Please consider me as an alternative to suicide.
Character Name: Seanain
Character Birthdate (including year): Feb 29th 2008
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
Species: Irish Wolfhound
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): Just PM me.
How you found 'Souls: I live here.

She was far from home, that much was true. The wheaten wolfhound had thought that a daring adventure across the seas would be the high life. All it had turned into so far was a sorry waste of time. How was she to know that she didn't have the stomach for the high seas or that the new world wasn't going to be what she had been expecting. The young woman flicked her ears back as she sat back on her haunches and took in the long stretch of beach. They'd made port in the large bay, the ruins of the human city but while the others had poked around in the town she had bid the ship farewell and had watched them sail off without her. Perhaps she wasn't such a salty dog after all, but it was no matter, there was land aplenty before her to explore.

The lanky girl blinked once before she took a deep breath, the scent of the sea filled her nose yet there was the trace of the inhabitants as well. She frowned slightly, inhaling again before the hair on the back of her neck stood up. She'd landed right in the mists of lands inhabited by wolves. She herself didn't have anything against the distant cousin.. but it was bred in her blood and she couldn't escape the raw emotions that threatened over. She just let out a woof as she pushed the thoughts back once more before flopping down on the sands and rolling onto her back. She'd just have a little nap before it was time to discover her next great misadventure.
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
-loves on-

The sun was high when the wayward king slipped out of the ruins of Halifax, tossing a flashing gold coin up high and snagging it with his good hand. He had finally found gold! He did not know it was a gold-plated doubloon replica, a novelty piece from the modern human era. His mood was triumphant as he flicked the medallion up again with his thumb, admiring the glittering aura as the shiny piece tumbled over itself, landing once again on his palm. That was a fine metaphor for how he appeared, was it not? The sun played dazzling tricks with his burnished copper-terracotta-auburn fur, making him blaze like fire wherever he walked... That was how it went in his convoluted mind, at least. His very footprints emblazoned the earth he tread upon, leaving an undeniable record that here, here on this very beach, a god walked among wolves...

Pressing the false doubloon against his furry chest, trying to imagine it as a pendant with a gold chain to match, the deluded monarch padded across the sand of the beach, aiming to drift back to his kingdom. He was still somewhat sore about losing several of his members to little more than wanderlust; he had done the same last month, but he was ever the hypocrite. Loyalty was the only thing that mattered in his eyes. He was beginning to wonder if only dogs shared that unbreakable bond with their packmates, and wolves did not understand the devotion they felt to each other. It was possible, he presumed. That meant he and Ruri, and Vigilante and Mael and Leroy, would be better than their fellow Cour des Miracles dwellers. Perhaps. He did like feeling better...

In his careless daze, he nearly tread upon the young woman before he noticed her. Recoiling his soft-furred footpaw, the collie mix peered curiously down at the wiry-haired canine in repose. She had the scent of others on her, so he assumed she belonged to a pack... but it was not one familiar to him. Perhaps she had deserted them to come here, after hearing rumors of his roguish charm. Preening, the one-armed Optime nudged her gently with a toe, dark eyes glittering with excitement. He had not seen such a leggy canine, with fur such as hers - but he liked what he saw, of course. All dogs were good dogs.

[/html]
How long had it been since she'd had a real rest on ground that didn't roll and buck underneath her paws, she couldn't even recall now, her mind had settled into a nice doze underneath the caress of the summer sun when suddenly without warning a cloud had perched itself above her long limb frame. Her mind still a dozing while her body was groggily waking from the spell of the sun god's rays. One ear twitched as she whined slightly, but that didn't last long as she felt the nudge, a forceful notice to wake up. The girl's ice orbs opened quickly as her sight was greeted by an on slaughter of brilliant colors. It took her a moment to realize that the glossy tones she was gazing upon just happened to be another creature. A lopsided grin appeared on her maw a moment, her tongue lolling out as she chuckled and rolled herself over to get a better picture of the beast who disturbed her slumber.

A quick shake a spray of sand found itself rejoining the beach about them before the girl gave a quick grin once more before raising a brow at the fellow. "Jaysus! Do mine eyes deceive me? Ye a nice strappin' lad now ain't cha? Where'd yea come from.." She paused a second before exclaiming suddenly. "Feck, whas it take ta get some Craic around here!?!" She blinked at the male, wondering why in the world a good ol' dog like him wasn't already wrote off for the day.
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Pale frozen eyes opened to stare at him, and then the wire-haired canine came to life, rolling and panting and shaking free of the granules of sand. Jacquez tilted his head quizzically, lips parted with surprise at the colourful accent she chattered with. Where on earth was she from, this dog on stilts? Half of her sentences were not real words, or so it would seem. He was a bit taken aback... although not for long.

