the taste of freedom
[html]

regarding those cd / ddm anti-drama messages sent out, i cleared this with erin and she said it was fine (cos the point of this thread is for tokyo/haku stuff) as long as haku doesn't go to cd to complain about ares XD. 423 words

Ares was feeling rather accomplished. Unlike a lot of problems in his life, which he tended to put off dealing with for as long as possible, he had actually confronted the situation with Haven and Princess head on. He wasn't sure if he approved of their actions, but he had at least decided hat maybe the guy wasn't as despicable as he thought. Still, the rush he had got from punching him right in the face! His exhilaration had actually managed to prompt him to do something about his Tokyo problem. No, he had absolutely no intention to face her head on, but he should seriously seriously do some scouting. He had been a member of Crimson Dreams for what, months now! And he had never even manned up enough go back to Dahlia de Mai after the first terrified realization that that was where his mother lived.

But now.. He was here. Ares had left last night after the sun had set and had made it to Dahlia a couple hours ago. It was almost dawn, now; he had overestimated how much remaining darkness he had. It was hard to tell with the dark gray storm clouds roiling over the natural marks by which to tell time. Well, as long as they didn't part within the next hour or two and let the light peek through before he left he'd probably be fine. Of course, any wolf who caught his scent could track him down, but he still felt safer in the darkness, when his mottled gray coat blended so seamlessly with the shadows. His yellow orbs glittered like miniature stars in the gloom.

Ares had found his mother's den. He didn't know if she was in it; he hadn't gotten close enough to actually look, that would have been terrifyingly dangerous. It hadn't been that hard. He knew she liked the coast, so he had traced it west, having made his way around outside of the edges of the territory to enter from the east. Her scent was so suffocatingly heavy around the cave, and scattered clothes hung near the entrance. Yeah, that was where she lived alright.. His successful scouting made him feel even more accomplished, and it was reflected in his confident, happy body language. He wasn't going to be caught by anyone now, not with the border so close, not with no one having found him thus far. Carelessly, then, he had stopped skulking through shadows, and was just trotting directly through open spaces in a beeline towards the exit.
[/html]
[html]
300+

Haku was the wolf that had caught the unfamiliar scent, was now tracking the intruder down. They thought that the darkness granted them extra protection? Such a fragile delusion, because Haku ruled the night. Eventually he had found a lonely creature in the darkness that did not belong to Dahlia. Disguised by the darkness, Haku had watched the creature as it eventually seemed to decide that its job was done here and head towards borders. Oh, hell no. Haku had soundlessly stepped back into the rich nature and darted through the territory in an uneven half circle to take the confrontation at the borders because he wanted to extinguish the other canine’s illusion of being invisible just as it was about to reach neutral soil. Haku would not grant such a relief. The gentle breeze drifted in the brown Lilium’s direction, and those years of playing stalk-the-prey had made him confident in his own ability to remain hidden from watchful eyes.

When at the borders, the Lilium slowed down and halted in the cover of the rich plant life, listening to those footsteps of a now oddly careless creature. Haku loved surprises when he was the surprise. As the creature came close (luck played a major part here, not Haku’s skills), the male remained where he was, but his voice rose cold and horrible in the still air. ”Do you seek death?” So many explanations could be used to justify a dead Crimson Dreamer on Dahlian borders. Haku held his own reputation that could make people doubt his words, but how could they ever rise up against him when the boy’s dead body clearly revealed that he had intruded and broken past the Dahlian borders? A smile danced on the demonic man’s lips as he stepped out from the sanctuary of a crowd of rich plants.

[/html]
[html]

umm so yeah i'm quite clearly cheating on my posting order here. DONT TELL ANYONE. XD. 329 words

Ares, for all that he was a rather skilled tracker himself, had absolutely no fucking clue that he was being followed. At least up until the point where he sort of had no choice but to notice, when the voice simultaneously shattered the silence and the dark boy's now-clearly-undeserved sense of success. He would have ran for it, had he actually thought there was any chance that he would make it. The brown male his golden eyes had picked out from nearby brush was eerily still, and most definitely between him and the freedom of neutral ground. It was an odd reversal of roles; being trapped within a lands that Ares desperately wished to leave, instead of being forbidden to enter the territory of a foreign pack. Every second he lost, every second he remained here.. Was another second that maybe Tokyo would wake up. Notice his scent. Follow it here.. Find him.

