the simplest things
[html]
Backdated to July 19th, 2009. PS, sorry it sucks. I majorly ran out of muse.

Asariel walked through the packlands, beaming happily. She'd just snuck away from the pack meeting with Lysander, something she'd normally never have done. But nowadays, she was doing a lot that she would never have done. Normal was overrated anyway. She wandered through the thick forest towards the lake, idly wondering exactly where Lysander was. He was the one that had suggested they sneak off somewhere, but now she couldn't but wonder, as she was now alone with herself, if that had been a good idea. Lysander was very mysterious, and she still didn't know too much about him. For all she knew he could be a bloodthirsty killer.

But for some reason she trusted him still, and that was why she waited for him now.

[/html]
[html]

ooc-ness

He Had gotten the girl to go along with him, and now what? Lysander wasn’t quite sure why he had asked her to ditch the pack meeting with him but she had agreed and now for the first time in a long time he unsure of how to proceed. With any other girl the answer was simple, take advantage of the situation and the girl and move on. Lay her down on the forest floor, have a go and be done. He couldn’t do that with Asariel. It wasn’t just that she was his packmate, he imagined Whinnifred and what they would have done to kill time (and the idea brought a smile to his face) but Asariel was better than that. For some reason. He didn’t want to touch her. Not like that. It was too cheap, too casual. Asariel didn’t seem like a casual kind of girl.

The husky had let her slip off before him, and once gone he hadn’t even offered any sort of excuse as to why he was leaving. He had just left. The meeting was boring of course, but what did he expect? Most the pack members were boring, but then again not everyone could be him so Lysander cut them a little slack for that. When he saw her ahead he grinned. Slowly he crept up, she had stopped to wait, and then all of a sudden he was upon her, playfully pulling her to the ground, breaking both of their falls with his large, furry body. "I’ve got you!”

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Asariel stood in the small clearing of trees while she waited, observing the gentle rays of sunshine that shone through the thick canopy of trees. It was calm, serene. Quiet. She sighed softly and let herself just relax with her thoughts while she waited for her 'partner in crime'. She let her eyes flutter closed and her large ears swiveled as she picked up different sounds. A small animal scampered in the undergrowth; a bird sing-songed somewhere in a nearby tree. She was completely at ease, lost in a sea of bliss, when suddenly--

"Oomf!"

Something heavy but soft collided with her and she felt strong arms envelope her petite body and she felt them crashing downward. She squirmed with alarm until she heard the voice; "I've got you!" she relaxed instantly as the sudden fear and surprise all washed away, being replaced by mirth. She giggled, then started laughing. The laughter possessed her for several minutes; after she composed herself she smacked the brute's arm lightly and playfully. "That was mean," she stated, then continued, "Giving poor ol' me a heart attack! How dreadful," she said, mock glaring at him. She appeared all too serious, until another wave of giggles took hold of her.

Oh, what a riot.
[/html]
[html]

ooc-ness

It was all taken in good humor, she didn’t grow sour at his horsing around and that was indeed a good thing. Lysander smiled down at her, letting her laughter subside and accepting the assault on his arm as she chastised him. Asariel didn’t mean it and he knew it, another wave of laughter washed over her and he just stared down at her, letting it die down and smiling stupidly at her, as one is apt to do when in the beginning of infatuation. "Of course it was mean. I’m a mean guy.”Lysander gently removed himself from the tangle of bodies and sat up, brushing the fallen leaves and dirt from his legs and arms.

"Besides, at least it’s more fun that that boring meeting, huh?” His tone was serious but casual, he hadn’t much been enjoying mingling with the pack mates but Asariel perhaps was. Yet here she was, with him and not them and he didn’t think it was only because of her adventurous nature. She didn’t seem like the type. “I mean, sorry to drag you from your friend, that sorry looking fellow who dotes on Jefferson and that Geneva women, but I think you and I can find something more fun to do. So what do you say? What do you feel up to?” He smiled at her, offering to make today her day while also insulting her friend at the same time. Lysander was like that though, his words only severed him and he spoke them with a natural flow that was pleasing to the ear.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Asariel was happy that Lysander wasn't put out by her slapping his arm or acting angry; obviously he'd understood that she was just joking. Her giggles and fits of laughter had finally subsided, and now a feeling of calm and serenity washed over her. She smiled, blissfully happy to be in Lysander's company. It had put her exhausted mind to rest...it hadn't gotten much of that lately. She'd been so wrapped up in thoughts of this man, and now that he was here, right in front of her...she didn't know what to do.

