what blind eyes see
[html]

Firefly didn't really know what to think of being back in the lands. She sure as hell didn't know what to think of losing her rank, but it wasn't the first time she'd been in that position and it probably wouldn't be the last with her temper. She knew in the time that she'd spent away from the pack she'd changed a little but she didn't expect it to last. She knew that most things she went through tended to be a phase and sooner or later someone would get under her skin and she'd find herself right back at the haughty cold hearted woman everyone seemed to believe that she was. She didn't try and correct them, those who really knew her knew the truth and she rather like the fact that others thought she was something more than what she was. Too bad what they thought for the most part was the truth and she just hadn't come to realize it yet.

The golden woman slowly strolled towards the direction of the racetrack, the scent of the horses was strong. She had been surprised to find that so many of the packmembers had actually begun to take care of the horses and grow attached to them. The emerald eyed Sadira woman stood gazing down at the padlock below where the horses were frolicking in the late summer evening. She quietly wrapped her tail around her form as she studied them, noticing that the mare that she'd taken a liking to was still just as feisty as ever and keeping most of the herd in line. She smirked at the image before her before she shook her head, wondering if perhaps she should do as the others and see if she could tame the beast.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

Words: 400+

"You'll remember me...when the west wind moves...upon the fields of barley..." Ruri sang Fields of Gold, one of her favorite songs. Though the visual descriptions of the song lost their meaning to the blind girl, the other lyrics and the melody were perfect for singing. Her soprano voice rang over the landscape as she too made her way towards the racetrack, although particularly she was headed for the stables. She didn't know if she would find Heath there, but she figured if she didn't then she might just wait for him to return. These days when the weather was pleasant the delicate Majordomo of Cour des Miracles rarely stayed at her cabin...at least during the day time hours. Everything was how it was supposed to be. Jac was back, although now that the pack was growing she seemed to see him less and less. It was as if he was finding other things to occupy his time with besides his little sidekick. However, each visit he paid her always succeeded in banishing those thoughts from her mind. He was still as close to her as ever, even if he wasn't around to show it as often as he used to be. Besides, she now had lots of friends to be around, some more so than others. Heath seemed to be taking up more and more of her time lately and the more she thought about him, the more drawn to him she felt. He was so nice to her, and he was understanding and considerate, just to name a few of his good characteristics. The feelings she had for him grew with each passing day and as they grew her understanding of them seemed to change. The affection she felt for the coy-wolf was not so unfamiliar anymore. The ivory and merle lautari continued to ponder these things for only a moment as her inner questions seemed to interfere with her singing, something she would not allow.

The petite border collie was quite close to the stables now, her sensitive nose was almost overwhelmed by the scents of the individual horses. It was difficult for her to ignore them long enough to sniff for any of the familiar scents of her pack mates. However, when she finally did manage to focus only on any lupine scents in the area, the smell of someone unexpected was the first she recognized. Doing something she normally didn't do, Ruri increased her pace to a run, being as careful as possible not to trip or injure herself. She had to make sure! Was it really who she thought it was or was her mind playing tricks on her. When she came close that the source of the scent seemed nearby, the slender collie dog stopped, "Firefly? Is that you?" she questioned, her half-folded ears perked in hopeful excitement.

[/html]
[html]

Firefly hadn't really been paying attention to the world around her after she'd reached the bluff. She hadn't really thought that there had been a reason to and truth be told she hadn't really cared if she'd been found or not. The golden lady stood upon the hilltop smiling to herself at some personal little thought while the world seemed to move around her. She didn't mind that the real world was being ignored for a moment as long as she was able to relax. It was rather simple how quickly she was able to settle back into the strange way of things that was their pirate life. Gypsies that had found a place to settle, slowly moving through the land that was theirs though if anyone really stopped to see the pack they would probably be laughing their way home at the lack of organization and laid back nature of their own little world. It didn't matter to Firefly though, it was home.