He realized, though, as he studied the other, that Ares might have significantly more to worry about than the arrival of his mother. Blue eyes. Brown, like Conor. Scarred, and dangerous. Chills struck him, suddenly, and he wondered if this was how he was going to die, alone on a strange land. Would Princess even know what had happened to him? He had told no one where he was going. Instead of paling in the face of a threat, instead of attempting what would probably have been the safer tactic of meekness, he semi-brazenly returned question with a question, instead of attempting to explain himself or even justify his presence. Yeah, excuses leaped to mind and tongue, but he was no Tokyo to snatch up the easiest to believe and feed it to the stranger with honeyed tones. "No. Are you Haku Soul?" He wasn't.. quite suicidal, though, and his posture had drooped rather rapidly after the other wolf was spotted. Not grovelling, but most definitely acknowledging the fact that he was not in charge anymore.
[/html]
[html]
Slow and sucky and short, sorry!

This was not be the first time Haku would make a fellow canine disappear. Most people would get the chills if they had found his little treasure cabinet that was filled with pieces of his victims. His name was spoken out loud by the foolish boy, and Haku’s movement slowly halted. Okay, he could be kind and give the poor soul a few extra minutes of life. He was accustomed to recognition just by his appearance. To be recognized by such a young individual, however, that was not entirely normal. Blue eyes coldly studied the trespasser. So many unfortunate incidents seemed to occur between Dahlia de Mai and Crimson Dreams. The chocolate hued man then nodded, revealing that yes, he was Haku Soul. ”Give me a reason why I should not execute you right now?” Teeth wanted to tear and destroy, but his mind was not yet lost.

[/html]
[html]

pfft, i am queen of slow and sucky. and short doesn't bother me! i just apologize for fast replies to this thread. XD. 313 words.

A reason. Ares needed a reason, to give to this Haku, to save his life. Would anything he say actually matter? There was a gleam in the stranger's cold blue eyes that half-convinced him that nothing he said would change his fate. He quavered, a little, at that thought, then froze, not wanting to show any signs of weakness. Maybe he just wanted to toy with him, but.. Well, what was there to gain by stalling? If he was going to kill him no matter what, he could have just attacked without a single word. It wouldn't have taken much to bring him down, not for this hulking beast. Ares was just a skinny kid, for all his fervent desire to be something more.

No, maybe there was something he could say that would alter the situation. Begging, or trying to justify his skulking around after dark.. Neither seemed like they would do so. Did this male know Tokyo? Conor hadn't, but he was just a kid, and anyway Ares imagined him hiding in the corners of this territory trying to avoid his dad. And thus it made sense that he didn't know his mother. If Haku did know Tokyo.. She probably wouldn't have spoken of Ares. She preferred that he didn't come up in conversation at all, preferred denying his existence than talking shit about him, although if she was forced to acknowledge the former she was always glad to do that latter. And if Tokyo hadn't spoken of him, maybe he could pretend to be a son of heart instead of just one of blood. Would he kill a pack member's beloved child? "Tokyo Chance is my mother." He spoke steadily, in a voice that almost startled himself with it's cool, calm confidence. If Ares didn't know any better, he would almost believe that he wasn't desperately afraid for his life.
[/html]
[html]
Forgive me for slowness

Haku was a dangerous creature to begin with. Dahlians had little to fear still, but Haku could be a monster on the borders. He was usually harsh on the borders, especially if the proper procedures were not followed. He had turned on his own aunt as well after finally getting enough of her careless wandering about in the lands when she had left and betrayed the pack. He had wanted to taste her blood. He had not yet turned fully on his own flesh and blood except for Colibri, his daughter. It mattered little though, because blood meant nothing when it came to social ties and family. It smelled and tasted the same; there was no reason for any further discussion on that matter. This little daredevil had broken many rules and should already have been dead.

When the boy spoke and revealed that the bitch that had given birth to him was Tokyo, Haku’s pose did not falter the slightest. It did not matter what ties he had when he had acted so stupidly. Fangs glinted hungrily in the darkness, but the demonic brute did not move to decapitate the yearling. What he did not like now was the boy’s tone. Being full of himself and confident only made the older man want to crush him slowly. ”And?” the dark voice sounded coolly, dully and it was all too clear that he had little to no interest. He could easily kill Tokyo Chance’s son.

