[html]
Backdated to the fourth? That's as far back as I can go, since it was the day that he joined. X3

Day seemed to turn to night in almost an instant, as if he and Geneva had been in the cabin speaking for an eternity. It had been a while, he would even admit that, but he had enjoyed the company of the kind woman. Despite the darkness, Haephastus could still see the thickness of the clouds in the air, covering up what stars might have been shining above them. The rain still poured down from the heavens as well, leaving the night feeling a bit dreary. New to the lands, the foreign man thought it best to stay close to his cabin during the first night, not wanting to wander away and manage to get lost somewhere or in some sort of trouble, despite the confidence in himself that such a thing wouldn't happen.

So, instead of exploring, the multicolored hybrid sat resting on the steps that lead up to the cabin, protected by the slight bit of shelter that the roof allowed him, watching the rain as it poured from the skies. Thus far his time in Phoenix Valley had been a good one. He had met Geneva, who he was certain would be a great acquaintance, and he had even met the Patriarch of the lands. Content, for the first time in quite a while, Haephastus gave a long sigh, resting his bandaged arm and hand across his legs, milked over eyes taking a moment to glance at the missing digits of that very hand. He had come a long way from home, a long way from war and from what would have likely meant slavery or death for him. It was time to start anew.

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... r/mine.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Rain. More rain. Ears flickered back on her head as the tanned female sat under the small tree, the rain here was just unnatural. This was the down side to not having her own den, though these cabins were something she couldn't get into and out of easily. At least no without though 'hands' that the wolves have her. More deep drops of water hit her head cause a low growl it emitted from her throat and a small flash of her teeth, this is just wonderful for her. A annoyed flick of her tail hit the muddy ground, sitting uncomfortable her paw moved in the ever shifted mud that was starting to piss her off. "Fucking great, this stupid hellish rain..." This is over the second time her bouncy pretty coat is ruined, turning her head a rush of water started to brush past her legs.

Jumping to her feet an hiss like growl filled her chest as her long legs trotted through the starting flood, trotting to higher ground the water started to collect in her sandy coat. Red and blue eyes searched the new darkness of night for some kinda of shelter, moving just ahead of the flood it started to pick up speed. Panting she could feel her heart pounding in Faler's chest. Damn water was making her coat heavy, then her bright eyes caught the sight of a house. Approaching from the side Faler didn't even care about who was on the steps, paws pushing into the slippery mud as water threatened to trip her. Closeing in on the house her legs pumped faster before kicking off the ground, slamming into the porch her paws slid out from under her making her body hit with a hard thud and making water and mud splater.

[/html]
[html]
Due to the milky film that had begun the process of taking over his eyes, cataracts that were slowly forming, Haephastus could barely see the figure that seemed to be heading his way through the darkness and the rain. Whatever it was, he couldn't quite make it out, but it was coming up on him fast. On edge, the foreign male was just about to rise and enter the cabin, the place that he kept his weapons hidden, when the scent of the pack hit his nose. Whoever it was, they had been here for some time longer than he had, for the scent of the lands was mingled with their own. He eased himself slightly, though still on edge and curious as to what might cause such a fright inside the lands.

Soon enough, she landed at his side in a splatter of mud and water, which caused the multicolored man to lift his arm, shielding his face from what bits of it that had splattered his way. Dropping his arm back to his legs, milked over blue eyes turned to finally look at the woman, who he would admit looked rather displeased. "It's getting bad out there." He stated then, doing his best to keep as much of his accent out of his voice, and indication that he knew why she had come up on him so quickly. "I'm Haephastus." He told her, polite as always. "You can stay long as you like, if you don't mind sitting around with someone new to these lands." Not like he thought he could just usher her off, even if he wanted to, but he didn't.

[/html]
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... r/mine.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Panting was all that she could hear at the moment, each beat filled her ears that were fanned forward on her wet skull. Pushing herself up slowly from the wood more water dripped from her coat as she was careful to not fall again, that is one thing she hates. Floods. Swallowing a glup of air her bright eyes looked over at the male that hasn't expected her arrival. Faler didn't really care if he was startled, she was out of the water and that is what mattered though she will have to talk to him now seeing as this is his home.

Taking another deep breath the muddy, wet, tanned female pulled herself to a stand as her eyes drifted to male,his words making her ears train on him."Yea bad. I fucking hate floods." Faler's first words sounded as if she was out of breath. "Faler and you can be an old fart I wouldnt care" Her smooth voice was honest as she slowly lowered herself to a sit, she had the urge to shake out her coat but not so close to the man. Mud covered her paws and water was all in her coat as she keep taking deep breaths, that feeling started coming again. Cold.

[/html]
[html]
The foreign man wasn't entirely certain how long the rain had been pouring or how far up the waters in the area had gotten, he hadn't exactly been out purposefully looking, either. From the look of the woman, though, it had to be rising fast and there was no telling what would happen if it rained like it had been for much longer. Raising his eyes to the clouded sky, Haephastus frowned, wondering to himself if he shouldn't go looking for Geneva to give her a report on the water levels. Of course, it was more than likely that she knew exactly what was going on, certain that they might have some plan should the level of water rise so drastically that it became a threat to the entire pack. He just hoped that such a thing wouldn't happen.

Brash words caught his ears, which cupped forward to hear them better, and he turned his eyes away from the sky and back to the drenched woman. Smiling, a somewhat uncertain smile, he spoke once again. "There are some old blankets inside, to dry off and stay warm, if you might like me to grab you a few?" He cocked his head inquisitively, turning just slightly so that he could glance back through the open door to ensure that they were there. "They might be a little old and dusty but they should do the job." He encouraged her, not wanting to keep her out in the cold and rain. "I might even be able to start a fire inside, if that would help?"