It never really came to a surprise to the woman though when the scent of another tripped on the winds and crossed her path. She had just raised her head at recognizing the scent when the voice cried out. Firefly couldn't help but flick her ears back. She really hadn't stopped to think what her disappearance might have done to the blind girl who had once been her friend. She tried to push past the guilt as she called back to the other. "Who else would it be Lil' Blue Eyes.." she asked as she rose from her position and moved towards the younger woman who's vision was lost on this world.

Firefly circled the other packmate, letting her tail brush slightly again the younger woman's coat as she chuckled. "Did you think I could really leave..." She flicked her bangs out of her face as she grinned, "Besides, who would keep Jac inline and fetch him when he's wandered too far." She knew that Ruri was always there to keep Jac inline in her own ways but Firefly figured that it was a good enough excuse for returning, even though she really didn't need an excuse. She settled down infront of Ruri as she wondered just where their directionless leader was just now.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

I had Ruri ask Firefly to help find her some warm clothes. It had been something I had wanted to have Ruri ask in a thread before, but had never got around to it. So... like I said ICly, now was as good a time as any XD

The delicate female's tail wagged back and forth excitedly as the voice of her friend replied. Firefly was back! "I knew you wouldn't be gone for long...I don't know how, but I just knew," she replied, her lips curved in an ecstatic smile. When Firefly stopped in front of her Ruri did her best to direct her blind, blue eyes towards the source of her friend's voice. Making eye contact was an impossibility as always, but to at least appear like she was looking directly at her friend was enough for Ruri.

All in all the slate and ivory female was unsure what to say. She wasn't upset about Firefly having gone away, and she was glad that Firefly was back, but she couldn't think of anything to say. The slender female knit her brow briefly as she tried to think of something to say until an idea popped into her head. There had been something she had wanted to ask Firefly before she left. Now was as good a time as any right? "Firefly, this might sound odd to ask at a time like this, but...could you possibly find me some warm clothes to wear for the winter? It's been getting cold lately, and I can't always have a fire going in the cabin. I had meant to ask you this before you left, but I didn't get the chance," she explained, a slightly embarrassed grin on her face. "So...now that that's done...have you been doing alright?" She asked, her soprano voice carrying a tone of friendly curiosity. It was only polite to ask about her friend's well being, and Firefly was after all a very good friend. The delicate optime smiled and waited patiently for her friend's answer. Perhaps Firefly would tell her if something actually was bothering her, but then again she might just tell Ruri that she was doing fine and leave it at that. Whatever the copper and gold woman decided was alright with the kind, collie-girl. It didn't matter really, Ruri was just making conversation.

[/html]
[html]

Firefly couldn't help but smile as Ruri began to speak excitedly at Firefly's admittance that it was indeed her. Her ears perked forwards as she chuckled and sighed. "You could have done us all a favor and been there to talk me out of leaving in the first place you know." Even though her words might have sounded mean there was warmth in the wolf's voice as she spoke them. Her eyes twinkled as she asked, "What's changed while I've been gone?" She figured she needed to figure out sooner or later what she'd been missing thatway anything important wouldn't come as a shock later on down the line.

Firefly had been watching a butterfly lazily wander by as Ruri called her name again. Turning away from the butterfly and focusing on her friend she tilted her head to the side as she began to listen to her words, curiosity getting the best of her as Ruri rambled on about her request. Firefly just smiled at the request and laughed. "Sure Ruri, we can find you some clothes. I doubt that Jac would even know where to look.." She teased, assuming that Jac would have been next in line for the asking. Firefly stood up and brushed her tail along Ruri's shoulder as she waited for her friend to get going. "Better now than never, right?" She turned her face towards the large city that resided in their lands, knowing that they could find something for Ruri there atleast. She was quiet a moment before she went on. "You know.. we probably need to get you some firewood started for your cabin too.." She knew well enough that Ruri wouldn't be able to haul the wood herself and Firefly figured she could ask Leroy since he liked working with wood anyways. She was sure they'd find enough for the young blind girl.

