i don't believe in fate
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... tokyo3.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding:15px; padding-bottom:0px;">
so yeah this took me forever to start, sorry, please don't hate me. D: 348 words. backdated to 9/2 if possible. :3

Tokyo was so not not not happy. Princess still hadn't shown her face. Yeah, Addy was pretty awesome, maybe even preferable, company-wise... But Princess was her daughter. Addy was flesh and blood too, but it was not the same not the same. She was tired of waiting. She was going to figure out whre the hell her daughter was, then drag her back kicking and screaming if that was what it took. Before she went to the leaders, though, she would follow up on that one clue. It was a name: Colibri, her daughter's "friend" who had even offered a sleep over.

Tokyo wasn't a leader, but she had a bit of rank, and now was a fitting time to pull it. Wandering around the territory looking for someone was a terribly inefficient way to go about this, anyway. So she sat down before her den, and let out a short, clipped howl, requesting the presence of the wolf she didn't know whose name her daughter had spoken. She had intended to confront her anyway, way back when. But now there was more at stake than someone possibly meddling with her daughter. Someone might have taken her daughter. What if she was in danger? What if Buttface had come back, what if he had stolen her away, what if he had hurt her, what if he had twisted her against her mother? Her heart rose in a fluttering panic. But that was just ridiculous. First, she would deal with this strange female who thought it was a good idea to try and steal away Princess' loyalty.

Her call made, all she had left to do was wait. She thought of curling up with a nice book, or dozing on the porch to her beach-side cave. But this whole thing was too stressful, and her imagination had run away with itself, giving life to new terrors that now lurked the corners of her mind. So instead the Dahlian woman paced, back and forth, paws following the soft grass on the very edge before it gave way to the sandy shore.
[/html]
[html]

WC: 551
Oh, pshaw. I'm totally happy to have slower-moving threads. I'm being buried by fast repliers... @_@ And the date is fine, that still makes this Coli's most recent chronological thread. Smile

Colibri Haki had been taking things slow, after the whirlwind of events in her tumultuous life. Last moon she had admitted that she had fallen in love to her paramour... and then days later, the guilt and pressure had become unbearable, and she had half-heartedly attempted to end her own life. But a mysterious stranger had saved her, and here she was, still alive after her third brush with death. She had been too ashamed to flee back into the arms of her lover, not after succumbing to such a temptation. She really didn't know what to do with herself at this point... She was a confused young woman.

She had finally slunk back to Dahlia de Mai, where the enticing scent of lavender nearly led her into the jaws of a metal trap, and sulked in her neglected garden. She knew Henratha the carpenter had completed the construction of her greenhouse - she could see the silhouette of the sturdy building through the trees - but he had never come to tell her it was finished, and so she felt as though it was off-limits until he gave her permission. Perhaps he had discovered one of her dirty little secrets, and didn't want to see her anymore. Like the fact that her first love was an older woman from another pack. Or that she had some severe daddy issues. Or that she had wrestled with depression for most of her adult life. Any of the above...

A cold shiver raced down the timber wolf's spine as she heard a curt, imperious howl. Her ears flattened instinctively, blue eyes round as saucers. What had she done wrong now? She had never been summoned directly this way before, and she did not recognize the female wolf's commanding timbre. It was not her friend Cercelee, for sure, or her dear auntie Mew, who had been suspiciously scarce the past few moons... No, this was someone new, and someone of a higher status, so she'd better answer quickly. The chocolate-furred Lupus tipped back her sleek muzzle, replying weakly before rising to her pale-cream paws.

Did this have to do with her visits to Crimson Dreams? Was it fraternizing with an enemy pack? They had all seemed quite nice so far, so that couldn't be it. Although the two coyotes she'd met from Inferni had been nice to her as well... Wilting, the slender wolf padded with her head hanging low, obediently - but reluctantly - drawing nearer to whomever had called her. "Please let it be a mistake," she murmured under her breath, her earthy-brown fur damp and matted from the morning drizzle. She smelled of dirt and flowers from having languished around outside all day. She really wasn't presentable, but she didn't feel she had time to shift and clean herself up... This wasn't going to go well. She could just feel it.

