Help in choosing future second character?
Both of these are females, are both would be for the AniWaya pack. I know I won't have difficulty playing either one, and both already have images, etc. These are just examples of the personalities and histories; I write a lot more, but I have quite some time until I can actually apply for one XD I hope one of the mentors likes at least ONE of them; they are characters in the works but I'd like to just have one set in mind ^^;

[html]FEMALE #1:

Name:Ehawee Zihna
Meaning: "laughing maiden spins"
Luperci: Ortus
Pack: AniWaya

Physical description:
Lupus: 29"; 124 lbs.
Secui: 35.5", 166 lbs.
Optime: 6'7",; 209 lbs.

A mainly silver coat, as in one that is a nearly even mixture of gray and white hairs, giving a glowing effect (not in the sense of like..she has an AURA, but just that it looks healthy). The fur darkens along her back and tail, and the tip of her tail is a smoke gray. Her ears are a light tan color, and her eyes are mainly gold, though in various lights they might look like honey or caramel. She is quite slender, and her limbs are long and clean-cut. When in Optime form, her curves are dainty and her hair is a mix of silver and auburn.

Accessories/clothes: Necklace made from silver beads with a turquoise pendant, beaded leather knapsack. Black and red feathers adorn her hair, which is always pulled back and clipped by a silver medallion-esque hair piece.

Guide: Lynx named Nixkamich. Her relationship with him is one of a patient grandfather with an overzealous child. He is firm and unyielding in his demands, but helps to shape her into who she needs to become. Various meanings for a lynx spirit guide include tolerance, independence, self-reliance, and discernment.

Personality: More than a bit eccentric, Ehawee is by no means obsessed with your usual run-of-the-mill things- it is mainly death that catches her fancy and intrigues her, and she has little problems with slicing something open to examine it. Because of her young age, she is extremely naive about most of the world, and if asked about things like sex she would only know the most technical aspects of it, and anything drug related would leave her at a total loss. Though she has learned to be somewhat patient, there are many times when her demand for instant gratification causes her to be rather annoying. Her strange ways, however, have so far condemned her to a lonesome life. When she is older, I plan to have her become highly religious and respectful towards the dead.

History: Before she began to form her own opinions, she feared the thought of death, feared the way it made a body bloat and reek like some dank thing that had never been- but when she was six months old, just after she was able to begin shifting, a nest of baby robins was tossed from their branch during a storm and the hatchlings died. When Ehawee stumbled across them, she was amazed at the cold little bodies- she had never seen a dead thing up close before, not whole- and so she snatched them up, and placed them in her leather knapsack, and took them home, where she cut them open with her father's hunting knife, simply to see what they were like on the inside. For some time she was only able to find dead things and cut them open, as she was a gentle soul and couldn't bring herself to kill something for research, but once, when she was nine months old and on a miniature expedition with her twin brother, they stumbled across a strange human place, one that was filled with a whole manner of sharp and shiny objects. Among the many things she found there was a scalpel handle and a small pouch made of some synthetic material that held five blades, each with different angulations, and a very thick book that was decorated with hundreds of full-color pictures and showed images of canines and lupines and their insides, along with those for avian and feline species, as well as various others. Armed with her scalpel and her veterinarian handbook, she's been ravaging pre-dead bodies ever since.

Skills: She has slowly learned how to read, but only a little, and relies mainly on pictures to guide her through the text. Has good knowledge of basic medicine things, and could be called above average for her age with herbal remedies. Excellent with horses. Some experience with a bow but is better with a slingshot.

Pack goal: Gola Watsi/Bone Bearer.

--------------------------

FEMALE #2:

Name: Sooleawa Taigi
Meaning: "silver moon"
Luperci: Ortus
Pack: AniWaya

Physical description:
Lupus: 35"; 155 lbs.
Secui: 44", 194 lbs.
Optime: 8'3"; 340 lbs.

Her coat is one that is nearly all white, though age has faded bits yellow or gray. The skin is loose around her lips and throat, speaking of her great age. Her tail is exceptionally thick; perhaps to adapt to the many puppies that have spent their time gnawing on it over the years. Her nosepad is liver-colored, and her eyes are a striking violet. When she was younger, she was fit and wore her size well,but has recently started to look less toned and more gaunt, though she is still clinging to her youthful spirit. When in Optime form, her hair is a beautiful silvery-white, and hangs in thick curls that are hard to plait.

Accessories/clothes: Necklace made from silver beads with a turquoise pendant. Black and yellow feathers adorn her hair, which is always pulled back and clipped by a silver medallion-esque hair piece.

