled brightly, but she tried not to move her head back in case she would fall. "Thiss iss nices of yous, Aunt Em-bur," the girl replied. Aunt Ember didn’t have to let her come home with her. "Sometimes theres iss mean wolves," she agreed with a nod. But she spoke of it as if meanness were a rare and terrible thing. And while it was terrible, she would soon learn that it was not rare.

Amata grew very still when Aunt Em-bur lifted her from the horse. While riding was very exciting and new and fun, it was new, and so she was still a little uncomfortable. She was about to follow the adult wolf into the den when she paused, turning about. "Thank yous, Bay-yawd!" She yelled her thanks up very loudly. It was as if she thought that the big, tall horse were too far away to be able to hear her. The girl lingered there for a moment longer before she decided that she was satisfied, and then she turned and continued on her way.

Politely, despite her hunger, the girl waited, and she waited good-naturedly. Amata sat down where she thought that she wouldn’t get in the way, her eyes roving about the little den with excitement. New places always excited the young wolf—there were so many new smells to explore! And, with that thought, the young girl began to sniff noisily, her head extending at times so that she could catch the frisky smells that wanted to get away from her. It was all so very interesting, and the little smile on her maw indicated that it were so. The sudden smell of the fire caused the girl to look up and sit back, the bi-coloured eyes watching her Aunt Em-bur with a curiosity from across the room. A delighted smile lit up the girl’s face when the food was offered to her, and she quickly rose, running, or, perhaps, prancing, over to the rabbits that smelled inviting. The little girl sized up the two rabbits carefully, taking time to carefully examine each. After several long moments, she chose the slightly smaller of the two, deciding that the whole thing might even be too much. But she wasn’t sure—she was just really, really hungry.

"Thank you, Aunt Em-bur!" And with that, the light-hued pup plopped down on her stomach. She ate noisily—but not too noisily—so that Aunt Ember could know that she was enjoying the meal, and she wasn’t too noisy so that she wouldn’t be rude. Little growls of delight sounded, and her sharp puppy teeth tore away as she gobbled up the rabbit. Eating it reminded her of when Air-es had shared his rabbit with her. But whys hes bes so means? However, she tried not to let the thought trouble her; it was, after all, not a good thing to be thinking at a place that was so exciting. And she was happy now because she was with her aunt. Once Amata had taken a good amount, she looked up to her aunt, swallowing the food before she spoke. "If yous talks to the aminals," the girl began thoughtfully, "dos yous keeps thems as pets?" She thought of what her Dadda and of what Char’n had said. "Cans wes still eats them?" It would be very saddening if she talked to bunnies but then couldn’t eat them anymore. And before Aunt Em-bur began to teach her, the little girl had to know these things.

[/html]
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _horse.gif); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She had never thought of trying to speak with butterflies before. The pup's voice was pretty high pitched already...maybe she would be able to do it after all. She didn't doubt Amata's ability, just whether it was able to be done at all. Perhaps the youngster would be the first one to learn how to do something like that, speak with the insects. "Have you met any mean wolves yet? If you find any around here, you should come and get me. Or anywhere, if I'm around there too. I can fight them with my sword." She was inside now and slid her sheath from her belt, placing it on the ground beside her. She didn't want to frighten the girl by taking it out, but Amata would be able to see how big and long it was even when it was inside of the sheath. She didn't want her to get hurt, either, and the risk was decreased if she kept it inside the sheath.

Bayard gave Amata a loud whinny, then pulled his head from the den's entrance and went to stand watch next to a nearby oak tree. Ember had seen pictures of old war horses from the human times when she had looked through some of the history books at the library, and was wondering about painting Bayard to look like one of those horses. Maybe that would be something fun to do in the morning, once Amata woke up. How late did children usually sleep? Ember was the type who rose as soon as the very tip of the sun could be seen over the horizon. "You're welcome, Sweetie. I'm usually home at this time of night if you come visiting again" Auntie Ember would always have good things here to eat for her little neice.

Serious questions came next and the older wolf came to sit next to the younger. This was something that she hoped the girl would understand. "It's hard sometimes, Amata, when you can speak to them. It's a gift but it is also a burden. If you try not to listen, if you try to think of other things instead while you hunt them then it isn't so bad. I feel like it would be disrespectful to the animal's spirit to lure it in with words of frienship, spoken in its own language, and then to kill it. So when I hunt, I do it the fair way. Giving us each a chance...me to catch it and kill it, and it a chance to get away."

Table by Mel
[/html]
[html]

500+

Mean wolves? The blue and green orbs thoughtfully looked up at the dark, nighttime sky. "Umm... Noes," she answered at last. "Only mean-line thorns," the girl continued, remembering the one time she had absent-mindedly and excitedly stayed to far beyond the boarders. "But then,"she started once more, "there wass a mean boy at homes, and him pusheds me and hurteds me." A small pout came upon her little maw. She couldn’t understand why he had been mean to her—he had seemed so nice moments before, and she had only wanted to play with him. She had thought that he was cool, with his hunting and reading skills, but he had not been nice to her. "But then Mamma maded it better." Amata didn’t know what had occurred between her Mamma and Air-es Chance, but she knew that Mamma had made it better. The pout slowly disappeared from her face.

