Child of the wilderness [private]
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _horse.gif); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She normally stuck to Aniwaya's territory when it came to hunting, but today she was looking for a little variation. Ember hadn't come across any outside wolves since she'd run into Gotham, but he hadn't constituted much of a threat really. It had been nice to visit with her nephew, the pup that she hadn't seen since just after he was born. He'd come there looking specifically for her, too, which made her feel good. The female gave the borders one more look, then started off into Serena Reserve. She felt alright with leaving the borders for a short while to go out and look for prey outside.

The dark female was unshifted today, trying to shake things up a little bit, and ran through the woods on four legs. Sunlight streamed down through the leaves above, bringing out hues of brown in her coat, bright green eyes searching about. She lifted her head every once in a while as she went, sniffing at the breeze. Maybe she'd find something good today. She could always shift and carry some home if she got something big.

[/html]
[html]
http://www.digital-bonsai.com/katew/tem ... etable.jpg); background-color:#082A3E; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:15px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:312px;">

Kansas was actually in Serena Reserve for the same reason as Ember: he was curious to see if there was any decent prey about. It wasn't formally his job to keep up with his pack's food sources, but as a more highly-ranked member of Crimson Dreams as of late, he felt the need to take on more responsibility, Just to match his newfound status. Although, honestly, status was something he'd never even expected to gain. Still, he was happy to take care of a small duty and scout around the lovely place, his senses alert for edible creatures large and small. The reserve was so close to his pack's territory that it really was no expense to him. He had only passed through the area on other ventures, without really exploring it; this felt like a good opportunity to do that, also.

The boy paused, his ears twitching into an erect position as the sound of rustling underbrush caught their attention. He gazed into the jaded sunlight, his soft eyes finding the dark form of another wolf. There was something familiar about the way she was moving, and another whiff of the clean summer air told him why. Kansas completely forgot about his task and the careful silence it required, rushing noisily through the trees until he was standing before his sister. Ember, he said with a smile, his tail wagging at his heels. He refrained from jumping all over her and showering her with kisses, even though he really, really wanted to. It had been so long since he'd seen her. Too long.

[/html]
[html]

Though the woman was better known for staying within the packlands she'd decided to stroll across the unclaimed lands instead today. She hadn't seen her siblings in a long while and there was no real reason for her to keep away from them. Even though they'd never really seen eye to eye on many things she didn't hate them. Firefly was just hard to get along with, except for Kansas, her lighter hued twin was her bane to her mean streak. There was nothing that she could do to harm the boy and she didn't think she'd ever want to, though the world changed everyday and she never knew what tomorrow might just bring.

Today though she'd begun to walk along the southern beach of the packlands and instead of continue inland when she'd come to the edge of their border she just continued on down the way, the gentle lapping of the waves along her side made her smile, remembering sadly the day she'd turned away from her once clan and watched her brother and sister head to Eire to lead the forces again the illegitimate claims of the new leader. She knew they would be victorious though she had no clue if DaVinci would stay and lead the people or if he'd find his way back to these lands again. She knew he'd given up more than she had upon leaving.. in his own ways but he'd kept his back turned on the lands and those he loved while she'd ran back to the home she knew now.

She hadn't really noticed when she'd finally turned inland and had found herself wandering through lands that she hadn't set paw in in some time. She shook the thoughts out of her head as she lifted her eyes off the ground to catch sight of a figure, no two that seemed familiar to her. She couldn't help but smile as she called out a greeting. "Look what the cat dragged in.. haven't seen the likes of you in forever.." Her eyes cast back and forth between the two shades so different and yet the two figure having so much more and common than she ever would with them.. just blood tied them now.

[/html]
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _horse.gif); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She did not have her sword with her today, a slight handicap, but she wasn't too worried. She was starting to do other kinds of training now that she had mastered Lightning, and had been focusing on hand-to-hand combat. If she met someone dangerous, maybe she would be able to practice with her teeth. She was hungry, but she would defend herself if it was needed.

The approach of the other was a surprise and her eyes widened. She stopped in her movements, a smile breaking on her face as she realized who it was. "Kansas! Hey! I was wondering when I'd run into you after seeing all your kids. Well, except one. A girl. I've seen uhhhh...Amata, and Gotham." Her tail wagged back and forth and she came forward, nudging him beneath the chin.

The arrival of the other sibling made her wonder if this had been planned--how had all three of them ended up in one place? "Stalker." She said with a joking grin. How long had it been since all of them had been together in one place?

[/html]
[html]
http://www.digital-bonsai.com/katew/tem ... etable.jpg); background-color:#082A3E; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:15px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:312px;">

The way Ember's face lit up with happy recognition was such a beautiful thing to see that Kansas thought he felt his eyes sting. He shed not one tear, but the sudden wave of emotion he felt nearly threw him off. He had not anticipated being so very relieved to lay eyes on his darkest siblings again. Though she was more likely to be open with him, Kansas now realized that he knew even less about Ember than he did about Firefly. She looked healthy, and reasonably content, from what he saw of her now.

