Seasons don't fear the reaper (j)
[html]Character Name: Miracle Milagros
Character Birthdate (including year): March 2006
Wolf or Luperci: Luperci
Your e-mail: mytonguewastied@yahoo(dot)com
A secondary form of contact: kmagner@siprep(dot)org
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Zeke told me to join Storm. So, here I am. Smile

Mira sulked as her paws dipped deeper into the snow. She dug her claws reflexively in the ground, for a fraction of a second thinking that she'd somehow lost traction and would slip. There was more than a possiblity that she would end up faceplanting within her next few paces. Miracle was a true-born klutz. Everyday, without fail, her paws always seemed to fall just so on sharp rocks or roots hidden beneath the snow and dirt. And as for gravity? It just so happened to be her best friend, delighting in smashing her maw into the mud. She'd come through life with legs just long enough to make her gawky, sticking out like reeds beneath the trunk of her body. During the hard times, like in the winter, her legs were thin enough to make her look like a spindly four-legged spider.

She felt distinctly uncomfortable amid the endless drifts of white, which made the landscape soft as a dream. She stuck out like a sore thumb, bright as a sunspot among an endless field of fluffy cumulus clouds. Her pelt was a bright, bright gold color. Which made camoflaguing next to impossible, in this climate anyway. Her sense of smell told her that others were around, and she smiled and cringed at the same time, wishing that she was a blander, paler color.

If she where in her shifted, two-legged form, she'd have smacked herself on the forehead. She couldn't deny the nervous tension fluttering in her belly and rattling around in her head. But she hadn't exactly been frolicking in the snow for all these weeks just for the joy of spending time on her own. She had been seeking others like her, and perhaps a new place to stay. Honestly, she did not know what exactly she wanted, except to lay eyes on another wolfen face. With a measure of hesitance, she lifted her face to the air and let out a short howl that tapered at the end into a choking cough. She had almost changed her mind in the first half minute of howling, but the deed was done. All she could do was wait.

[/html]
OOC — Hellow, welcome to Souls. ^^ And Storm, where the Alpha sneakily charms everyone into joining... xP

IC —
[html]
Tamerlane's long, ivory feet crunched deeper into the snow as he walked. He was reasonably stealthy, but that didn't escape the fact that height and sinew didn't result in an invisible pawprint. This Spaher's brand of border patrol wasn't as direct as some. He tended to travel outside the territory on various occasions, living the vastness of the land itself and finding no chains to connect him to any place in particular. He certainly would not hesitate to say that Storm was the pack to which he put his name and he was loyal to his friends there, but he was also a traveller in heart, mind and body; and despite a pleasantly charismatic disposition, Tamerlane was something of a loner. As such, he would not follow the line of the borders directly, but keep his grey-black eyes on the distance as he moved around the areas surrounding.

It was hardly frugal for a joiner to howl for someone — howling, after all, was a call for attention; it was tantamount to a command, which was far from acceptable in a lone wolf. Furthermore, any observant creature would notice the delicate state of the Storm lands at this point; the avalanche was recent; the ground fickle. As Tamerlane was not the type to assert any dominance, the Luperci approached the strikingly-coloured stranger in silence; he looked at her for an explanation for her behaviour.
[/html]
OOC - Thank you! Sorry for the delay. Computer went on an impromptu fit yesterday. It has been placated now though. Smile

[html]Mira's blue eyes scanned the snowy terrain back and forth several times. After a few minutes she experienced some minor dizziness and shut her eyes, berating herself. The environment looked precarious, she should have been paying attention. The snow was so freshly laid, and in such masses. It did not look like there had been a storm very recently, not a big enough one to settle this much snow on the ground. It was painfully obvious that there had been some sort of avalanche - either that or a snowball fight among Titans - very, very recently. That's strike two, stupid!

The gold colored wolf sighed softly and opened her eyes - then nearly jumped out of her skin. Her heart pounded like a small, skittereing rodent cornered by a lion. While she was having her own little internal dialogue, someone had appeared. She almost swallowed her tongue. Well, she had wanted to be heard, hadn't she? Mira looked up (and up and up and up), at the tall stranger. She didn't know whether to cringe, smile, or babble like the idiot she was presenting herself to be.

He offered her nothing but his silence and something almost stern within his eyes. He seemed secure, powerful in his confident quiet. Mira did not know whether or not to feel disheartened, frightened, or elated. She was a bundle of a lot of jittering things, none of which really made sense right now. She was just so delighted to see another wolfen face. She did not know what to say, could not seem to put the right words together, and so instead she spoke what flitted over her mind. With a small, unsure smile and in a quiet voice, she said, "I am sorry, I did not mean to -- I wasn't thinking," she finished weakly. She decided to say something she was completely sure of, something that wouldn't make her stumble and sound like a fool. "My name is Mira."

