A place to call home
[html]

ooc: this was meant to be more like a "territorie's discovering journey" by Claire and Catherine, but since my sis isn't able to play lately, and thanks to my longing to play during my last vacation's days, I decided to open it to everyone which's willing to help and meet the newcomer, and even maybe discover something about her past, weaknesses, and former pack - because they're all connected ^~.

W.C.: 320

Claire was so happy she was accepted as a member of the tribe that she had to wait a few minutes until she had recovered her sanity again, and could think properly her next move. Of course the white femme knew since the beginning that it should be choosing a new place to live, but she knew too she had to be in her perfect state of mind in order to do it.

The sky seemed to not be in the mood to change its grey appearance, the hot wind blew through the two Lupercis and the corn crops wove a bit.

Nothing could be less energizing.

But Claire didn’t need anything more than her own will to feel her blood race through her body, her heart pound, and her paws willing to move by themselves, as her wagging tail.

She shook all her body, and stretched her front legs, smiling to her newest friend, who stood, patiently at her side, with the strange and hissing snake wrapped in her neck, and the black and white falcon drifting above them.

“Now I think we can start walking. Could you show me the best places to live?”

But Catherine’s mind seemed to be in some other place, as she stood, staring blankly to the long leaves next to them, as her reddish-brown mane wove softly at her back.

“Ok, so I think I’ll do it myself”, Claire said, more to herself than to her friend “See you soon, Catherine”, she smiled, and turned around, pacing through the seeming-unending corn crop, hoping that was the right direction, and willing to meet someone who could show her a place to rest.

The white femme was beginning to feel tired, her muscles starting to ache a bit, but she wouldn’t stop, at least until she found some shelter, so she started humming a random song, as her body moved between the long and thin stalks.

[/html]
Hi! Big Grin

[html]

Though the gray sky might have been trying awfully hard, there were at least a couple wolves out there that it had failed to dishearten. Hemming walked with a bounce in his step, opening his hands as he waded through the tall grasses so that they could slip across his palm. His Spirit Guide, a little bird named Dagrun, sat happily upon his head, her beady black eyes roving across the fields of gold and the distant trees. There was a little bit of wind rustling the grasses and muffling a faraway sound, but it was still evident to the gray wolf. Someone was humming! Such outward displays of contentment was something that he was always happy to stumble upon, and he would be pleased to meet whoever it was that was producing such a splendid tune.

There was a form in the distance that he had a little bit of trouble making out, and as he drew closer he found that it looked strangely like a friend and fellow AniWayan, Catherine. It wasn't quite her, though, and as Hemming came closer he noticed that it was someone he had never even seen before. A little smile came across his maw, the wolf always happy to meet someone new, and he approached her. Coming up beside her and, from a distance, joining her in her voyage through the tall stalks of grass, he gave a little wave and chimed, "Hello!"

kat made this! Big Grin
[/html]
[html]

occ: heyy!! I’m soo happy you answered this thread!! \o/ I tought it would be forsaken for good…

Hahahah thanks a lot, and forgive my delay, my college’s duties are getting harder and more complicate than I could imagine…

W.C: 352

Still padding through that waving long crop, Claire’s only safe thought was that it wasn’t possible not to have an exit to that green maze, and so she should keep on walking, and singing – on her former home, they would say that “by singing you keep the evil away”. Or something like that.

And so she did.

At least until she heard something, besides the insects and the passing chirping birds. Could it be… steps?
The white femme stopped, trying to concentrate. She took a deep breath, closed her eyes and flicked her ears, searching the source.

Suddenly, she found it, opened her eyes and ran towards it, not bothering with the leaves that insisted to be in the way, beating lightly on her face and body as she passed by them.

It didn’t last long until Claire found a shape, and slowed her pace, in order to make an appropriate presentation, though she knew her fur wasn’t in its better shape: the leaves and stalks had messed it up.
But her growing anxiety disappeared when the small femme saw the stranger’s smile. So warm. So welcoming.

