surrender, surrender, but don't give yourself away
[html]

All Welcome! ♥ Note: Geneva is in Optime form.

In every heart there is a room,
a sanctuary safe and strong.

She found comfort in familiar places, even when she wasn't particularly in need of comfort. The woman was far from lonely these days, but she still liked to take time to step back and reflect on the places she had been. Phoenix Valley was thriving, and she was glad for that. But the first place she had called home in Nova Scotia was nearby. Last November, Geneva had stumbled upon Crimson Dreams feeling as though her life had ended, but it had only been the beginning for her. She recalled with fondness the onyx woman with jewel toned eyes and the then-Commander Naniko. Savina and Naniko had pulled Geneva from a sea of despair, and she had begun to heal from that day forward.

Their situations had changed dramatically since that time. Geneva's heart had awakened to blue eyes, and she had fled Crimson Dreams to keep a dream from shattering a heart-wrenching reality. Savina had become a mother and now a leader. And Naniko had taken a proverbially fall from grace, and now resided alone somewhere in Halifax, preparing for her new life as a mother as well. She did not know how their stories would end, but she hoped that their lives would advance well. Geneva was particularly worried about the white wolfess, and she often found herself traveling toward Halifax just to lay eyes on her. She knew that Naniko could handle herself, but she wanted the woman to do more than survive. She wanted her life to be whole and meaningful.

It had also been here, underneath the thick cover of trees, that Geneva had made her first true friend outside of her pack. She missed the two-toned male, Sankor Koios, and the way he could draw her out of her shell. He had been a wonderful addition to her life, but it had been months she had seen the Dahlian wolf. She could only hope that he had moved on to better things.

[/html]
[html]
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42 ... est-26.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:0px;background-color:#001a36;background-position:bottom;">
I steal wifey-thread. I really wanted to reply as Kae, but she is a bitch and I don't think she'd be nice. D: So I am going to bombard you with dumbness. <3

Charon was glad the weather had finally seemed to subside. After nearly drowning half to death, the big wolf was not keen on a repeat performance. Hell, he didn't know if he ever wanted to go swimming again. For now, the wolf was rather content to explore the forested lands inwards of the coast. He was quite happy to do so, though he did have to come to the occasional stream. It took him several minutes longer than usual to cross them, since he first monitored the water for a long moment before darting across as quickly as possible. He wasn't scared, no—he was almost terrified. He certainly didn't want to be swept away again, and he was lucky there had been other wolves there to save his life.

He seemed to come to drier land, for the sound of water faded behind the last creek and did not resume. He was eternally grateful, and he rolled his eyes as he almost muttered a prayer, a force of habit that he had since buried. Those books, that belief—he'd never taken to it as well as any of the rest of the Amrithai family, and he had never devoted his whole heart to God. After all, if that happened, where was the room for family? He loved his mother and his siblings very much, and in a begrudging way, he even loved his father.

Char didn't like thinking about his family, that made him miss them sometimes and he really hated that feeling. At times it seemed almost enough to drive him back to his arctic home, but he'd finally found a place he liked with other canines, and he would be damned if he would go back home before meeting as many of them as possible. If he went back at all! Maybe he would settle down here. He really wanted to be a father; meeting young miss Amata had inspired him to think about Soare. He remembered how tiny she'd been when she was just born, and he wanted hold his own kids in his paws. That was a big reason why he'd left his home—he knew so long as he lived in his father's shadow, even if some wonderful she-wolf stumbled on their tiny outpost in the tundra, he wouldn't have been permitted to breed anyway.

So engrossed was the pale silver canine in his thoughts he almost didn't realize he was walking right up onto a werewolf. He didn't so much as hesitate, continuing to walk right over to her with a bright smile on his face. "Hey!" he cried out, his usual greeting. His tail wagged and his great big smile showed across his face, not a fiber in him violent or malicious. "I'm Charon, goodtameetcha," he said, introducing himself immediately. She looked friendly—why not?

thanks to jael for the table!
[/html]
[html]

Dumbness is part of a balanced breakfast! Annnnd this is short and nastaaay because I am crunched for time.

I'm going crazy, I'm losing sleep.
I'm in too far, I'm in too deep.
But you, I can't believe you're gone.
You were the first; you'll be the last.

Geneva turned to look over her shoulder. Her brows were quirked in curiosity, as her mind raced, trying to place the voice that had uttered the cheerful "hello." If she did not know any better, she would have said it was Sankor calling out to her. The two toned Dahlian male had always been friendly and open. She wanted to think it was him, but she knew that he had been gone from these lands for quite some time. When her eyes settled on a lighter colored male, there was a brief flicker of disappointment on her face before she smoothed it into a welcoming smile. She wanted so badly to see her friend, but it wasn't bad to come across another friendly face.

