missing title
[html]
Private. :3

It had seemed that the rains that had brought the flooding were gone for good, but when the female focused her jade eyes on the skies overhead she could see a darkly colored thunderclouds swirling about. It gave her a slightly foreboding feeling as she crossed the land surrounding the Valley, to be walking beneath such darkness. Hopefully the weather would improve as she walked. She had left many of her belongings in the city but had taken the most important things with her. Belongings could be replaced; she had a few books, a newly replenished supply of herbs, and a couple of soft furs strapped onto her back. However the most important thing that she had brought with her, more important to her than any item she could ever own, was shown in the wolf's outline; her belly now curved gracefully toward the ground, three, maybe four pups slowly growing inside of it. They got bigger with each day, and the wolf knew that it wouldn't be too much longer, a few weeks, perhaps.

It seemed that the skies were beginning to clear just a little bit as she made her way closer to the Phoenix Valley border, rays of sunlight shooting down to the ground through the cover. She looked back toward the ground in front of her, four paws leaving pawprints behind her in the muddier sections of the outer city. It hadn't been too much of a trip to come from Halifax to the Valley, but the wolfess had items tied to her back that were weighing her down and pups that were tugging her belly toward the ground as well. She was slowly losing the fight against gravity. Naniko reached the edge of the border just as she was about to stop for a rest and put her rump to the ground, relieved. Geneva would know that she was coming, as the weeks until the birth dwindled down, and would be expecting her. She lifted her muzzle to the skies, letting out a long call for the silver haired wolf.

[/html]
[html]

Awww, fatty ♥

I'm going crazy, I'm losing sleep.
I'm in too far, I'm in too deep.
But you, I can't believe you're gone.
You were the first; you'll be the last.

The sub-leader began her day, as she often did, by patrolling the borders of the pack. It had been hard to adjust to DaVinci's absence, but the woman had acclimated to her role as a leader of this pack. She awoke with renewed vigor every day, confident and motivated to do all she could to help Jefferson. It was a relief to her to know that he could share his burdens with her. She did not like to see him with the weight of the world on his shoulders. Although the one-eyed Patriarch pretended to be unassuming and uncaring, she knew that he cared very deeply about this pack and that he often worried. She would do what she could to alleviate his worries.

The day was clearer than it had been before. The woman was grateful that the ominous rain clouds did not loom in the sky today. The ground was still damp and sunk in some places, but it was better than trying to walk through a flood. Phoenix Valley had been lucky, as the pack had not experienced very much flooding. The water had risen to alarming levels in certain places, but all of the buildings and structures claimed by pack members still seemed to be intact and Geneva had not heard of anyone getting hurt during the flooding.

As a sound split the air, Geneva's ears pricked and she headed in the direction of the sound. She picked up speed as she identified the owner of the voice, and she broke into a sprint to reach the edge of the borders to find Naniko. The white whale had been in her thoughts these last few weeks a lot. She did not like that the woman was pregnant and alone, and she had hoped that Naniko would choose to stay in Phoenix Valley, if only for a while. She skidded to a halt, her eyes bright as she took in the white woman. "Nani, how are you? Is everything all right?"

[/html]
[html]
belugaaaaaa!!

She had been back to healing for a few weeks now, ever since she'd realized that she was pregnant, and had acquired a few friends while out in the city. One coyote, a wolf that she had been friends with before, and a wide assortment of animals. In some parts of Halifax the animals had taken over, mainly the parks and creek areas, and she'd found plenty of creatures in need of help around those places. Over time she'd made friends with a few of them, going back every day to check on their progress. A badger had assisted her with tying the things to her back, and had done them up in good, solid knots that would hold well.

The silver wolf came into view, running, and she almost felt bad for calling. She could have waited a little longer, that was no problem; she didn't mean to make her run. Maybe she shouldn't have made her howl sound so urgent. "I'm doing well--I've come from the city. To join you in Phoenix Valley, if the offer still stands. It will be only a few short weeks until they come, and I'd like to be as prepared as I can. I would just need some help getting these things off my back...I can't bite throught the strings at this angle" She said.

She was glad that Geneva had been the one to come and greet her at the borders; her friend knew her story and was still being genuinely nice to her despite everything that had happened. She would give Naniko the second chance she'd been looking for, the chance to live in a place where she wouldn't be judged or looked down upon.
[/html]
[html]

Baby beluga ♥

Geneva felt instant elation at the fact that Naniko intended to stay. She had worried for her friend for weeks. She knew that was Naniko was strong, clever, and capable. But there was so much more at stake for her now. She was responsible for more than she her own life now. Judging by the weight of her belly, her litter would be fairly sizable. Life, sweet and mysterious, grew within her, dependent on her breath, affected by her every decision.