When Ruri finally asked how Firefly was doing the golden woman was quiet for once, not answering the youth for a long while as she truly tried to figure out how she was doing. She finally just gave up and admitted. "I don't know..There's a lot I try and put behind me that I just can't anymore." She wished that she'd never even attempted to leave the pack.. she wished she could see her two boys but they were locked within the pack she'd been thrown from. There was a lot that Firefly just wished she could change and yet knew there was nothing she could do. She wondered if there was more to the pack's feeling than she knew, if she could fix her wrongs or if they were set in stone now. The normally cold-hearted woman had found herself in a bind now and didn't know what to do this time.

Instead of rambling on though she changed the conversation to one she knew that they could laugh about and roll their eyes, even if for the most part it was all a play on Firefly's behalf. "So.. has the King been chasing the ladies from one end of the lands to the other or has something new caught his fancy lately?" She really doubted that Jac had missed her at all and she wasn't ready to admit she might harbor any feeling for the joker of a king that lead them all. Still she turned her eyes towards Ruri in wait.

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

Ruri grinned at Firefly's mock agitation. "I knew you wouldn't be gone for long, so I figured I'd just wait," she replied with an amused laugh. Then Firefly asked what had changed while she was gone. Where should she start? The ivory and slate hued female paused to ponder her answer for a moment before she turned to face Firefly once more, her useless blue eyes dancing in the woman's general direction. "A lot of things have changed. A few new packmembers have joined and some have left. One of the newer packmembers is a very good...friend...of mine," she stumbled over the word friend as she was unsure whether Heath was just a friend anymore. He certainly felt like more than just a friend, similar to how Jac was more than just her friend. "We had a horse race a week or two ago. We invited the Aniwaya pack to participate. Haven won with his horse Drogon! Heath came in third," she paused yet again, thinking about how she and Heath had gone on their first horseback ride together after the race. She'd met his horse, Lumiere, and they had ridden another horse named Stark who seemed to like her. The delicate collie girl figured she would not tell Firefly about that particular event though. "Besides that...nothing too out of the ordinary that I can think of. I'm sure I've probably left something out, but don't worry someone else is bound to fill you in on the other things soon," she finished, now following Firefly at an excited pace, her feminine hips swaying from side to side as she walked behind the copper and gold wolfess.

Her half-folded collie ears were perked forward, listening to everything Firefly said. The merle border collie couldn't help but smile out of excitement, both that her friend was back and that they were going to go look for some clothes. Perhaps Ruri would find another sweater like the over-sized, ratty one she used to wear. She listened as Firefly confessed that she really didn't know how she was doing. Ruri nodded gently and continued to listen as Firefly changed the subject to one that they both could talk about comfortably. "Jac's still been chasing the girls, but he has found other things to do as well. I don't know if you've met her yet, but he has a horse now. THe little thing, named Rue, adopted him after her mother died. She's cute, but she likes to try and eat my hair. Evidentally she rarely leaves Jac's side. That seems to annoy Jac to no end," she giggled, remembering how Jac had spoken about how Rue never left him alone unless he tied her up somewhere. "And of course he's still brewing that moonshine stuff he likes so much. Yep, our beloved king hasn't changed much at all," she smiled fondly as she thought about her one-armed best friend. Now that that was done Ruri carried on in silence for a few minutes as Firefly continued to lead the way towards what Ruri guessed was the city of Lunenburg, which Ruri had yet to explore. The blind girl only knew where it was because she had heard someone talking about it awhile back. The delicate optime couldn't wait to start trying on some new clothes. She couldn't care less about how she looked in them, just so long as they were comfortable and would keep her warm. Making her look good would be up to Firefly, the only one of them who could see what she was doing.

[/html]
[html]

Firefly couldn't help but sigh as Ruri announced that she knew Firefly would return shortly. She shook her head and was silent a moment before softly admitting. "Yeah, perhaps I never should have left in the first place.." She hadn't realized where her loyalties had truly lied until she had left the packlands and now that she had returned she was reminded on a daily basis on what she had left behind. She shook her head and tried her harded to push the thoughts away as she turned her ears back towards Ruri as the young girl chattered on.

