plastic smile to match your style [p]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #0069B3 solid; font-size: 10px;">

ooc -

Let's get this underway! 378 words.

ic -

She felt terrible for what she wanted to do, but the feelings could not be helped. Princess would be allowed to join Crimson Dreams, according to the pack's leader. She could be with her brother in a pack that had banned her mother from coming near its borders. It would be safe, and Tokyo would not be able to hurt either of them ever again. Wasn't that what she wanted more than anything? The girl knew it was true, but it was still a frightening thing to think about. It had been almost a month since she had visited Crimson Dreams, and she had been hesitating ever since. Tokyo would be absolutely livid if she found out Princess was leaving her.

That was why she had been thinking about a way to leave Dahlia de Mai without her mother knowing what had happened, but she still had not thought of a way to do that. Because of this, Princess now found herself lying on the beach outside of their den, watching her paw disappear into the sand with every incoming tide, doing nothing about her problem. She wanted to be with her brother, and had always known this. Despite anything she had said to her mother or anyone else since joining Dahlia, Princess did not forgive Tokyo for what she had done, and she doubted she ever would forgive her mother's misgivings as a parent. The older Chance woman did not deserve forgiveness for their history.

Sighing, Princess rolled over onto her back, holding her paws over her chest. From far away, someone looking at her might think that she looked very relaxed, content to be resting by the water. However, upon closer inspection, they would have seen the concerned expression on her face and wondered what was bothering such a pretty young girl one such a nice day. For the first time in a while now, the sky was not pouring down on them. It was overcast, but the sky did not look too threatening. Closing her eyes, Princess wished desperately for all of her problems to leave her. Why had she come here, anyway? Life would have been so easy if she and Buttface had just stayed away from Tokyo forever. Damn these absolutely useless complications!

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... tokyo3.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding:15px; padding-bottom:0px;">
i are slow, but you already know i suck! >_>. also i cannot get over how sexy that princess av is you're using. 387 words.

Tokyo was, of course, completely oblivious that there was anything wrong with her daughter, and even to the fact that her son was living in these lands. She thought life was going rather swimmingly - she had her beautiful daughter, who caused no trouble at all, and was climbing steadily up the ranks of this super awesome pack, Dahlia de Mai. Wandering out from her den she headed towards the coast. She had just awoke from a very nice nap, and it wasn't raining! Her fur was still slightly damp from when it was raining earlier, but it was actually dry enough to be sorta puffy. She sort of wanted to brush it, but she didn't feel like shifting and it seemed like an awful lot of effort when the clouds above clearly threatened that this was just a lull, not a real shift in the weather.

Eech. As pretty as the ocean was, she did not much feel like going for a swim. It was too much of a rarity these days to actually be like, dry. She wandered down the beach a little, making a game of walking as close to the ocean as she could without ever being caught by the tide rolling in. Tokyo missed once just barely and scowled, less than pleased; she abandoned the game then, because it was a dumb one if she couldn't even win it. It was okay though, because there was something new to focus on - her daughter had come into sight, sprawled out on the sand.

She called out while too far away to notice the discontent on Princess' face. "Hey, there's something I wanted to talk to you about." Which was true. Tokyo hadn't known that her daughter would be around today in particular, but generally speaking she realized that she should probably teach Princess about.. ew, sex sometime. It was a subject that had been flitting around her mind some lately, particularly after her pleasant conversation with Haku. It was really something she should know about before any evil guy tried to do it with her. If Ophelia had ever bothered to explain it to Tokyo, maybe she wouldn't have made that mistake with Raphael.. Well, Princess wouldn't have been here, in that case. But still. Tokyo's life would have ended up much better.
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #0069B3 solid; font-size: 9px; line-height: 12px;">

You don't suck, so shh! XD 379 words.

Thoughts swam in her head, clashing with one another and making her brain a muddled mess of confusion. She just didn't know what to do with herself right now, but unfortunately, she really didn't have anyone to talk to about it. In the back of her mind, Princess knew she probably could have gone to find Catalyst or Colibri, or even Alexey, if she really wanted someone to talk to, but she didn't think she really wanted anyone to help her through her problems. Truth be told, Princess guessed what she really wanted was for someone to tell her how to fix her problems. If she was supposed to live with Buttface Ares, then what she wanted was for someone to tell her that she was supposed to go live with her brother. If she was supposed to stay with Tokyo and forget about her brother and Crimson Dreams, then what she wanted was for someone else to tell her that she was supposed to stay with her mother. That way, she had someone else to blame if things went wrong.

