dripping with alchemy, shiver stop shivering!
[html]
1. Character Name: Kvæsir Tróstan.
2. Character Birthdate (including year): March 18, 2008.
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci Verto.
4. Gender: Male.
5. Your e-mail: econd.penguin@yahoo.com">second.penguin@yahoo.com

6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): AIM!: stripedmokapi
7. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: James! Big Grin

595 words.

There was a certain sense of allure that surrounded the forest; the trees had began exchanging the normally verdant hue of their leaves for more earthen tones, though as the black and white creature made his way across the leaf-littered loam numerous scarlet patches were glimpsed out of the corners of his amber eyes. While the border collie wasn't too keen on being in such enclosed terrain- his younger months had been spent on open farm land- he did his best to appreciate the explosion of color that was ravishing the flora and take it with a grain of proverbial salt. This was, after all, the borders of the territory that was he hoping to have the fortune of calling home. Though he had been in Souls land for only a few weeks and the extent of the opinions he had gleaned were minimal at best, he had heard that they were more...rustic, as things went, and in all honesty he had been somewhat pining for his previous live-in space, which had been little more than a run-down barn- but still, the differences were small in his eyes, at least for now. He was as wary towards his prospective new pack as they would be of him, without doubt, but with any luck at all that skepticism would fade with time. Wheat and trust both take a full season to grow, of course.

He was not large, as canids go, and the added weight of the black bag that was slung across his ebony back only gave him a more hunched appearance, though its contents were by no means heavy. The majority of his fur blended in with the pack, though it was considerably more lustrous and flawless in hue. His thickly feathered tail was drawn along behind him like a playful flag, swinging side to side in time with his jaunty walk. He had a sprightly edge to his step, and this same sort of lightheartedness radiated from his warm eyes as well, their sienna depths well-glazed and bright with health and youth. His folded ears were pricked with a sort of mild curiosity and though the backpack was held in place by a clip that connected at the center of his breast, he still managed to swing his weight in order to better see what lay to his left or right, or behind him, from where he had just came. He was half-hoping that someone would stumble upon him, or he upon them, for howling was not exactly his strong suit- though a thin amount of lupine blood flowed through his veins, his howls were not comparable in beauty or intensity to that of a wolf. While he was lacking embarrassment of the subject, it would likely take several irritating tries for him to grate out a sound reminiscent of a pup's first meager attempt to alert any of the current pack members to his presence- and he did not want to tarry for too long on any foreign borders for fear that the repercussion would be disastrous. While he of a confident spirit, he was not stupid.

Coming to a hesitant halt in a small grove of conifers, the young male shifted his weight, shrugging one shoulder and drawing up a white paw as to realign the weight of the pack. Black-freckled ears twitching to draw in the sounds that flitted past him, Kvæsir heaved a sigh before lifting up his muzzle and letting out a series of barks, their lengths and pitches varied, but their instinctive meaning the same.

[/html]
[html]
Welcome!!

The insistent tapping that she had been hearing all morning might have been considered a nuisance to some wolves, but Naniko found it to be soothing. She was doing what she did best, grinding and mixing herbs out in the field while she watched over the herds that Geneva had entrusted her with. She'd lived in the city for a few weeks and hadn't been able to find many of the plants due to the territory-wide flooding that the wolves of Souls had recently experienced, but had been able to locate several of the much-needed herbs during her time in the rounded hills that the livestock grazed upon. A downy woodpecker perched on a tree above her head, working its beak against the trunk in a search for insects, creating a hollow, rapping rhythm. She lifted her head every few moments to look about with jade eyes, watching for trespassers or large predators looking for an easy meal.

The brilliantly colored werewolf was in her lupus form, the form that she had chosen to stay in during her pregnancy. She was using both paws to roll the rolling pin when she needed to, keeping all of the powder on big pieces of paper so that it wouldn't fall into the grass. It was important to her to get this done, and she had discovered that she had a lot of spare time to do things while the sheep were grazing. It was really good that Geneva had given her a duty, too. She couldn't usually stay still for too long a period of time...she would have went crazy without something to do. Her time in the city as a loner had been alright, but very boring.

