any colour you like [aw!]
[html]

All welcome, one or two please! If you're going to forget about this thread, please don't join. . . I don't mind you possibly being slow, but I don't want it ignored. Maybe a puppy? :o Or someone she hasn't met or spent time with much? 300+ words.

#####Her dress was new, and her mood was bright, and her general outlook on life was strangely optimistic today. Despite everything that had happened in her life - she couldn't really say recently, since it had been off and on since her birth - Princess was feeling rather jovial. It had been yesterday that she had ventured back into the city, as she did so often to search for new, pretty, and exciting clothes. Among the many things she had taken from the city was the dress she wore now, white with flowers in a pink-red color, and she loved it. The awesome colors she had found in some of her dresses made her smile, and she was glad she had become fond of the human clothes that some chose to wear while others did not. With proper grooming and brushing of her hair, they made her feel very pretty, and she liked to feel pretty.

#####After having preened herself to her own version of perfection that morning, she had decided to go exploring within the pack lands, something she had not yet done thoroughly, which was completely crazy! She couldn't believe that she hadn't thoroughly gone over the lands yet, but she had been a bit busy with all fo the drama lately. It was nice for things to be a little more normal again, though. Now, as she stared down at the little river beneath her dangling feet, she was a little curious to know how she had managed to find the small river among the trees, and how she had climbed up into the tree without a single thought. Who knew she could climb, and quickly? It was surprising that she wasn't at all nervous about being so high up in the tree. The silence was calming, and her fingers felt nice wrapped around the branch on either side of her hips. Swinging her feet, she hummed to herself, a quiet tune that she couldn't quite place.

Table by Alli!
[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... leaf_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Sorry about the wait!!
300+

Amata was playing outside. Slowly, as she bounded through the tall grasses that were becoming crunchy with the promise of the coming autumn, the creamy pup began to realize that she had grown. It wasn’t a lot, she decided, since the grass was still tall. But she decided that she had grown somewhat, especially because she could see above them now. It was a very exciting concept, and, when Amata was excited, she liked to sing and run. So she ran, bounding through those grasses that were now shorter than she was, and she hummed a rhythmless tune. As she ran, she found a stick on the ground! She remembered how running with sticks was very fun, so, as she ran by, she deftly snatched it up in her little mouth, feeling very accomplished that she had done so. She felt very graceful, and, because she felt that way, she hummed even as she ran with the stick in her mouth, and she turned to watch the leaves of the twig as they flapped happily in the wind. But then—

"Ouch!" she exclaimed suddenly, and she found herself on the ground, her stick having flown very far from her. She wanted to get up right away so that the stick wouldn’t get lost. But, even though she wanted to get up, her head was hurting a lot. The little girl hoped that the tree wasn’t hurting. "Sorries, Tree! I’s not payin’ attention!" With a little grown, the growing child pushed herself up. Suddenly, she realized that the tree was humming too! This delighted the girl, and she smiled despite her hurt. Slowly, her head turned up to look upon the tree, and she was surprised to find that there was someone in there. A little gasp of surprise was emitted to express such a thing. "His," the girl said politely. "I’s Amata!" She smiled brightly. "Whos ares yous?" Her head cocked to the side in that terribly uncomfortable position.

[/html]
[html]

<3 300+ words.

#####Looking down suddenly, Princess spotted the light-colored puppy beneath the tree, a smile forming across her self-decided pretty face. Savina had mentioned her three children, and Princess had been planning to look for them sooner or later - especially the two girls, since she had a lot of clothes that they might like to dress up in when they could shift, too - but she was pleasantly surprised that one of them had found her first. It saved her the trouble of having to look for Amata, at least, and now they would be better acquainted for when the girls could shift and she gave them some of her old clothes! Smiling, Princess gave a small wave to Amata, wondering if she should get out of the tree yet or if Amata was just passing through. It would probably be a little harder to get down than it had been to get up, she realized now. She certainly didn't want to fall into the stream!

