You would cry too if it happened to you
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... orever.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding: 15px; padding-top: 300px; text-align:justify;">
Weeks had gone since she had almost managed to take her first life, but she had failed! She had wasted a whole cage of rodents. It would take months to breed a new army of rats. The grumpy girl had spent those last days in the mansion, but now she was felt claustrophobia grabbing after her throat, and off she went, darting out into the brilliant sunlight. She was in her plain form for once, despite the size that was so obviously wolf. She always felt angry. She hoped it was merely the hormones running her through a temporary inferno, because there were other things that had happened that would not go away like hormones could. Enigma had dared to leave Inferni. Her brother had had the decency to come tell her before he got on the road, but perhaps it would have been just as good to just leave without notice. Halo was furious about it. Those who simply left Inferni because they thought that they had better things to do, well, they could burn in hell!

The young woman's throat rumbled darkly as she thought such sour thoughts. Eventually she changed her random direction and headed for the beach, hoping that watching the sunlight play with the waves would lighten her up.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ilin_t.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
500+

The rain had stopped for a while, and the sun had decided to come out and play. Without the constant raining, the world seemed so much more peaceful, at least when it came to the ocean by the shores; the rain always seemed to have an ominous effect on the sea. That’s how Merilin felt about it. She liked that the sun had finally come out; she had begun to think that this place was always rainy and sad. She couldn’t say much though; she had only been here for a couple days, really. Yesterday, Kaena had helped her get to know more about the territory. She had decided that she liked it; it was large and there seemed much for her to do when it came to exploring, which was something that she did like to do. The young coyote was always full of curiosity, and although this might have been a good thing, it had often got her into trouble, not that she seemed to mind of course. Today, she was also doing some extra exploring. She had spent some time near the beach, and now she thought that she might like to make a thorough inspection of the lands to the west. And that was where she went.

Her bright blue eyes were constantly on the move, greedily trying to take everything in at once. Rock. Dirt. Sand. Water. Sky. Paw. She tried to take note of all that she saw; she would no doubt forget it in an instant. She wasn’t exactly the best when it came to remembering all the details, especially when she was trying as hard as she was now. Yet, the russet coyote trotted onward, very much enjoying life as it had become. Just days ago, she had experienced death, the death of her mother, so far her first and only best friend. But then she had been brought here by the sea and had met Kaena. Life seemed to have been good to her.

As she trotted ahead, continuing to try to notice every detail possible, she caught sighed of something strange on the horizon. What was this new thing? It did not really look like a rock or a tree, she thought. The young coyote slowly came to a stop, her blue eyes squinting to try and make out what that was. After some time, she found that it was another canine. Maybe another coyote. How exciting this was. Maybe she could make a new friend today. That would be nice. Yes.

There was a large rock nearby. She bounded over toward it, hiding behind it. Now it was a game. Merilin giggled silently to herself, pressing her nose to the ground to try and muffle the sound. She waited for a while, hoping that she had not been spotted before. Then, lowering her body as if preparing for a pounce, the young russet coyote bounded forward, turned and began tearing toward the other canine. As she drew nearer, she could tell that she was a normal looking thing, like herself, not like Kaena had been when she met her. Merilin wondered if this canine were also one of those luperci things.

“Hello there!” she called out, her voice loud and sharp in the quiet air. The young coyote offered the other a friendly smile as she began to slow. Once a couple feet in front, she came to a stop and stared blankly and happily at her. The russet tail wagged on its own. “I’m Merilin Ethuil. Are you a luperci too?” She had really no restraint for her curiosity. It just came out with a life of its own.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... orever.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding: 15px; padding-top: 300px; text-align:justify;">300+

The scenery seemed relatively tranquil to the Lykoi girl. A light breath from a lurking headache taunted her nonchalantly, but she knew of its origin. Spending too much inside the house and in dim light, it did that to her. Those days had been spent sulking in that dark room. Kaena’s tooth had not been prepared either. Halo had it lying in the closet where Siobhan had kept her clothes when the Lykoi girl had first occupied the room. The hybrid picked it up and looked at it sometimes, investigating it repeatedly without getting tired of the lack of some new discovery about the lonely tooth. It was definitely canine and one of Kaena Lykoi’s enemies. Halo too wanted a necklace with a victim’s tooth hanging. Victims’ teeth.

Those ruby orbs of Vitium’s child pursuit wave after wave as the ocean endlessly advanced and withdrew. The light sand was soft and seemed to want to slip away from under her. The girl decided that it bothered her. The young adult did not notice any girl or rock as she walked along the sandy line. Because of this lack of awareness, the girl that bounced out from her hiding spot caught Halo completely by surprise. At once, Halo had gone from her jump in surprise into an absolutely threatening pose. Those blistering white teeth shone at the younger girl, and Halo’s eyes seemed to spit fire. With every hair on her body erect, the already oversized coyote almost seemed to grow twice her own size. An angry bark sounded, and Halo withdrew her neck in a similar fashion to that of a snake.

