Sitting, waiting, wishing – action!
[html]

occ: my first thread with a player other than my sis! how exciting!! xD

I hope you enjoy this as much as I am!

W.C.: 358

Days passed. The sun shone through the thick clouds sometimes, and the weather turned from hot to cold in just one day.

Yet in the middle of those green leafs, Claire was beginning to worry, as she paced, slowly, tired.
Wandering, all alone in the middle of that never-ending crops was making her feel a deep and growing loneliness. She thought, once she was accepted as a new member of that tribe, that she would find easily the other members, and soon become their friend – or at least, their colleague.

A dark bird flew above her head, contrasting with the white-grey clouds, and the femme stared the sky. A sad shadow could be seen on her good green eye.

She was lost in the middle of that boring place, and even her brother seemed not willing to help. Yes, she has spoken to him lately, but their conversation became always shortened by his sudden disappearance, or her sudden waking up. And on their conversation, he would always reply that it was her duty to find someone to ask for help, that he could do nothing more, and blablabla.

Oh, how she hated him for this, although she wasn’t yet all mad with him. At least, he was her beloved, strange dream brother.

Claire listened her stomach growling again, and sat next to a short big-leafed tobacco plant. She had to think of something to do.

The white femme already knew she was lost, and if she remained just walking… oh, she couldn’t even think about that.

She wouldn’t let it happen.

Claire rose her head, decided. Though she had used this only a few times in her pack, she saw Catherine doing, and she could remember clearly her tone.

Praying silently to make it right, Claire stood, took a deep breath, filling her lungs with the chilly air that surrounded the area, and howled, longing to be heard.

Still hearing the echo of her own plea, she sat again, and waited, as the breeze wove her thick and long fur, alongside the green big leafs all around, and a few drops started to fall from the darkened sky.

[/html]
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _raven.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
[308]

The sound had stirred Aurèle from a half-sleep. In the curve of her body the two boys squirmed, and she lifted her head to look at them. Even after seventy-two hours they had begun darkening; both were nearly soot black by now. Rising to her feet, the white wolf left her children in her den and slipped out into the sunlight. This surprised her, and lifted her mood only slightly—sunlight meant that the damp ground would dry soon. It would still be difficult for a hunt today, and she made note of this as she trotted through the forest.
     After several minutes she found the source. A white female, much smaller then herself, was in the tobacco field. Narrowing her eyes slightly, Aurèle advanced at the same speed, not bothering to announce herself (as she was sure her scent would do so for her). A shadow passed her, but there was no longer a need to see why. The damn crow had not left her side since he had come. Still, this was not entirely bad; during a hunt, such as the one that this female had called for, his shadow and presence would do well to find prey.
     Aurèle grew closer still, and stuck her neck out to sniff the unfamiliar woman. She was new to the tribe, which perhaps explained why she had asked for assistance. Pulling back and lifting her head, the green-eyed Aston shifted her feet. “You’re the one that called,” she half-asked, half stated. Her dark nose lifted to the air and took in a half-dozen scents that were prominent—the horses, this girl, damp earth. Further past this she could just make out the scent of the white-tailed deer. More then likely that would be their prey for the day, as Aurèle was in no condition to take on anything larger.

[/html]
[html]

occ: yay!
W.C.: 210

As the sky seemed to change to a better mood, letting the sun touch all the area, Claire sniffed softly the air, as she noticed an unknown scent approaching. Her heart started beating fast, and she stood, waiting in silence till the other white female was at her side. She still didn’t know the best manner to address the tribe’s members, so she would wait the bigger femme say something first.

Her eyes widened, as she noticed the other was in the normal form, and a warming sensation of relief spread through her chest: ‘At least, this form is accepted here too’, she thought, looking to the sky, and frowning “Why do this bird is flying above us?”, she muttered, more for herself than to the other.

Claire rolled her green eye to the bigger femme’s, and she didn’t know if it was her anxiety, but the other seemed kinda frightening, as compared to Catherine’s and the chief’s kind welcoming mood. Maybe it was her serious face.

“Yes, I am. Could you please help me? I’m lost, tired and hungry…” the smaller femme suddenly shook her head, as she noticed she was only complaining to (yet) a perfect stranger “Oh, I’m new here. Sorry, my name is Claire. You are…?”