The wolfhound grinned at him, and he could not resist smiling in return. She seemed interested in him, whoever she was. "Your eyes speak the truth, mademoiselle," he purred, deep in his throat. Language barrier - bah. Attractiveness spoke no tongue other than desire. "I come from the heart of the south, where every man fights for himself and the rolling swamps swallow up the ones who lose. I live in my northern kingdom, though, close to here..." His dramatic voice seemed to swell in the tranquil silence of the beach, drowning out the gentle surf and the wheeling cries of the gulls above. He was always the center of attention. Absent-mindedly, he raised his hand to scratch at the knotted scar of his shoulder socket, rubbing where his left arm should have been.

Her second outburst made little sense to the Frenchman, although had he understood her brogue, he would certainly have agreed with the sentiment. "And where do you hail from, o lady of steel wool? I have never met one such as yourself, ma douce. You are fortunate to have landed on these shores and spoken directly to royalty..." The tall Optime winked, dark eyes still roving curiously over her lanky frame. Surely if she shifted, she would grow to an even greater height - one greater than his own. That would be a first.

[/html] [/html]
oy.. she makes me laugh.

The idea that there may have been a language barrier between the two was totally lost on the lanky legged beast as her whip like tail beat back and forth behind her, the silly lopsided grin never leaving her face as her frosty orbs took in the pretty picture before her of this strange fellow who didn't seem the least bit phased by her strange speech, slang, and even stranger sunny distemper. "Iye, ye's a high falutin wee cock now ain't cha?." not that she minded, if the male knew what he was about he should be able to strut a little. Too bad she only had his word to go by, she'd decided to just go with the benefit of the doubt for now.

The action he displayed as he went to scratch an old itch made the girls eyes go wide as she realized suddenly that the lad wasn't fully intact. "Shite! Did some young wan havva go at cha when you gots lil' tah friendly with da fun bags?" Some girls were just too uptight. She shook her head in disbelief as she snicked and raised a brow. "I'd be scundered if I were you.." As fast as the subject had been brought up the girl waved it away with the cast of a hand, this stranger having presented more interesting tidbits for the picking as her eyes shown with interest.

She circled around him to get a better look at the male as she grinned and shot a remark his way, "Ye be a right knacker then? her eyes shining with amusement as the male named his homegrounds in the deep south and then remarked with having landclaim in these far reaches as well. She was beginning to wonder if the male was pulling her leg or if he was the real deal. Though the sight alone of the male was enough to catch her eye his mannerism could do with a bit of a polish in her opinion.

Taking the time to pause and take notice of the male, who's peepers were taking their own sweet time about her own frame she winked at the male as he asked her whereabouts. She shrugged and admitted. "This lass fairs from Jackeen.. Dublin, wha eve'r ye might call de city o' the emerald island." She hadn't even really thought how strange it might seem to him to find one like her among these parts but she had wanted adventure on the high seas and since the sea didn't agree to well with her she'd had to settle for adventure on the foreign sands.
[html]
Hallo, love, sorry to keep you waiting! She makes me giggle, too, she's pretty awesome.

Now he was fairly certain that she was being vulgar, or at least more mouthy than the average wolf female. Spunk was good. He liked spirit. It took him several moments to catch up to every phrase she uttered - trying to translate her lilting colloquialisms on the fly - but so far, she had left a good impression. Bridling with self-supplied compliments, the flashy king tossed his shiny new coin as he drawled, "Now, nobody's 'wee' around here, et c'est la vérité. You're in prime position to take a look for yourself," he added, raising an eyebrow challengingly. His plumed tail waved behind him, to music only he could hear. It was good to be king.

The wiry wolfhound rattled off some expletives at the sight of his asymmetrical lack of appendage. He was surprised she had not noticed when she first woke up - it was usually what stranger's eyes were drawn to, before they noticed his dazzling handsomeness. He made a show of massaging the silvery scar tissue, grunting as his pawpads traced the line where his fur stopped growing. "Ahh, it still hurts me sometimes," he lied, smiling indulgently at the Irish girl. "It was no young one, but a mast from my ship - broke off in a windstorm and pinned me to the deck. Crushed every bone from my fingertips to my shoulder - my crew had to saw it off me just to get me out." He was about to elaborate further about how brave he had been, biting on a piece of fabric so that he did not utter a sound throughout the grisly and fictional amputation, but he realized that the flighty female had already dismissed him. That was his allure, his best scar, his trump card! She was not interested in how he had lost an arm? Feeling huffy, he concluded that "scundered" did not mean anything of value.

Warily, the collie-hybrid watched her circle him and continue her rollicking dialogue. He did not know whether he was a "right knacker", or whether or not he should be. It was difficult to flirt when the lady in question did not act very lady-like. He couldn't tell whether she was being coquettish, or making fun of him. Probably a little bit of both. But one bit caught his ear, and he quickly spoke up, eager to take control of the conversation again. "Emerald Island... just like Firefly...! She did not insist on the same vernacular as you seem so fond of, mademoiselle, but I have seen your rolling coastline, and one of your kinswomen was a member of my kingdom until recently." He smiled proudly, feeling as though that information should mean something. The wolfhound sounded proud of her origins. Maybe this would interest her more.