Claire was so happy to have found someone after long hours of loneliness, in the middle of that strange unending green place, that she couldn’t help shedding a tear, the little drop falling slowly from her good green eye through her face, stopping in the border of her smiling mouth. Salty.

“Hello”, she answered, still smiling, and nodded smoothly, “I’m new here, and hum, I’m a bit lost… Could you help me, please? I must find a place to rest.”

The white femme stopped when they were close, staring the grey-shadowed one with curiosity, still asking herself if it was ok to be in that form she was, and why was that small bird sitting on his head. All the others she had already met were in that other two-legged form, and had some sort of animal around them…

But that moment wasn’t the best time to worry about details. She’d better focus on the most important things.

“And… My name is Claire. You are…?”

[/html]
Hehe! Don't worry about the delay, I understand Smile It was barely a delay anyway Tongue

[html]

Hemming remembered when he was new in AniWaya. It had been a strange period of time, especially because he had not even set foot in any pack's lands for years. His previous and very constant loneliness made seeing someone even once every few days a little overwhelming, but he could understand that someone coming from a very social life, or someone to which those things mattered greatly, could find themselves quite alone amongst the corn. There was an odd transition state between being new and being an incorporated part of the family, and different wolves dealt with it differently. Hemming himself was fortunate to have run into Ember, who got him set up with a place to stay the night. The cozy little cave was still his home.

He knew that some of the wolves actually slept within the village, though, in the wonderful little houses that gathered around the very heart of AniWaya. Did the other want a place just to sit down, or did she want a place to sleep? The difference didn't really matter now, as Hemming had decided to take her the short distance into the town, and perhaps they could sit around there somewhere. It would, hopefully, be a good introduction to life in AniWaya.

"Well, welcome! I'd be happy to help," he exclaimed with a wide grin. At her next statement, he nodded and replied, "I'm Hemming," and after a moment's hesitation he pointed to the bird on his head, "And this is Dagrun, my Spirit Guide." Surely that was one of the oddest things about this tribe, and one that Hemming continued to grapple with despite having been part of AniWaya for a few months now. Directing his body towards the village center and taking a couple of steps, he asked, "Shall we?"

kat made this! Big Grin
[/html]
[html]

ooc:Heey! Finally I'm here! Still tired and sleepy, but with enough strenght to reply this thread hehe

hope you like it, and I'm sorry I couldn't do anything bigger.

W.C.:204

Claire frowned and blinked twice, trying to get things right.

‘…Had he just said ‘spirit guide…?’’, a small voice sounded in her head: his words made no sense for her. It was like hearing a foreign language.

As the last movement and speaking from Hemming seemed to wake her up, the small femme nodded, still with her mind spinning, and followed the two-legged one within the endless green.

They walked in silence for a couple of minutes, hearing their movements between the leaves, the birds and insects around them. But Claire wasn’t paying attention to any of this: she was still trying to choose the first thing to ask Hemming, as her mind was already aching with countless questions that popped up on the last few hours. Besides, the small femme already trusted enough her new colleague to feel safe to ask all she wanted to know. It must be because of his warming smile and will to help. That reminded her of her own, and that felt good.

“Hm… there’s something that’s bothering me…” she started, staring the deep brown ground, stained with small plants and stalks “… Why is everybody I met in this two-legged form? Is it a rule or something?”

[/html]
Little posts are no problem at all! Big Grin

[html]

AniWaya was, perhaps, a little confusing. It wasn't just the traditions and the ceremonies that were different than in most other packs, it was also the way of life. Hunts were performed in a tribal manner, Dawali in the lead with his bow and arrow and many of the members also carrying traditional weapons. For his first hunt Hemming had gone on four legs and herded the group of wapiti towards those with weapons, because he did not yet know how an AniWaya hunt worked but the instinct to chase prey in the Lupus form was natural. Perhaps next time he would be in the party that ambushed the wapiti rather than those that corralled them.