The sub-leader remembered what it was like to feel life move within her. It had been the most incredible, indescribable experience. She had felt that life, so much part of her, and having nothing to do with her, like whispers of electricity up and down her spine. Her awareness had expanded and her world had narrowed and shrunk down to the singular reality of the helpless life dependent upon her. Her life had changed, and her views of life had changed. This was not the first time Naniko would be a mother, but Geneva was glad to know that she and her babes would be safe. The woman would not let any harm come to them while they resided in Phoenix Valley.

"I am so glad you came," Geneva said, smiling genuinely and brightly. She approached the woman with ease. Normal border protocol did not seem to apply. Geneva knew Naniko well, and already knew her story and intentions. She felt that the woman had much to contribute to the pack. The woman knew that Naniko would not be content to be 'dead weight' and that she would do all she could to contribute. It was in the white woman's inherent nature.

Geneva nosed at the wrappings keeping Naniko's possessions secured to her back. She looked back at Nani's face. "Do you think you can carry these a bit further? I would be happy to help, but my home is not far from here. You're welcome to stay with me until you've gained your strength back," she said. Geneva lived in the ranch with Jefferson, although she had her own space and room. There was more than enough room in the space she had claimed as her own. And she would feel better knowing she could keep an eye on the woman. But she knew that the woman might not feel the most comfortable that way. "Or, if you'd rather have more privacy, there are vacant cabins available. I could help you spruce one of them up. Or you could make a den. What would you prefer?"

[/html]
[html]

She didn't know which one she would prefer. She didn't want to disturb the couple...and even if Geneva told her she wasn't, she would still feel like she was if she was living in the same house as them. She didn't want to be completely on her own, though, either, after two months of that in the city. She nodded that she could carry them, turning to look farther into the territory. She had gotten a short rest while she had waited for Geneva to come, and had gotten a sort of second-wind from it.

Naniko stood up so that she might follow the silver wolf, then replied. "I don't want to disturb you...is there a house close to yours? I don't think I know anyone else in the pack--I'd really like to be close, but you two will need your space too"
[/html]
[html]

Baby beluga ♥

The gray-furred woman gestured with her head over her shoulder, indicating a direction further into Phoenix Valley's territory. The soft foliage beneath her feet felt like home. And with Naniko here, she knew that this place would become even closer to her heart. Geneva had loved nearly every moment she had spent as part of Crimson Dreams. She had done so much healing and growing there. There were experiences forever etched into her memory and heart, all stemming from her experiences and bonds in her previous pack. And to have Naniko in Phoenix Valley, as a small part of her old home, brought warmth to her.

It did not take long to reach the Three Moons Ranch. Without speaking she nodded her head toward the ranch, indicating that this was her home. It was important for Geneva to let Naniko know where to find her. And if nothing else, the ranch was often frequented by other members of the pack. She would be able to find help or company if she was there. It seemed, especially on days when the weather wasn't fair, that the ranch was a hub for pack activity. Either way, either she or Jefferson were usually around the ranch, and so Naniko would not be short on aid, if she should need it.

Several dozen yards away, there was a quaint cabin with simple steps leading up to a small porch. Geneva had taken special note of the fact that it was in good repair, the roof whole, and the walls without cracks or holes. The windows were somewhat dusty and it was dark and musty inside from lack of use and inhabitation, but Geneva felt it would be a safe place for Naniko. If Geneva hadn't chosen to move into the ranch, she would have moved into this cottage instead. She paused at the door, waiting for Nani to catch up. "I think this would be a good place for you. I would have lived here, if not for Jefferson," she said, somewhat shyly upon admitting that. Geneva had scouted out the available cabins outside the ranch in the months before she had realized the way she felt for Jefferson. But for whatever reason at that time, she had wanted to be close to him, and that fact hadn't changed. "I think you will be comfortable here, and it is very close by. The woman took a breath. "I am accepting you into this pack as Tenens. I think that would be a good rank and responsibility for you, as you would be charged for caring for the herds of livestock. And once you are well and able again, you would be able to tend more fully to them. I think it would be a good way for you to adjust to a slightly different lifestyle, and I have complete faith in your abilities."

[/html]
[html]

When she had been living in Crimson Dreams and Davinci over in Phoenix Valley she had come to visit him a few times. She knew some of the territory, but would have to walk around a lot to get a good feel for it in the coming weeks before the pups would arrive. She had been very interested in learning about their herds, how many animals they had and what sorts there were. Naniko had never seen such a thing, though she had once had the idea of keeping deer and breeding them for more food. It was almost the same thing.

They approached the cabin that Geneva spoke of. It was much nicer than the shop that she had been living in, most definitely--that shop had cold, concrete floors and sparse decoration...but this place seemed very rustic and inviting."It's really nice." It was decided. The mansion, when they had found that back when they'd formed Twilight Vale, had been pretty dirty inside....but because it was a larger structure with very thick walls, it had been mostly protected. This cabin seemed very clean to her, something that she liked. She padded up the front steps to nose the door open, holding it so that Geneva might pass her and enter as well.