The sound of her mother's voice, both a dreaded and beautiful thing, pulled Princess back to reality, and she rolled over so that she was sitting up for her mother's arrival, rather than sprawled out on her back as she had been. As well as fixing the way she was sitting, it also served to remove the concerned look from her young face, replaced instead with an obedient and pretty look for her mother, to please her. How quickly she could fade between wanting to leave and wanting nothing but to please her mother. "What is it, Momma?" she questioned, keeping the hint of dread from creeping into her voice, though she certainly felt it in the back of her throat. Those words were very worrisome. Had Tokyo found out that she had told Catalyst everything? Or had she even found out that Buttface was right over there in Crimson Dreams? Princess did not know how she would have handled either situation, but neither would have been good, and they were all she could think of. The real reason behind her mother's words were not known to her, but if they were, she would have been very confused.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... tokyo3.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding:15px; padding-bottom:0px;">
319 words. this thread amuses me XD

If Tokyo had any idea about Princess' problems, oh, she'd give her a solution right off the bat. It was easy, because the older female's mind didn't deal with many shades of gray. Yes, there were a few - primarily revolving around her actions a year or so ago that resulted in her killing some of her children. Well, even that didn't stay gray for long. It was just a rapid change of opinion, a firm belief that she was justified in what she was doing, then that little gray period of worry and a quick change of heart when she decided to be a mother to the survivors. There shouldn't even be a question in Princess' mind. Buttface was evil, Tokyo was good. She should stay with her mother. If only her daughter felt comfortable with opening up to her.. Then again, if Princess did feel comfortable and close with Tokyo, there wouldn't really be this whole issue of leaving in the first place.

But again, none of this was running through the Dahlian woman's mind. All she was thinking about was this very important and very gross matter at hand that she should make sure her daughter was aware of and careful to avoid. Her daughter was such a lovely little thing! Princess must learn to be very careful, that disgusting men did not try to.. touch her, or seduce her. Tokyo wasn't sure how to broach the subject, though. It was a very delicate one, very much not for children, but her beautiful baby girl had sure grown up a lot. She probably wasn't even a child in the eyes of the pack anymore, probably held an adult rank or something - Tokyo didn't know for sure, she hadn't really been paying attention to that. Well, first she'd figure out how much she actually had to say: "What do you know about, well, how puppies are made?"
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #0069B3 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px;">

320 words.

Well, those were not the words she had expected Tokyo to throw at her, but they were better than the only alternative that Princess could think of. Probably Tokyo did not know that there was something wrong with Princess if she wasn't saying anything right away, so the girl took that as a good sign, and one that meant that she should be compliant and not give any hints about the predicament she had found herself in. In a way, the multi-hued girl had been hoping that her mother might have realized that something was wrong. It would have meant that the older woman cared enough to notice such a thing, and it could have strengthened their relationship to discuss what was on her mind. That is, if she had wanted their relationship to get better. Princess did not want that. She didn't know exactly what she did want, but she didn't want to be closer to Tokyo, at all.

Truth be told, Princess did not have the slightest idea of where puppies came from or how they were made. All that she knew was what she had heard in passing from Tokyo when she was much younger and her mother was openly bitter about the situation with Raphael, Champ, and the unwanted puppies that had resulted from the encounter and awful incident. Princess knew that her mother did not particularly appreciate puppies, so whatever made them happen must be something to be warned about, judging by the serious expression adorning her mother's usually beautiful face and their history dating back to her birth. "I don't really know anything about that. I only know the little bit that you told me when I was really little, about my dad," she added tentatively, nervous to even be mentioning Raphael in front of her mother. surely such a thing could not end well, since Tokyo most obviously hated Princess's father so completely.

[/html]
[html]
slowwwwwwwwww. 333 words

Well, that was only to be expected. Tokyo couldn't think of any reason Princess would know, unless she had read about it somehow or if for some reason some other adult spoke of it to her. Of course her beautiful daughter was too young, too good of heart to have learned about sex first hand! The older female tried to think back, trying to figure out what exactly she had mentioned about Raphael. Of course, her father would be the one who would come to Princess' mind; it made sense, and Tokyo wasn't too upset by the mention of him. She didn't think she had said anything about the specifics of how it happened, just that Raphael had hurt her, and that pregnancy was something to drive away Champ. There wasn't too much information to glean from just that sparse story, other than maybe the fact that making puppies with someone else was like a betrayal.