[/html]
They seemed to be sizing one another up in their own little way as the woman listened with half an ear to the words he granted, the challenge making her eyes sparkle with a bit of mischief as she tilted her head softly to the side and asked with a flashy grin. "Are ye always acting the maggot or this just for airs?" She raised a soft walnut hued brow as she raised her head up and uttered her own true answer to his challenge. Fair play, but I'm flah'ed out bout now. On ta morrow mayhaps we'll be seein' what tools ye be carryin'" She gave him the once over just for sport before saying point blank. "Ye best not turn out ta be a wanker."

She highly doubted that she'd see the man the next day seeing how there was lots of land here for her to investigate and raise hell in but she wouldn't count out the mischief the gods tended to throw down from time to time. If it came down to it and he showed she'd see what the fellow was all about but for now she could put it behind her just like the missing arm the man was rambling on about. She didn't know if she could believe such a story, though he did seem to have the build of the sailors she'd taken a gander at over the few months at sea.. atleast, between the moments of chucking up over the rail. Whatever his story was she'd learn it oneday perhaps, it all depended on what the morrow brought.

The girl was surprised though when the fellow exclaimed that he was indeed aware of the lands she was birthed from. She raised a brow for a second as he rattled on about another Betty before she smirked and said matter-o-fact. "You're pullin' me wire.. Backwater Bog I bet she was. Probably didn't know a lick bout da city." She gave him a shrewd look a moment as she wondered, just what was another mick doing out this far and what had made her find merit on staying upon this stretch of sand. "Part o' you kingdom says you?" She wasn't looking to settling the grounds so soon, but perhaps a safe haven was the thing she needed to keep from getting plum lost out here.
[html]
Will go ahead and title you now... C:

Her pale eyes seemed to sparkle, alight like ice in the sun as the mischief warmed her up. She was definitely flirting now, that much was obvious. And welcomed. Her smile was broad and enticing, as though she knew her way around the ropes. And just like that, the king was back in a good mood - one ripe with anticipation. "Fear not, jolie, Jacquez Trouillefou does not disappoint." He licked his lips, black eyes lingering on her lean, deep-chested frame. Those long legs must be killer.

The scent of the salty sea pervaded the air around them, calming and comforting the wayward king. It was a familiar presence, as was the swishing of the waves at his back, the warmth of the sand beneath his feet. But the sun was slipping from its perch, shadows lengthening as the breezes began to cool. Carelessly, the collie-hybrid flicked the doubloon over his shoulder, letting it splash into the low tide without a backward glance. He had found a new, better toy to amuse him.

"Yes. The kingdom of the Cour des Miracles... Do you believe in miracles, lass?" he asked slyly, adopting one of her own quaint words. "Because we offer sanctuary to every breed and creed, no questions asked except this one. Do you want to join us?" His velvet-smooth voice was enticing - he wanted her now, wanted to claim her as one of his own. She was unorthodox and stood up for herself and clearly liked to explore, if she was so far from home. In other words, she was perfect. No wolf pack, even if they admitted her, could offer her a place that felt like home. This was the only place for wanderers to be welcome.

[/html]
Now for everyone's pleasure hover for translation.. from here on out.

[html]

Once upon a time the Irish lassy had best been described by another as being too damned loud. That probably was the best description of her yet. There was not a thing she did that wasn't bright and merry, aside from heaving over the rails of a ship that was. Her flirtatious banter with the one armed self appointed king was no different. She doubted he would present her with the challenge that she dared from him. When he decided to inform her that he didn't disappoint she just gave a slight nod of her head, her eyes laughing merrily as she said with that brilliant Irish lilt. "I be judgin' that Boyo.." ...and she would, if ever given the chance. Her ideas on life and love were one and the same, gone after with a happy heart and with little mind to any souls she might bruise in the process but she rarely bruised, most often just leaving the youths with fond memories of lovemaking and laughter. This fellow she believed would be no different.

He seemed to decided suddenly that his little trinket wasn't as valuable as he'd been leading one on to believe as without a backwards glance he let it fly into the rumbling waves beyond. Her icy orbs catch the twinkle but she said nothing, amused at his antics but wondering what the tom foolery might be hiding. When he didn't speak or make any other notion to do anything she just let it slide, assuming that later down the line she might find out just what the show was all about. Sometimes men were so strange, but that thought couldn't even keep her brooding for long when there were so many new and inviting things in the new world about her.

Suddenly he did decide to speak and when he spoke he spoke of something that peaked her interest but she for once was silent and just listened. When he finished a slight smile blossomed on her maw again as she chuckled and tossed back at him. "I'm in me wick! Hows bout you tell me bout the talent 'ere and we'll chit." She didn't want to admit right off the bat that she really didn't mind the idea of joining in with his kingdom, didn't want to seem too eager and ready to jump the boat... but within a few moments a full fledged grin busted upon her face as she laughed. "Oy, I'm jus' messing. 'Course I'll take a wack at it. This was going to be a very interesting week. Freshly cast from the sea and already she was getting herself in over her head, and that was pretty damn deep.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.