she walked away from paradise and
[html]

You know all my senseless info.. probably better than I do. Firefly's return. All the old stinky CDM members welcome to assault her for abandoning them. Big Grin

The autumn hued woman had no clue why she had balked at joining her siblings in returning to the emerald island. In her heart she'd pined so long for the motherland and yet when given the chance to be welcomed home with open arms she'd faltered. She'd watched in the approaching twilight as the ship had sailed without her, the familiar figures aboard gazing back at her as she hung her head low. The Sadira child hadn't returned back to the pack that she'd chosen over her once clan but instead she'd sought shelter in hiding, mourning for the choice she'd made and yet knowing that in some sense she'd betrayed the pack by what she'd done none the less.

Firefly didn't care what sort of welcome she would receive upon her return to the silvery gold coast but she knew that she would have to go back one day. What made today that day.. Had she realized that she'd passed her day of birth once more, another year gone round on the world she knew so little of. Was there something more left behind in the pack that she failed to realize.. or had loneliness just finally seized her heart and soul. She really didn't know and now that she was on the beach she felt herself slipping back into the shallow numbness that she'd let everyone else assume was her general way of handling the world. Let them assume what they wanted, she had her reasons, even if she had yet to figure them out.

She glanced towards the lands she'd grown to know too well and gritting her teeth she sighed, tilting her head back she let the soft song of her voice call out upon the wind, not knowing what was next.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... rmor_t.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Grumpy Haven is Grumpy XD 300+

Despite winning the race his mood was still lower than usual. Maybe it was because his body ached with a renewed fervor after the effort of riding Drogon so hard. A couple of his cuts on his abdomen had reopened a little and he had had someone wrap bandages around it. His return trip to Crimson Dreams was still floating around in his mind as well. That had entailed a lot more issues than he had foreseen. Absentmindedly he lightly touched his black eye and winced. The swelling had gone down but it was still incredibly tender. Princess' brother sure could throw a punch. Not that he blamed the guy though. Haven would have done the same thing in that situation.

Vowkeeper was strapped in its usual place across his back and it made him thankful for the bandages. They helped the strap from rubbing too badly against his wounds. The Knight didn't really want to go anywhere without the longsword anymore. Not after what had happened with Ezekiel. Who knows, nut like that might come back after him or try and start some trouble in Cour des Miracles. That was something Haven would not stand for. If the de le Poer male was that stupid and reckless then the control he had shown when unsheathing his blade the last time would not come again. He wouldn't let the coyote cause problems for his pack.

Bi-colored ears pricked forward as a familiar voice floated through the evening air. Firefly? He had assumed the woman had gone for a very long time, if not for good. It was incredibly surprising to hear her calling out. With a groan of pain he walked with a quicker pace towards the old member. Had she come back to stay? Or simply to check in? Either way he supposed it didn't matter much to him. He felt neither excitement nor resentment in this particular situation. He was simply neutral. As the hybrid finally came up to her he nodded his head at her. "Didn't expect to see you back so soon."

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... blebg1.png); background-position: right center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 415px; height: 616px;">

I guess he doesn't know Ayita's prego yet, mental note. Big Grin

I have lost the will to change

Leroy trotted on the borders, lately he had been speading most of his time within the heartland of the home. Fixing the up the stables wasn't his favorite thing so far but it had to be done. Patrolling the borders made the Duc feel good agian, being able to check that any threats to their young home is delt with an they borders are marked. Stopping for a moment the large black and white male sniffed at the ground, the pack scent at this part of the borders seemed to be slightly weak. Quickly marking the ground Leroy's body tensed as his hind legs kicked at the ground for the moment, a snort was pushed from his lungs as a pleased smile pulled on his face. Blinking red eyes were alert as his ears fanned forward at the howl from the borders, this howl wasn't anything new but he knew this howl. Firefly. Curly tail high behind his patterned form Leroy's leg moved quickly over the ground, claws throwing dirt behind him. CLosing in on the scene Leroy's trot slowed making his muscles rippled unnoticed under his coat, coming from the far right his red eyes shifted from the two bodies he knew. Tail swaying behind him a smile pulled on his lips as his body slowly started shift to his two legged form, standing tail his patterened body walked forward to join the group. "Do my eyes lie to me?" Deep voice was mingled with a playful tone as a grin tugged at the corner of his lips.

