Such hidden surprises
[html]
http://www.digital-bonsai.com/katew/tem ... medead.jpg); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:242px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
OOC let the mineing begin! words 261

Even thoug Leroy had talked to Ayita about the pups, pups, it words seemed so odd in his mouth yet at the same time he was letting it settle. The fear was still there in his gut and settleing but it wasn't as bad nor as overwhelming as the day she had told him, Leroy's fear was many different thoughts in his mind: Will they be healthy,will Ayita forgive him, how can he be a father, will he be a good father,will Ayita be ok and so much more.

Taking a breath Leroy's black and white body plopped down on a large rock as a cool wind blew agianst his patterned pelt, thinking was good and bad at the same time. Rubbing his hand through he growing hair Leroy closed his eyes, it was time that he should cut his hair again. Scratching at his ear for a moment the husky's mind was blank and empty as he looked at the rocks and forest around him. Ears fanned forward as a cave opening caught his eye through the trees, maybe he should peak around, though oddly his curoisety tugged at him for a moment.
[/html]
[html]

Firefly really had no clue what had brought her to the mountainside, maybe it was the thought of getting a little revenge on the clan if she happened to find one of their members outside the sanctuary of their own lands or possibly even the idea of just finding something new. She hadn't found anything new per-say or even a clan member, all she'd found was the endless darkness of caves and holes in the ground. Oddly enough though she'd discovered something strange about a set of caves in the area. She'd been exploring down the caverns and to her surprise the tunnels had been reinforced with giant beams of wood and there were metal tracks down the center of the cave system, like those huge machines in the city rolled upon.

She found it odd but she hadn't thought too much on it until she had located a mining cart in the back of a dead-end tunnel she'd been following. She'd moved infront of the cart and had pushed against it, the contraption barely moving having been loaded down with rocks. She frowned at the idea and leaned against the frame to see how big the rocks were. Her added weight on the outside of the frame cause the cart to lean with a groan and creak as the rocks shifted towards her. Pinning her ears back in thought she tried pushing on the cart and with another protest it's contents shifted again. Letting go of the cart she watched the thing teeter and totter back and forth before her eyes lit up and she gave it one large heave, her reward the sound of the rubble cascading over the other end of the cart and onto the ground.

A cloud of dust settled around her as she sneezed and shook the power from her coat a moment before moving to the back of the cart once more and attempting to push the container once more. She was amused to find that it rolled easily now and that she had to use little power to guide the cart since they were at an angle and gravity was taking it's toll on the cart. She would let the cart roll on it's own and when it gave up she'd push again. She really had no clue what she was going to do with the thing but it was still interesting in it's own ways.

Soon she found herself staring at a small dot of light that seemed to be growing larger the closer she got and the scent of the mountainside greeted her. She wagged her tail and panted slightly as she quickened her pace. Finally reaching the outside world she stopped and leaned against the cart to rest. Her nose was quickly assaulted by the smells of the area and she found herself grinning as she caught the scent of a packmate nearby. Looking around she was surprised to find that Leroy was still in the area. Wagging her tail she called out. "Are you stalking me?" She was still slightly perplexed as to what had happened to Svara but no one else was really able to give her any information other than she left shortly after Firefly had. She didn't know what to think, she'd told the pack she would return but she had a funny feeling that the half blind girl had probably tried to follow her.

[/html]
[html]
http://www.digital-bonsai.com/katew/tem ... medead.jpg); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:242px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
OOC i fails with a headache ;-; words 261

Thinking was such an odd thing. He felt better about the pups now that him and Ayita have talked though even that is so, whenever he thinks about it alone his fears come back. The different conflicting feelings were getting very annoying, a flicker of his ear was a physcal display of it. Ayita, for a moment he felt bad. He didn't love her and she knew it and in turn she didn't love him, so thats all right I guess. Maybe they aren't mates or even in love but he does enjoy her company so that's enough for him. Well from this point on he is a father, wow it still sounds so odd.

Ears flickered forward as his red eyes followed the motion of his upper body, turning to look at the source of the voice that he already knew. Blinking for a moment his mind was still busy before he spoke back his own bark. "Stalk you? I would never dream of it!" Deep voice was full of playful as his own grin pulled on his lips, raiseing a brow at the strange thing she had with her along with the place she came out of. Firefly was always werid, but a friend. "I must ask, are you poking around in dark places again..with a weird thing?" Tilting his head as he spoke of the metal thing, tail swayed behind him as he scrathed the back of his neck. "Good to have you home.." Speaking true words his deep voice rumbled his throat.

[/html]
[html]

Firefly couldn't help but doubt the male's words as he finally noticed her there and answered. She tossed her curly red locks over her shoulder as she scuffed. "Just admit it, you dream of it all the time." Her voice drawn out as though she was bored with the conversation. He was male after all and she had caught him from time to time checking out her body and what there was to work with. They were all animals when it came down to it and she didn't mind the attention from the males at all, not that she was going to give back what they were probably wanting from her, unless she was feeling rather frisky.
When he changed the conversation she grinned and shrugged. "I think last time I was poking around in strange dark places I had something rather weird in toll as well." The poor guy, he'd just fallen right into that one. She couldn't help but chuckle as she rolled the cart slightly on the tracks before admitting the truth to the last words he's spoken. "It's good to be back.." she said as she began to relax.

Leaning against the cart Firefly couldn't help but grin as her old packmate stood before her. She remembered just then the conversation with the dim female in the barn and the news she'd granted her. Firefly's eyes sparkled with trouble as she eyed the male a moment before she began tracing the edge of the cart as she spoke. "You know.. I heard.. you'd been playing the field.." She smirked as she added. "Couldn't wait til I returned could you, had to go play with the commoners.." She flicked a bit of sparkly dust from her pelt as she taunted the male. "Soo.. how long have you been catting around anyways, did Svara know?" She'd have the truth out of him sooner or later, she always did.

