je ne t'aime pas
[html]

ooc-ness

The sun shone brightly through the dusty windowpane, which was normally the trigger that woke Lysander up but for once it landed on wooden floor instead of the sleeping brute. Already he was up, had been up for hours, hammering away outside his home. The past few weeks had been spent in solitude, and when anyone had come to his door and sought him out he had pretended to not be home. It was easy, they could knock all they wanted, even call his name like fools, but he only had to keep the door closed and eventually they went away. Not that many came to his door. Lysander had very few friends; or rather he didn’t really have any at all. There were no guys he chummed around with, and very few women stuck around either. Asariel seemed interested, more so than anyone, but purposefully for the past few weeks he had avoided her.

Carefully he set another board in place, grabbing for the nails and drowning out any thoughts with the pounding of the hammer. A shelf. Such an easy task, there was no challenge in building such furniture, and worse yet he knew that even if he wasn’t careful and accurate it wouldn’t matter. With buildings, it mattered, they could fall down. With weapons it mattered, the arrow wouldn’t fly straight or the opponent could get the advantage. Even with jewelry it mattered, one did not want to give his sweetheart anything faulty. This shelf did not matter, but he was lining his back wall with it, deciding that the empty cabin with the trick flooring was getting a bit dull. The whole back wall would be shelving, and then he would display what? Lysander wasn’t sure, but he would think of something good.

Reaching for another nail in the small tin bucket, his hand came up empty and sighing he went back into the cabin. Gently pulling up the right floorboard he rummaged through his store of tools and found that indeed his supply of nails had been exhausted. How thoughtless and careless he had been. He’d have to venture out. He could find more in Halifax, though probably there were some in Phoenix Valley too. Somewhere. Of course, that meant he had to chance running into her. Well it would be quicker, just to run to one of the marinas and check around there. The docks were always in need of repair, as were railings and unless already they had been raided it meant he’d find nails. He’d be back to his own home before any real time had passed. Deciding to risk it, Lysander set off due south, Mirror Lakes Villa wasn’t too far south and the marinas were right on the outskirts of the village. Surely he could avoid her for the next half hour or so. Surely.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Asariel was at a loss for thoughts, for words. Lysander, the one she'd believed to be her friend, had seemingly disappeared off the face of the earth. She wasn't sure why, but if she didn't know any better she'd say that the brute was avoiding her. So, if Lysander wasn't going to come to her, well...she was going to go to Lysander. It was simple as that, really. She walked from the marinas, an expression of determination set hard on her face.

As she walked, she heard footfalls. She stopped and her ears pricked forwards as she listened. It was a male, judging by the heaviness. She trotted forward, feeling hopeful. Asariel tumbled through the thick brush and when she saw him, a grin broke out on her face. Yes, she'd done well. "There you are," she said warmly, her grin transforming to a smile. "Tell me, Lysander - have you been avoiding me?" Asariel had figured out that she was falling for Lysander, and the thought scared her. She knew nothing about this man; and yet here she was, pining for his company again.

[/html]
[html]

ooc-ness

The footsteps that came towards him caused him to freeze and he debated turning tail and going back the other way, but they came with a purpose and quickly, from out of nowhere Asariel was there. Lysander greeted her with an easy and natural smile, as if indeed he was pleased to see her (and part of him was) and he slowed, to accommodate her but still continue on his mission. He had to get nails, didn’t she know that? He walked slowly, for a brief moment guiding her with his hand to indicate she should walk beside him and then he turned his face towards the marina. He was so close, in fact that must have been where she had been coming from. Dumb luck.

“Avoiding you? Don’t be a goose. I’ve been around, you just haven’t been looking hard enough.” His voice was light and teasing, but he couldn’t help but think it was her fault. If she really wanted to find him, she could have, never mind he refused to answer his own door for the last week and a half, he was home and if someone had pounded persistently enough… Anyway, it was all her fault, this whole mess that had him holed up and secluded. If only she wasn’t so nice and fun and pretty then he wouldn’t feel bad treating her the way he believed all women should be treated, but the idea churned his stomach. Guilt and empathy were hard emotions that he was only learning to deal with. “What have you been up to anyway? I’ve been pretty busy, building stuff for my cabin.” It wasn’t a lie, but he at least felt better offering her an excuse, because even if she didn’t deserve all of his unholy attention she didn’t quite deserve to be ignored either, and Lysander was having a horrible time finding the middle ground, the one where Asariel was suppose to be standing.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Bi-colored eyes narrowed in suspicion. She firmly believed that Lysander had been avoiding her, and she was adamant on that fact, no matter what he said. Asariel kept silent for now and walked along side him, relaxing for the first time in a few days. She was restless lately, rarely sleeping. She wasn't obsessed or obsessive; that wasn't her nature. She was so desperate to figure things out, try to know how things worked. So far, nothing was coming up.