There was a brightness in his face that lit his features, something internal and good from within. Her smile became a touch more genuine as she took in the silvery male with her lime colored eyes. She did not have any sense of smell to speak of or use, and so she relied very heavily on her eyesight and her hearing to help her decipher and identify others. Geneva herself was a light gray color, and although her coat lacked the gloss of his silver, she was surprised to note that their shades of color were more or less the same.

"My name is Geneva," she murmured in return. Her voice was naturally soft, pitched just above a whisper. It was something that followed her from childhood. The quiet soul hardly ever raised her voice. She gazed at him in interest. He seemed comfortable her, but she had never seen him around before. "Have you been around here long?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42 ... est-26.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:0px;background-color:#001a36;background-position:bottom;">
         Charon loved meeting new wolves. He was a very social creature, and he thrived off of interaction above all else. He had been thinking a lot lately about finding somewhere to settle down—he'd been around to explore a lot of this place, and he really liked it here. The silvery female turned and offered him a very warm smile, and she did not seem at all annoyed that he had intruded on her solitude. He offered a wide grin to her of his own, and settled down to his haunches where he was, peering over at her and studying her the same way she took him in. The she-wolf had very striking eyes, and a smooth, lovely voice. It instantly set the silver wolf in a very good mood; he was quite glad this encounter seemed to be going so well already.

"No, actually! I've only been here a couple of months. I came from way north. I'm from Alaska," he said. He didn't really miss home, either—there were so many new faces to meet and new wolves to interact with. It wasn't just his family and their distant neighbors anymore—he didn't have to wait for the holidays or the trading days to meet new people and get some much needed social time. "How about you? Do you live here?" he said, almost choking on his questions as he shot them at her. He had to stop himself from asking another in rapid-fire, lest he annoy the lead-colored canine. She didn't seem like she was particularly ill-tempered, but everyone had a breaking point, and Charon was known to poke and prod at some of them until he got snapped at. The silvery canine smiled again, not wishing for this encounter to go the way his last with Kansas and that yet-unnamed black wolf who had seemed to just go crazy on him. Char was still rather baffled at that one.

thanks to jael for the table!
[/html]
[html]

i FAIL.

If my silence made you leave,
then that would be my worst mistake.

"I live nearby," the gray hued woman responded. She tossed her head vaguely in the direction of her home. She had traveled a bit of a distance to be here now, beneath the creeping shadows of the trees. She had followed a trail of memories here. Her old home, Crimson Dreams, was not far from this territory. But Phoenix Valley was a little way's away. "I am part of a pack called Phoenix Valley, although about a half year ago I called the nearest pack, Crimson Dreams, my home." It wasn't necessary for her to add this information for Charon, but she did not mind divulging these things to him. He seemed amiable enough.

"Alaska?" she inquired, cocking her head to the side. She remembered seeing that name on a dusty map in Halifax, when she had taken a trip there several months ago. She closed her eyes and tried to envision it. After several seconds, she was able to comprehend where his old home was geographically. She opened her lime green eyes and smiled at him. "You came a long way."

She was astounded at the lengths he had had to travel. But Nova Scotia was a great destination. "I am not from here originally. I was born in New York. Are you familiar with New York?" It was strange for her to think back to the place of her roots. Nova Scotia was home to her now, and her mind did not often travel back to her old life. She definitely remembered those that she loved and cherished, but she did not often think back to her childhood home.

[/html]
[html]
YOU FLIP THEM OFF WITH YOUR FINGERS. XDD /aqua teen nonsense. But OH, it is so much more fun to play Charon when I mock him. XD

The dumbass of a wolf nodded his head as Geneva spoke, his ears pricked up to catch her words. He was amazed—she'd lived in two packs? That meant she had to be very knowledgeable about the different lifestyles that they led. Char was rather interested in settling down to a nice, comfortable family life and a pack, and live out his life and get old. He hardly had the brains to dream anything larger than that.

The silvery wolf opened his mouth, the words tumbling out of it at a breakneck pace. "Which do you like better? I've been alone for a while, I'm thinking I need to settle down, you know?" he said. That sable wolf's pack was already excluded; she'd attacked him for good reason, but it made the whole matter no less embarassing to Charon.

The wolf grinned, proud of himself. "Oh, it was an adventure," the silver canine responded childishly, his grin only widening. It was fairly obvious he was a few cards short of a full deck, but perhaps because of his good nature and outgoing personality that could be overlooked. Charon had never heard of New York, naturally. He cocked his head to the side and looked at the iron-colored woman before him, his nose wrinkling in curiosity and confusion.

"Where's New York? What's it like there?" Bubbly Char had a natural curiosity about almost everything, and this was no exception. Part of him still wanted to see the world, but being around Amata, who was so nice and sweet and kind and everything he could ever want in a daughter, had made him want to settle, find a woman, and propagate his dumb genes. Too bad for Darwinism.

Table thanks to James.
[/html]