He was here, right now. And Asariel didn't know what to say. How typical of her. She frowned when he spoke of himself as mean; she didn't agree with that at all. "I don't think you're mean at all, Lysander. She said quietly, "I think you're just covering up for something. Perhaps you don't want others to see what a nice, charming guy you are," her tone was soft, gentle. Her mood was a bit down suddenly; but it soon uplifted when her companion mentioned the meeting. A smile graced her face and she chuckled.

"Yes, it most certainly is more eventful." He mentioned Ty and she couldn't help but break out in a smile and laugh a little bit. She knew it was wrong, that they shouldn't make fun of poor Ty after all he'd helped her with. But it was all done in good spirits anyway. "Oh, no worries. I was actually waiting for you to show up, in all honesty. That's why I left him as soon as you showed up." She beamed and just automatically hugged him; Asariel was borderline touchy feel-y, but not quite. She just believed there was nothing wrong with public affection. She wondered what they could do to pass the time -- so far nothing was coming to mind. His voice was distracting to her for some reason and she was a bit confused suddenly. Why was his voice distracting? It shouldn't be. He was just her friend, nothing more.

Right?

[/html]
[html]

ooc-ness

He knew that she meant it, those sugary words that were being fed to him. Lysander had never been mean to Asariel, he didn’t want to, nor had she ever witnessed any of his more cruel antics. Yet that didn’t mean he wasn’t capable of being cruel. Lysander knew himself well enough, that was a gift for those who truly saw themselves as they were and not only as they wished they were, and he knew that selfishness saturated his motives, and often he stepped on others to better himself. Often he stepped on others just because he could and it amused him. It pleased him that Asariel didn’t see that part of him, she thought better of it, but it also terrified him. One day she’d see him as he really was and she’d be repulsed, because unlike most of the women he charmed his way into their hearts Asariel was better than them, more pure. She, unlike the others, wouldn’t tolerate such a selfish creature, at least Lysander thought so.

"You were waiting for me? Why?” His steel eyes twinkled, and despite their cool color a certain warmth emitted from them. Asariel, even if she did not realize it yet, was falling for him, Lysander realized suddenly. This, as always when he realized this about any particular female, gave him a certain ego boost. He’d have to tread carefully, though he couldn’t explain why he felt the need to protect her from himself. Maybe it was because she was a friend? Packmate? Or he just, so rarely did he realize and appreciate the beauty in others, did not want to taint her innocence as he did to so many other foolish girls. Still, he couldn’t help the flirting, it was always there it seemed, when women were around. At least pretty women. And that was harmless, wasn’t it?

Suddenly he was in her embrace and for a moment he stiffened. It was unexpected and Lysander was on guard, ready to fend off physical advances. Slowly he relaxed his body, though his mind still looked for ways out. An arm slid around her back, pulling her in tighter than she had the strength to embrace him. "Hey now, what’s this about?” He loosened his grip and gently pulled back, lifting one would-be eyes brow as if to emphasis his question. Maybe the flirting was harmful, maybe he should knock it off. Maybe he didn’t want to.

[/html]
[html]
I think I might've powerplayed a little. o.o sorry.

Asariel beamed happily. The sun was shining briefly, unobstructed by clouds that were threatening rain once more. Her eyes danced and she took Lysander's large hand in her petite one and lead him down a narrow, rarely-used trail. She was leading him towards a small creek that ran just up ahead; one she had stumbled across in her travelings. She decided to answer his question while they walked, her hand still grasping his.

She was almost afraid to let it go; she was afraid that he would disappear on her. Asariel had spent too long waiting for another meeting with this mysterious stranger, and now that she finally had achieved her goal she didn't want to lose it. She reached the small creek and, reluctantly, she dropped his hand from hers. "I'm just happy to be able to spend time with you again."

[/html]
[html]

ooc-ness

“Well then…” The silver backed male reached down and grabbed up the girl’s hand once more, daring so much to draw it to his lips and kiss the fingers ever so gently. Looking down at the girl he smiled, beaming and bright. “We will have to spend more time together, yeah?” And although he meant the words as he said them, and he certainly sounded as if he did, he knew that keeping his word was far different from passing out promises. Yet she was happy, and at the moment he liked to make her happy. It was strange, for he had never cared to ensure the happiness of another and now he realized what a delight act it was. At least in the moment. When he returned to his empty, lonely cabin it would be rather easy to block these feelings out of his mind. “We’ll have a good day today, and many more after that, huh?” Lysander wrapped his arms about the girl then, and as he hugged her close, he could feel the tiniest bite of guilt deep in his gut. Yet he chased it away, today was one day, tomorrow a new one, and what he said one day and did another had no real correlation as far as he was concerned. They would just spend the day together and see what happened next.

[/html]