Naniko was just sweeping the last of the willow bark powder into a jar when she heard a sound and her ears perked up, eyes scaling the surrounding area. It had sounded fairly far away, and she didn't know the lands very well yet. The howl hadn't sounded like a wolf's howl to her, but perhaps it was a young one. The thought of a puppy waiting in such a dangerous area made the decision for her and she rose to four paws. It took her only a few moments to get the jars put back into her backpack. She placed it near the trunk of the tree that she had been working beneath with a glance up to the woodpecker, then turned. One final look at the sheep and she was gone, disappearing into the forest.

The canopy overhead obscured the time of day for her, but she guessed that around a half an hour had passed by the time she left the more wooded section of the valley. Despite being active and exercising over the last week, the mother was beginning to feel the strain of the weight that hung down from her midsection, and was traveling slower. She was not far enough along for the strain to keep her from doing her duties but those days were soon approaching, in around two weeks' time.

The Valley wolf smelled the newcomer before she saw him and approached with caution. She wasn't looking for a fight, with the condition that she was in, but she also needed to show that she was a packmember and that these were her pack's lands. She stood with her tail high, hackles raised slightly as she neared to make her appear even larger than she was. "Is there something I can do for you? You've reached the territory of the Phoenix Valley pack."

[/html]
[html]
Big Grin
566 words.

Not unlike the early detection of Kæ that the silver female had gathered, so his own acute sense of smell triggered a realization that he was no longer alone at the borders. Yet the scent was also identifiably feminine, and so, while he was sure to lower his tail and make sure he looked as less of a threat as possible, he mentally relaxed, a broad smile crooking its way across his pink-tinged lips as he took on airs of apparent friendliness. Eyes gleaming, they flickered across the frame of the she-wolf, blinking only once at the firm roundness of her abdomen. There was no subtlety lurking there- she was quite obviously at the point of bursting. She was a beautiful thing, even despite her weight, and he couldn't help but hope for her that all of the added bulk would disappear after the whelping. Still, this unforeseen detail- her pregnancy- was a great factor in how he would have to handle the situation. In a normal, pregnancy-free case, Kvæsir would have little problems at all using his usual boyish charms to achieve whatever outcome he wanted. Averting his eyes momentarily and shifting so that he would seem to be uncomfortable, he lowered into a brief bow of sorts before righting himself and pricking his ears, jowls parting. “Good afternoon, ma'am,” he spoke, white muzzle dipping into a respectful nod. “My name is Kvæsir Trostan; I was hoping to be able to gain acceptance into Phoenix Valley. Are you the Alpha female?” He lapsed into a calm silence, eyeing her swollen belly once more and realizing that she would more than likely have a stunning figure if it hadn't been obscured by nature's little miracles, though these inward words were masked by a thoughtful smile.

Suddenly realizing that his gaze may have been lingering for a moment too long, he quickly snapped them back up and flicked his tail, gently smiling. “If you don't mind me asking- I'm sure you're asked all the time, it has to get annoying after a while- when are you due?” The question was, indeed, sincere, but behind it lurked a hidden inquiry, one that she was likely to not read. She seemed to be heavy with the pups, yet there was no attentive lover at her heels, taking great pains to ensure that she did not over-exert herself or run into sort of trouble. Hell, for all she'd known, he was a raving lunatic, using a customary greeting in order to lure friendly souls close enough to his jaws to satiate a rather disagreeable want for lupine blood. Obviously that wasn't the case- Kæ wasn't really threatening anyway- but he suddenly found a small pit of anger towards this elusive lover burrow down and grumble in his chest. He may not have been the most loyal of men, but if he was promising commitment enough to let a girl get pregnant, he'd sure as hell make sure nothing happened, or that nothing could happen. Like now, allowing her to walk around in her condition- fragile, no, but definitely vulnerable.