"I've miscarried one litter and birthed another...I think that I will be ok, but it will be different without Deuce and Iskata there to help me through. I know what to do...it's just scary, sometimes." Especially during the more painful times of the birth. She listened carefully to the rank that Geneva said, trying the word out. "Tenens." She would have to remember that so that she could tell others if they asked her what her rank in the pack was. "Thank you, Geneva. I won't disappoint you. I'll learn all I can about the herds. I think th at it would be good as well--I could heal them if they became ill, and assist them during births" She had always enjoyed helping animals."Tenens." She would have to remember that so that she could tell others if they asked her what her rank in the pack was. "I was wondering--did you tell Jefferson that I was coming? And how are things going--has anything new happened with you two?" She sat down near the bed in the corner, sighing with relief, though the things on her back still weighed on her. She could rest for a little while before she went out to explore the lands later in the day.
[/html]
[html]

Baby beluga ♥

Naniko seemed comfortable here already. She entered through the door and took in the cabin with a natural grace and confidence. It was at that moment that Geneva was certain that the white wolfess would pull through this period in her life. Geneva remembered when she herself had left Crimson Dreams. She had felt a leaden weight on her soul, a darkness that folded around her heart. But since she had been here, it had been easier to breathe. She had made peace with herself and with the things she had done and failed to do. She had moved on to live a fuller life. It was Geneva's hope that Naniko would experience something similar.

Geneva stood beside the bed, cocking her head to the side as she thought back for a moment. She had never known Deuce, but she knew that Iskata had once been a leader of Phoenix Valley. It did not surprise Geneva that Naniko would have a history with the woman. "I will be here when that happens," Geneva said, making her words a promise. "I've only had one litter, last year before I joined Crimson Dreams. Only one girl survived. The one day I spent with her, her only day of life, was the happiest day of my life," she said softly, although there was a note of sadness weighing in her tone.

"I know you won't disappoint me," Geneva assured her, shaking her head a bit, her tone returning to normal. "I know you'll shine." Geneva had every confidence in Naniko. She was a spirited woman, and she had fire. She would do whatever it took to make a good life for herself and her children, and she knew that Nani would be an asset to Phoenix Valley. "I haven't told Jefferson, but I haven't really said more than two words to him at a time for more than a month. We're always busy. And when the other is resting, the other is patrolling or performing some other duty. But we get by. I hope to speak to him again soon." She missed having quality time with Jefferson, but she was secure in the knowledge that the time would come soon enough.

[/html]
[html]
Sorries! I've been making that other joining thread my priority XD and now I should answer my own joining thread -lame-

She was glad to be here, whatever happened. Naniko couldn't even think about what it would have been like to go back to Crimson Dreams and have to face Savina. And if she would have gotten into a fight with the wolf then she probably would have been on the losing side. Savina would have had the pack behind her against one lone, pregnant wolf. She didn't want to risk anything this pregnancy. She would keep her feet on the ground and keep out of trouble as much as she could.

"Losing them isn't easy. And that same distress and fear came back when I had my second litter. Now that they're grown and they're all healthy...it helps. To know that I can raise a litter of strong, healthy pups. I feel more confident now. You would make a good mother--I hope that you have a good, healthy litter if you choose to start a family" It seemed that both of the leaders here were very active in the pack, doing their duties. Naniko knew how that went, how tiring it was. It had been difficult with the pups, too, having to leave them every once in a while to go out and check things outside the mansion.

She was excited to get going, to go out and have a look at the territory and at the herds, but also knew that her body was in need of a good rest. She tried not to yawn but lost the battle, jaws opening widely, her tongue sticking out for a moment. This was the start of a better life, one not riddled with drugs and pain. It would be a new Naniko, too.

[/html]
[html]

Short and lame Big Grin

Geneva could taste the bitterness of that loss on the back of her tongue, and it was almost a yhear old. It was something that would remain as a shadow on her heart. The pain had faded, but it was a part of her, integrated into her psyche. She had not even named the other children, except Shea, who had never even seen the sun set on her own life. She hadn't even lived a full day. Geneva could sense the same sadness in Naniko's voice.

The sub-leader was pleased that Naniko seemed to be gaining strength. She knew that hte last frew months of her life must have been tumultous and difficult, but she could still see the strength that she remembered in the ex-Commander. It was amazing, the reserves of strength in the white wolfess.

Geneva saw that her friend was drooping with weariness. The sub-leader rose and smiled softly. She was so glad that Naniko had chosen to stay at Phoenix Valley. Geneva would be certain to help her in any way possible. "I'll let you rest. You know where to find me," Geneva said, and left her to her space.

[/html]