She couldn't help but smile as Ruri went on to talk about the changes in the pack, the new members and how some had disappeared as well. Firefly flicked an ear back as Ruri stumbled over announcing that a 'friend' of hers had joined as well. Firefly smiled, not pushing the subject but asking still after Ruri had gone on about the horse races, mentioning a name she didn't know. "Heath?" She assumed that the unknown male might be the friend that Ruri had spoken so warmly about.

When Ruri stopped chattering for a moment as they began to make their way towards the city Firefly chuckled as she admitted. "Well they are probably going to have to seek me out then, I'm not so certain I'm ready to be viving for the center of attention with Jac...but you're right, sooner or later the gossip will find it's way to me." It always did, no matter where one was. Gossip was gossip and it never took too long for a loose tongue to let slip some chatter here or there. Firefly smirked at the idea of sitting about chatting idle with some new found packmate. She doubted that was really going to happen but she wasn't going to say anything to Ruri.

Firefly wasn't certain what they would find when the reached the city but she knew that even if there wasn't anything useful in the stores that they could always raid the homes too. She smiled at the idea of dolling Ruri up but was also met with the realization that Ruri would never really know what she looked like in the outfits that Firefly might just find for her. She frowned slightly and shook her head annoyed that such emotional thoughts had popped into her mind. Perhaps she was getting soft.

Ruri continued on again after Firefly had changed the subject and Firefly couldn't help but roll her eyes and sigh at the announcement that Jac was still chasing tails around the lands. She wondered when the king would ever grow up but secretly she had to admit that was one of the things she liked about him as well. Chuckling at the thought of Jac being followed about by a pintsized horse she admitted, "It's good that someone's kept up harassing our king while I was away, I was worried he'd get too comfortable with me gone." Though her idea of harassing Jac was a little different than what the horse had probably been up to it still served the king right, a comfortable king was a lazy king.

Finally Firefly stopped and announced. "Well, we've found our first building to pilage and explore, hopefully there's some good treasures inside." She said with a bit of amusement in her voice. Opening the door, which gave a loud bit of protest Firefly held it open while she gave a gentle push to Ruri's lower back, guiding her through the door and into the musty smelling building. The place was a treasure trove indeed and they would make their way steadily through it all.

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

The ivory and merle femme shrugged as Firefly stated that she probably should have never left. It was neither here nor there to the petite optime. Firefly was back, that was all that mattered at the moment. Half-folded ears perked in mild surprise when Firefly responded questioningly to Heath's name. She hadn't met him yet? Firefly had been close to Heath's home when Ruri had found her, the border collie had just assumed that the golden woman might have met the coy-wolf already. "He's my friend, one of the newer pack members. He's the Marshall of the pack, in charge of the stables," she replied with a gentle nod to emphasize the truth of her words. Firefly's next responses were absorbed quietly. The ivory and slate hued female figured that she had rambled on enough for a few minutes and that she should just let Firefly have a turn.

It wasn't long before Firefly announced that they had arrived at their first stop. Ruri had figured out that they had reached Lunenburg simply by the change of the terrain beneath her footpaws, but she hadn't thought that they would find a place to search through so soon. This was going to be fun. Ruri hadn't ever really tried on whole outfits before, just her old sweater. This new experience was bound to be fun, if not educational as well. "Is there anything in particular I can help with?" she inquired as Firefly guided her through the door of the musty old building. Ruri couldn't see, but she could help find things in other ways. However, the blind Majordomo wasn't precisely sure of what to sniff or feel for. Perhaps it would be better for her just to let Firefly do the searching. She didn't know, but she was sure Firefly would tell her if she wanted help.