Still, for the moment he held his tongue, though his tail lashed angrily- one could tell much about the hidden emotions of Kvæsir simply by watching his tail. While for many others it was their eyes, or their expressions, that told the truth, for him it was not.

[/html]
[html]

If there was anything that she wasn't, it was a fighter. She'd only had to defend herself a couple of times, and most of those times hadn't been against other wolves, but animals instead. When she'd been younger she had been attacked by a badger that she was trying to heal, and if her brother Kansas hadn't been there she wasn't sure if she would have made it. She had lost a lot of blood. She didn't think that she would be too bad at fighting, if she ever decided to train or something, but right now that didn't seem like much of a reality, staring back into the eyes of an outsider found at the borders of her new pack.

Ah, he was interested in joining. That did make things easier; she wouldn't have to drag him through the packlands on a search for some relative that he had come here looking for, or bumble around trying to give him some other kind of assistance. If she had been a longtime member, she might have done something like this... But she had only joined about a week earlier. She took in his bow and gave him a nod in return. He was interesting-looking with his mixed coat; the closest thing that she had seen to a pelt like his was her son Salem, who was black with a white splotch. This male didn't look like a wolf, certainly, with his odd coat and floppy ears.

"I'm Naniko D'angelo--I'm a member here, but not the leader. Before I can call one of them, I'm supposed to ask you a few questions, I think. That was how it was in my last pack, anyway. I...hope they do things the same way here." Admitting that she wasn't one hundred percent sure about what she was doing might not have been the smartest thing to do, but she was honest if she was anything else. She felt content in knowing that he was a would-be-joiner and that he wasn't here on anyone's behaf but his own. Hopefully he wouldn't mess things up for himself.

His gaze drifted down to her stomach a few times before he spoke his question. It was good that he has asked and hadn't kept it bottled up; now she wouldn't feel self concious about his glances downward. "I haven't been asked yet, actually! About three weeks. I'll probably be off of my feet pretty soon, though. I'll have to get some food stored up in my cabin." She thought back on her time in Crimson Dreams, then spoke again. "The first question that I'm to ask you is what your skills are. Are you a good hunter? A good tracker, perhaps?."

[/html]
[html]
O HI. This one is shorter, they'll get longer again. But not so long that I'll get yelled at :3
456 words.

In all honesty he hadn't truly thought that she was a female in any upstanding sort of position; she didn't carry herself with the stereotypical haughtiness of an alpha female. He didn't say anything, however, merely nodded, and remained quiet until she gave quite the enthusiastic answer to his well-meant question. Allowing a grin to surface and his tail to wag, his own speech carried its own hint of delightedness. “Well, congratulations! Is this your first litter?” Shortly before his permanent leave from his family home, his sister Toa became pregnant and while a large part of him had wanted to tear into the future pup's father for not asking permission to court her, an even larger part of him had simply been excited to see the cubs. Though he was not particularly good around the younger generation, it was obvious that he tried his hardest to keep them...occupied, if that was the correct word. The thought of ever being a dad himself was terrifying; he wouldn't exactly be the best role model and would more than likely mess up more than he would achieve.

Upon hearing the question that he had been silently waiting for, Kvæsir hesitated, drawing back his ears with a stitched brow. “Hunting...I suppose I'm about average, there, but I'm quick on my feet. I'd be an excellent herdskeeper; I can cover a lot of distance fast if you have a need for a patrol, or a scout. I've spent a lot of time reading, lately, and I've been studying different things about war and such- battle tactics, as they like to say. I've never used a weapon, but I'm sure I'd learn quickly. I usually do.” He hesitated, a sly smile snaking across his muzzle. “The rest of my “skills”, as you put it, are a tad more...” He frowned before deciding on the proper word, “Unorthodox. For example, I found a half-charred book of notes on how to tell if someone is lying, and I can name all the constellations- I suppose I just have small bits of knowledge on lots of things. And,” he added, corners of the smile twitching into a grin. “I can do magic. Well. Magic tricks. It's quite amusing, actually. I can play little things on a recorder. All in all, I guess the best skills I can offer Phoenix Valley are those that I can learn.”