As much as this sort of thing might seem a little awkward to anyone else, but now that Tokyo had got it into her head to educate Princess she wasn't going to beat around the bush in telling it. "Well, I think you're old enough now, to know. This thing called "sex" makes babies. It happens when a male puts his thing inside of you. It hurts a lot and feels really gross for girls, but guys really like to do it, so be careful not to let any of them trick you into it, you're old enough now someone might try." This was all spoken in an incredibly serious tone. "After it happens, you get pregnant and get fat and have lots of puppies a couple months later, and then that hurts, too." Her heavy ice-cold stare focused intently on her daughter, hoping to impart the severity of this topic. Sex was a bad thing, something you should know about only in order to avoid those tricky men who wanted nothing more than to get some.
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #0069B3 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px;">

I'mma try and get that fight going soonish, maybe? =D 300+ words.

#####Her mother's tone took her by surprise, it must be said. Tokyo was saying the words in the way one might try and make small talk with great vigor; the words were too strong, said firmly. This was strange for her to hear, without even going into the awkwardness of the topic they were discussing. That was a whole other bundle of strangeness, and the girl was a little alarmed at what she was being told. Nothing her mother had ever said had suggested that she had enjoyed the thing that had led to the conception of Princess and Buttface, but to think it was always bad was a little causing of worry. She didn't want to do something she wouldn't liker, especially if someone was going to try it anyway, knowing she wouldn't like it. Surely males knew that it, according to her mother's infinite amounts of biased wisdom, was not something that girls enjoyed. Princess never did anything that she did not want to do, and no male would change that - ever.

#####There was one thing that was bothering her, though, about her mother's explanation. "So. . . Nothing good ever comes out of this 'sex' thing?" she questioned, straightening her posture a bit. It was not as if she expected her mother to fawn all over her and take back everything she had done, but she did hope that her mother might ammend what she had said about sex to say that the puppies at the end are worth it. Princess knew her mother would never see Buttface as being worth the cause, but she did hope that she was worth it, just a little. The fact that Champ had left her mother when she had gotten pregnant was known to her, and the fact that this had hurt Tokyo very much was not lost on her. Still, she could hope that she was good enough and wanted. Despite the potential problems that could come from asking this question, she hoped that her mother would tell her that she was worth it. Maybe that would be able to help her figure out what she had to do about her current dilemma between her mother and her brother.

[/html]
[html]
300 words!

Tokyo, as always, was completely and utterly oblivious to the prompting behind Princess' words. For all that her mind could cleverly come up with plausible lies, for all that she could manipulate her tone to the most careful and precise degree, true subtlety lay beyond her grasp. The things that other people hinted at, no matter how baldly, often went over her head. In return, at least it meant when she wanted to say something, or wanted to do something, she was crystal clear and blunt about her intentions. She didn't play with words to try and get her point across with grace; she had zero sense of tact, and honestly didn't even see a damned reason why she needed any.

If Princess had resembled her mother more in that aspect, if she had outright made her question personal, if she had asked if her mother regretted having her.. Well, then she would have gotten a different answer. Because Tokyo did love Princess. She did not like sex or pregnancy or puppies. And she didn't give a damned if those two facts contradicted, because as far as she was concerned they were both completely and utterly true. Unfortunately, though, Tokyo still believed that the question was really only about the sex.

The mother shrugged. "Some people, when in love, want puppies. I suppose the pain is worth it, to them. Personally, I don't think much good ever comes of sex." Tokyo's forced tone had dropped away, and she was speaking casually again, in a friendly fashion. As if she had no idea the crushing blow on her daughter's self-esteem that her words were bound to have. In her defense, she really didn't know, but intentions can only be taken into account so much in the face of such blatant, careless cruelty.
[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

#####It wasn't as if she had expected her mother to answer in a different way, or to beg for her to not be angry with everything that had happened, but the words still came as a blow to the younger girl. It had been difficult enough to grow up with a mother who abused her brother and killed her other puppies, but to basically be told that she wasn't worth the troubles, either, was a little more than she could actually handle. Too many emotions had been tugging at her mind and her heart that she could not see what her mother had said as something that was not meant to be mean to her. Princess knew how her mother usually seemed to think, and if she had not already been upset, it would not have come as such a sharp sting to her when her mother agreed with her subtly accusatory statement. Drama ran in her blood, it seemed when considering her mother, and her blood was boiling by the time she managed to find her voice to confront her mother.