[/html]
[html]

Firefly wasn't for certain just who she expected to show up on the borders but as the scent of the lands she knew so well drifted over her she caught sight of the familiar pumpkin hued male as he moved slowly down the beach. She narrowed her eyes at the sight of him, the abuse that had taken it's toll on his body made the hairs on her neck raise slightly but she remained silent. Even though the male could almost be a sibling, and in some form or another was family she didn't know the story behind his appearance and unless he offered it she would never.

His words danced across her ears as she straightened up quickly, her emerald eyes flashing as her voice rose and fell, short and simple, honest for once. "I never left." It would almost be a slap in the face if she didn't go on but she was quiet a moment longer before she gave in. "I thought Eire was where I belonged.. but I couldn't leave.. but I didn't know how to just come back..." She glanced past Haven for a second as a softness hardly ever seen in her took hold for one second in time. "home.." She whispered as she tried to give a weak smile.

She had barely finished the sentence when the voice of another she'd known long had called out in the winds. Giving a short wag of her tail she smiled and shrugged as she asked. "What on you doesn't lie Leroy.." She wasn't even sure if she could get away with jesting in such a manner with the boys anymore but it was worth a try, if not she'd learn soon enough. Her eyes returned to their normal dark sharp appearance as she gave the husky a once over before flicking her eyes back to Haven, knowing that she was almost nothing in the eyes of the pack.. or atleast she felt it.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... rmor_t.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

He could sense the changes in her, slight as they were, when he approached. Though he was thankfully that she said nothing. Firefly wasn't the type to fuss. Actually none of his packmates had said anything about the cuts that riddled his body (though he had done a great deal to avoid them seeing). Though the only one he could see getting overly upset about it would be Ruri, but she could never see the condition he was in thankfully. Snorting he looked away from the golden woman for a moment and muttered under his breath. "Some nut from the clan." Maybe she didn't want to know, but Haven felt like telling her at least that much. The Knight thought he should probably inform Jac as well that he had been attacked by a member of Inferni, simply so the King would be aware.

Firefly's response brought a somewhat surprised looked to the male's face, his brows rising. She had never left? But why had she left the pack then? He didn't have to wait for that question to be answered however. The hesitance and softness in her right now was something he had never seem and it took him aback. He said nothing of it, he knew she wouldn't appreciate it and he knew that this was difficult for her. Perhaps it was good that he had been the first to find her because he could easily understand her torn loyalties. Loyal as he was to Cour des Miracles, he would always be loyal to Crimson Dreams as well. His family was there, and they were as much a part of him as anything else. "Well, I'm glad you decided to stay. And you shouldn't worry, I don't think anyone will be upset." He certainly wasn't.

Haven looked back as he heard someone else approaching and saw the changing form of Leroy. A nod was given in greeting to the older male and then his focus turned back onto Firefly. At some point they should probably call Jac to come, though he would wait until she was ready for such a thing. He couldn't imagine the King would be too harsh on her though.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 421

The king of these sunny lands was perched atop the cliff, his legs hanging over the edge so that the salty breeze could whip between his toes. He was comfortable here, peering fearlessly down the dizzying height to the beach below the clifftop forest. A foolish seagull had tried to perch on the collie-dog's head, and it was now a crunchy snack for the opportunistic monarch. He was always one to appreciate stupid prey.

His glinting black eyes caught a glimpse of movement on the shore below him, and he squinted keenly, trying to make out the silver-gold shape on the sands. The colors were familiar, but it could not be... his petite soleil had left him to go sailing again, had she not? He did not blame her for letting her wayward nature get the better of her, but it had stung his pride that she had chosen to leave him (and Svara too, a few short days later!). They had trouble keeping their women here, it seemed. Haven's coyote princess had abandoned them, too. But women were flighty, impulsive... it wasn't their fault that they could not commit to anything other than themselves.

