all caffeine free and faux punk fatigues - p
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/temp/masontable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Claire.

It wasn't like Mason to wander far from Kaena, but he did not want the scarred lady to tire of his company. He had no had much social experience outside of interaction with his own biological family, but he had become separated from them for quite a considerable amount of time considering his young age. So while he instincively knew how to interact with other canines on one level or another, Mason still possessed an underlying insecurity that those he depended on and spent the most time with would grow tired of him and leave him. He did not think that his parents had not loved him, but he had still developed the insecurity anyway. He was terrified of being abandoned, although he would not admit it aloud.

The small coyote hybrid had decided not to stray too far from Inferni. He knew that other strangers lurked nearby, and due to the time he had spent alone and nearly defenseless on the road, he knew that he could not expect a warm reception from everyone he ran across. But at the same time, he knew that Kaena often patrolled the borders of the clan and so he decided to put some space between them for the next few hours.

He followed a strangely smooth road down to a beach. This beach was different from the gritty sanded one he had often frequented at Inferi. At this beach, the sand was much smoother and also a different culor and texture. The hybrid pup lowered his nose to the ground to investigate it, curious as to why it would be so different from Hades Beach.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: heey!! I'm so~ sorry for my delay!! D: would you forgive me? It's just because I couldn't find enough time and strenght to reply this thread during the week, as I'm doing college at morning and working during the afternoon (which means I'm so tired when I get home I just can't think in anything besides dinner and bed.)

well, since today is sunday, I could manage writing something bigger and better (I think), so I hope you like it. <3

W.C.: 417

Claire wandered through that still unknown and magnificent beach, her paws sinking a bit on that smooth and bright sand. The shiny sun, on the middle of the sky warmed her back smoothly, and the salty sea breeze caressed her face. She stopped and closed her eyes a bit: ‘oh man, this feels so good’.

After all, her long journey within the almost-never-ending woods had turned out being worthy, and the small femme smiled, glad for not had given up, as she would think after a full day walking through the trees and bushes and small animals, all of them seeming to stare at her and wonder what was she doing far from home, in those foreign lands.

And why had she done that? Why had she simply left her new home? – these was the questions that hurt her inside every night she saw herself alone, in the middle of nowhere, trying to find a proper place to rest her tired body – and she would answer, as she laid herself in the middle of a big tree’s roots, or inside a cave, or just in a random place that seemed safe: “It’s my wish. To know places. To be where I’ve never been before. To feel what I’ve never felt before. To live.”, and she would just shiver with doubt whether her journey would result in any good, just before her eyelashes close and she falls asleep.

But now, none of this weak-minded thoughts mattered, as the white femme filled her lungs with that salty air.

And her eyes suddenly opened.

There was another smell, far away. Would it be another wolf?

Claire rose her head and flickered her ears, turning them from side to side, trying to find the source: on her left, there was the deep blue-green sea and cloudless sky, together as one. On her right, the shiny and almost white sand.

She seemed to be alone.

But not entirely.

The small femme caught a glimpse of something moving far away, something small. Without thinking twice, she ran towards it, feeling the soft breeze turn into a strong wind as she darted trough the beach, leaving behind her a dusty trail.

Her paws sank a bit when she started slowing her pace, as she got nearer the shade, which turned out being a small reddish wolf. Maybe he was a coyote. She couldn’t tell for sure.

“Hey…” Claire approached smoothly the pup, staring at his golden eyes “What are you doing here, little one?”

[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/temp/masontable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
It is okay. Good luck with your studies!

Mason was not alone on the beach for long. The sand colored pup turned his head to regard the slim form of a female wolf. He inhaled her scent and tried to identify her. She was definitely not part of Inferni. Mason did not know very much about the surrounding area, but apparently there were other packs that lived close to his clan. He could smell that the light colored femme had been around others, and that she was most likely from another pack.

He was wary, at first, as she approached. The hybrid boy did not know how to react to the woman. Mason preferred the company of coyotes to wolves, simply because he was better able to identify with them. Plus, it had been a clan of coyotes that had taken him in out of the rain. Mason did not completely dislike all wolves, but he distrusted everyone.

He was surprised when the woman spoke softly. His tail wagged a little, in spite of his intrinsic trepidation. Instinct told him to be wary of all other creatures, especially if they were bigger and older than he was. His age and size did a lot to put him at disadvantage against others. "My name is Mason!" he declared, not at all shy. "I am going to go fishing. Do you know how, lady?"

[/html]
[html]

ooc: heeey! I'm alive! alive and kicking uhauhau I'm so~ happy I could find time to answer the thread! xD enjoy!
W.C: 311

The faraway seagulls flew lighthearted, squawking once in a while, contrasting with the brilliant blue sky.
In the middle of that soft and clear sand, Claire answered, smiling blissfully. “Hello, I’m Claire. Nice to meet you.”

But before she could ask where he was from, she heard his asking, and her bliss suddenly vanished, and she sighed.

“Sorry Mason, I don't.” Her head and ears lowered a bit, as the disappointment started to take over her. Still, the small femme tried to keep on smiling, to make things better. She knew it wasn’t all that bad, but she really didn’t like to be useless. “Actually, it’s the first time I’m in a beach. And in my former pack we didn’t have the habit of fishing, ‘cause almost all the rivers around the area were frozen in most part of the year.”
The small femme took a deep breath, the salty air and the warmth of the sun seeming to give back her peace and happiness. ‘Of course.’ Claire thought ‘what is in fact useless is all this bad feelings inside my chest. Geez, Claire, you’re so idiot sometimes.' she giggled lowly, roughly 'Really... I think I've just misunderstood what he wanted to say’

The white femme smiled wider, and looked back to the pup, that still seemed a bit wary of her presence. She didn’t blame him, Claire knew she would react just like this in a similar situation, or even worse if she were at his age.

"Pardon my strange behavior, I think I've messed things up. And yes, I do can help, you just have to tell me how. I’m sure you know how to fish, don’t you? Can you teach me? I’ll be glad to learn.”

The aniwayan femme approached Mason a bit more, and stopped, to see his reaction, as the soft wind blew through them.

[/html]