[/html]
[html]

Bright eyes looked at the man for a moment before shifting to the house at his words made his ears pinned on her skull, it might have be a nice thing to say though to her it made her feel akward. Shifting on her feet for a moment a slight chatter passed through her teeth as her words came passed her lips. "I-I don't have hands, the m-most i can do is lay on them." Looking at him a part of her was angery, Faler wasn't sure why she was annoyed but her smooth voice was blunt and true. Her sad looking tai wrapped around her legs as her ears shifted slighting before giving in to the mans offer."I wouldn't usually s-say this..but yes please" Faler's strong, bright eyes looked at him while her voice was full of defeat. Breathing in agaisnt the cold she glanced in at the house as more water dripped onto the water, why he was willing to help her was beyond her.

[/html]
[html]
Almost immediately Haephastus could tell that this woman was much different than the ones that he had met thus far. Especially different from those that lived back in Jerusalem. Contemplating this, his eyes never left her and his ears never missed a sound that she made. She seemed hesitant about his offer, which was expected, but the scarred man knew not to push one way or the other. Finally, after what seemed like a moment of her fighting with herself, she accepted his offer, though not before making a comment that had piqued his interest. She had no hands, which meant that she could not change forms like most of the rest of them. He had seen very few in his life that had been unable to do so and, perhaps, he held just a bit more respect for them. They seemed to get along just fine, if not sometimes better, than the rest of them.

Placing his bandaged hand against the porch, he gave a soft huff as he moved to stand, turning to motion toward the open door. "Please come inside, then." And without hesitation he moved, making his way into the cabin and leaving the door as wide open as it had been. Perhaps it would make her more comfortable with the situation. Immediately moving to the old worn couch, Haephastus scooped up the pile of blankets in his arms, turning to place them on the ground in what seemed like a comfortable heap. "I am sure there are more around if these get to wet for you." He told her, making his way to the bag in the corner that held his possessions, to dig about for the materials to start a fire in the fireplace.

[/html]
[html]

Watching the male move inside Faler's eyes trailed after him and inside the door, ears turning a low grumble sounded in her chest. This is great, she has to ask him for help even though she is just accepting his help. The tanned female felt a strange feeling rise in her, maybe she was angry because they had the ability to do things she couldn't. They, the strange two legged ones were able to do things so simple when for her, a normal wolf it was hard and dangerous. For the first time in a long time Faler Cerber felt intimated.

Moving slowly her black claws clicked lightly with the mud and water hitting the floor, slowly poking her head inside the wide open door Faler's bright eye glanced around the house before settling on Haephastus. Letting a small sigh escape her chest her tanned body moved back outside for a moment, shacking her coat out the water was quickly thrown from her dark,damp, and muddy coat. ' This sucks.' Slowly walking back inside the house her ears fanned forward towards the male's voice, blinking for a moment her own smooth voice struggled to get the thanks right."I, um thanks you didn't have to let me inside and all cause my coat's all wet and shit." Red and blue eyes moved to the blankets, and with the most basic urge her tanned body moved slowly to the pile. Dropping down Faler started to rub on the blankets, simliar to the way a dog would. Rolling around for a second Faler laid down on her stomach faceing the male before she spoke.
"You live here alone?"

[/html]
[html]
Haephastus, as he dug through his bag of belongings, wondered for a moment if the woman actually had wanted to come in and warm herself. He had heard her claws on the wood, though they were hesitant and moved in the opposite direction, back out the door. Grabbing the old worn lighter, Haephastus turned to peer over his shoulder for only a moment, where he spied her out the door, shaking off her coat. He had to wonder if he seemed unbecoming or frightened her, but the sight of her shaking the water away from her body reassured him that he was doing fine. Standing upright and moving away from the back, just as she came back into the cabin, the foreign man moved to the fire place, dropping to seat himself in front of it, but not without offering the woman a smile first.

"I don't mind." He assured her, turning away from her to face the fire, despite wanting to hide his scar ravaged back. Getting her dry and warm was more important to him than the questions his scars might bring forth and the memories that would come with those questions. It took him only a moment to get the small fire started, treating it with care until it finally began to grown. Satisfied, and already feeling it's warmth, he turned himself back around to face her, setting the lighter aside. "I do." He admitted, nodding his head. "I haven't been around here for long though, just a few days." He had been tempted to ask her if it was hard for her, living in this place without being able to shift, but she seemed like the independent type. He wasn't sure how she would take the question. "Have you been here long?"

[/html]
[html]

Laying on the blanket was much better for Faler, though even with most of the water gone the blanket was starting to get wet itself. Rubbing her body on the blanke again the tannedd female listen to Haephastus speak, the things he was doing were so new to turn, they were so strange with their hands. Leanig forward her bright eyes watched him with extreme interest. She might have looked weird but Faler wouldn't care, whatever he was doing now caught her attention from the blanket. Ears fanned forward as her eyes lingered over his scars for a moment before trying to watch his hands."Im very new myself, though I haven't made many friends yet." When he turned around her eyes meet his as her voice left her throat, it was light and full of interest. Glanceing back at the fire her head tilled before looking back at Haephastus. "how..how did you do that? I know what fire is but i have never seen it done like that" Faler felt like a fool because she didn't know what he had done, and because the act seemed simple.

[/html]