#####"Oh, so is that why you killed my siblings? Is that why you were so horrible to my brother? You don't really love me, do you," she seethed, averting her gaze to beyond her mother, cutting her out of her line of vision. Though Tokyo might have tried to combat the accusations, it was doubtful that the words would even reach her daughter's ears, as stubborn and as hurt as she was. "I'm glad I'm finding out the truth now, rather than later," she muttered cryptically, referring to the situation with her brother and Savina in Crimson Dreams. If there were any more doubts in her mind, they would have had to have been given to her by some higher power, because she had no desire to stay with her mother any longer than she had to. The words may not have been meant to insult her, but they had done the job nicely and efficiently. Her golden eyes glittered with the tears that were beginning to form, but she pushed them away as quickly as possible. She would not allow herself to cry openly by her mother's offhand words, said without as much as an obvious second thought from the older woman, so much more painful than any sword could have been.

[/html]
[html]
end soon, maybe princess storming off in anger? XD. 342 words

Tokyo was completely and utterly bemused by her daughter's reaction. What the hell had gotten into her? "No, that's not why I did.. that thing. Or why I hurt Buttface." She explained patiently. "And you know very well that I love you, what are you going on about?" She had pushed slightly past confusion to annoyance. Why was Princess always making huge deals out of stuff that didn't matter at all? Nothing Tokyo had said was untrue or meant to be insulting. They weren't talking about the older Dahlian's pregnancy; they were talking about how Princess should be careful and smart and not let such a thing happen to herself. Because it would make her life suck. Tokyo was looking out for her, she was saying those words because she cared for her daughter, because she loved her so much she wanted to spare her from such a thing, because she wanted to impart her hard-earned wisdom!

Finding out the truth now rather than later? What? "Calm down, sweety." Tokyo said re-assuredly, stepping closer to her daughter, reaching out to try and nuzzle her, to show her a little of the physical affection she lavished so sparingly upon her children. Princess was too high-strung, always had been. It was that fact that Buttface had taken advantage of, to twist away her loyalties and steal her away. Was this more of his poisoning, viscous words that still lingered inside her daughter's skull, that time and exposure to her mother again still hadn't erased? God, but that boy was the devil. She wished, with no shame at all in the desire, that he had been in the batch of puppies that she had so carelessly murdered that day so long ago. It was too much to have tried to kill him or anything later on, but if only he could have been grouped with the already dead. Then he wouldn't be a problem in her life any more. She wouldn't have felt much more guilt for four instead of three children dead that day.
[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

#####Pulling away from her mother's touch, Princess turned her face away, taking a moment to compose herself. Nothing good ever came from sex, according to her mother; she was a product of sex. Therefore, she was not good enough for her mother, because she came from something terrible and gross. One of the unfortunate side affects of being so dramatic and having such a dramatic daughter for Tokyo was that the damage was already done, and nothing could be said to change the younger girl's mind. Princess had already been looking for a reason to leave Dahlia and her mother, so this discussion now turned fight would give her a decent backbone for leaving. It was what she wanted now, but she was too much of a coward to do it on her own. Instead, she needed a hard push in the right direction, and her mother was giving her this push unknowingly. If Tokyo knew of the reason she was being so sensitive about the subject, Princess did not doubt she would be very angry. As far as she knew, her mother was completely unaware of her son's presence in Crimson Dreams.

#####She almost corrected her mother without thinking. "His name is Ares now" almost slipped out of her mouth, but she held her tongue. If she were to say that, then her mother would likely be suspicious, and her grayscale brother's secret - now her secret, as well - would be blown out of the water completely. They would never be safe if Tokyo was tipped off about her son's presence. Princess did not want her mother to know where she would be soon, or where her brother was, because she did not want her mother to try and follow her there in anger. All she wanted now was to have a new life, away from her mother where she could be happy and try to forget everything that had happened to her and her brother when they were younger. Savina was willing to give her a chance at having a better and happier life, and Princess wanted to take advantage of that. She could not jeoprodize that future by accidentally telling her mother that the awful, terrible Buttface was in the area.

#####Facing her mother squarely, Princess stood and backed away slowly. She had stayed there long enough, and though the conversation could have been a good one if she had not already been upset, she did not want to be there any longer. "No. Don't call me sweetie. Just leave me alone, because I'm obviously not good enough for you," she muttered angrily. The fur around her slender neck bristled with the building frustrations within her, and as she turned and began to stalk away, she growled loudly for effect. With another look over her shoulder, however, Princess decided to add one more thing to her mother, her tone low and still; obviously upset. "I'll see you in the den later." Princess did not want her mother to follow her, but she did not want to leave her exit open-ended. To do so was practically an invitation to continue the conversation, and she also did not want to let her mother know that something was going on. Until she could find Cercelee and ask for help, she needed her mother to believe that they would be okay again later on. Nothing was wrong, of course. That would be crazy.

[/html]