Asariel walked along side him, then cast a glance at the brute. "I have been looking, Lysander. I came to your cabin two or three times, and you never answered the door. I just figured you didn't want to see me. Is this true?" She half expected the answer to be yes, but half hoped that it would be no.

It would be no, wouldn't it?

[/html]
[html]

ooc-ness

Lysander perked his ears at the accusations of the women and his irritation grew. What did it matter if he had been avoiding her or not? He wasn’t anything to her, nor her to him. He didn’t have to answer to her. In fact, he decided more firmly to himself, he didn’t have to answer to anyone and he much preferred it that way. Besides, he had already lied to her and told her how busy he had been, that should have laid to rest her fears and anxieties. Again he smiled, so natural and comforting, but inside he was a mess. “I told you I’ve been busy, building things… So caught up in my work, it happens, ya know?”

He moved forward with purpose, one paw in front of the other, his steel eyes rarely glancing over to his companion. Absent mindedly he began to hum and then, remembering the girl he explained himself a little more. “I need to get some nails in fact to finish a project, want to help me look? I think there’s probably some around here somewhere.” His eyes swept the buildings, boat houses. Surely somewhere their were nails. It took a lot more effort than he put on to keep his attention glued to the quest of nail finding than to Asariel, but he had been aloof all his life and so pretending to be now was a piece of cake. For all she knew, he could take her or leave her, and it was best that way. Really.

[/html]
[html]
Sorry for my absence =\ Family issues. It won't be the best..I'm under a lot of stress right now.

Asariel's bi-colored eyes watched her companion as he strode onward, and she couldn't help but get the feeling that he honestly didn't want her around. She sighed and just continued to follow him, staring at the back of his head as she trailed along. She wasn't sure if she was welcomed or not, and she wasn't sure if she believed his whole 'got to get nails' story, but she'd go with it anyway.

She followed him along, remaining silent as she followed to the marina. Old buildings, boats...there had to be some nails somewhere. She instantly began to search for nails, not bothering to speak to Lysander. Her thoughts were swimming and she needed a moment to clear her head. She would speak if he spoke to her, not a moment sooner.

[/html]
[html]

ooc-ness

Lysander allowed her to slip into silence, moving along without speech until they reached the first boat house. Going inside he merely looked over his shoulder to make sure the girl still followed and then began to rummage. Old boards and tools he didn’t know what they were, and then a stray nail here or there that he picked up and set aside in a neat pile, but he didn’t hit the jackpot. At least he was getting warmer. Once the boat house had been searched and he had only seven stray nails to his name he picked them up and reemerged, knowing that even if this boat house had already been raided for the nails he would come across more.

The next building looked more promising, neater, unless perhaps it was only that the one who raided this was building hadn’t tore through it like a madman. And Asariel was still there. Despite his complete focus on the task at hand, she stuck with him. Sighing and smiling at the girl, for his heart softened to her quiet patience, he came closer to her, draping an arm about her shoulder. “So how have ya been girly?” And maybe he truly did want to know, she hadn’t answered him straight before, only commenting on her fruitless search for him. That hadn’t been all she had been doing the past few weeks, had it?

[/html]
[html]
ooc

The young woman continued to search for nails, bi colored eyes searching furtively for the little spikes. She had a small handful already, maybe four or five. She handed them to Lysander and wandered out of the building and into a neater, tidier one. She snooped under an old canvas and looked under some other items, but alas came up empty handed. She shook her head and her dark mane went every which way. She glanced furtively at her companion to make sure he was still near, then she returned to her quest.

She was mildly surprised when Lysander tossed her arm around her shoulders. "I've been looking for you, that's what I've been doing," her voice was soft, shy even. Asariel didn't like to admit that perhaps she was falling for the brute - she wasn't even sure exactly what love was, or what it felt like...but if this could be described, this would be pretty much it. Or maybe she was just turning into an obsessed stalker; that seemed likely.

[/html]
[html]

ooc-ness

Short, short, short. Excuse this.

Lysander fought between the urge to roll his eyes and to push her away. He did neither, yet the urge did not leave. She had already said that, already tried to invoke guilt into the male for being unavailable. Well, so what if he was? And why? Why? “Why?” His voice was warm but surprised, not at the information, as she had already once before given him that, but because she insisted that was all she was up to. Why had she not spent her time on other matters? On her own life, her life that he was not really a part of. And if he was, he only took up the tiniest sliver of her time, he had been sure to make it so, or so he had tried. Perhaps, perhaps pulling her away from the meeting, frolicking with her and having a good time had been a bad idea. Or perhaps the bad idea had been not using her, as women were made to be used, and tossing her aside. Whatever had gone wrong, he was sure it was his fault and by the end of the day, it would be rectified. Whatever power Asariel had over him would be down the drain and out the door, just as it should be.

[/html]