A look at those before us.
[html]
Ty had decided to go to a place he had not suspected to go to in a long time, the graveyard. He remembered seeing this graveyard as a child and not quite understanding what it was. However, even when he was little, he got an odd vibe The eerie stones jutting out from the ground to symbolize that one who once live now has their body resting under that slab. The deathly silence and cold empty winds tended to send chills down Ty's spine. Coming back to the graveyard was no different, it's dark atmosphere and unwelcoming emptiness still sent that same chill down Ty's spine. He wandered the rows, looking at the names of the people, the humans, who had once wandered this earth as it's masters, but now are just a notch in the Earth's memory. Ty couldn't help but be curious about humans, creatures who once lived all over the world, creating things that no wolf could ever comprehend, building cities that rivaled the very creations of nature themselves. The ideals, religions, beliefs that humans possessed had come down to the wolvenkind, but Ty knew they did not share such a creative spirit as those hairless beings before them. No, Ty knew that it was a long way before wolves ever progressed to that level that humans had. But at the same time, did they want to? After all, humans wiped themselves out, and for what? Superiority? War? Conquest? Ty didn't know, but what he did know is that humans were gone, and many of their secrets with them.

But Ty found something else at that graveyard, one of the tombs had been left open, and Ty couldn't be more curious. He slipped inside the old thing, and began to peek around. The dark, dank little hobble was empty, save for two rotten slabs of stone on either side. His curiosity couldn't be more interested in this, and he could see one of the slabs was open, albeit slightly. He wanted to know what a human looked like in person, and although there would be almost nothing left of one, to see it would be an experience all to itself. Checking back outside the little tomb, Ty pushed the slab open slightly with shaky hands, but only slightly as to not damage anything, he'd put it all back once he was done. The sight he saw there was truly amazing, while he was right and there was little left of the body, he could still see many of the bones, and it's skull was still intact. To see a skeleton of a human this close and this well preserved was a rarity, he looked the creature up and down, and began to wonder, what had it looked like in life? Was this a good person? Or a bad one? This was all so exciting and terrifying at the same time, but he knew he couldn't take it home with him, that would be awkward.

but staring at it for a bit longer wouldn't hurt. To see this past civilization in such a state, it could only make Ty wonder even more why it destroyed itself

[/html]
In the mood to rant? lol

Anya was up for wandering again. She was getting sick of wandering and wondering, wondering and wandering. It seems to her that her mind was traveling in circles as much as her paws were. Ty raced through her thoughts, marring her gentle features.

Since she had come to Phoenix Valley, Anya had changed a lot. Her body was a bit more lanky than before, but now it was lanky with muscle, not with stress. As she stretched by a tomb in the cemetery, Anya let the luxurious feel of popping joints and sinews stretching flow through her. Her coat was thicker, less matted, and her eyes reflected the sun better than they had before, with the dull recognition she had first greeted Da Vinci with.

Anya gazed quietly about her, letting her mind roam towards other topics. The humans had had beautiful architecture, even in the burials meant for the dead. Even the tombs meant for those who had been disgraced were almost regal in nature, silent watchers over those who sought silence in rememberance.

She heard a wolf creeping within the tombs, and decided to go investigate who it was. The scent seemed familiar, but she couldn't be sure until she rounded this corner....ah, there we go. Ty was there. Maybe this would be a good time to show him how much his training had helped her... She crept silently along the wall, plotting how she would make her move.
ooc: Nah, just needed to waste some time and give Ty a reason to be there Big Grin

Ty was still looking at the rotted bones of the human when he felt something near the tomb behind him. There was a movement of shadow in the moonlight, playing near the entrance, Ty could tell someone was near. Now that the intruder was close, Ty's nose was already working on sniffing out the culprit, his ears twitched to hear any sign of movement. His eye in this case were next to useless, wolf eyes and dog eyes were rather poor in the dark, and the shadows of the tomb made the line of sight even worse, so he only let his other senses take over.

When the scent of the intruder hit Ty's nostrils, a knowing smirk crossed Ty's lips, his body slowly standing upright in optime form. Without turning his head, he spoke out into the darkness. [b]"Not bad Anya, but you're still missing a few keys of stealth. For instance, one's shadow can give away their position as well, unless you find a way to mask it."[b]

Turning and leaning on the tomb he was looking in, he waited to see if he was right, after all, that could've been wrong, and a puma could jump into the tomb and attempt to tear out his larynx.
oy, sorry. college classes are kicking my anglo saxon butt.

Anya padded quietly up behind Ty, never noticing that her shadow was caught by the moonlight. SHe noticed that Ty had straightened up from his crouch, and grimaced. He had noticed her.

"Damn, you caught me. If there was a way for me to mask my scent, I would. But then again, maybe I wouldn't. It seems that scent is what defines us, makes us our own wolf." Anya paused, then walked out in clear sight.

Her breath caught in her throat. While she had been gone, Anya had thought about all the pack members, and who she had missed the most...it was a toss up between Rendall and Ty. The pup...not so much a pup anymore...was joyful, and kept Anya on her toes. Ty did too, in a different way. Anya couldn't quite figure him out. His eyes showed somewhat what he was thinking or feeling, but she couldn't be sure....

"How have you been? I'm sorry for leaving without a warning..."
Western:
[html]
god tell me about it

"You should have known better than to try and sneak up on me, I'm not the easiest wolf to ambush." Ty said with a grin as he turned on his heel to see the gray wolfess before him. He had missed the girl, though not as much as he thought he would, mainly because somehow he knew she'd come back. Nevertheless, it was good to see her joyful grin and her gray fluffy fur marred and tattered as it was. When she explained how hard it was to mask her scent, he only chuckled and offered a suggestion "Well, if you wanted to mask your scent, usually simply rolling around on the ground around you can help, but that would just get you dirty." He chuckled lightly as he added the suggestion, as that move was only necessary if one really needed to hide.

He raised a hand in dismissal as she attempted to apologize for her absence. "Pah...don't worry about it..." Ty said with a shrug. "You had your reasons, I have no reason to pry, you're just back in one piece, and that's all I need to see." He patted her on the back and then proceeded to lean back onto the cold slab of stone that was the tomb.

"Eh...I'm not doing so bad." He responded with a shrug, making a small discontented snort "I am pretty high rank of wolf now, but lately it's been boring, but I've gotten used to it." He smiled widely. "I got me a cabin now."
[/html]