[/html]
[html]

Firefly couldn't help but smile again as Ruri spoke of the male. She flicked an ear idly as she thought on what her friend spoke of. So it seemed that someone had been put incharge of the mustangs that Svara and she had taken the time to carall. She shrugged off the thought, knowing that sooner or later she'd meet the fellow, not that that was a good thing exactly for the guy but she was allowed to have her fun, even if she wasn't she still did. Firefly chuckled softly as she thought of this, "I'll probably run into him sooner or later."" She ended the conversation there, turning slightly to gaze at Ruri before moving along.

When they had reached their destination and Ruri was hovering on the edge of moving on into the building Firefly just grinned, knowing that the young girl had no clue what was about to happen but Firefly felt that she would love it none the less. When Ruri asked her if there was anything she could do Firefly giggled softly, a trait very unlike the golden female as she answered. "Just have fun and trust me.." If Ruri did infact have feeling for Heath then Firefly would make her into a princess and make certain the boy took notice of the young girl.

Taking Ruri's hand Firefly spoke warmly, "Come on, we've lots to do.." Firefly guided Ruri through the iles of clothing as she began to skim through them, looking for anything that might look good on Ruri's figure and with her fur tones as well. She knew that blue was an obvious choice but she planned on finding more than just an array of blue for the girl. "We're probably gonna need more than just coats and sweaters.. so let me see what we have to work with..."

Firefly spotted a lovely wool poncho that she believed would work perfectly for Ruri, she realized then that she'd have to find clothing that had little or no buttons or other strange ways of closing them.. this might be a little harder than she originally though....

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

Just have fun and trust her? Ruri could do that easily. In fact she was already having a lot of fun, and she already trusted Firefly. That made the over all experience quite enjoyable even though they had just barely begun. As Firefly led her through the maze of clothing racks, Ruri couldn't help but wonder what all the various articles looked like. There were certainly a lot of them. This building was huge, or so it seemed to Ruri when she heard Firefly's voice echo slightly within the confines of the structure. She had no idea that there were so many different things to wear. This could of course be blamed on her lack of any real experience with wearing clothes.

The ivory and merle femme cocked her head to the side in curiosity when Firefly mentioned that she might need more than just coats and sweaters. What other things were there besides coats and sweaters? "What sort of stuff do you usually wear Firefly?" Ruri asked, expecting to hear another flurry of words describing articles of clothing that she did not know. That was alright, because she would likely learn very quickly, as it sounded like Firefly was selecting numerous things from the various racks for Ruri to try on. Her plumed tail wagged back and forth behind her, occasionally brushing against the hanging pieces of clothing as Firefly continued to lead her through the clothes building. She hadn't even gotten to try anything on yet, and she was already having fun.

[/html]
[html]

Firefly never really thought much on what she wore or how often she went scrounging for clothing in the abandon cities but shifting through the racks of clothes looking for things that would go well on the young girl's body and just make her look stunning indeed. She would never admit it to anyone but Firefly had a weakness for those few younger friends that seemed to cling to her like burrs, reminding her of the children she'd been forced to leave behind. She almost hadn't heard Ruri when she asked her about what sort of things she wore but after a second Firefly stopped rummaging through the clothes and thought about it, not really certain how to explain to Ruri the type of clothing that Firefly herself liked. The silence lingered a moment before Firefly finally replied. "I tend to wear jeans and capris a lot.. and I like leather jackets, vests and sometimes pants. They're just more fun and they make the boys look twice." She chuckled slightly at the idea as she picked up a few really long cashmere sweaters that she wasn't exactly certain if they were dresses or just shirts.

Looking about Firefly tried to explain some of the different things, assuming that Ruri really didn't know that much about human clothing, Firefly herself was probably an expert since she did tend to spend her time playing dress-up when no one was looking, or even just to make them look. "Jeans, skirts and pants are clothing you wear along your hindlegs and along your hips, they don't always keep you that warm but they look good. Sweaters, jackets, coats and shirts are for keeping your upper body warm but sometimes they are just for show too. Dresses cover top and bottom but they can be drafty about the legs.. and they always make the boys look..I think it's one of the finer points of being a girl." She said with a smirk on her lips.