But when Aunt Em-bur suddenly spoke about fighting, Amata exclaimed, "No!" suddenly and loudly. Her eyes grew wide with shock. Why would Aunt Em-bur want to fight? For a long moment, that shocked astonishment plastered her face as she continued to stare openly up at her aunt. But then she realized that staring was rude, and, looking down, she tried to correct herself. "I’s means... I’s not likes fighting..." Sheepish from the sudden outburst, Amata looked up. She did not like violence or fighting or meanness at all. "And I’s hass a guardiangel to watches me." Of course, it was Char’n of whom she spoke.

Bay-yawd’s sudden whinny in response to her words of thanks snapped her from her shock, and she smiled and giggled as he disappeared from the entrance. "I’s glad that yous be home," the little girl answered, turning from the horse having disappeared to the adult. "I’s will comes to visits you sometimes."

Amata continued to take several bites as her Aunt Em-bur made her long explanation. The blue and green eyes watched the adult intently, trying her best to understand. But there were words that she didn’t know, like ‘burdn’, which she thought must be the opposite of ‘gift’, but what did a ‘not-gift’ mean? And then there was ‘loor’, which she thought must mean trick, at least from what Aunt Em-bur was saying. But such a think of trickery had never crossed the girl’s mind. It had simply not been a part of her innocent mindset to try something so strange. And so she did not quite understand the explanation that was given to her. There was a short silence after Aunt Em-bur had stopped talking, and Amata swallowed her food. "So, yous not keeps pets?" she asked again, her young head tilting. "The human boy keeped a ‘yewling’ in a story Dadda readed to me."

[/html]
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _horse.gif); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She really should have known that the girl wouldn't understand her explanation. She should have made it simpler! As much as Ember wanted to treat Amata like an adult, she had to remember that she was really still just a child. A little girl who still thought that the world was made of rainbows and butterflies. She had been like that once, she could remember. She'd been just like Amata. Was this girl as much of a daddy's girl as Ember had been, though? Maybe that was one difference that she could find.

"It's good that your mom took care of that guy, then. With uh...words. I find using a sword gets the point across faster, but to each his own." They would only be threats, after all, if it was one of her packmates. Unless they meant business, meant to hurt the girl. That wouldn't fly.

She tilted her head at the idea that a guardian angel was watching over Amata. A spirit animal? Ember's own spirit animal was the strong and graceful orca Utriuu--was Amata's angel something like that? "Is your guardian angel an animal?" She asked, before going on to answer the pup's question. "A pet? You could keep one as a pet...as long as you kept it happy and healthy. If it was unhappy and wanted to leave, then you would have to let it go"

[/html]
[html]

Sorry about the wait ><
300+

There was a proud nod from the girl, for she was very proud of her Mamma, and her Dadda too. They both protected her and Cambi and Got’am, and they protected the members of the pack too. But at the talk of swords, a little frown came to the girl’s mouth. "Please don’ts hurts anyones, Aunt Em-bur," the little voice replied. The blue and green eyes turned dolefully to the black and brown furred Aunt. "Iss not nices to hurts people...." That is what she had been taught. But she had observed it to. The creamy girl hadn’t liked it when the mean boy Air-es Chance had pushed and bit her, and she didn’t like it because it was mean and it had hurt. She wouldn’t want anyone else to be hurting and feel sad because someone was mean. She didn’t want Aunt Embur to be mean and hurt people. The girl didn’t like that at all. It was not that she was a pacifist, necessarily, but she simply didn’t want to make people feel sad. She liked it when others were happy and glad. That was the best!

A little giggle came from the little girl. "Yes, he iss an aminals," she exclaimed as if the question were very absurd and silly and unnecessary. The little girl was unaware of AniWaya’s culture and of their spirit guides, so she was unaware of her Aunt Em-bur’s confusion. "My gaurdiangel is a wolf!" She exclaimed it proudly, sitting up a little straighter as her tail wagged, the food momentarily forgotten. The little girl purposefully left out his name, remembering when Char’n had denied that he was an angel at all. And because Amata thought that that meant that Char’n didn’t want others to know that he was a gaurdiangel, she kept very quiet and didn’t tell anyone who he was. What a good secret-keeper she was! "He saved me from the mean-line thorn," the little girl explained with wonderment and awe in her little voice. "And he taked me homes when my paw hurteds." Char’n was very big and very nice, and he was her guardiangel.

Amata nodded. "I’s would lets it go. I’s not keep it an’ make it sad." She nodded again, as if to emphasize that she were serious. "But I’s not wants to keep a pet.... Why does we keeps pets?" The girl had been very confused about the concept of pets, especially the one about the human and the ‘yewling’. But no one had been able to tell the little girl why such a concept even existed.

[/html]
[html]
Holy crap! I must have skipped over this one before when I was answering! I'm so sorry D: <333 End it soon??

She shouldn't have mentioned anything about hurting anybody. She had to learn how to be delicate around puppies, how not to make them think that she was going to go on a killing rampage. "Yeah, well if they're hurting my family then you better believe I'm going to get them back for it. I'm no pacifist--if someone attacks you, then you get them back. That's what I think." The little girl was young and untarnished, but she would soon learn of the world. Ember was interested to see how much of her values Amata would have left after she was an adult for a while.

This lesson was going well. At least, Ember thought that it was. She hadn't had such a long conversation with a puppy before in her life. "Nah, I don't keep any pets. Bayard is my friend, and he chooses to stay with me I hope your guardian stays with you, to keep you safe when I can't be there." She said. "But I'm getting a little tired now--are you?"

[/html]