the hangover doesn't last [j.]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #0069B3 solid; font-size: 10px;">

ooc -

Set shortly after her meeting with Cercelee on August 3rd, if that's okay with you? :3 And I'm GMing what happens in that thread, since Kris is on absence right now, but we discussed what would happen, so. . . Yeah. Sorry for the bad post, but it's reallly late, and I need to clean out my car before morning. ^^; 322 words.

ic -

After her meeting with Cercelee, Princess had felt well enough and less angry to shift and put on a properly decent dress. Because she had worn her blue one to Crimson Dreams the first time she had visited, the girl had cohsen her red and white dress with the polka dots on it for this meeting. She had spent time making sure her appearance was good enough, as she had the first time, but for a very different reason this time. Princess knew exactly who she would be meeting with today, and what would be happening, and she wanted to look her best. As she stood on the scent-marked borders of the pack she hoped to call home, she carried her overflowing duffel bag on one shoulder, and a handful of wilting flowers in the other hand, a gift for the ebony woman.

The flowers were not meant to be dying, but she had made the mistake of picking them right after leaving Dahlia territory without so much as a good bye glance, rather than waiting until she was closer to the borders that she sought. If she had planned ahead, Princess would have picked a small bouquet for Savina before walking for what felt like ages in summer, or she would have sifted through the contents of her bag to find something to hold water in, just to keep them alive for the transport. The roots dangled from the ends of the plants, just as htey had when she had met Colibri, so that Savina could try to plant them if she wanted, and if she did not know how, Princess could try to explain it. Waiting was not something she enjoyed, and she supposed she should try to call for Savina, and maybe her brother, too, so she lifted her muzzle, but the sound was strange to her. Princess had not been trained in the art of manners or leader-calling.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... hell_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Works just fine with me! Big Grin 300+

Things were finally seeming to return to some sort of normalcy. Cambria was back to her normal self, completely indulged in the caterpillar that her sister had found for her to care for. Savina was so thankful that her daughter had finally recovered from her ordeal. Now all she had to worry about was making sure she never came across any of that powder again. Probably the less said about it the better, as Anselm had advised her. She and Kansas had made up as well and reinforced their love for one another. He really was the perfect man for her, she didn't want or need anything more.

The Commander was sitting in the shade by the lake, her feet dipped into the cool water. She preferred summer to winter, there was no doubt about that, but when it was as muggy as it was today it could be quite uncomfortable. It was uncomfortable for any creature, but especially to those that had coats of onyx. It attracted the light and the heat so she did her best to stay in the shade. Triangular ears perked up as a call rang through the air. At first she couldn't put a name or face to it, but then she realized it must be Ares' sister. Quickly she stood up and made her way towards the call. The girl must have finally talked things through with Cercelee.

A smile graced her face as Princess came into sight, weighted down by her belongings. "Hello Princess. I assume you've talked to Cercelee?" The question had an obvious answer, considering the femme had brought what had to be all her worldly possessions along with her. In the back of her mind she wondered if Ares would show up as well. She hadn't seen him since their little talk about right and wrong actions. Savina made a note to mention to Princess that she needed to think twice about whatever her mother had taught her.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #0069B3 solid; font-size: 10px;">

ooc -

343 words.

ic -

The wait was something she could not stand, and her own doubts continued to bounce around inside her head as to whether or not she would fit in with the members of Crimson Dreams. Had Buttface ever mentioned her to anyone, and if so, had it been good words that he spoke? For her own sake, Princess hoped that he had only mentioned her in a good light, so as to avoid anyone thinking badly of her before meeting her. Along with worries of whether or not her new pack mates would like her, Princess found herself worried that Savina might have changed her mind. Maybe she really didn't want another one of Tokyo's kids running around in her pack. Or maybe the ebony leader wouldn't want her anymore after such a long wait. Probably she thought that Princess was lazy or didn't care enough to do anything in a timely manner.

An inaudible sigh of relief huffed out of her small muzzle when Savina arrived, and Princess nodded in response to her question. "I did, Savina, and she's going to tell my moth--Tokyo that I got kicked out, so that Tokyo won't be angry that I left her and she won't come looking for me to hurt my brother again. Does this mean. . . You still want me? You're not mad that it took so long? I was trying to think of a way that it wouldn't be like I left Tokyo on my own, so she would not be angry about it," the girl explained. She had no doubt that Tokyo would be angry, but she probably wouldn't be angry with Princess and Crimson Dreams, and that was what mattered most. She did not hide her fears or worries from anyone usually, and this time was no different. Perhaps being completely honest with her future Commander would be the best idea, and she did want to make sure she was still wanted. Her eyes were hopeful as she looked up at the Italian woman, her hands clutched in front of her tightly.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... hell_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
I apologize if this sucks, but I wanted to get a reply up :<

It had been a while since she had first met the Chance girl, but Savina hadn't really noticed it until now. There had been many other things on her mind, and honestly the fact that at some point Princess had been planning to join had slipped past her recognition. It had been there in the back of her mind, but nowhere near the forefront. But now it seemed that time had come. As she listened to what she had come up with to leave Dahlia her head tilted slightly to the side. It seemed a little over-the-top, but then again, she could understand not wanting Tokyo to pursue her for her decision to leave. Usually she believed honesty was the best policy, but in this case perhaps it really wasn't.