”You bloody fuck!” she spat out, completely ignoring the girl’s question and good will. The little shit was trying to fuck with her? There was no way Halo would react well to such insolence. It mattered very little to her that the girl had not meant to cause such fuzz about it. Halo wanted to cause fuzz. She wanted a scapegoat that she could leash out at. The stranger girl did not smell strongly of Inferni at all, and was enough evidence to reveal that she was very fresh to these land and its coyote clan. ”What do you think you’re doing?” the girl growled out between ivory fangs, wondering what the girl’s name had been.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ilin_t.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
500+

Merilin was completely at a loss. She immediately recoiled, wondering why this coyote was yelling at her. She hadn’t done anything wrong, after all, just said hello and wanted to be her friend. Her russet ears fell and she was suddenly afraid, shocked by the loudness of the other coyote’s retort. The poor thing was so confused. She simply did not understand why this was happening to her. Kaena had not been that way, and Merilin personally thought that Kaena had a more frightening appearance. However, Merilin realized that she had definitely upset this creature, and wanted to mend the terrible first impression she had given. She wasn’t sure how she was going to do those exactly, but she felt that she could only try. If she failed, she would not be anywhere different than she was right now. She had nothing to lose… She listened to the coyote’s foul language, and tears began to well in her eyes. Scary.

A small whimper escaped the young russet coyote and her bottom lip seemed to tremble a bit. Her great blue eyes gazed up at her sadly as she sat there in a recoiled poise. Her tail had wrapped itself around her legs as if trying to protect them from some small and unseen enemy. She met the other’s gaze. They were so strange and red and had a simmering effect on the young russet coyote. What to say… suddenly she could not speak, her mind had gone blank. What did she think she was doing? She could not remember… what was it? There was a terribly long period of time in which Merilin said nothing at all, frozen in her place like the rock from which she had just pounced. All she could do at the moment was just sit and stare blankly.

And then, suddenly, words came to her. Without thinking about them, she spoke; she never thought about her words because it just took too much time. “I just wanted to get to know you,” she said in her defense, the small coyote’s voice just as small as she appeared in comparison to this awesome figure which stood before her. She did not know what else to say, but she was afraid. She wasn’t afraid, now, of this crimson eyed coyote, but rather of losing the interest of the coyote that would make it go away. She could not leave now. Not when she had just met her. She tried to think. “I’m Merilin,” she said again. She paused once more. Now what?

Suddenly, Merilin felt better, though it was unsure as to what had made her feel that way. She returned to a normal standing position, her ears perked up once more, her tail regaining a slight wiggle. “I want to be friends; I’m new here and I don’t really know anyone. Let’s be friends.” Now the young coyote’s voice was bright and cheerful again, ready to start anew the relationship that she might have possibly ruined. The sun seemed to be watching, shining down and playing with her russet tones as if for moral support. She needed it, yes. This new coyote she had met was a bit intimidating. But she still wanted to be friends. Already she had decided that she liked her.

“What’s your name?” She offered the coyote another sweet smile. Her tail began to wiggle more furiously.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... orever.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding: 15px; padding-top: 300px; text-align:justify;">500+

The younger female recoiled as though she had been hit. In a way, she had. Halo’s annoyance was far greater than her regret, but the praeses’ lips quickly hid away those threatening daggers, realizing that this after all was an Inferni member and not deserving of such an outbreak despite that she had managed to startle the Lykoi girl. Those pretty blue eyes watered slightly. A step was taken in the direction of the other girl, but then Halo hesitated, well knowing that she had to seem like a giant, dangerous threat more than anything. The dark copper girl relaxed slightly, now when she was sure there were no more stupid youngsters jumping about. She blamed the hormones, the hormones! Halo would not apologize, because she was too proud and arrogant to do such a thing to someone younger than herself. The ruby eyes took in the girl’s features. She doubted this could be a relative, not even a distant one.

Halo might would have attempted to say some soothing words to ease the young girl’s fear, but the fresh coyote in front of her had already started to talk again. Merilin was a peculiar name, but it was not at all bad. Halo’s name was pathetic because a halo was granted to those pure and good and sacrificed themselves for the greater good (or something like that). Halo was arrogant, mean and very selfish. She cared about little. Inferni. This youngster here was a part of Inferni. Oh, Halo never learned. It was all that stupid wolf’s fault. Addison had been done for, and then the stupid man had come and ruined everything! Halo wanted to scream and break stuff. Whatever, at least the girl did not seem to threat her further with watery puppy eyes. Halo’s ruby gaze dropped in a sort of shame when the girl revealed her intention. That stupid temper. If this Merilin had met the Lykoi a bright day, then she would have gotten a completely different and definitely better first impression.

Finally, Halo’s flattened ears swivelled sideways in a lazy manner, and the hostile pose completely ceased to exist. The Lykoi girl sat down and gave a heavy sigh at herself and let her eyes reach up to the younger girl’s blue gaze. Hadn’t Halo and her siblings been at that same age when they had joined Inferni’s ranks? The hybrid was unable to determine a proper age, but the other seemed to be well on her way to become an adult, though her words had sounded much more like a child. ”Halo.”, the hybrid’s melody sang out, her voice much lighter and kinder now when she had started to reel in that anger to save for when she was alone once again. ”You should not scare people. It’s not nice.” the girl added, attempting to build up an excuse for her own behaviour without actually having to apologize to the younger girl’s face. Halo was not at all good at that, because she did not like to think that she had obvious flaws. It was easier to shove the blame elsewhere.