She had collected quite a few things and now that her arms were loaded down she grinned and turned back to Ruri. "Now we get you all dressed up. You tell me what you like, how it feels and all.." She once more lead Ruri down the rows upon rows of racks until they came to the fitting rooms, they didn't need the rooms but Firefly wanted to see Ruri in front of the mirrors outside the changing place. Letting go of Ruri's hand she dropped the clothing onto a dusty chair and stood before Ruri with one of the cashmere sweaters that seemed to be a dress as well. "Hands above your head Ruri!" she called as she gathered the material up to the neckline and waited for Ruri to raise her arms up.

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

Ruri listened intently as Firefly described the types of clothes she liked to wear. Jeans...capris...leather jackets, vests, and pants: Ruri made sure to remember all of those names, although she wasn't sure why. She knew what a jacket was, and leather...that was tanned animal hide. She'd been given a few pieces to chew on as a pup to keep her occupied when they were out sailing. She had no idea you could wear the stuff. The ivory and merle femme then listened with a thankful expression on her face as Firefly went into a brief description of different types of clothes. After Ruri made sure to repeat the descriptions in her head, Ruri nodded her head to signify that she understood.

When Firefly told her that it was time for her to start trying things on, Ruri couldn't help but smile expectantly, although she made sure to listen to Firefly's instructions. Firefly was helping her, the least she could do was listen and be cooperative. The delicate optime followed Firefly to another room where Firefly set down what sounded like a large stack of clothes before quickly instructing Ruri to raise her hands above her head. "Okay Firefly," she replied while quickly raising her white furred hands up as high as she could reach, which wasn't very high to an average luperci, but Ruri was short...she couldn't help it. Her tail wagged behind her expectantly, realizing that Firefly was likely going to help her put some sort of shirt on first. At least, this was how she thought shirts were supposed to be put on.

[/html]
[html]

Firefly smiled as Ruri followed her command and lifted her arms over head head. Firefly could help but chuckle as she pulled the dress/sweater over Ruri's head and then pulled each arm through the long charcoal grey sleeves. Firefly pulled the rest of the garment over Ruri's frame and stood back for a moment to see how it looked on Ruri. "There.. this well, I'm not certain what it is. it looks like a sweater but it's so long it's a dress too.. and..." she said as she reached behind Ruri's head and pulled the hood over to cover the dappled girl's ears. "If it gets windy you have a hood to keep your ears from freezing." She really didn't know what Ruri would think about all of them but she knew she was about to find out.

The Sadira woman turned back to the other choices in clothing and picked up the large woolly poncho. She held it over one arm as she asked, "What do you think Ruri?" There were still a lot of combination's to make with the clothes and she wanted to show Ruri how things could be layered as well if she didn't think she was warm enough. She smiled to herself a moment before commenting. "We can always get you a lot of blankets for your place as well you know.." There was no sense in just keeping to clothing to keep warm.

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

ooc: Sorry for the short post ^^' I was in a hurry to respond before I got too busy with school

When Firefly slipped the sweater dress over her frame, Ruri immediately liked the soft feel of that material on her fur. "This feels so soft! I really like it," she exclaimed, hugging herself in order to further enjoy the feeling of the soft cashmere. She held this pose for a few seconds even after Firefly put the hood over her head, which also felt perfectly plush. After a few more seconds of simply enjoying the outfit, Ruri turned to Firefly once more, her lips curved in a smile, "How do I look Firefly?" she asked quickly spinning around once so that Firefly could see how the dress looked on every side of her. Of course, Ruri didn't really care how she looked, but she figured that she might as well ask. After all, looking pretty was one of the fun parts of trying on clothes wasn't it?

The collie girl's plumed tail continued to wag behind her happily as she stood there, awaiting Firefly's critique of her appearance in this sweater dress. Of course she was also eagerly awaiting the time when she could try something else on. If everything felt even half as good as this piece felt then Ruri would be in heaven.