[/html]
[html]
OOC wotd words 261

The world will never seem to quit amazing him, or amusing which it is more. Blinking for a moment Leroy listened to his to Firefly speak, ears forward with a slight twitch to her voice. Firefly never the nicest one, or better to say had the softest of edges but she was still a good friend. To him at least even if she is grumpy. A small chuckle vibrated his chest patterned chest at some of her words, shaggy grown out hair was lopsided as it fell in front of his eyes. Pushing the bangs back Leroy let a sigh leave escape his lungs. Yes he guess she was right, last time she went into a cave she did have company.

Sitting up Leroy didn’t feel like moving off his spot just yet, his red eyes meeting Firefly’s green ones as his brow rose at her next comments. The dog’s welcoming body posture didn’t leave but his ears flickered with slight annoyance for a moment, a thin layer of seriousness covering his large patterned form as she spoke of Ayita. Firefly’s grin told him she was alacrity to pester him about his current situation, Leroy was well aware of it as he let strong flicker of his tail behind him on the rock. Leroy hadn’t used his rank much but he didn’t feel like talking much about the subject, though he will simple explain, when she spoke of Svara Leroy remained calm with a deep sigh before scratching his neck again.

“I’ve been enjoying myself for a little while. Though it seems you already know I’m an expected father so I can spare the details, Svara, we ended our mateship once she regained her memories.” Voice deep and strong will slight amusement of the topic, he didn’t care that she wished to only press his button but what he did was not a care of hers. “Ain’t that some shit, pups.” His voice was still taking in the strangeness of the word.
[/html]
[html]

Firefly couldn't help but raise her brows at the chuckle that seemed to come from Leroy, she was afraid to even ask what the male was thinking and to a degree she knew it was safer not to ask, for himself and her own. She just rolled her eyes and accepted the fact, they all wanted her in the end, or so she'd convince herself of thus. The girl turned her emerald orbs back to her old friend as she asked. "Soo.. are we going to play follow the leader once more on some daring adventure.." Ok, so it was just a cave, but they could make it an adventure, they always seemed to in their own mocking ways.

Firefly knew that she'd struck a nerve with the male and she just waited, knowing sooner or later he'd get over her comments and move on to another subject or at least humor her on whatever she was riding his ass on this time. She raised a brow as finally he did give up the ghost and start the flow of the conversation once more. She flashed him that devilish grin and waited to see just what he had to say on the subject.

What he did say surprised her a little, she had learned that Leroy and Svara had split up but she hadn't realized how soon after the pack had been formed. When Leroy explained this to Firefly she just let out a little huff of surprise, "Well, as long as you're enjoying yourself.." she said with a slight chuckle. He rambled on about the new surprise life had thrown at him and she did little but shrug, the topic a little touchy for the Sadira woman. "Just don't screw it up Leroy.." she said as she moved towards the cave.

"Well, are you coming?" she asked, then stopped. "Nevermind, we're gonna need some light anyways.. might as well start a fire so we can catch a look around inside." She really just wanted to figure out why there were tracks leading into the cavern and being presented with obstacles was not something she wanted to deal with.

[/html]
[html]

The change of tone in Firefly's voice had remined him of before, that was right she did have children of her own that she could not see. Red eyes remained calm as he watch his golden friend, ears flickered slightly before his deep voice rattled outof his throat. "I might not be the best dad material but i'm not the worest either." Leroy was sure of that, he might not be perfect but he knew that he would be fine.
"I'll need someone to help watch'em here and there." Getting off the rock Leroy let his muscles relaxed as he listened to Firefly talk, it seems they will be poking their heads into another dark place. "I'll grab some wood"
[/html]
[html]

Firefly's ears flicked back at the words that Leroy spoke of. She thought of her own children's father as she frowned, her eyes drawn off away from her black and white friend as she spoke softly. "No, you're not the worst." She wondered why she had let herself get carried away in the game between Haku and herself, why she'd stayed so long after knowing that Haku cared not for the fact that she carried his young. She wondered if he would have even let her leave, but she knew she'd been drawn to the power of her position and she hadn't even wanted to lose that. She had once had a posh life and it had been good. She'd been driven to desperation and had lost it all.

She shook her head as she tried to rid herself of the memories as Leroy's voice broke through again. She wrinkled her nose at the thought and asked. "Do you honestly think that she's going to want me anywhere near your offspring." She flicked her hair over her shoulder as she laughed. "She probably thinks I'd try and fill their heads with dark notions." Really it wasn't a bad idea, she could have her own little collection of evil minions, even if they were short and slightly addle-brained from lack of experience in the world. She smiled at the idea and let her chuckles ease off.

When Leroy suggested getting some wood Firefly nodded and went along to help. "We'll need some rather large ones we can use for torches and of course just some wood for fire as well. I'll gather some torches material" Firefly knew what types of green wood burned nicely and bright. She knew that they'd throw a lot of smoke but that didn't bother her that bad. She moved off into the woods to find some sassafras trees to gather torches from.

It didn't take her too long to find some young sassafras trees and begin to break off some nice sized branches. She left the leaves on knowing that they would serve as extra fuel for lighting the limbs. She smiled as her collection grew quite large before she returned back to where they'd start the fire. Just in time to see Leroy returning as well. "Excellent, now let's try and get this fire going. I'd rather return back here before it's too dark." Firefly didn't mind the dark, she just liked knowing what was out there in the world and sometimes it was harder when the night had settled in, especially with a nose full of smoke and eyes blinded by fire.

[/html]