[/html]
OOC — No problem at all. Smile

IC —
[html]
The reason why Tamerlane did not berate the female for her lack of border etiquette was two fold. Firstly, he was simply not a brutal type that sought to bring harm upon others; she did not look like a creature that in any way deserved to be humiliated. He judged carefully before he ever did such a thing. Secondly, the stranger did not seem in the greatest of health. Yes she was young and fit, and her golden coat shone with the same kind of suppleness as it probably did in her infancy, but there was nevertheless a weariness about her. As if she had been travelling a long time and the days had not been kind to her. It was, after all, a snowy territory in which they stood; harsh, relentless and evidently dangerous. The stranger did not submit (which she would have to do sooner or later), but she at least displayed a sense of unassuming, nervous politeness that dictated very much that she was far from harmful.

My name is Mira. Mira, are you injured? he asked softly so that their priorities could be sorted.
[/html]
[html]Mira was a bit startled when the wolf inquired about her health. She blinked fast once, then once more slowly. Unfocusing and refocusing her eyes, she looked more closely at the male, although she did not move even a fraction of an inch closer to regard him. She stayed, rooted as she was, on the spot. She still couldn't quite believe that finally, after so long, she had encountered another creature who could - or would - speak to her. She did not quite know what to make of him, and bemusely considered the thought that she might be dreaming. But the cold of the snow had sunk into her skin and bones, telling her that this landscape was real and not some sort of phantasm.

His voice was soft, it might have been the breath of the wind. It was strange to hear such a quiet sound - almost gentle - coming from such a wolf. True, the way he presented himself was not severe in the slightest - far from it, but she still sensed a sort of discipline and purpose about him. The way he held himself, the way his eyes held her pinned to the spot. There was something more than just his stature that demanded attention and respect. If Mira had been younger or a smaller creature, she migh have shrunk away from the male. Truth be told, she still had half the mind to, but the part of her that was part afraid was also partially mesmerized. What kind of creature was this male? Why would he even bother to express concern for a loner at the borderlands, when he smelled faintly of other wolves of similar scents?

Wait a minute - borderlands...shit! Miracle was smacked with the realization that she had probably screwed border protocol over six ways from Sunday. She squashed down the urge to grind her teeth, and instead answered the male in order to ignore her new dismay. "I'm not injured, thanks," she answered just as softly. She knew that she should do something to show deference to this subtly fierce wolf before her, but she could not decide what to do. She immediately decided that she would not shift her stance, unless asked, although her ears lowered a fraction unconsciously. She decided that honesty would be the best policy. After all, that was all she had to repay the kindness of this stranger. "I know I'm not going about this the right way," she began apologetically, trying to find the right words. "I've never really - just, never spoken to someone this way, under circumstances like these. Well, that was clumsy wording. A stray thought hit her belatedly. "When you asked if I was injured -- is there something going on? I mean, are you okay?" Her blue eyes scanned the land around them, looking for some signs of struggle. But the only unsettled part of their surroundings was the snow from the avalanche.

[/html]
[html]
I'm not injured, thanks. With that, priorities easily rearranged themselves into the appropriate order without a fraction of difficulty. Blood and wounds were difficult to sense when the weather was so harsh and the scent of the borders that of a pack, and of course they were difficult to see too, given the thickness of winter fur and the secretiveness of the snow. Thus, it had been wise to ask, though he noted vaguely that she was surprised by his concern. If Tamerlane had not asked after her health, though, it would not have been entirely anomalous for her to flop forward in the snow, unconscious or deceased. Now that she was deemed relatively healthy (at least by her own judgement), that possibility was more or less removed from the proceedings.

The young, honey-coated stranger admitted ignorance in these events. To clue her in, Tamerlane replied harmlessly but honestly: you’ve entered a pack territory, which you should know if you have a sense of smell. You’ve failed to submit, which is absurd if you’re a wolf of any kind. And you’re surrounded by the aftermath of an avalanche, which you’ll know if you have eyes. I’m not injured, he answered her question, but I asked if you were, because to stand in the freezing cold with an injured stranger is not a situation that should be prolonged. In fact, he added, it shouldn't be prolonged whatever the situation — you've yet to tell me why you howled.
[/html]
Please reply to this thread by February 7th. If there is not a reply by that time this thread will be archived and you will have to start anew. Thank you.