With a smile the raven woman shook her head. "No I'm not mad it took you long. It was a big decision, and no big decision should be made rashly. And yes you're still welcome to come live here. Though," she said, her tone changing slightly, "there is something you need to be careful of. I think that many of the things Tokyo taught you and your brother are wrong. Ares got into a bit of trouble for harming my daughter because she had messed with a book of his. That's not the way you handle pups. I don't know what else she might have taught you, but you'll need to be careful when acting the way she taught you to." She didn't want any more incidents.

[/html]
[html]

ooc -

It didn't suck, and I apologize if this one. . . Does. XD; 358 words.

ic -

Princess nodded gravely, a little surprised that her brother might have acted in such a way. Did he not know that violent means - and she assumed they were violent, since Savina mentioned Ares harming her daughter - were not a good way to handle things, with experience first hand? She supposed he could not be blamed, really, since Tokyo had not shown him anything other than hate and abuse for his very existence. It was still surprising, since Princess practically idolized her brother, and to know that he could harm a puppy in any way for any reason was painful to think about. Didn't he know what it was like to be hurt as a puppy for any old reason? The girl knew he did, and she was curious to know what was so important about a book that he would forget everything he had yelled at her when they had first met on Crimson Dreams territory, about him and their infant siblings.

"I'm sorry he did that. . . It's really surprising, because he was treated badly by Tokyo. I wouldn't think him someome to act like that. . . But I promise, I'll try really hard to think about what I do before I do it, just incase it might be left over from what she taught me." It was a sincere promise, even though Princess didn't think something like that would be likely to happen. Despite Tokyo's opinion of puppies, Princess actually did like them, and it seemed that the Chance family was having bad luck when it came to puppies in Crimson Dreams (it was unknown to her that both her mother and her brother had actually had bad run ins with, not only a puppy in the pack, but the same puppy in the pack). Her gray-blue gaze drifted to the bag sitting at her feet, her mind wandering to the clothing inside it. Maybe she could use them to make up for her brother's actions. "You have a daughter? Can she change yet?" she asked, hoping Savina would not catch onto the idea. She wanted it to be a nice surprise when she told her!

[/html]
[html]
Nah, it doesn't Smile

Part of Savina had expected that Princess would be surprised at the news, though not surprised in the way that she was. She had thought that the girl would be shocked to hear that that was not the correct way to deal with the situation, as Ares had been, but she was not. She was only shocked by her brother's actions. The woman breathed a small sigh of relief and the soft smile returned to her face. It seemed that Princess had a better grasp on right and wrong than her sibling. That was good to know, and comforting to the mother. Amata did not need any more trouble with the Chance family. "It's okay, it's not your fault. He really didn't understand why he was in trouble until I explained it to him." It still seemed so odd to her, for him to think that his actions had been acceptable. "Thank you for that promise, and if you ever have questions, you can come to me. I may not always have the answer, but I'll do my best to help."

The mother's ears pricked at Princess' question. It was clear she had something in mind, but what it was Savina couldn't say. "I have two daughters actually, and a son. But I'm afraid they can't shift yet, they're only four months old. It will still be a while for them yet." Though after saying out loud how old her children were, her mind reeled. Four months? It had already been that long since she and Kansas had been blessed with them? It seemed so impossible, to have been that much time, for it had gone by so fast.

[/html]
[html]

ooc -

569 words.

ic -

The idea was still forming in her little mind, but she was hoping it was not something that would offend Savina. As it seemed, the ebony leader did not choose to wear clothing of her own, but she had not said anything about the way Princess chose to present herself either of the times that they had met. Presumably, this meant that she did not have an obvious problem with those that chose to wear clothing. In Dahlia de Mai, not everyone wore clothing, so it was not something that the girl was unused to. Tokyo wore clothing, yes, but Cmwfen had not worn any the time that they had met, for example. It was possible that no one in Crimson Dreams wore clothing, which would make it a bit awkward at first, probably. Although, with that posibility came the entertained thought that she could be the one to teach them all about the glorious human clothes they could find and wear.

She did not know the average age for shifting, but she had heard that it was around six months. She had been a late changer, but maybe if the pups were being raised by a happy family, they could change sooner. "Well, I don't know 'bout your son, but. . . I have a lot of different dresses and stuff. Do you think I could share them with your daughters some time, when they're old enough to change? Some of them are too small for me now, and maybe they would like them. What are their names?" Pausing, she reconsidered her statement about Savina's son. Maybe he would have fun playing dress-up, too, even if boys were not really supposed to wear dresses. "Your son could try them on, too, I guess, if he wanted." Princess did not want Savina to be offended by her leaving the boy out, but she hoped her new leader would understand that it was only because boys don't normally wear dresses. In a way, she really was hoping that this would begin to make up for her brother's actions. She did not so much care about her mother's, but if she was in the pack, Ares was not going to get into any amounts of trouble, if she had her way.