She slowed to an anxious halt as soon as she saw the pacing figure, framed by the shoreline and lit by the sun. She did not recognize this wolf of dark greys and browns, and the salt of the sea had pervaded the air, deadening her scent. Coli cringed, tail curving betwixt her haunches as she stood out in the open, waiting to be noticed. This definitely wouldn't go well.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... tokyo3.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding:15px; padding-bottom:0px;">
well i am currently definitely a slow replier.. >_>;; 363 words

Tokyo heard the responsive howl, glad at least that this strange female was prompt and receptive to her call. It raised her opinion of the other, if only slightly. She was too suspicious, too high-strung with concern to be very benevolent in her estimation of others. Her first real impression, once this "Colibri" approached into range of eyesight, was not a good one. Her fur did not look well taken care of, and she smelled.. earthy, like she'd been digging around in the soil? Weird. Her tail was tickling her belly, which at least meant she knew her place, but if she had strutted up all confident-like, Tokyo wasn't sure if it would have been annoying or make her respect the stranger more. As it was, the sight of this dirty, messy stranger made her stomach churn, a little. What if Colibri really was the one who took Princess? God, her daughter was so much more beautiful than this brown muddy girl. She would not be a a good influence!

"Colibri?" Tokyo asked stiffly, to confirm. Her tone was not angry, but was very formal and clipped, slightly cold. "Where is my daughter, Princess?" She clarified, because they hadn't met. And while Tokyo was completely sure that Princess would talk about her frequently, given how close they were and how much they loved each other, there was no reason to assume that Colibri would recognize her by sight. She didn't really look very much like her daughter, anyway. Princess' looks skipped a generation, jumping straight from the winsome Ophelia to her eldest granddaughter. Tokyo had stopped pacing, but had not approached the other, preferring her position slightly uphill and upwind of the other. The sun illuminated her elegant form, anyway, which was a cool effect if she did say so herself. Her fur was particularly silky and well-kept today: she had done nothing but fret at it since the morning drizzle. It was calming to her nerves, which had been all a'twisted during the majority of the day as she was trying to figure out the best course of action to take to rescue her daughter from whatever situation she'd been caught in.
[/html]
[html]

WC: 301
<3 It's all good with me, seriously!

Her chocolate-brown ears were plastered against her narrow skull, shoulders hunched to make herself look even smaller than she already was. She was right, this was bad, nothing friendly was written in the lines of this unfamiliar packmate. The dominant wolf spoke curtly after a quick once-over - her voice was as cold as her eyes, making Colibri shrink even lower. Her cream paws shuffled anxiously, drawing her unwillingly nearer to this Luperci she had never seen before. Her full name sounded like an insult, coming from the lips of this imperious stranger.

And then it sank in, the simplicity of her request. Princess, the cute young girl that she had met in the vineyard, the one who was afraid of displeasing her mother after her first Shift... no wonder she was trying her best to please this woman. She was already terrifying, and she wasn't even angry yet!

"P... Princess? She... hasn't visited me in some time. I haven't seen her," she mumbled, gaze burning a hole in the ground. Could she leave now? Was that all? She didn't want to get the girl in trouble, but she wasn't sure how else to answer. Princess never had come over for that sleepover, or to see the flowers in her garden, so Coli had assumed that she was forgotten. If something else was the case, she was not aware. She could only hope that... erm, Mrs. Chance... would believe her. She had no credibility, though, and not enough self-esteem to stand up for herself. Her own abusive single parent had beaten the spirit right out of her. Now she was simply paranoid that Princess's mother was cut from the same cloth as Haku... in which case, she'd be in trouble. Bullies always preyed on those without the confidence to reject them.

[/html]
[html]
<3 338 words

Tokyo instinctively felt that Colibri was lying. She couldn't put her finger on exactly why. Maybe it was her stuttering, hesitant tone? She was a bad liar, if that was the case. The secret to the lie was all in the tone. It didn't matter whether what you were saying had any grain of truth in it if you spoke it with confidence, or grief, or excitement - whatever people expected to hear. You never hesitated, unless you were trying to pretend to be sharing something with reluctance, and that only applied when "admitting" something. Colibri was merely denying that she had any hand in the matter, something that should always always always be spoken with confidence. Poor girl, who never had anyone to educate her on lying. Tokyo, of course, hadn't needed a teacher; she was smart enough to figure it out on her own. But not everyone could be so brilliant. Even her own daughter, her lovely, missing daughter, had required some tips on the matter. She basically just didn't trust the chocolate girl. Why did she cower like that? Her entire body language screamed "guilty." She reeked of fear.