#####Even if the pup hadn't introduced herself, Princess would have known who she was, probably. Savina had told her the names and colors of her children, and since they were the only pups in the pack that she knew of, a light-colored puppy could only be little Amata. "Hi, Amata! Your mom told me about you, and I was going to come looking for you soon. I'm Princess!" She wondered if the pup might make the connection of her name ot the actual idea of a princess from the stories, and if so, if she would like it as much as some had, in her experience since coming to the area. "What are you up to?" She entertained the idea of asking if Amata could change her body yet, but decided against it, since they had only just met. That question was better saved for later, since she was excited for them to learn to shift, even though she hadn't yet met Cambria, and was only just meeting Amata. Still, though, who wouldn't be excited to play dress up with two little girls who would surely then look up to her?

Table by Alli!
[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... leaf_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

300+

"You know me already?" the girl’s voice exclaimed in question. That was a pleasant surprise. While the girl wanted to know the wolf in the tree, she did not. And although that distressed her a bit (she felt badly that she could not remember someone who could remember her) she was too overwhelmed by the feelings of ‘happy’ and ‘excited’ to give ‘distress’ much thought. Her tail was wagging happily when it suddenly stopped, the blue and green eyes widening with surprise. "You are Princess?" There was awe in her voice. "I are a princess and a fish princess and a cool princess," she explained with child-like chatter. "But I never met someone named Princess before!" The young pup did one of her little curtsies to Princess. If she was before higher royalty than herself, the girl would have to be polite and show manners (even though she was already polite and showed manners). "Do you have a prince too?"

"Me?" the little girl repeated, feeling quite special that Princess wanted to know about what she was doing. Her tail wagged several times, almost sheepishly. "I was just running with a stick." Then, suddenly, she remembered that she had indeed been running with a stick, but she remembered also that she had dropped it. The blue and green orbs turned away from the girl in the tree as she tried to look for her stick. Occasionally her little muzzle would lower to the ground and she would sniff at the earth. But it was her sight that found the stick, and with a delighted yip she pounced on it, picking it up with her little mouth. She trotted happily over to the place upon which she had stood only moments before. "This is the stick," she explained as she deposited it upon the floor. "It is much funner to run with a stick." She smiled happily as she paused, her head craned back to look up at the girl. "How did you get up there, Princess?"

[/html]
[html]

<3 500+ words.

#####Nodding cheerfully, Princess was glad to see that Amata was such a chipper young girl. "When I first joined, 'cause my brother's in this pack and I wanted to get away from my mom in another pack, your mom told me about you three." Eventually, Princess would have gone through the effort of searching for the three puppies, but she wasn't completely sure of their ages (still very young, judging by little Amata here) and she was really excited to show the two girls her dresses and the boy all of her little trinkets and strange things from human houses. It would be easier just to find them when she knew they could all shift, but she certainly didn't mind meeting them beforehand! Unlike her mother, Princess adored puppies and enjoyed them immensely. Someday, she would love to have her own children, but not anytime soon. She has hardly over a year old! Besides that, she didn't have a mate or anything, and she didn't know what was going on with Haven. . . But she knew that she missed him something awful. Soon, she would have to go and find him in his pack or something to visit him.

#####"What's a fish princess? and that's really cool! Are there any other princesses around here?" Obviously, she did not consider herself as one of those she was asking about. It was possible that Amata was the only princess here, even though she had another sister - maybe it was a game of sorts. The question that Amata asked was a difficult one. Did she have a prince? Not really, she supposed. If she had anything, it was a Knight. "Well, I have a Knight, but he lives in another pack. He used to live here, though," she added decisively. It wasn't likely that Amata would know Haven, but still, she chose to keep his name in her own mind, incase it wasn't smart to let anyone else in the pack know about them. Puppies were notorious for having very big mouths, terribly bad at keeping secrets. . . She knew from firsthand experience, since she had never been good at keeping her own secrets, let alone anyone else's.

#####Laughing gently, Princess studied the stick that Amata had brought back to the tree. She had never tried to run with a stick before, as long as she could remember, but it was still cool. "How come you were running with that stick, and not another one? Oh! And I climbed up here, with my shifted form." She lifted her own strange hands as an explanation. "Can you shift yet? If not, it'll happen soon, and then you can climb trees, too! But, if you want, I can come down for right now," she offered, her tone excited. Princess didn't mind having to come down out of the tree if Amata wanted her to, since she wasn't doing anything interesting up there, anyway. She didn't even know why, exactly, she had even climbed up into the tree, but the view had been nice. If she could have shown it to Amata, she would have, but she didn't trust herself to carry the pup into the tree.

