dancing my heart away
[html]
name. Taika

birthdate. May 14, 2008

race. luperci

gender. female

email. hanalways@gmail.com

msn. hanalways@gmail.com

The sun flickered easily through the Canadian wilderness, draping large beams of dying summer light through holes that were punched out of the forest canopy. Taika had once loved this wonderful weather, frolicking in the journey to find her new home. Alas, these times seemed to bring a sense in urgency in her relocation for a new home. While the summer was an easy season to be considered a lone wolf, especially for someone as spry and youthful as the yearling was, she couldn't deny the fact that winter was fast approaching and she had neither the experience or natural talent to last comfortably throughout the colder weather. In fact, she counted her graces that the skies had been cast clear for the last few weeks and she had been able to work well within her surroundings and the distances that she had been traveling seemed less troublesome.

However, as she tossed a nose into the air for a gathering of scents, Taika noticed at once the presence of a pack. In fact, she had noticed the presence of quite a few established packs in the area, and wondered exactly which one to go to. Well, in that matter, she didn't even know how this whole process worked. Aiden and Michael had both gone out on their own, and brought back her new sister-in-laws, they hadn't quite wanted to come up to the little family clan in search for a new home. They, like her, searched for their own home alone, and Taika so far had come up with squat. The creamy colored femme was beginning to even doubt herself. But now was different, now she had her own choice, her own picks, but she still had no idea how to do it.

Tentatively, she picked at the border of a clearly defined pack, not exactly trespassing but not exactly staying outside of it either. Furrowing her brow, she checked her posture. Tail tucked neatly between her legs, stance low and respectable, her eyes warily scouted the horizon with her ears flattened against her head. She could only guess time was going to tell.
[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... -mab_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hello, and welcome! I will keep my posts short for this joining thread. Joining threads are always priority, so I will try my best to not keep you waiting! ^=^
300+

Her pups slept once more. Slowly she began to wean them from the milk of her belly, and slowly their need of it receded. Her need to hunt did not lessen, but the hunger she herself felt did. Continuously they grew independent, and she continued the practices of war. As they slept, the warrior watched them momentarily, a fondness moving through the diluted emotions of her soul. Their forms were small and yet not as small as they once had been. How strange it was to the Caledonian-Korean that a Warrior, a giver of Death, should bear life. How strange it was to be fettered in such a way. The woad bound maw lowered as she nuzzled them, and then, silently, in a single motion, the Raven Warrior turned and moved through the woods, her body a mere shadow in the vastness of the trees, her eyes shards of light that glowed in the half-light of the day filtered by the canopy of dying summer.

Silently, with ethereal fluidity, the black fae moved through the woods, her gait swift and yet unhurried, her paws carrying her with purpose, and yet the path was unmarked. Her posture was erected and elegant, aloof and yet without an ounce of arrogance. The tranquility that moved through her was like the flow of a river, and it was that river that was seen upon her features, upon her impassive face, upon those quiet eyes. The woad bound maw lifted to the scent upon the air. The trees sighed softly to the Raven Dreamer, and in the distance of her Dreaming she could hear the call of that voice upon the light of day. And yet there was silence, and there was a scent, too.

The fluid movements ceased, and yet so complete was the otherworldly singing of the warrior’s body that the movement and the stillness seemed as one. The white, lunar orbs considered the younger female upon the boarders, but it was not with gelidity. "You are expecting someone," the soft melody sang, her voice dancing like silver upon the air of turning seasons. A faint, perhaps amiable smile seemed to move across those quiet lips. The words of the woad-marked she-wolf was a statement and not a question, for the posture that was held by the blue-eyed girl was one of submission. The warrior approved of the respect that the stranger displayed upon the boarders.

[/html]
[html]
Thanks. Big Grin I'll try to be snappy with my replies as well.

As the sun wove intricate patterns in and out of Taika's beige kissed fur, as she wondered how long she wanted to play this game. There was no guarantee at all that anyone would decide to drop by the little patch of terrain that she chose to stop upon. For all she knew, the whole pack could be on the other side of their territory running a end of the season hunt. Internally grimacing at that thought, the girl shuffled her feet for a split second and was wavering between the decision to stay or to depart, and at that debate an answer seemed to emerge. In a stature not unlike her own, but more athletic, more lithe came a ebony black female. Taika's brilliant blues met the female before being averted, casted down to show immediate signs of submission.