The silvery male caught a bit of bemusement on the other's face, but it seemed to fade a little. He imagined that it was the mention of Spirit Guides, as the idea had caused an immense amount of bewilderment for Hemming, too. The Spirit Guides were still largely a mystery to him, one that was gradually fading. He supposed he would never know everything about them, but the amount of knowledge he had now compared to before he had met Dagrun made him feel satisfied. He would learn more and more as life went on.

Hemming turned his head to her when she indicated that she had a question, and when she asked it he looked up to the sky, squinting a bit. It was interesting that most everyone in AniWaya chose to be in their two-legged form. Hemming found it the most versatile and, for some reason, the most comfortable. With a soft smile, he replied, "No, it's not a rule, but much of what we do every day requires that we have our hands available. I guess most of us just get used to being in this form, and so stay in it most of the time. I hadn't really thought about that before."

kat made this! Big Grin
[/html]
[html]

ooc: Oh my! I'm finally able to enter this rpg again!! *glad* well, as my one-month work ended last friday, I hope I'll be able to answer the threads a bit faster. *double glad* uahauh

and I'm still so sorry for my almost-two-week delay. It's just because I went to my aunt's house during a week, and during the other I was so dead when I got home that I couldn't do anything besides eating and going to bed.

But now everyting will be diffrent (at least I hope so. Let's see then. hehe)

W.C: 202

“Hmm I see.”, Claire answered, feeling better. Everything that’s not a rule is always better to get used to, slowly, in your own way, even with her thinking she would hardly get attached to this way of living. Her past was still hurting enough.

A melodic sound came from somewhere behind them. Must’ve been the birds, that ones which sings with all their hearts. Claire thanked them all for taking her away from those still fresh and aching wounds.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?”, the small femme smiled, as they paced slowly, side by side.

A quick moment of silence between them passed before she asked, still curious, and willing to concentrate in any other thing than that evergreen scenery around them:

“And what about the rules? The tribe’s, I mean. There’s something I must or mustn’t do there?”

She raised her head, staring Hemming, and caught a glimpse of something different far ahead, behind the male’s body: could it be a sign of the tribe? The village, maybe?

Her heard started pounding, as her stomach complained the absence of food, and a warm sensation of hope began to spread through her chest.

Could it be the moment she would say 'Finally at home'…?

[/html]
Awh, don't worry about it, you sound really busy!

[html]

It was probably possible to become so accustomed to beauty that it wasn't even noticed anymore, but Hemming did not experience this. Each day he woke up, each time the sun went down and cast its colors across the sky, the wolf felt almost overwhelmed by its elegance, the subtle glamor the lands of AniWaya held. It was a particularly gorgeous place, the stalks of wheat waving in the distance, the occasional tree and the high grasses, and the male sometimes wondered if he ever got used to it. Even Dagrun, despite the thousands (millions?) of years she had been around, seemed rather fond of the place. Occasionally he could feel her chest swell with wonder. Smiling at Claire, who had brought these realizations to the surface, he nodded genially and said, "Yes. Always."

He hadn't been made aware of any rules after he had joined the tribe, and he hadn't really learned of any since. The AniWayan thought for a moment, as if to ensure he wasn't forgetting anything, before shrugging and chuckling a bit. Dawali seemed fairly relaxed about any rules there might be, though the ceremonies enforced a loose routine. More than anything, though, these ceremonies offered a chance to reflect on the past months, think of the coming ones, and to get together with the rest of the tribe. Hemming appreciated these meetings greatly. "Naw," he said at length, "Not really. Just be nice, considerate. Do unto others as you would have done unto you, you know.." The silvery male laughed again, finding his words amusing for some reason. He didn't exactly feel as if he was in the right place to advise a newcomer, but he had been in the tribe for about four months now, so he was on his way to understanding. That would come with time, and Claire would find it eventually as well.

kat made this! Big Grin
[/html]
[html]

ooc: yey! finally! \o/ yes, I'm alive! *at least until now hehe* enjoy :3

W.C: 338

Claire smiled, pleased with the advices Hemming had given her. “Such beautiful words, sir. Are you a poet?” she said without thinking, and blushed violently under her fur, just after she realized what she had said, looking to the ground. ‘Silly thing’ complained the annoying little voice in her head, which the small femme tried to ignore.