Table by Alli!
[/html]
[html]

300+

The darkening ears pricked forward, and she smiled happily. "Who is your brother?" Maybe Amata had met him before, and that would be very exciting. It would be just like the time when Amata had met Oh-say-ann and then had met No-war only to find that they were sisters and that No-war had also met Cambi. That had been a very fun and exciting day. Amata wondered if this day would be similar.

"A fish princess is a princess of fishes!" She hopped up and down excitedly, because she remembered when she had become a fish princess. "Anu was teaching me how to swim, and then we played a game, and I became a lake animal, and so I was the princess of the fishes," the creamy girl explained with her chatter. Anu had stolen a stick from the lake and the fish princess had sought to reclaim it. It had been a very fun game while it had lasted, but then the sky and the clouds had started to rain and yell, and the game had stopped.

"You has a Knight?" Wow, that was so very cool! "Why iss he in another pack?" That was a sad thought. Why wasn’t the knight closer so that he could protect the Princess? "Why isn’t he in this pack?"

Princess’ question seemed strange to Amata—hadn’t Princess ever run with a stick? But Amata was glad that she could explain something. She felt pretty smart at that moment. "I’s running with a stick because it’s really fun! And this stick is my friend now, so I am playing with him," Amata explained happily, her tail wagging. "It’s very fun to run with a stick," she repeated, "Have you ever run with a stick before?" Briefly she looked down at her stick, proud to have it as a playmate, before returning her gaze to Princess. Princess had a lot of questions, but Amata had a lot of answers. And Amata liked questions, because she already had a million questions tucked in her metaphorical pocket.

"No...I can’t shift yet," she said with a little pout. She did very much want to be old enough to shift! And the creamy girl was sad that she had to wait until she could shift to climb trees. "You can stays up there if you want!" Amata exclaimed, her eyes wide. "I don’t want you to not have fun, Princess," she said and then she gave a little curtsy again, that awkward motion that was not suited for wolf forms.

[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

#####If Princess had known that it was Amata that both her brother and her mother had gotten in trouble for hurting, then she would never have mentioned him. Unfortunately, she had not thought to ask Savina or Ares which of the puppies it had been that had been hurt by both of her family members, though it may have been a good idea to do so. "His name is Ares, and he's all black and grey and he's got yellow eyes, even brighter than mine. Do you know him?" It was, unbeknownst to her, a dangerous question, considering Amata's history with Ares. In fact, Princess had darn well nearly forgotten that Ares had gotten in trouble with Savina for harming one of her daughters, since it had been ages since she had joined Crimson Dreams - nearly two months already, which was crazy! It was creeping up on being almost as long as she had been in Dahlia de Mai, which felt strange.

#####"That's really cool! I've never met a fish princess before!" she exclaimed, pleased that Amata was so excited and friendly. "But no, I've never run with a stick. Am I missing out on al the fun?" Going along with the happy tones of the young girl, Princess admitted that she had never played with sticks like it was some big secret, some terrible regret that she had kept bottled up deep inside. "And yeah! I have a knight, and his name is Haven! He used to live here, but he doesn't anymore, 'cause he lives in another pack with his King and stuff," she explained, trying to answer the girl in one moment, since Amata seemed to have so much to say. Princess wished that Haven lived here still, because it would have been so much easier, but maybe things would have been different for them if he had already been in the pack when she got here. In that case, she was glad that her knight was elsewhere, even if it did make her a little sad.

#####Getting down was a little more difficult than getting up, and she was surprised that she did not rip her dress or anything, though this was a good thing. This dress was new, and it would not do to have it rip so soon! It was disappointing that Amata couldn't shift yet, but it was not unexpected, since she knew that the three pups were still very young. "When you can shift, do you think you and your sister would want to come and play dress up? I have a lot of pretty dresses, and some are small enough that they might fit you guys when you can shift," she offered, pleased with herself. She did hope that they would want to, and she would try to find something for their brother to do, so they could all play. "And, that's okay! I can have fun down here, too. What do you think we should do?" It was obvious that Amata had a good imagination, since she could run with sticks and have fun, and she was a fishy princess. The creamy pup would probably have some ideas of what they could do, for sure.

Table by Alli!
[/html]