[/html]
[html]

no worries! :]. 349 words

The name of his mother did not seem to have any effect on the male Dahlian. To Ares, this meant one of two things: either this male did not know Tokyo, or that he did not like her. This changed the situation a little. Maybe he should tell the truth, or parts of it? Would the knowledge buy him his life? Would he be accused of lying, a dirty trespasser that shouldn't be believed? Or would he just die anyway? There was a calm sort of danger, an inevitable sense of violence. This was a man who tore the teeth from foxes for fun. Maybe if he phrased things just right, he could not only get out of this alive, but could make life significantly more difficult for his mother. Was Haku a leader of Dahlia? Ares didn't know, but even if he wasn't, the information he held was certainly valuable. Maybe useful as a way to increase standings with the leaders.

"And thus I know quite a lot about her.. Including certain stories that I would bet my life she would do anything to keep quiet." His tone was no longer quite so confident; it did hold a twinge of fear. Beyond that, though, nothing was revealed: it was as flat as he could hold it. The hardest part was keeping out of his voice the absolute hatred he had for his mother. "Promise me that I can leave these lands -- alive -- and I'll tell you." He wasn't even bluffing, not really. Ares knew how ashamed his mother was of her careless murder, and how terrified she was of word getting out. He had heard as much from Princess, about how she had been warned not to tell anyone, or not even to talk about the existence of her gray brother at all! He was pretty confident that Tokyo could be blackmailed with it, and was perversely hoping that the result of giving Conor's father the means to do so would result in her suffering at least some of the cruelties Ares' childhood was stuffed with.
[/html]
[html]
omg i thought I had replied to this ages ago Q_Q

The boy wanted promises? Well, Haku had to admit that he liked the sound of luscious stories. While he actually liked Tokyo better than the average Dahlian member, he allowed himself anything. He liked the fear in the boy. Fear could reveal strengths and weaknesses help him judge individuals so much better. Haku would not give any promises, but if the boy’s stories were worth the time once he was done revealing them to Haku, it was a possibility that he would let the young thing go. ”Do tell.” the blue eyed brute challenged, allowing his muscles to visibly relax to let the boy believe that the danger was over.

[/html]
[html]

it's k! <3

Ares had too much experience with his mother to assume a relaxed stance indicated he was in the clear. He stayed tense, watchful, and wary. Well, he didn't really have anything to lose by speaking. If it wasn't enough to buy his life, at least it still had the chance to fuck up his mother's. Wasn't that the most important goal to achieve, anyway? "First of all, there's me. I've heard from my sister that Tokyo doesn't want word of my existence to get out. She doesn't know I'm living in the area. I look like my father, and she hated him, so she hates me." It sounded so simply transitive when you spoke it that way. In cold reason there was very clearly drawn lines, even if the argument didn't follow any logic Ares knew.

"She named me "Buttface," and beat me. She probably wishes I died with my siblings - she killed three of the five of us when we were infants. Hell if I know why. I don't think she feels shame for either action - murdering them, or hurting me - but she cares so much about her image, her reputation, that I'm sure she'd just die if anyone knew." He was tempted to just turn and walk away, to just leave now that he'd paid his mentioned price. But the thought of turning his back to this terrifying blue-eyed demon was too chilling. No, Ares would wait and see his reaction, and if he was going to die today he'd at least put up a fight, for all the good it would do him.
[/html]
[html]
and done!

Ears perked forward to take in the boy’s words. Haku rarely found anything of interest when people spoke no matter the topic, but he was intrigued now; liking the boy’s tale. Mr. Buttface would never be able to find pity within the chocolate coated male. In fact, what the Lilium wanted to do most of all was to let out an amused laugh- which was exactly what he did when the boy’s words were turning into silence. ”Well, I’ve certainly never heard of you, Buttface.” the demonic beta male mused, all of a sudden sounding like as if he was in good spirits. His core was forever cold, but Haku was not entirely empty yet. This was valuable information though if Buttface’s words were true. Now, Haku had liked the female alright despite several obvious flaws, but he knew that good control was better than some control, and such information gave him control. He liked that. He liked that a lot. ”Now get off my lands.” He said, almost like a delayed continuation of his past sentence. The boy would live and be able to return home safe- unless someone else got him on the way. Haku was the one to turn and walk away, not at all nervous about turning his back and padding away as if the other canine was invisible. He seldom felt the need to watch his back when he excited scenes. His self confidence was way too high for such a trivial thing.

[/html]