“Well…” the white femme tried to put her thoughts in anything else “that’s good there isn’t many rules. You see, in my former pack there was plenty of, which was indeed annoying. It’s bad for your creativity, living bound to rules you even don’t understand nor agree to, and…”

Claire lost her train of thought completely as her eyes caught the first glimpse of the tribe, just when she finally stepped out of the unending crop’s stalks.

She didn’t know if it was the feeling of freedom of being out of the green maze, or of being in a free land, or it was just the beauty of the place. All she knew was her body was motionless, and she could say nothing but “waaaah!”

She felt her eyes wide, while they tried to catch all the details of the sunny and bright landscape, the well built village, the passing animals. To blink seemed a waste at that moment.

“B… beautiful…!” her mouth opened in a wide smile.

Claire couldn’t tell how much time they stood there, silent, only gazing to her new home. A warm sensation filled her chest, and a soft wind blew through them, carrying to her nose his scent, making her aware of his presence again.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I got lost by all this beauty. Ok, I seem now a mom that just has seen her baby for the first time. Heheh… Well, I think I’m ready to begin our tour. And I know we don’t have much time because the sun is beginning to go down. Pitty. Do… do you have some time tomorrow to show me what we wouldn’t be able to see today?”

[/html]
And finally I have replied, as well XD;; We could probably end this thread pretty soon?

[html]

Hemming liked to write poems, but was by no means good at it. He giggled a little at her statement, grinning sheepishly as he turned to look at her. "Any words that come together beautifully have done so by chance!" he laughed, smiling widely at her and shaking his head a little. It was a nice thing to hear, but even if those words hadn't come together by chance, he felt a little as if he had heard them before somewhere. Phrases tended to get lodged in his mind, only to emerge later by their own volition.

The male agreed completely with what Claire was saying about words, and he nodded continuously to show that he did. She would feel right at home in AniWaya, where the rules certainly didn't restrict one's creativity. In fact, the tribe practically relied on the creativity and cleverness of its members. The newcomer was completely right; stiff rules could only stifle good things.

It was clear that the sight of the village was overwhelmingly wonderful to the female, and Hemming would give her all the time she needed to recover. It was quite a beautiful sight, with the huts designed and arranged so attractively, the darkening sky giving it an almost mystical mood. Hemming laughed again at her statement, finding Claire's company quite pleasant and amusing. Agreeing with her, he replied, "I sure do have some time tomorrow! We can at least take a peek in the stables tonight, though." Smiling, he started towards the building that housed the horses belonging to the tribe. It was one of his favorite places, mostly because it was occupied by some extremely intelligent beasts.

kat made this! Big Grin
[/html]
[html]

ooc: omg! it's a miracle I could answer your thread!!! uahuaha I still can't believe I've done this. and in my college! (ok, I'm waiting till my friends arrives so we can finish our work, but I still have to wait until night, so I'm kinda free now). sincerely, it's a bit strange, not having so much things to do in a day... I'm feeling kinda empty uahauhau have you ever felt like this before?

and it's ok for me if you want to finish this thread soon. but I'll invite myself to play with you more times 'cause it's really fun (if you agree, of course), and after the first week of december, I'll be in a less hurry (I hope so), so I'll able to play more often.
ps: it's still not so good 'cause I'm still tired. but I enjoyed writing this. I hope you have fun too :3

The small white wolf followed her friend for a couple of minutes, in silence, with a wagging tail behind her. They finally passed through the green field, pacing in a wide one, covered with grass, small bushes and earth – which gave her a new strength, a growing sensation of freedom, although she was starting to feel her sore paws and legs - and it seemed he was leading her to a bigger hut, and Claire wondered what could it be.
‘Of course.’ The annoying little voice answered on her mind, as if it was headed to an annoying child ‘Hemming just said about the stables, didn’t he?’