[/html]
[html]
500+

Merilin laughed with glee, glad that the coyote was now situated so that their eyes were at a much closer level. Again, the russet coyote was glad; she sometimes felt too lazy to lift her head up to get a good look at someone’s face. “Halo,” she repeated, pleased that she now knew her name. “Now we are friends.” To the young coyote knowing one’s name always made them her friend. This was regardless of whether the other agreed with her judgment or not. It was difficult to get her to dislike you; she practically liked everything. The young coyote moved toward the sitting Halo and set her brow on Halo’s shoulder fur. Ffft. The sound of fur crushing fur. Her ears were sticking out on either side. She remained in that position for several moments before withdrawing and sitting down as well. She gave Halo an apologetic look.

“I’m sorry. I did not know. I was just trying to play,” she said sadly. She hadn’t meant to be mean. Halo had not said the word ‘mean’, but to Merilin, ‘not nice’ was pretty much the same thing as mean. How could she have done such a cruel thing? The look on the russet coyote’s face was one that looked as if all her skin and flesh was dripping off of her face. Such a sad and comical expression. “I’ll try not to be so mean next time,” she promised, the expression on the young coyote immediately changing to a more cheerful one. “I didn’t mean it, though, really I didn’t.” She stared blankly at Halo now, thinking for once. She wondered why Halo had come out in the first place. She knew why she had come out; she had come out to play. Playing was fun. She wanted to have an adventure so she had been planning to explore the territory. This was just as fun though, meeting someone else.

“Why did you come out today? Did you want to play, too?” All of her questions were so innocent. She was so innocent. Perhaps with a couple more days immersed in the environment of other coyotes, she would become less baby-like. That was the hope, anyway; it was impossible to know what would happen. Only the sun knew, but he wouldn’t tell. He just stared down knowingly. Merilin looked up at the sun, yellow playing with the blue of her eyes. She closed them and looked at Halo. Too bright. Now a dark spot was blocking her vision. Merilin shook her head, trying to rid herself of it. It never worked; she never learned.

“If you are playing, maybe we can play together. I was just going on an adventure. I’d never seen a forest until earlier today when Kaena showed me, but I was planning to go there. It’s so weird.” She laughed, her little white teeth showing. She paused, one of her other questions remembered. “Are you a luperci, too? I’m not. I’d never heard of one until I came here. Are there many of them here?” She continued to bombard the poor Halo with questions. She just knew too little. She had been quite isolated when she had lived with her mother. Now, pushed into an entirely different world, she was just so curious about everything. It was like learning how to grow up all over again… although she still had not finished that journey yet.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... orever.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding: 15px; padding-top: 300px; text-align:justify;">3 00+

An ear flickered in true puzzlement when it was established that Halo and Merilin now were friends. The Lykoi, deranged as she was, wondered if she just wanted to make a hell of a drama and bite the younger girl’s head off, but made no move to do such a thing. This girl belonged to Inferni, and that should be reason enough for them to be friends, she guessed. Actually, a soft smile suddenly bloomed in the Lykoi girl’s delicate face. Not long ago she would have gone far to get a friend. The oddly coated Halo had not found what she had been looking for in Inferni, but there was no reason to panic. She had found other things, of that kind that they were already greatly treasured and loved by the Lykoi offspring. People came and went, but that was nothing new here. Kaena Lykoi, the woman she had barely met, meant everything to the grandchild.

”It is okay, Merilin.” Was this blue eyed girl truly so naïve as her brilliant eye colour suggested in terms of blue eyed innocence? This was not good at all. Wolves could probably get away with such cheerful personalities, but they were the majority in ‘Souls. It would be such a shame if the light in Merilin’s eyes was to fade because of a wolf’s cruelty. The sad look in the younger female’s face caused laughter to bubble up in Halo’s chest. So comical, but not at all fitting for this clan. An odd question rose, and Halo’s laughter vanished as if it had never existed. Play? What the fuck? ”Uh.” was all the teenager could say to that, because it was such an odd one. Suddenly Halo felt like she was drowning in the child’s words. Goddamn, the kid would not shut up.

Halo struggled to take in what the child actually was saying, and perked both ears forwards when Kaena was mentioned. Kaena had showed this girl around? Why was her grandmother showing such a dimwit with only sun in her eyes around? Jealousy roared in her chest instantly, but Halo knew how to control her chaotic emotions and short temper as long as her guard was up and there were no absolute surprise elements included. ”Uhm.” Halo replied to the playing and seeing forests. ”Yes, I am..” she answered dully to the luperci question. Weren’t all of them luperci these days? ”I thought everyone was..” she slowly said, actually feeling a bit silly for not having a rock solid answer.

[/html]