At the mention of his children, the boy tilted his head to one side. You came over...? he asked helplessly. Always, always he was oblivious to who came and went, so that even a visit from his own sister was news to him. He shook his head, as if scattering his stupid question away. You didn't see Cambria? Hmmm. You'll meet her eventually, I guess, he added with a smile.

At that moment, an all-too familiar voice lifted his triangular ears, one swiveling back into the direction of the pretty sound. Firefly greeted them with her usual smart words, causing his smile to grow. How odd indeed that all three of them should reunite here. Uncertainty began to cloud his happiness, yet his tail unvoluntarily waved behind him. Yeah, what the hell, Firefly? he teased softly, bumping his nose against her cheek as he continuously grinned like a kindergartener.

[/html]
[html]

Firefly listened to the idle conversation between her two siblings for a moment as she slowly ambled towards them. When they had finally caught sight and sound of her and turned their attention to the golden hued woman she gave a lazy smug little smirk as they began to put her under fire. One brow raised she rolled her eyes and shot back at Ember, "In your dreams sister.." She had little want to actually seek out her sister, they were like night and day and yet in some ways they were so much alike it was bizzare.

She turned to face Kansas as she came to a stop, greeting her brother's affections in much the same manner before sighing softly and letting out a cocky little remark. "I always was the favorite, wasn't I?" She shook off the attitude and just grinned at her siblings before prompting them for more. "Well, what have I missed in your oh so boring lives?" She really was a bitch, but with the past behind them she was nice enough to her siblings.

[/html]
[html]

She hadn't seen her brother in a while but was pleased that she had gotten to meet the little ones. She had also been there after their birth to visit with Savina and ask her for advice...but back then the pups had been super small. Now they were growing up to be fine young wolves. "Yep, that's right. Not Cambria." She felt sure she would meet Cambria eventually as well. Usually family always met up together eventually, right?

Firefly came nearer and she couldn't help but grin. She was high on life right now--it felt good to see them, actually. Maybe things wouldn't have run as smoothly had she run into Firefly by herself (she was still a bit uncertain about how they stood), but with Kansas here things seemed really nice. They could all keep each other in check. "I'm leading Aniwaya alongside Dawali, now." That was really the only big change, lately. "I found a sword and have been practicing weapons and breeding horses there for the tribe. What have you been doing, Firefly? I didn't know you were still around, even"

[/html]
[html]
this post be weird. :o 300 +

Kansas didn't even know how long it had been since he'd seen Ember. The very fact that he didn't know was enough to shame him. She looked different to him, somehow; matured, wiser. He could tell something had changed about her without being able to put his finger on it. But he knew it was good. As for Firefly, she returned his greeting in the same way he might have expected, but her next words were harsh and made him want to cry. He'd always, always love her. He just wondered if her harshness was because of things that had happened to her. Things he didn't know about, and could have prevented. His eyes fell to the earth at his feet. Perhaps Firefly would be able to tell he was disheartened, but he didn't expect her to try and do anything about it.

The boy could also tell there was some tension between his sisters. He didn't know where it came from, but he could almost taste it in the air. Perhaps this reunion wouldn't be as wonderful as he initially thought. He contented himself with listening to Ember's accomplishments. A forced smile appeared upon his velvet lips. He truly was happy for her, proud of her. But a sudden poison had infected him, and he no longer felt entirely comfortable. He wanted them all to be okay. To be as careless as they had been as children. That's great, Ember. I didn't know you were helping lead Aniwaya. Actually... I didn't know any of that. He paused then threw in a random, perhaps out-of-place, I want a horse. Kansas looked sidelong at his twin, his large eyes almost pleading for her to say something about herself that would make him happy. Fuck, how he longed for her to be okay.

[/html]
Firefly just smiled mysteriously at her siblings as she watched them, chattering away at the way their lives had turned. She really hadn't expected much of anything but she was surprised and impressed to find that Ember was leading a pack, none other than the strange tribe that had appeared when she'd been part of Dahlia de Mai. She raised a brow as her sister asked her what she'd been up to. She just shrugged as she'd left the comment about being surprised that Firefly was even still in the lands. Instead of tell the outright truth she fibbed a little, which was almost expected of her. "DaVinci and Zana went back to the clan in Eire, they didn't need me. Besides, who was going to cause trouble about here if I left. Certainly not you two." she smiled sweetly at her siblings as she flicked a leaf off her shoulder before looking back to Kansas as he spoke on another subject.

She hadn't realized that her brother actually had any interest in the ways the humans use to live, normally the packs about here used very little of the human artifacts and ways of life but it seemed there was a change happening, perhaps the Tribe had something to do with it. "Cour des Miracles has acquired some wild horses recently... if you wanted to come take a look.. perhaps one of the pack can assist in training and you could learn to ride and care for one of them." She didn't think that the pack would care if she allowed her sibling to choose a horse, she had been the one who'd helped to gather the creatures and herd them into the pack's fenced in property. They were still wild for the most part but a few had begun to trust some of the wolves. In time perhaps they all would.