The warm flush of embarrassment flooded his veins for a moment as he realized that he had just talked for a relatively lengthy piece of time only to essentially tell her that his marketable skills amounted to, well, shit. His amber eyes meeting her strikingly green ones, he offered a sheepish grin. “Next question, please?”

[/html]
[html]
ooc: awww, your writing is fun to read! I just don't want you to get burnt out Big Grin <333 Mine is shorterrrr. Laptop is about out of battery XD but bryan's using the charger .__.

Her hackles slowly lowered as she became more comfortable and she sat down, easing into the conversation word by word. Before her drug issues she had always been very talkative and friendly, accomidating and trusting...but the cocaine had thrown her off balance for a little while. She was getting back into the mode that she had started with before all of her issues in Crimson Dreams, the happy-go-lucky healer that she had been so very proud to be before.

She shook her furry head at his question, eagerly offering more information as it was asked. "My third. One litter did not survive and were born too early, but my second did. I have some children who are about a year old, in a few of the neighboring packs. Do you have any pups?" Maybe he had some that were grown, too, and not with him either. She was having a hard time judging his age, unsure if size was an indication for a breed like his.

"I've never seen a trick done before. Exciting! You gave a good answer--honesty works with me" She grinned. He had answered the question with flair, giving her all the information that she had asked for and more. She took a moment to think about his reply before formulating her next question. She would undoubtedly call the leadership, but there was something that was intriguing her, that she had just thought of asking.
"I'm going to call for them now, but I'd like to ask; what would you say is your worst quality?" She glanced back behind her into Phoenix Valley and lifted her muzzle to the sky, letting out a long howl that would travel far across the territory. She needed Geneva or Jefferson to come now and make the final decision.
[/html]
[html]
^^;
761 words.

As the white female settled to the forest floor, Kvæsir did the same, lowering his haunches and flicking his white-tipped tail around his paws in a way that was not unlike the same sort of behavior that one might see from a feline. He felt dwarfed sitting next to such a large female, but usually size didn't really matter to him; in any of his sexual endeavors it was simply shrugged off. He liked to think he made up for it elsewhere.

Kæ nodded along with her words, giving a condolent frown at the bit about her deceased litter and offering a slight smile at the notion of her now-independent cubs. When she asked him if he had any of his own, however- a question that he had not foreseen- his face took on a contorted sort of expression that was a comical mixture between surprise, embarrassment, and extreme hilarity that may very well have looked as if he was choking on something lodged in the back of his throat. It took him a long moment to compose himself, but as he did so he was already shaking his head vehemently. “I'm not sure if I'll ever want them, actually. I'm not too good with them in general and I wouldn't want to be a failure of a parent. I babysit'd a friend's litter, once. That may have quite possibly be the most traumatizing thing of my entire life,” he added with a chuckle. Falling silent for a moment, the border collie's intense gaze drifting past her shoulder before returning to her features. They can move so fast!” Granted, he was talking about in comparison to their little bodies- he wouldn't have had any trouble catching them if there had been one or two. But it had been a non-luperci litter, and there had been eight of the devilish little things, each adding fuel to the others' flames.

Her seemingly eager anticipation of possibly seeing a trick done in the near future set his tail wagging so emphatically that a the few stray leaves that were lying crinkled around him were either roughed to bits or sent billowing away, their tattered edges snagging on the browning grass. “They really are fun; it took me a while to learn- or to find anything suitable to do them with- but it was well worth it. But I've been traveling for a while, and can honestly say I haven't really been in one place long enough to try them out on anyone. Maybe you'd like to?” Here, the black and white dog grinned broadly. That could definitely been spun and turned into a pick-up line in the future. Interesting.