The other's words surprised Taika, and she slowly churned them in her head. If one was to state it like that, it was a complete different perspective, not one that the youthful female had thought of. She was merely in the lobby until invited into an interview. But she guessed in that case, she was expecting to meet someone. Hesitating, the girl nodded and gave out a simple reply. "Yes... I was hoping to represent myself to gain entry into your pack." There, that wasn't so hard was it? Taika shuffled her feet in an anxious manner, not wanting to offend her newly acquired company, but not wanting to think she was some random crazy wolf that was incompetent.
[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... -mab_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

300+

The erected plume, dipped in woad, flowed in a sinuous path as a water snake might create upon the calm surface of the lake. The black she-wolf listened to the words, and she listened to the silence, to the girl’s breathing. Those white orbs, tranquil and yet intense with the wild ferocity of one born wolf, considered the younger female and the blue eyes that had briefly met her gaze. The warrior’s scrutiny missed very little, and she was compelled now to miss nothing. Dahlia had suffered the presence of several treacherous characters, and she wished not to allow such creatures beyond the borders of the pack that she helped to lead and to create. And yet, for the moment, this girl offered no treachery to her. "Our borders are open," the quiet alto offered, a brief nod parting the cooled air. The girl seemed nervous as she shuffled before the Adonis, but the black fae, her social prestige lacking, knew not how to assuage such a thing. The warrior’s purpose was not to incite fear. That was never a warrior’s purpose—save for within the heart of the enemy met already upon the fields of war.

In the silence that followed their voices, the woad-bound ears lifted to hear the song of the world that hummed in her soul, that rang against the golden light of the day. Light passed through those otherworldly eyes that held no pit of darkness. Yet, it was not within the eyes that darkness was held, but the mar upon the light of her soul that drew the darkness in. "What brings you to Dahlia de Mai?" The query rose upon the air with dancing feet, the Caledonian lilt soft and gentle within the silence. The black fae did not yet relax her posture and withheld the air of formality. This meeting now had become part of an ancient lupine ritual, and, as with customs, the Caledonian-Korean withheld the respect and honor of such rituals and customs.

[/html]
[html]
Hope seemed to blossom in the young chest of Taika as she regarded the ebony female's words. Open borders were definitely a favoring sign, as it never had struck the girl that a pack could be too full to accept a loner like her. Naturally, it made sense if she thought about it, but such matters seemed to be such a vague fairy tale to her. Coming to a pack that just recently hit a mark of seven wolves at it's largest, two at it's smallest, Taika was new to the novel idea that packs could possibly get merely too big. Alas, this was not the case, and a glimmer of opportunity seemed to be represented in the mark of the pack member. The ivory yearling held her voice as well as her breath, uncertain of the proceedings next, but instinct beckoned to be silent unless told otherwise.

Dahlia de Mai. Such an eloquent name and Taika carefully considered it before replying to her inquiry. "I came in search of a home." Blue eyes gazed distantly at her halt, echoing the loneliness of her lifestyle within the past few months. Taika was a sociable creature, and the isolation that met her after her decision to leave made her eager at the chance to change it. "My previous pack was a squabble of power. I wanted not only to find something for myself..." She hesitated, glancing up at the other. "I wanted to be there for others too." She didn't quite know if she said the right the or the wrong, but as far as she knew that was the truth. She was tired of her brothers' attempting to get ahead of one another. Aggravated at her parents passive apathy. Annoyed by the airheaded females that went to bed with her airheaded brothers. Most of all, she was sick of feeling like she couldn't do anything about it, and that it didn't matter.
[/html]
[html]

300+

An imperceptible smile moved across her quiet lips. The woad bound female was silent only for a brief moment after the dying of the female’s voice. "There are many who seek homes," the soft melody replied. And she did not make the formal use of the fae with blue eyes, for a name and an introduction was not get given. "What has moved you to seek a home here?" There were many other packs, and while Cwmfen herself had found Dahlia de Mai as such that she had sworn her loyalty to the pack and to the Rosea, she knew that not all creatures found the same thing within the flower pack. Many had left, some to another pack. Some, even, had been exiled. The white orbs held the downcast gaze with untroubled ease, her quiet presence not demanding but commanding respect. And this girl had given it easily, had made her body display it even before the Adonis had happened upon her. Such a thing had already shown the quiet warrior much.