[/html]
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _raven.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
[309]

Though she did not find her size intimidating, Aurèle was used to seeing people react in such a way. Her muscles relaxed slightly, showing that she was not taking an aggressive stance. The lupus form she remained in (the most common of the three, despite the fact it allowed the scars on her neck to be visible) helped keep her overall size small. Still, both she and her sister were larger then most of the other members of the tribe. This did not perturb her, as their bloodline had made its mark in the tribe and they would likely see a growing number of bulky, taller wolves in the coming months.

The first question was noted with a flick of the ear. “He follows me,” she said flatly, sparing a glance to the crow. Silent as ever, despite the reassurance of his circling. The Aston female dropped her face as the younger female began to speak again, and though her face remained stoic, she was reminded of her own youth and the number of children that had come to her for help. Back then, though, she had been bratty and unwilling to offer service without a price. Now, though, she craved the taste of fresh meat and the hot blood. What Dawali’s storage offered was enough to keep her belly full, but not fill the hunter’s need.

“Aurèle. Now if you stop your whining and do what I tell you, we can both fill our bellies.” As she said this, she lifted her head again to test the wind. Without waiting for a response, she began to walk towards the source of the scent. “There’s a small herd of deer further north. You look fast—am I right in guessing this?” Her accented voice rolled from her chest—it was a peculiar sound, belonging to the French-Canadian heritage.

[/html]
[html]

W.C.:324

“Oh. That’s the same as Catherine’s snake, then…” Claire made a small grimace “Tough I think birds are far better than that gross and bad-news-carrier thing.”, she recovered quickly her serious face, staring to the bigger femme, trying to avoid that annoying little voice inside her head asking why it was so, why did the tribe members have each one an animal as a companion. But surely it was something that had to be mentioned in another, more comfortable, situation.

What Claire wasn’t expecting was that cold and laconic answer from Aurèle. The crow made another circle above them as the smaller femme blinked, mouth opened, trying to find proper words to say. Her mind was spinning. She hated when the others did that to her, especially because she felt so disorientated.
Claire only recovered her train of thought because of the loud growl her belly made. She was really starving, and if she didn’t accept the hunt companion, she knew she would be screwed. And lost. Again.
“Y… yes” her voice trembled, and she cleaned her throat as her light-yellowed paws moved, following her new companion through the small tobacco plants “As far as I’m concerned, I’m faster than the other wolves.”

Claire caught up with Aurèle fast, despite the distance they were from each other, and paced easily by her side, her tail wagging with excitement. “What are we hunting?” she tried to soften the tension she felt around them starting an easy-minded talking, “Some kind of deer, huh?”, yes, she felt that too. That mouth-watering aroma.

Claire prayed silently for the wait (and the hunt itself) do not take too long, she didn’t know if she had enough strength to endure the next few hours at that pace. The smaller femme lifted her head, decided: she wouldn’t let the other notice that. She was decided to make her best, in order to show Aurèle she was more than an ordinary newcomer.

[/html]
[html]

Even now, Aurèle did not entirely understand the bird or its purpose. Even Dawali had not been able to explain this to her. The mention of the female with the snake recalled a peculiar face, but it was not important to her presently. A glance was spared to the bird again, and so Aurèle missed the shock that her companion’s face betrayed. Soon enough, though, Claire was following her. “White tail,” she replied, trotting towards the herd quickly.
     They went on for several more moments before the green-eyed wolf slowed considerably. The crow continued ahead of them, and circled around a small open patch in the forest. Lowering her body and moving forward at a much slower pace, Aurèle spotted the small herd. They were without a buck, which meant they had separated from the larger group. Perfect. “I’ll move further down. Your job is to chase them towards me—single one out and cut it off.” Without another word, Aurèle slunk off into the underbrush.
     She crept ahead several yards and left enough distance between herself and the deer in order to hide her scent. Claire was downwind, which meant Aurèle had to hide herself in the sweet-smelling fauna. Now it was a mere waiting game.

[/html]
[html]

occ: forgive my delaying, it's because yesterday I spent the day out with my cousin, and today is my birthday, so I just had time to post now hehe

W.C.: 341

Claire nodded, trying to write down the relation between both types -the scent and the deer - on her mind, still following her new companion, and looking with curiosity and attention the trees and the land around them, so she wouldn’t get lost again. At least at that part of the territory.