It was funny how her liking of his “honesty” was mentioned, yet her last question for him could have easily been answered with his lack of truthfulness. He was not ignorant, however, and so knew better than to tell the truth- to buy himself time, he chuckled and spoke once more. “I suppose you can't just be happy with the skills, then, can you? But of course, I suppose everyone has their bad traits. Let's see...” He began, as if the list was going to be dreadfully long. “Physically speaking, I only have a very bit of wolf in me at all, so even when I shift I still stay small. As for the rest, I definitely tend to hold grudges.” He thought for a moment before deciding to leave his slight alcoholism out of the conversation; wouldn't be good for business. “I suppose the biggest thing may be that, because I was born a Luperci, I was just infected- and I'm by no means pure wolf- the virus hit my body pretty hard, and I still shift without being able to control it.” Conveniently side-stepping the bit where this only happens during a point of emotional instability, he continued. “I don't really like my Optime form much- if I was given a task to do, it'll be done on all fours if I have any say about it.”

He listened to the note as it drifted from his silvery muzzle, and found that a smile had been plastered across his features. He had always found the wolves' howls to be beautiful- mysterious, even. But suddenly his inability to howl was the least of his worries; apparently the Alphas would be on their way, and with them would come the decision of whether or not he would be allowed entrance to Phoenix Valley- something that, in true sincerity, he was rather looking forward to.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... famans.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
In the few weeks that spanned between DaVinci's abrupt departure as subleader of the pack and Geneva's quick rise to appropriately take his position, Jefferson had forgotten entirely what it had been like to have the subleader there in the first place. Overwhelmed, Jefferson had struggled to manage the pack single-handedly, only remembering the long span of time many moons past before even DaVinci had been of rank to assist him. When Deuce Rhiannon had left Phoenix Valley to the unwanting Jefferson, she'd left three wolves' worth of workload for an antisocial monster with no leadership skills nor experience to somehow handle. He'd done it. Oddly, he'd struggled this time around, and then Geneva had taken over as his subleader... and nothing changed. He was still busy.

It was a pain in the ass.

Needless to say, the one-eyed idiot was quickly distracted by the lingering scent of strangers, and as always, he took off without a second's hesitance toward its origination. Perhaps he was overprotective of the pack; perhaps, with time, he'd grown to love what he had been charged with, even if the brutish ass wouldn't admit to it to anyone but Geneva (and only after a good share of nagging to get it out of him). Not only one foreign scent tore at the sanctuary's air; two unknown beings were out in his land. What had he been doing prior to taking off like loony from an asylum? Good question.

As if following tendencies, Jefferson burst onto the scene gasping for breath, wild-eyed (well, the eye that was open), and clearly not in the brightest of moods. A long, overdrawn period of staring at them both drew down the madness and smoothed it into a completely puzzled look, after which he snorted and straightened up to a more appropriate stance. "So, I don't know either of you," he began, looking at them both, "but one of you's pregnant and the other one smells like high hell." He rolled his shoulders, plucked his good arm on his hip, and leaned back condescendingly. "Looks like the beginnings of an orgy, but I should get to know you first. I'm Jefferson and you don't live here." Fucking asshole.

[/html]
[html]
._. This thread was so nice before. Mean Jefferson is not liked by Naniko Tongue

She had heard of her brother's departure just after he'd left, but wasn't surprised by it. Davinci had always been a come-and-go wolf, ever since he had come to adulthood. Having raised him for most of his puppyhood, Naniko was one of the few wolves who thought that she had a good understanding of him. They both had gone through a lot, but Davinci hadn't had the same qualities that Naniko had been blessed with. She was giving and kind, and he had been sarcastic and flighty. "Yeah. It was kind of scary at first, being in charge of someone elses' life. But now that they're grown it isn't as hard.."

He explained about his size, something that she could see for herself, and made her an offer on the magic tricks. If he was accepted she would show him around, if whoever came allowed that. At least...show him the places she knew so far. She would explain to him after all of this that she had only been a member for a short time. The only times she had even been in the territory before this had been to see Davinci when he'd lived her, to gather news. She had also met Pendez. She nodded in the appropriate places, giving him a wide smile at the offer of a magic show. "It's something I'd look forward to"

Someone else soon approached them and she greeted them as she would any member who was higher than her on the totem pole, tail curling slightly between her legs, ears lowered carefully. She was no longer the top wolf in anything, and had to get used to that. Now was a good time to start. Naniko hadn't heard too much about the leadership other than Geneva, but she did know that there was a wolf named Jefferson here, the one who Geneva had said that she loved. This couldn't be him, though, from her description. The words that spouted forth from the male's mouth were enough to make her cringe and experience a slight guilt, like she had done something wrong.