Feeling pleased with the chauvinist joke he had invented, Jac rose to his footpaws, picking the last white feathers from between his teeth. If it was the fiery Firefly, then he would not be the last one to greet her. Perhaps he would pretend to be upset with her, to see her reaction. She was, after all, almost as proud as he was... Maybe he could trick her into apologizing. His tail lashed playfully behind him as he dashed around the edge of the cliff, streaming fur blazing in the sunlight. By the time he reached the hot sand of the coast, Leroy and Haven had drawn up to her, cautious optimism written on their colorful faces.

He was about to tap the Sadira woman on the shoulder to startle her, when an impatient whinny brayed from beside him. The spindly-legged mustang filly had found him... The young horse had adopted Jac as a surrogate mother when her own mother died, and the needy little paint was driving him up a wall... literally. He had climbed the cliff knowing full well that the foal could not follow him. She disapprovingly nipped him on the elbow, beady eyes glaring accusingly. He flashed his fangs at her, an empty threat, before turning back shamelessly to his former packmate. "Bonjour, mademoiselle Firefly... What brings you back to our shores?"

[/html]
[html]

The woman's eyes never let Haven as he seemed to find some answer to the silent questions that filtered between them. Her eyes narrowed as he spoke of the clan, a slight sneer appearing on her lips as she spoke frankly. "They've never been stable.." She didn't offer any aid in finding revenge for the male or to tell him what he should do, for all she knew the whole things had in some way been something that he had deserved but she doubted that. She was silent a second before she asked. "They've been quiet since?" wanting to know if they had been taunting and picking at the pack or if it had been something seemingly personal. Firefly had her own issues with the clan and very few if any of Cour des Miracles knew of her past. Oddly enough the hot headed woman had managed to stay out of the claws and fangs of the clan so far but sooner or later she wouldn't be surprised if she was at the heart of trouble once more with the clan.

When Haven spoke of how the pack might feel about her return she couldn't help but smile, knowing that as easy going as they were if he had no hard feelings it probably was the same with the rest. It probably helped that she knew many of them and their personalities but still she knew that you never could assume everything. She had been about to respond to his words when she heard the sound of another approaching. Her ears flicked back slightly before she straightened her stance and turned her head slightly towards the sound of the steps that were plotting towards the location.

When Jac arrived she couldn't help but raised her head slightly higher, knowing that if anyone had any means and reason to grumble about her departure that it would be their estranged king. Her bright emerald eyes trailed over the form of the king for a moment before the ambling figure of the young mustang took her sight. She gave a soft growl to the beast for a second before realizing that it seemed to have some attachment to the king. When he seemed to settle his issues with the creature for a moment she let her eyes flick back to the male as he spoke.

His words irritated her slightly but she figured that they were meant to. Jac knew she was a prickly one and he often tried his best to rouse her into a fit. It had taken time for her to realize this in her youth though now she'd learned to a degree to sooth the lioness within when it came to his play on words and teasing. She realized though as she spoke that she had missed the male's quick wit and banter. Why had she even thought she needed to leave in the first place. "I'd assume the same thing that brought us together the first time." She couldn't help it as her eyes shone with the annoyance she tried to hide as she flicked the tip of her tail. "We need eachother.. and it's become home." She didn't really know how to explain the truth to him though she figured that oneday she would have to. A soft fluttery sigh gave away the currents that she was holding at bay as she waited for his retort.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... blebg1.png); background-position: right center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 415px; height: 616px;">

I guess he doesn't know Ayita's prego yet, mental note. Big Grin

I have lost the will to change

Smiling Leroy nodded at her words, it did feel good to have a friend back at home."I suppose your right." Curly tail wagged slowly behind his patterned form as his red eyes flickered over to Haven, smile fadded as it was clear to see his wounds. He might not be sever but Haven had seemed to gotten in some kind of fight either way, Leroy won't bother hi for answers it is his business after all. "You look rough my friend." Deep, warm voice was friendly as he commented at his orange colored friend.

It didn't take long for Jac's scent to reach the black and white patterned male, ears turned slightly at the strange scent mixed with it. Great horses. Leroy didn't hate them but he wasn't one that really liked to be around them, a flick of the tail his red eyes moved on the nearing form of the King. Looking at the small horse Leroy twitched his maw while holding back a snort, at least it was a little one rather then a large one.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: Since this is a joining thread, did you want to wrap it up soon?