The woad-marked fae considered the other at those final words, and the woad-bound ears swiveled slightly as if to catch a sound in the silence. "How will you be there for others," the alto melody queried, her head tilting almost imperceptibly in question. Did the girl wish to simply join the pack, contributing it in a social manner? Or did she seek also to gain a co-rank once the proper rank as received? Dahlia was most definitely in need of a healer, but how much the younger wolf knew the warrior did not know. How much the girl was willing to learn, and what the girl was willing to uptake was known to an even lesser extent. But the warrior was patient, as was Dahlia, and, should the girl be accepted, Dahlia would wait and watch. "Is that what you come to offer Dahlia?" Or is there more?

[/html]
[html]
I'm trying to work on a table, but it's slightly hard on a laptop. Hrm.

The black femme's words seem to strike a vote of confidence in the girl as she stood on the brink of unrank and rank. The division of worlds seemed to jar Taika out of the impending doom that she wasn't good enough. She was good enough, and even though there were many who seek homes, trudging through the world in order to find a place of solace and comfort, Taika knew she deserved a home. A good home. An if Dahlia de Mai could be her home, it would be something joyous.

Questions flowed out of the ranked wolf as Taika sat, wondering where to start first. Furrowing her brow, she balanced and distributed her weight evenly between her four creamy paws. "I wish to live in a place that I can contribute anything to. I'm young, and inexperienced, but I put all my heart into learning." She faltered, nerves getting the best of her, but a soft streak of competence continued her to push on. "I don't always know the answer right away. But I will always strive to learn it." Blue eyes swiveled to see the other in her peripheral, not exactly looking at the ebony wolf but not exactly looking away either. "I came to offer my best. It might not be highly educated, or extremely strong, but I swear my loyalties and my best endeavors." Taika could only hope that it was good enough for this pack.
[/html]
[html]

Do you need help with making a table?
300+

It only concerned the black fae mildly that this wolf had not introduced herself; often such a thing was becoming of those unfamiliar with one another and given before a true conversation progressed. Always the Dahlian Warrior awaited the giving of a name; she did not give her own first when dealing with those that wished to join. Perhaps it was merely a test of some sort, a test that the warrior seemed to notice more acutely than others. But it was not one of great consequence, at least within the more open matters. "Can you not contribute to all places, even if you should live in solitude?" At times the black fae’s words became those that were not literal. They were not fantastic, nor were they lies, but simply provoking the gathering of deeper meaning. As a warrior, she understood the importance of a moving mind, and the mind was just as powerful as the body, if not more so. "Many packs here can offer protection and a safe home," the melody continued. "Why have you sought Dahlia over the others?" The Dahlian wolf was insistent upon that query, for each established pack could offer this pup what she sought. The warrior wished to know why. She wanted a reason.

"You are still young," the soft alto agreed, and yet the responsibilities of adulthood were already quite near for the blue-eyed fae. A soft golden laughter, mirthful and warm, danced quietly, almost silently, upon the still air. "You swear loyalty swiftly," the soft alto replied, her melody dancing with that mild, almost indiscernible mirth. "Even to an entity unknown to you." Perhaps it was merely a comment, a speculation with which the warrior sought to move the mind of the young female. There was a length of silence in which those white orbs, impassive as they watched her, piercing as they considered her, was held level with the female whose name had not been revealed. "And you are certain that it is to Dahlia de Mai that you wish to swear loyalty?"