[/html]
[html]

Firefly couldn't help but smile. She hoped that none of the others in the pack found out about their little girls night out but she had a feeling sooner or later it would get out. She really didn't care if they knew but she had a feeling they would start to see that she had a kinder side and she didn't want them to think that she was going soft. She wrinkled her nose at the idea but pushed it away since she still had a lot of clothes for Ruri to try on. She thought that Ruri deserved this at least, the poor thing had no clue what she was wearing or how she looked but she was still so excited for it all.

She watched silently as Ruri petted the fabric and preened over how it felt. She chuckled softly and studied the look of happiness on the younger woman's face before she realized that Ruri had asked her a question. Firefly's face softened as she wondered what it would have been like if her little daughter had lived. "You look beautiful Ruri, but you'd look lovely even without the dress." There was a bit of humor in her voice as she watched Ruri spinning in circles.

When Ruri finally stopped Firefly shook her head and moved forward to where the girl stood. "And when you're not warm enough with that on you can wear this." She said as she pulled the poncho over Ruri's head, the heavy wool fabric settling over her frame as Firefly laughed softly. "This just sortof sets over your clothes.. like wearing a blanket.""I have some other types of jackets too if you'd like.. then we can try on some other sweaters and such." She was silent a moment before asking. "Do you want to stick to jackets, sweaters and dresses or would you like a few pair of pants incase it's really cold?" She didn't think that Ruri would have a lot of trouble with the pants but if she presented her with too many types of garments it could get confusing trying to figure out what she was trying to put on.

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

short post just wanted to keep the thread moving. Sorry for the wait ^_^

Ruri couldn't help but blush and laugh as Firefly told her that she looked pretty and would have looked so even without the dress. She of course had no idea how she looked except for what people had told her on occasion. However, hearing Firefly say she looked pretty made her feel really good. WHen she stopped spinning around, Ruri felt Firefly pull another piece of clothing over her head, over the sweater dress. She liked the feeling of whatever it was, and she noted that it had a bit of weight to it which meant it was made of a sort of heavier fabric. Anything that would help keep her warm was good in Ruri's eyes. She hated being cold.

THe ivory and merle female listened as Firefly described the new garment to her as something like wearing a large blanket. How convenient! Then Firefly noted that she had several other jackets for Ruri to try on. The slender optime couldn't help but wag her tail at the prospect of trying on more clothes. Firefly's last sentence was a question that made Ruri think for a moment. However it did not take long for her to decide that having a few pairs of these pants that Firefly had described would be a good thing. Anything to help keep her warm. "Yeah Firefly, I think I'd like to try on a few pairs of pants if that's alright. I've never worn anything over my legs before so it would be nice to have something else to keep them warm." she noted, her pale blue eyes dancing around in front of her. It was hard to pinpoint Firefly's location when the woman kept moving back and forth from the pile of clothes to where Ruri was standing. However, Ruri wasn't paying any particular effort to where Firefly was exactly anyway. The fact was that the woman was there and Ruri was too focused on enjoying this experience to be too concerned with trying to make eye contact. She rarely succeeded in that endeavor anyway, and she wouldn't know even if she did succeed.

[/html]
[html]

Firefly just smiled at Ruri when she seemed to get all a flutter over being told how pretty she was. She had a feeling that she didn't get told how she looked too often. She'd try and make a point of telling the girl more often, she didn't know how it was to not know how you looked but she figured it would make her feel better knowing that others thought she was lovely. Firefly was quite a moment as she just watched Ruri as she felt over the clothing that Firefly had placed on her. She couldn't quite place the funny feelings but she didn't care, Ruri was happy and that's what today was all about, Ruri.

She smiled again as Ruri stopped a moment to think over the question that Firefly had directed to her. She wasn't for certain if they could find any pants that would work well for Ruri in the winter but Firefly would try. She made a small tsking sound as she thought. "Wait a moment Ruri, I'm going to go look for some pants.. You can take those off while I'm looking." She set off down the aisle but to her surprise it didn't take her long at all to find just what she had been looking for. She found some soft pants that had a drawstring at the bottom of the feet and at the waist, something that would be easy for Ruri to adjust herself, and she found some that were a soft fleece and another that seem to be some durable material, what the humans would have called sweatpants. Firefly didn't think they were that stylish but they would keep Ruri warm.