She met him with annoyance, flicking tail and flashing eyes. He would never admit it, even to himself, but he had missed her passionate ways... She was a hell of a woman, and most men couldn't handle her intensity, but Jac was not most men. "I hope whatever that is, it keeps you here longer this time," he drawled teasingly, raising an eyebrow with his intentional jibe. He would rather the green-eyed Sadira be a permanent fixture in his kingdom, although if he voiced such possessive intentions, he knew the headstrong woman would immediately balk. "You cannot be pairie again, not for a while," he added offhandedly. He was not sure how much the rank had meant for her, but it would take some time before he entrusted her with it again. It was all a game in his mind... Still, he would not outcast her. He would never risk driving her away for good, not with the copious amounts of spirit she displayed. He let his plumed tail wave lazily behind him, smiling enticingly as his dark eyes drank in her sight. She just kept getting lovelier, didn't she? She would not slip through his claws again, not this time.

[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the failwait D: 300+

He saw the sneer contort her face and knew immediately what she thought of the clan. Up until now he hadn't given all the bad rumors much thought. The only people he had met from Inferni he had found to be as nice as anyone else. He had even come to love one of them. After this though the bad image was given more weight in the hybrid's mind. It had been a senseless fight, stupid. Why should they come to blows over someone who had walked out of both their lives? It didn't make sense to him. At her question he nodded to reassure her. "It didn't happen here, it was in the neutral lands." It had been a personal battle, nothing more. Though he had been vigilant for de le Poer male, not trusting that he wouldn't try to pick more fights.

Soon Leroy also noticed his injuries and Haven gave a small frown. It wasn't that he wasn't comforted to know that they would be concerned, but he wasn't proud of what had happened. "Yeah, I've been better." That was all he would say for now. If the husky wanted to ask him more at another time then Haven would answer his questions, but he didn't want this to become a public affair.

The Knight saw their King sneaking up behind Firefly when his attempt to startle her was thwarted by a young mustang. Haven looked curiously at the foal. It appeared that it had taken quite a liking to Jac, and more surprising, it seemed that the collie was putting up with her. He vaguely remembered seeing the creature on the sidelines of the race, but he hadn't made a connection between it and anyone. Though as expected, the monarch welcomed the Sadira woman back into their ranks, though not at her old position. He really didn't feel he had anything more to add to the exchange and so he simply stood there, focus changing to his three companions that were gathered.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Soon would work. They could all wander off together or something and fade to black?

Firefly's ears flicked back as Haven explained that it hadn't taken place in the packlands. She was relieved to a degree though she wouldn't have minded a reason to cause trouble with the clan. She didn't know of the shift in leadership nor of the fierce bitch that had come back to reclaim her lands and weed it of the unworthy and put spines in the recruits that were still left. She really didn't care either. If she played her cards right she could find a way to pick and bully the weak souls that still clung to the clan. She didn't say anything but as her eyes focused off in the distance she nodded slowly at Haven's words, lost to the idea of a little fun at being a monster in the night.

She let Leroy and Haven banter back and forth for their moment until Jac took over the scene like the king he was. her eyes trailed over to the one armed man as a simmering smile floated on her lips as he made his remarks on her departure. She tilted her head to the side and in a nonchalant manner threw out a sigh followed by some well chosen words. "I guess there wasn't anyone man enough to make me stay.." Her eyes flashing, daring the male to even respond to her jab at their masculinity.

She raised a brow at Jac as he seemed to come to the conclusion that she actually cared about her position in the pack. Though she had once upon a time she realized that here it didn't really matter. A unladylike snort escaped as she stared at their king with a smirk on her lips. In that cocky manner that she often took with Jac she stated. "Oh, you'll miss my company soon enough and come begging for me to take up rank once more.." She teased, knowing full well that Jac was good at making certain that their paths crossed and if he wanted to play games then she could as well. She could frisk from one end of the packlands to the other keeping two steps infront of the male, knowing his weaknesses and exploiting everyone of them til she had him eating from her palm. She could.. and she probably would sooner or later. If he wanted to play he knew she was game.

[/html]