Claire shook her head, trying to focus on her way and new companion. A bird chirped far ahead. The small femme’s eyes were still staring at the village, a wonderful sight framed by the sunset, and although she did want to stare up at her new friend to answer his questions, the sight of her new homeland with all those amazing colors and shades, still held her eyes like magnets, so she just waited, until her good green pupil were able to roll up, and encounter Hemming’s.

They were considerably close to the stable when the small femme finally broke the silence between them, frowning:

“Why did you choose to show me the stable first?”. She just couldn’t understand. She’d never been much close to a horse. She didn’t understand how and why some of them were so close, just like old friends. Or family. Deep inside her chest she found that kind of relationship a little odd, but it was something one would keep within him forever. Or as long as she didn’t know whether her companion would take this as an offense.

[/html]
Gosh, so sorry for the wait! I just finished my semester at school and got back from out of town, and I think I'm feeling how you are! I don't know what to do with myself! Hehe. I'd love to have another thread with you, Claire is fun Big Grin

[html]

The sight of the sun fading behind the village of AniWaya was a beautiful one. Hemming had a small, content smile on his face, an outer reflection of a feeling prompted by the world around him. It was not just that the lands of AniWaya were beautiful, it was also that they were home. There was a warmth that seemed to surround the huts, the tall stalks of wheat, and the spatterings of trees, a toasty feeling that the male had never found nestled in and among any other patch of the earth. Claire was lucky to have found this place, as was Hemming.

When they had reached the doors that separated the horses from the outside world, Hemming placed a hand on the closed half of the door, which reached only a little above his hip. He smiled and looked at her, ready to answer her question. "It was the first part of the village that I saw when I came here. I'm having a great time, so maybe it's a good place to start." Hemming grinned widely, feeling slightly sheepish. He didn't believe in things like good luck, only happy coincidences and the good feelings induced by a favor done, but for some reason the stable just seemed like a good place to start. It was what was familiar to him, after all, and it had certainly gotten him off to a good start - it was where he had met Ember.

kat made this! Big Grin
[/html]
[html]

ooc: oh thanks ^^ hehe

but sincerely I don't know if I'll continue to play here with Claire, cause I have so much unexpected things to do now that I end up finding so little time to sit and write something. it's sad, I know, since I do like Claire a lot, but... well... let's see what happens next, shall we? 'cause we still aren't able to know what we'll have to face tomorrow...

... and that's good to have someone who understands me x3 hehe

... in the other hand, it's not so good for you, since I think no one deserves this situation...

but well, let's go to what deserves our attention best, shall we?

W.C: 290

As they approached the stable, Claire stared to her new friend with a green curious eye: he had this tender smile on his face, as if he was thinking of something very special and beloved. Her growing curiosity made her wonder what it could be, as she felt a warmth growing in her chest too. A great feeling, that was it. Something like feeling at home. Her mouth crooked in a blissful smile, and her gaze followed Hemming’s, to the horizon, and then to the wooden doors he opened with a groan.

“oh, I see.” Her smile was still on her face “thanks. Your kindness makes me feel at home.”
The small femme snuck her head inside the place, but still wasn’t sure if it was all right to enter all of a sudden, like this. But Hemming’s growing smile calmed her down and assured her she was allowed to enter whenever she wanted.

But still, the white femme took only a cautious step into the place and sniffed the air. And snooze.
“all this horse’s floating fur tickles my nose” Claire chuckled “as if I hadn’t any…”

They laughed as they entered the place.

Claire’s curious green gaze traveled quickly all over the place, from the magnificent bodies of the animals that rested in there to the tiniest detail of the last rays of daylight entering the place through the windows.

“That is just amazing…!” she whispered, amazed by the beauty all around her “was this place made by members of our pack or by human hands? And… is it difficult to learn how to mount one of this?” she nodded toward one of the horses, a big and brown one, which chewed something absentminded, inside its stall.

[/html]
... sorry guys :x
I was doing some work and had to check post lenght... so I decided to use this checker, but unfortunately, I clicked "submit post" in stead of "check pl"

I'm so sorry ._.""