She returned shortly and commented as she approached. "Now.. Winter pants aren't as nifty and pretty as capris.. but they will keep you warm." She stood before Ruri and thought for a second before asking Ruri another request. "Ruri, you might want to sit down to try pants on.. they aren't the easiest thing in the world to put on.." One had to actually see what they were doing or be able to feel the fabric and she thought that perhaps Ruri would be better off sitting down to try and get the pants on in her state.

[/html]
[html]
Still waters run deep

When Firefly told Ruri that she was going to go look for some pants, she also suggested that Ruri remove the current pieces of clothing she was wearing. As Firefly left, Ruri immediately started to undress, removing the large wool poncho first, and laying it down on a nearby empty chair. Then, after running her soft, white-furred hands over the even softer fabric, Ruri removed the sweater dress first by retracting her arms from the sleaves and then lifting it over her head. She laid it in the same spot as she had the poncho.

After she had undressed, Ruri instinctively shook out her fur, allowing all of the individual hairs to find their right place once more. Shaking was harder to do in optime form than in lupus form, but Ruri still managed to perform the action with little difficulty. It was not long before Firefly returned and quickly mentioned that winter pants were not as pretty as capris, but would keep her warm. This was fine with Ruri as for the most part function was more important than appearance. As long as these pants helped keep her slender legs warm, she would be content. Firefly followed her initial statement with a suggestion that Ruri might want to sit down to try these pants on. Of course, Ruri quickly followed the more experienced woman's directions and sat down on the closest empty chair. Now all she had to do was listen as Firefly taught her how to put on these unfamiliar kinds of leg coverings called pants.

[/html]
Firefly stood before Ruri for a moment wondering why fate had taken the child's sight before she'd even been given a glimpse of the world but it wasn't long that she pondered, knowing that Ruri was waiting for her to show exactly how the pants were worn. Firefly crouched before Ruri and lifted one of the blind girl's feet as she slid her toes through the crunched up form of the pants, having compressed them to make it easier to get them on the other woman. When she had slid both of Ruri's feet through the pants legs she pulled the fabric up to Ruri's rump and paused. "Give me your hands Ruri so I can help pull you up and get these on." Her voice was warm and amused, realizing that she might as well as Ruri to assist her than pulling the girl up with no warning.

She was rather suprised that everything seemed to fit Ruri so perfectly but she had gathered items that she already understood. She figured that they could take the rest of the clothes back to Ruri's place and Ruri could try them on herself, but she had to make certain that the pants fit first before they finished up here. She figured that she'd have to go along with Ruri too since she would have way to much to carry.. and Firefly wasn't even certain that Ruri would be able to carry any of it all the way back to her home.
[html]
Still waters run deep

Short post...sorry for the wait ^_^

The ivory and merle female was initially surprised at the feeling of the fabric against her legs. However, it was not long before the slender female was actually enjoying the way the soft sweatpants kept the warmth in. When Firely told her to give her arms, Ruri immediately complied without a second thought. "Alright Firefly," she replied, smiling sweetly. She was so grateful to the elder woman for finding her some clothes. Having warm clothing to wear would certainly make this cold weather bearable. The fact that winter wasn't even all the way here yet emphasized the fact that she would need all the warmth she could find. As Firefly helped her to stand up, Ruri noticed the feeling of the billowy pant legs against her lower limbs. She could feel the pants hugging her hips, but lower than her hips the loose fabric was definitely interesting to feel for the tactily sensitive female. She now understood what Firefly meant when she said that winter pants weren't as pretty as normal pants. Ruri was beginning to learn that Firefly meant that because they were loose and did not hug her every curve they were not as attractive to males. Again, this fact was of little significance to the blind girl. It was simply an interesting realization for the young border collie.

[/html]