Guide: Wolverine named Demonthin. Her relationship with him is far more casual, as, being of a highly spiritual nature, she gained her guide early on and has been putting up his his sarcastic and often irritatingly cold attitude ever since. When she was younger, he frightened her greatly, but since has learned to ignore his behavior. Traits associated with having a wolverine guardian include tenacity, ability to regulate balance in relationships, knowledge of how and when to respond to situations, resourcefulness, endurance, emotional/physical balance, and spiritual understanding.

Personality: She is a reliable source of constant encouragement and seems to be able to speak only the language of love to her comrades and strangers alike. She is of a strong spirit, as she as been through more than her fair share of life-shattering instances, and has very little problem letting her opinion be known- as she is wise with experience, it is often a good idea to let her share her thoughts, as she may able to offer a better solution. She was born to be a mother and teacher, it seems, as she tries to do both to everyone, no matter their age or rank. She adores pups, but believes that many in this day and age are not raised properly, with the correct sort of guidance they need to build their own moral system. Because of her great size, even now in her elder years she has no qualms with stepping between two wolves in a fight, and the scolding would be both severe and memorable.

Ailments:Has bad arthritis, which acts up during the winter months. Isn't as quick with reflexes as she used to be.

History: I have it written, but it is extremely long. Essentially, she raised her mother's second litter, has had two mates and a total of ten puppies with them, five of which are deceased. The mates are deceased as well. When she was a bit older she stumbled across a male whose mate had died, leaving him with four pups, which she then adopted as her own. As the last four matured, she was able to begin her own life, and has overcome her hardships and now lives in Souls. I'm hoping to somehow have her lived near to AniWaya territory beforehand.

Skills: Would be an excellent midwife. Has a great amount of knowledge of ailments and their remedies.

Pack goal: Nvwoti/Priest, or even Ookah/Great Priest.
[/html]

I think you have two interesting characters right there. Since I'm selfish I'll just say that I think it would be interesting for Dawali to have your younger character join the tribe, seeing as he is by profession a Gola Watsi himself. Of course, that rank was dropped when he gained the Kalona rank since one cannot have both, but he is still a functioning medic and Gola Watsi. There is currently no other Gola Watsi, and someone has to do it when it's necessary!

The old character is also interesting, perhaps simply because she is so old. We have some oldish characters at 'Souls, but I don't think we have anyone as old as that? My only question would be how she would function well, with arthritis issues? Is she able to hunt or participate/help somewhat in collective hunts, does she trap, etc? Also, as far as I understand, you want her to have been influenced by AniWaya;

Quote:I'm hoping to somehow have her lived near to AniWaya territory beforehand.

By this, do you mean the old or the current Aniwaya tribe? That is, the tribe as it was before it came to 'Souls? If so, that would perhaps explain why she has a spirit guide without previously having been a member (from the history outline you've drawn). Also, you are free to for example write her history as if she has been a part of the original AniWaya tribe before they moved to 'Souls (lookie here if you haven't already: http://aw.soulsrpg.com/history.html).

AniWaya stuff aside, I think your characters are nifty. I'm wondering though - at that age the young character has just recently gained the ability to shift. The cutting of dead things; it would have begun only after she's learned to shift? It's kind of hard to do without hands. I tried finding anything on when -exactly- pups can shift, but I couldn't find any - does anyone else know? I believe it's around 11 months anyway, it could perhaps hinder your history development a tiny bit, but just making her older would fix that I guess. Other than that I think both your characters are well-developed, at least at first glance :]
Quote:Luperci puppies usually begin shifting at six months of age, but shifting may delay until sexual maturity.

From the RP Guide, under Life Cycle. :3

Interesting characters, but I'm just popping in to answer Marit's question. =D I like both, and think the second one is very interesting, however.
[html]Would Dawali be willing to mentor her, perhaps?

As for the older girl; she'd be to participate in hunts while it's warm outside, but she'd most likely be near to useless in the winter, unless someone taught her to trap. Granted, she'll do whatever would need to be done for AniWaya, but she would definitely have some physical limitations. And that was exactly what I was thinking of doing, I'll just have to figure out a way to make it sound good and not totally ridiculous, which was how my first try went XD

Any other thoughts? ^^;
[/html]

they both sound cool, but i have a tendency to lean towards creepy and thus i like the first one best 8D
Dawali would very willingly mentor her - he's a nice guy and likes doing nice things. He's very predictable and boring like that Wink

And I can never decide on whether I lean more towards creepy, or old & interesting. But the older character sounds extremely compatible with Dawali xD
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna choose the old girl ^^; She'll be fun and will hit pesky young adults who think that they're hot shit with a walking stick or something, hah XD

Thanks for the help! <333