[/html]
[html]
No, I'm just unsure of the colors because of the laptop screen. Everytime I move the screen the colors look vastly different. >< But thanks though! Big Grin

Taika held herself in place as the other wolf gave her questions, inquiring both practical and deep theoretical of the girl as she stood her ground. She kept her submission in place, eyes averted from the ranked wolf as she pondered how to reply. In all honesty, her question was valid. Why did Taika specifically pick this pack. She could lie, and flatter, saying that the pack was rumored to be the greatest of these lands, and she came here to seek acceptance in the most elite and humbling pack out there. But not only did that not appeal to her morally, she doubted seriously if she could pull it off. Giving a little bit of a sigh she gave a little bit of a shuffle with her feet and replied softly. "Honestly, I don't know why I chose this pack in particular. It was more like... I was guided here." She grimaced at herself, hoping that she could bite those words back. Guided here? Really? Glancing to the side she inhaled, realizing she was in this deep.

"Because of this, because of the way my feet seemed to take me here. To this spot. I can't ignore it. It's like a sign." Another hesitation, a breath, and a quiver of her youthful body sent her onto the next. "I know I am naive, and overall inexperienced but my loyalty does not come from jest and hot air. I sincerely believe that I could be a valuable aspect to your pack." Blue eyes reflected her situation, the dire circumstances that she came to the borders of Dahlia de Mai, and how she humbly and embarrassingly came to this scene. And yet it didn't seem to matter, because there had to be a good reason why she was here. There had to be a sign behind her miles and miles of journey. "I know it is Dahlia de Mai that I swear my loyalty."

Turning to the female afore her, she slightly wondered how she came to Dahlia de Mai. Was she a loner like herself that came to the pack? Or was she born apart of it. And come to think of it - what was her name? Piercing blue eyes widened as she realized she had never really introduced herself. A mental head slap was in order and Taika took it liberally. How absolutely shameful it was for her to barge in, her identity still unknown to this new world, and hope that they would accept her. "I..." She started, then faltered once more. "I'm sorry. I realize I haven't even properly introduced myself yet. My name is Taika."
[/html]
[html]

Sorry about the wait! I’m very busy, hahah ;; I’m going to go ahead and accept you and have you titled, so you can start having threads. This thread can end too, if you want; send me a PM to let me know what you want to do.
300+

The Raven Dreamer listened in silence as the younger female spoke. She spoke as one young with words that a younger creature who did not yet fully understand the world might say. And the silence was patiently allowed to persist as uncertain pauses ensued. But the black fae understood what was meant, and an imperceptible nod was given. "Nothing is by chance," the soft melody agreed as the alto song broke the silence. The Woad Warrior’s understand of the world, also, was not as the creatures that lived within these lands. But she understood what the other tried to explain. "Your inexperience should be of no error," the Adonis continued. "All creatures begin in such a way." There was a slight pause as if she were thinking, considering an option. The white orbs strayed for a brief moment, lifting to find the distance, beholding it for a moment longer before the gaze was allowed to return. "You were ‘guided’ here, and you swear loyalty now to Dahlia de Mai," the warrior’s song sang, a collection of what had been said. "Perhaps you were indeed required to find this path at our borders." A faint smile moved across her maw, and it was uncertain as to whether she spoke to the girl or to herself.

It was then that the girl finally came to realize a thing that had been lacking within the conversation. Indeed, the warrior would have asked it of her should the conversation had continued without such knowledge, but it was more appropriate for the girl herself to give such knowledge first with willingness. "Taika," the soft, Caledonian lilt repeated, the woad-bound maw dipping in greeting. A soft smile, perhaps amiable, graced the quiet lips. "Cwmfen nic Graine, Adonis and Head Warrior of Dahlia." The soft smile persisted. "You are ranked now as Gazon and are now of Dahlia de Mai. Those that lead are Cercelee, the Rosea, Haku, the Lilium, and myself." There was a brief pause. "Co-ranks are indeed available, but not until you have achieved the rank of Mai. Until then, you may fill your inexperience with experience. Welcome to Dahlia de Mai, Taika." It was then that the warrior, in her stillness, at last moved, and she moved with such fluidity as to be a part of the wind itself, or perhaps the water. It was time to return to her pups.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.