After some time, when the sun began to descend the still shining blue sky that could be seen trough the empty spaces between the tree tops, Aurèle slowed her pace, and began to walk carefully. Claire did the same, narrowing her eyes to see the small herd, in the middle of that small meadow.

The bigger femme spoke again, and Claire agreed, focusing on that one task. It wasn’t difficult at all, but required some attention and dodging skills that she hasn’t practiced lately - at least not on a similar situation.

Claire was so absorbed on her thoughts that, when she noticed, Aurèle wasn’t at her side anymore. She looked around nervously, and found her colleague several yards ahead, waiting.

The smaller femme noticed the wind was on her side, and, hiding herself behind a bush, stared firmly to the little herd: all of them with heads down, eating the fresh grass, absent-minded. Claire smiled, mouth-watering, doing her best to wait until the best moment to act.

A bird chirped and flew, a deer flicked its ear when a fly tried to land in its head.

And the wind suddenly changed its direction.

Claire darted from her place towards the herd, that had already sensed the danger, and rose its heads, in alert. The smaller and faster femme chased two of them which tried to ran away, and with quick movements, made the small group to gather and run, desperately, in Aurèle’s direction.

Claire growled in excitement, forgetting all her troubles, pain and needs. She just felt the blood running fast trough her veins, as she moved along the herd, making sure to not let them spoil the formation.

But, in real life, nothing happens exactly as planned.

[/html]
[html]

As soon as the wind turned, Aurèle knew that they would have a small window of opportunity. She growled deep in her chest and tensed her muscles. Surprisingly, Claire was not only remarkably fast but able to keep the small group moving together. If she was able to keep the pace up then Aurèle would truly be (at least mildly) impressed by the speed that she saw. Without breaking cover the green-eyed woman began mirroring the pattern , rushing through the underbrush. Damp earth fought against her speed, but it did the same to the deer. As they ran they struggled in the mud, sinking in deeper due to their narrow hooves.
     One of the herd—a young doe who seemed not yet old enough to know better—broke away. Instantly, Aurèle was rushing for her. The tall wolf snapped at the doe and caused her to bleat loudly. She had to avoid those narrow, sharp obsidian points, and would need to do so and rush in quickly. Ahead of the pair a fall log rose in a pseudo-ramp, and Aurèle took advantage of it quickly. She rushed up, leapt into the air, and landed squarely on the does back. Her weight caused the two to stumble, and hit the earth hard. As she scrambled to her feet, Aurèle hoped that Claire had been following close behind and could help keep their dinner from rising again.

[/html]
[html]

occ: sorry if it isn't so good, but I'm half sleep here, but I like to get things done as quick as possible, so here it is. I hope it's at least satisfactory hehe

W.C: 368

Claire was still trying to get the small herd together when Aurèle rushed from her hiding place towards them, and all happened so fast she could barely blink: in one moment, she was in her formation, and saw with the corner of the eye one young integrant trying to break free. On the following one her colleague was chasing that runaway young doe, and she spent some precious seconds thinking what to do next: to run after them and help the bigger wolf, or to keep on clustering the others, waiting. After all Aurèle had kind of harsh behavior, and Claire was kinda afraid of doing something the other wouldn’t like, and ending being prohibited to eat: she was so starving that she couldn’t let anything that could disturb her feeding to happen.

The small femme surrounded again the herd, faster than before, always keeping her good eye on the bigger white femme, that chased the runaway doe. And their shapes began to descend.

Claire, wide-eyed, realized: both were heading to a ramp. Without thinking twice, the small femme ran towards them, saw Aurèle jump on the doe’s back, producing a stuffy sound, and saw there her chance to act.

She flexed her back legs and jumped, damp earth was thrown in the air on the opposite direction, all the things - beside the doe - disappeared to her, as she put her entire focus on her target, that was trying with all its forces to stand again and run.

Claire landed on its back, near its neck, and they fell, rolling all the ramp’s rest and a bit beyond, due the wolf’s push. Another bleat could be heard amongst the sound of the two bodies’ shock on the ground, as the small femme sank her teeth on the front right rump, making it bleat loudly in pain and never rise anymore. Claire bitted the other front rump to make sure it wouldn’t star running when they let their guard down, and got off from the agonizing hunt’s blooded body.

She stood, looking to the dying animal which still fought for its life with its last forces, as she flicked her ear when she heard Aurèle’s pace approaching.

[/html]