In the next moment, though, almost a complete 180 from her previous feelings, she felt angry. She was a packmember, and she was doing her what she thought was a part of her job. Just because he didn't get around enough to take note of those who had taken up residence there....really. She turned from Kvaesir and the previously nice, calm conversation into one that was much different. If she didn't live here, then she ought to just leave. She stayed in the cabin nearest to Jefferson and Geneva's the place that the silver woman had told her would be safe for her and her children. She hadn't been spoken to in this manner for quite some time, and it took her a slack-jawed moment to turn her feelings into words. "Well excuse me--I guess that I should have stayed home today instead of answering this howl. Or maybe not, since apprently this isn't my home. I thought it was. I'm a member of this pack, accepted by Geneva Stockholm."

Just because he didn't know her didn't mean he could treat her like dirt. And who was supposed to be in this "orgy", anyway? There was only her and Kvaesir, unless he was including her unborn children in it. "But if this is the way I'm going to be treated while I'm here, being made fun of and told that I don't live here...then maybe I ought to stop listening to her. She said a lot about the lands themselves, but obviously not enough about the members. I guess I don't owe you anything, since I don't belong here. She said to the scarred wolf. "You question the loner yourself. I'll take off." She kept a calm tone throughout and turned when she was finished speaking, paws taking her outside of the borders and into the surrounding woods. She'd come back later, after her emotions had run completely through her, though this meeting would undoubtedly be stuck in her mind for days to come.

[/html]
[html]
D:
514 words.

Grinning broadly and his tail wagging, Kæ nodded smartly. “Good. If all goes well, I can get this pack off soon and see what I can do for you.” As if to emphasize the irritating weight and chafing that the bag was proffering, he pulled up a white paw and jerked his shoulder backwards with a wince, trying his hardest to get it situated in any way that was not like the current. As he glanced back up towards Naniko, his eyes grazed the land behind her, and then focused- there was a great boorish-looking brute quickly approaching the duo, seemingly come from nowhere and was apparently quite out of shape. He only had one eye; the other looked to be little more than knotted scar tissue, and his own look of bafflement quickly drew itself across his features. This was the leader of Phoenix Valley? A quick glance at Naniko's subservient position was all he needed; though he was not well-versed in traditional pack customs, he mimicked her actions, lowering his head and flattening his speckled ears whilst curling his bushy tail between his hocks. He looked expectantly over at the quite large Luperci, dwarfed by the differences in sizes and, quite frankly, not happy about it.

At his words towards the friendly female, however, Kvæsir had to keep himself from physically recoiling and instead forced himself to settle with doing so mentally. If this was the way that he treated all outsiders, it wasn't too big of a surprise that he had heard so little. Doubtless no one had joined to have stories at all. He felt the well-known tingling of his fur threatening to bristle between his shoulders at Jefferson's snide and then tasteless comments, but, of course, said nothing, merely waited for Naniko to speak- perhaps this was customary? But no, apparently not, for the pregnant wolf was quite obviously enraged with the manner of which she had been spoken to. He quickly realized that it would have been better for the two of them if her howl had reached a different set of ears- this Geneva, perhaps?

While Kvæsir had long since overcome his rebellious stage, he still didn't have a mind that could wrap itself around a thoughtless authority figure, like the one that was standing haughtily before him- and as Naniko stormed away, his stance loosened and he stood slightly straighter, craning his head to full take in Jefferson. “You know, it would have been a pretty useless orgy. Gotta have more females around than that.” His lips twitched with a withheld chuckle; he found his sayings to be pretty witty, even if others didn't (and Jefferson definitely looked like the kind of guy who wouldnt). “My name is Kvæsir Trostan; I was hoping to seek entrance to Phoenix Valley.” He couldn't help but wonder if the majority of the Valley wolves were daft; of course he didn't fucking live here- he was outside of the boundaries, anyway. Yet the border collie kept his placid look, shifting only once or twice where he stood.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... famans.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

maybe jeffason is just jealous of naniko. he needs to get laid too.