"When did you last see her? How did you meet? Why did you invite her to a sleepover?" Interrogating further. She would keep pushing until Colibri confessed. She must know something. No innocent wolf would look like that. Disgust rose in her, not just at the crime she believed the other female committed, but at her absolute failure to at least pretend to be innocent. It was the disgust of a professional chef watching someone fuck up cooking mac and cheese. It really wasn't that hard of a thing for anyone to do, and it got under Tokyo's skin like few things did. She was often easily offended, but usually because of personal insults, or at least comments she took to be personal insults. It was much more rare for her to be offended in a general sense, like this, over the principle of he thing.
[/html]
[html]
WC: 334

Colibri had not always been a timid creature, but the older she grew, the more fear ruled her life. Her youthful confidence was a distant foggy memory. Now she preferred to keep her head down and follow the rules. It was easier for everyone if she did not draw attention to herself. She was bad at socializing anyway -- she always said the wrong thing, if she could speak at all, and it was impossible for her not to make a fool out of herself. It puzzled her why anyone wanted to talk to her in the first place, or why they didn't give up as soon as she started stuttering.

"M-madame Chance..." she stammered, trying to be as formal as possible without making her angrier -- oh gods, what if she had a different surname?! -- "It's b-been a while since we spoke. I approached P-princess the day she f-" Here she caught her tongue, about to say "first shifted". That could be a trigger. Unpredictable wolves were like mine fields, one misstep and she would pay dearly. "...Found... her red and white dress." There, that was true as well. She had not lied once. Surely this dominant woman would notice her obedience...?

A tiny flicker of passive aggression flared in her chest, as Coli glared icily at her paws. If Anu were here, she would put this bossy woman in her place! Anu was a pack leader, an alphess, light-years above this packmate. That would show her. She thought of mentioning her father's name, but with her luck, he would be summoned too and join in the fun. He would certainly be the last to defend her, worthless daughter she was. The brown-furred timber wolf glanced up, sullenly responding, "I thought a sleepover would be fun. I didn't know if she had any girlfriends here in the pack. I don't really." She had relatives, but not friends... Not anymore, since clearly Princess wouldn't be allowed to visit even if she wanted to.

[/html]
[html]
407 words

Madame Chance? Well, it was formal and respectful-ish, but really, "madame"? She was certainly more of a "miss," children or not. No "madame" had such a gorgeous, healthy-looking mane or such a great taste in beautiful clothing. She didn't feel like correcting her, as the matter with Princess was more important, but it certainly soured Tokyo further against her new chocolate acquaintance. Tokyo couldn't be bothered to remember when Princess had found that red and white dress. As far as she knew, her daughter had just had it forever. Once she started shifting, she had just started wearing that a lot. It was gone, now, a miniature absence simply adding to the gaping hole in her den that Addison wasn't really filling.

It would certainly have been interesting, had Tokyo known that this woman before her was Haku's daughter. She didn't think it would change her opinion of the other creature at all, but it might inspire her to go and complain about her behavior to her most favorite of all the leaders. She hadn't met Cercelee, and Cwmfen was a very cool person, but Haku had a very good head on his shoulders. He not only recognized her beauty, but appreciated her for it and always spoke very charmingly, lots and lots of compliments. Truly, one of the best males she had ever met. She wouldn't believe that a charming fellow like him could have a rude, abrasive daughter like this if not for the fact that she herself had given birth to someone like Buttface. One set of good genes just wasn't enough!

Friends were overrated. All one needed were people you could get stuff out of, although usually it was more tactful to refer to those people as "friends." Princess certainly didn't need anyone, not when she had her mother there to always look out for her! Tokyo had the connections to get them whatever they wanted. Was Princess trying to manipulate this Colibri, to get something out of her? It was.. possible, but she should have told her mother, shouldn't have gone behind her back like this. "So you haven't seen her at all lately?" Tokyo persisted as if repeating herself would cause Coli to break down and admit her lies. "I don't want you hanging around with her, but if you run into her again I expect you to come straight to me and tell me when and where and what she was doing."
[/html]