In hopes of not making this take longer than necessary, Princess smiled nervously, almost afraid to ask the questions that were on her mind. In Dahlia, she had joined in anger and passion, and it had not really mattered much if she got in to the pack; she would have simply gone in to find Tokyo anyway. And in Dahlia, Princess had lived with her mother in a den on the beach. Here, it mattered to her if she got in, and as far as she knew, she had nowhere to sleep when she did join. "So. . . I'm. . . In the pack? Do I need to do anything else? And. . . Where will I stay? I had a den in Dahlia on the beach," she explained, almost timidly. Unofrtunately, she had not thought to ask her brother where he slept, but she didn't know if he would even want to share his space with her. Likewise, she wanted to have her own space, to keep her things and to live in, and she hoped that would not be under a tree on the cold, hard ground somewhere in the middle of nowhere, to her.

[/html]
[html]
300+

Savina didn't take much to wearing any humane clothes, at least not in the warm months of the year. When winter had come around last year she had found herself a scarf and coat to wear to keep herself warm. In Italy there had been no winters, at least not like they were here. Here it got freezing cold and the world became blanketed in snow. That had been the roughest transition for her, getting used to the cold weather. It had taken a while for her body to adjust and grow a winter coat, so the clothing had been a necessity. Aside from that though, all she wore was the necklace her mate had given to her. She didn't look down at those who wore clothing though. It was their choice, and if they enjoyed it then they should wear it.

The Commander smiled warmly at Princess' kind offer. How sweet it was of her to want to share her clothing with her daughters. "Of course you could, I'm sure they'd like that very much! Their names are Amata and Cambria. Amata has a cream coat and one blue eye and one green. Cambria is brown with eyes that look like the water of the ocean. I'm sure you'll see them running around and they love meeting new people." Cambria did, as long as they weren't intimidating that is. But Princess was far from being intimidating. She could see the Chance girl getting along wonderfully with her pups. Savina laughed a little at her offer to have Gotham dress up if he wanted to as well. "I have a feeling he'll pass, but you never know. His name is Gotham and he has a dark coat like mine." Though she supposed she didn't need to describe them. They were the only puppies in Crimson Dreams currently.

Then things came down to business, though there wasn't much business to be considered. Princess seemed to be a perfectly good wolf and Savina wasn't about to separate a brother and sister. She knew how deep and important that bond was and she would hate to be separated from Ehno as she once had been. "Yes, you're in the pack. You'll start out as a Basic Officer. As to where you'll stay many of us stay in the mansion. There are plenty of rooms to choose from in there. But if that's not suitable then there's a cave system not far from the mansion or you could make your own den wherever it suits you." They weren't picky about where their members lived, as long as they were happy.

[/html]
[html]

We can probably wrap this one up with your last post, or end here or whatever you want. =D 303 words.

Cambria, Amata, and Gotham were names she was going to have to make sure to remember so that she could find them eventually. She did not anticipate that Savina's only son would really want to dress up, but thinking on that idea just a little bit further, Princess did have a lot of little knick knacks and treasures that she did not understand. While she was a little protective of her things, she guessed she could probably show some of her strange things to the boy puppy, like the metal thing with the swirling, spiked circles that she had found with Hemming. That way, he would have something to do while she showed Cambria and Amata how to wear pretty dresses! Maybe then she could figure out which girl puppy had been the one her mother had trouble with, and which one her brother did, so that she could be extra nice to them.

"Well, I might have some things he might like, so I'll have to look for him, too, then. Humans had a lot of strange, fun-looking things," she added, her tone very matter-of-fact, by way of explanation. "I'll probably try to find a room in the mansion, then, since it would probably be nicer than the cave I lived in before. And thank you again, Savina. . . I don't think I can thank you enough." Princess was not very good at such things, but she hoped that her new Commander would understand just how much this meant to Princess. Since arriving in Dahlia de Mai, it seemed, Princess had asked so many people if they knew the whereabouts of her brother, even before she had found Tokyo. Now that she had found him again, and Savina was helping them stay together. . . Princess could not think of how to express her gratitude.

[/html]
[html]
Sounds good! Big Grin

Savina watched with kind eyes as Princess pondered what she could do with Gotham. It seemed she had some little things that she didn't mind sharing. It really was sweet, that she wanted to include all of her pups and do nice things for them. How strange that Ares had turned out so differently. Maybe Princess already had a bit of maternal instinct (which she obviously hadn't inherited from her mother). It was impossible to say, but the Commander did know that she was happy to have such a considerate young wolf in their ranks. "That's very nice of you Princess, I'm sure Gotham would like that a lot."

She nodded her head, glad to hear that Princess would come live in the mansion. She liked that the majority of the pack lived there. It made it easier for them to all get together when it was necessary and it was easier to find someone when you needed them. Plus, with how interested the girl seemed in human things it would probably suit her better than a natural den. "You're very welcome Princess. I understand how important brothers are. I'm very close to my brother Ehno. He lives here as well, maybe you'll run across him sometime," she said warmly.

With that she turned and beckoned the new member to follow her as she lead the way to the mansion.

[/html]