The white-furred female ravished this way and that, going off on some hormonal rampage probably resulting from her pregnancy. In all the many caustic words that spat from her mouth, the one-eyed idiot still gained no name or anything similar, but was informed that Geneva had given the pup-toting woman access to the pack. Jefferson could believe that; from the sound of the woman's temper and fluctuating hormones, Jefferson himself wouldn't have had the patience to maintain conversation with a rampaging joiner like she. The cyclops was hardly taken aback by her spite, watching indifferently as she grumbled on and on before eventually storming off into some random direction that the leader had no interest in following. "Huh," he scoffed, watching her go, "Geneva doesn't tell me much."

As if forgetting about Naniko completely, Jefferson glanced back at Kvaesir patiently and heard him out, rather pleased by the fact that he was not met with a second hormonal hurricane. However, this pleasure was not shown; his smirked somewhat, sliding back into his leisurely, normal state of mind. "Yeah, I'm not into guys. Sorry." That said, the Patriarch rolled his shoulders and considered the boy's name, for a moment struggling within his mind as to how to pronounce that correctly. "Odd name. I'm assuming you're not from around these parts." Haephastus, of course, had been from Jerusalem. Odd, how Phoenix Valley was attracting foreigners as of late. "That aside, you want to stay here even after that? I'm impressed, but you haven't mentioned why or what you can offer us."

[/html]
[html]
lame post. >.< sorry.
420 words.

Kæ had been eyeing Jefferson with a demeanor that was a rather strange mix of wonderment, apprehension, and aversion, but the tension pulsing through him had steadily been slacking. Looking up at the ogre of a man, the border collie merely chuckled. “Yeah, I guess not.” There was little else that he could say, but at the same time, he felt that simply by being a stranger he was treading on thin ice.

“A hundred percent with you there, man,” was all the Kvæsir said in reply, getting his point across with as few words as he could. He didn't want to rush the Alpha, but in all truth sitting still while still in a decent mood wasn't exactly his niche- he wanted to get moving, make progress. At least figure out if he was allowed in or not- if not, he supposed he'd backtrack and try and find Naniko, say his goodbyes and head off. Still, Jefferson wasn't too bad to handle, it seemed; all bark and no bite, perhaps? He gave an uncomfortable grunt, nodding in agreement- “Odd names kinda run in my family. I wasn't born too far from Souls territory. Four or five days worth of walking, maybe? My great-great grandmother was from some other country- Iceland? Something like that. You can call me Kæ, if it's easier.” A crooked, half-amused smile crossed his lips, and he chuckled once more, motioning with his muzzle in the direction that Naniko had gone. “Too bad she ran off. I made it sound real great when I told her; she asked the same thing.” He fell silent for a moment, wondering the best way to speak of his “skills” without making himself sound like an incompetent idiot. “Like I told Naniko; I'm only average when it comes to hunting, but I'm quick and can travel over a territory faster than most, if you're in need of a scout, or something of the like. I could be an excellent herdsmen- it runs in my family as well- and I read a lot, so I suppose I just have a a lot of information on a several topics. And,” Here he grew somewhat embarrassed; it was far easier talking to a pleasant female than it was Jefferson, “I can do magic tricks, and play a recorder...they're pretty neat. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I'm a quick learner, so if there's anything you want me to train in, I'll give it my best. And that's usually enough.”

[/html]
[html]

one more post from you and I and we'll close this up :3

Once the ice was broken, conversation came easily. Jefferson wasn't the most antisocial of folks (though he was undoubtedly up there with the best of them); he possessed no social anxiety nor apprehensions of new faces. Jefferson simply existed on his own wavelength, giving attention to intruders on his path as long as they needed it before tossing the fledglings from the nest too early and choosing to watch them from a distance instead. He was a thinker, not a speaker; when he could keep his thoughts and words to himself, he did. The times when conversation was required from him, however, his colors shone. There were no misinterpretations or misunderstandings with the Patriarch's speech mannerisms: he was blunt, sarcastic, and knew how to cut deep. An unsaid master of words, perhaps, but overall just an asshole who was better off keeping to himself for everyone's sake.

He nodded quietly, tattered ears flicking this way and that as the stranger babbled on about something or other that breezed through his head quickly. The cyclops caught most of it, but he commented nothing on the aspects of Iceland or something similar. Kvaesir was a foreigner; that was enough explanation for Jefferson. "I'll catch up with her later," the beast shrugged, glancing over his shoulder briefly as if the white-furred bulbous would still be there. "Not much happens around here, but we could always use more scouts. We have plenty of livestock and horses near the ranch... stay here long enough and you can herd them." He purposely said nothing about the boy's reading abilities, but pulled a rather odd look to his face when the mentioning of magic arose. Angelique played a flute or something, hadn't she? Perhaps she and this one would find company in each other. "Compared to what I usually here from idiots on my borderlines, that's plenty. You seem harmless, so you'll start out at the general Loas rank and work your way up." He snorted and pointed his single eye elsewhere. "Everyone else is nicer than me, if you were wondering."

[/html]
[html]
D: jefferson scares him into near silence. poor poochie.
558 words.

Kvæsir was silently admiring the brusque behavior of the one-eyed beast, though he couldn't help but think that the leader might get more positive results if he went about introductions a tad differently- you catch more with honey than vinegar, after all. Chuckling to himself- cliches were a secret favorite of his- he refocused his attention on Jefferson, nodding and glancing in some ambiguous direction that may or may not have been the route that Naniko had taken after her untimely disappearance.

A large part of him was glad that the pack apparently wasn't too active- he'd rather spend his time making acquaintances or doing something worthwhile than having to worry about what likely-boring events were about to unfold next. That was likely another of his poorer aspects; "group activities" weren't really his forte by any stretch of the imagination. Scouting, he supposed, would probably be one of the better things for him; the running would keep him fit and productive- though herding was truly where he thought the Valley pack would find his skills to be of the most use. Not that it was up to him, of course- and as of right now, he didn't really mind. It was more important getting in then bitching about what his maybe-future rank would be. It wouldn't surprise him at all if everyone helped each other out with their duties anyway; that was how it went, right? Each rank sort of blending into the others? Was it necessary for him to say something...? "That'd be great."

Noticing the change in expression on Jefferson's face at the mentioning of his- well, more hobby than skill- Kvæsir's tail gave a tentative wag and his opened his jaws as if he were going to speak. At the same time, Jefferson didn't really look like the kind of guy that would be impressed with such things. Maybe he'd leave further explanations for Naniko, whenever he saw her next. He thought she would be somewhat pleased to hear that he had been accepted, though they were mere acquaintances. Still, she had been friendly, and for that he was glad.

Torn between being glad that Jefferson hadn't seen him as a threat and irritated that he hadn't, the border collie nodded, quite obviously relieved as a broad grin stumbled across his lips and his tail began wagging in a frenzied motion. He may have great self-control, but he was in no way a wolf, and his body language remained quite different. No doubt the pack would immediately realized that he was most definitely a dog; whether or not that was a good or bad thing remained to be seen."Thank you, Jefferson; I'll do all I can for Phoenix Valley." The words tasted strange, but they flowed without reason for concern, and he smiled pleasantly.

The beginnings of his own snarky phrase was own the edge of his tongue when he bit down- if anyone was meaner than Jefferson, then he might have to rethink his choice. He disliked putting up with assholes in general, though he had a hunch that some of the things that Jefferson would do or say would end up being hilarious simply because of their level of nastiness. Instead he simply laughed, sidestepping and growing rather antsy; his excitement, though calm as such emotions go, was growing tangible.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.